RACE * ETHNICITY * NATIONALITY....101

RACE....ETHNICITY....NATIONALITY....what's the difference?

The entire RACE/ETHNICITY concept really isn't that complicated.

The problem is people have been so miseducated about race, ethnicity, and nationality not only in the United States but around the world that it's hard for them to abandon the false concepts and ideas told to them by their teachers, parents, and other authority figures and decide to think for themselves so they hold on to falsehood and this leads to increased confusion.

Well I decided to think for myself and do my OWN classifying based on my own observations and reasoning and this is what I came up with.

It's not very scientific, but I consider it quite logical and straight forward.

Race

This classifies people based on their physical characteristics as well as their distant ancestral origins.
It's genetic and is based on how they LOOK.

There are 5 distinct races:

African: Also called "Black". The native peoples originally from the continent of Africa with dark skin and/or kinky hair but doesn't include the very light skinned Arabs and Berbers of Northern Africa.

Dravidian: Also called "Indian". The dark skinned people originally from southern India but doesn't include the White or light skinned descendants of the Aryans who primarily live in the north.

Caucasians: Usually called White.  Not just Europeans but many Arabs and Latinos  are also Caucasian racially speaking

Mongol: Usually called "Asian" or "East Asian". The yellow skinned people occupying most of Eastern Asia like the Chinese, Koreans, Thai, ect....

Native American: Also called "Indian".  The brown skinned original inhabitants of the Western Hemisphere, many of whom are called "Latinos" today.
In truth this DOES NOT include many White people with long hair who CALL themselves "Native American" based on small percentages of Native Ancestry.

Everyone on this planet belongs to either ONE or those races or is a mixture/combination of those race to various degrees.

Ethnicity

This is the most complex classification system.
It's not necessarily based on how someone looks....although people of the same ethnic group usually DO look similar to eachother.

Ethnicity is primarily based on CULTURE.
People living in the same region, sharing the same language, sharing the same religion, eating the same types of food, ect......

There are too many ethnic groups to mention.
But some examples would be:

Arabs: The original Arabs were Caucasian but as they went around the region conquering people and intermixing they included a lot of Dravidians and Africans in their population so their spotted up now.

Latinos: Like Arabs, the original Latinos were White Spaniard but after intermingling with the Africans and Native Americans they are of different colors.

AfroAmerican: People of AFrican descent in the United States.
We aren't one single race but are an ethnic group made up PRIMARILY of the African race (hense the name Afro) but have heavy concentrations of Caucasian and Native American in us.
Some of our people are actually MORE Caucasian than African, but because ethnic groups aren't soley based on race....they are still in our group even though they are actually Caucasian.

Jewish: Jewish isn't just a religion, it's also an ethic group.
There are Jews who don't even believe in Judaism but they come from a culture of Judaism.
Most Jews are Caucasian but there are many Black Jews and converts of other races.

Nationality

Nationality is relatively simple........
Whatever NATION you are born in, that's your nationality.
IF you were born in Mexico...you're Mexican.
If you were born in Nigeria....you're Nigerian.
If you were born in Russia.....you're Russian.

It doesn't matter what color you are, your religion, your race, your gender, ect....
If you were born in that NATION...then that's your NATIONALITY.

There are too many nationalities to mention all of them.
American
Russian
Chinese
Nigerian
Brazilian

No one can be "half Chinese and half Filipino".....they are Mongolian or "East Asian" by race.

When you meet a White man from America who says he's "Italian" or "Irish Catholic"....recognize that he's confused as hell.
You're only Irish or Italian if you were born in Ireland or Italy.

If someone says Jennifer Lopez is a Puerto Rican, THEY don't know what they're talking about.

She's not Puerto Rican, she's American because she was born in the United States.
But she IS Latina because she is of that particular ethnic group.

The opinions expressed above in no way reflect AALBC.com, it's affiliates, or Web master.

You have mixed more terms than I can address. Even with your pre-19th century understanding of race, African refers to the continent. Many white Africans would disagree, legitimately with your descriptions.  Africa is home to over 50 nations, countless entinicities, and one race.

Judism is a religion, if you don't believe the religion, by definition you are not a Jew. It is like not believing in Christ and calling yourself Christian. Sure judism like any religion is part of one's entnicity.

J Lo is Puerto Rican (if she says she is).

One's nationality is a legislative thing. Your rules are not universal. Laws regarding nationality vary. Some people @Pioneer1 are members of more than one nationality.

You can't force people in neat little boxes of your own design.  Not only it is narrow-minded it is unnecessary.

A few quick points:

1. Yes Judaism is a religion.
However the definition of a "Jew" has expanded far beyond just a member of that religion.
It's now a ethnic group.
You even have atheist Jews like Karl Marx and Woody Allen

2. There is more than just one race (human race) living in Africa today.
You have millions of Caucasians living in both the North (as Arabs and Berbers) as well as the South (as Afrikaners)

3. Jennifer Lopez is NOT Puerto Rican.
She was born in the Bronx....U.S.A....thus she is AMERICAN regardless as to what she calls herself.

Infact, since America basically owns Puerto Rico now I'm not sure if Puerto Rican should even still be considered a nationality.
The same goes for Hawaiian.

4. I must admit that you got me on the "nationality" issue.

You're right and I thought about the fact that different nations have different methods of establishing nationality before I posted.

I understand that you're not really consider a French citizen regardless of whether either you OR your parents were born there and this has led to a lot of hostility between France and the children of French born immigrants.
I think you're not considered British unless your White too....but I may be mistaken.

However because of the complicated and often nonsensical legislation of many nations I decided to make it a little more simple so that folks can understand the differences between a person's RACE (how they look) and a person's NATIONALITY (where they were born).

But you're right....technically nationality is actually based on legislative rules of the respective nations.

What do you mean those opinions don't reflect AALBC?

Man......
Instead of distancing yourself from this knowledge you should EMBRACE it and take it to your class and TEACH it to your students!

Lol....pass the torch!

• Like 1

LOL! man there has been some very crazy shit posted here over the years, and this was the first time I felt it necessary to distance the site and myself from something someone wrote.

The main reason was the way you presented it as if it were factual, definitive, and indisputable, none of which it was of course, but I could see some kid coming here reading what you wrote and putting it in a school report of something, a lot of the site's traffic comes from schools.  What you wrote belongs in Wikipedia :P

I think this is the first time you conceded a point.  I'm proud of you.  I see some of my time and energy has not been wasted.

You really should consider not using the word "Race," in the way that you have; it is wrong technically and confusing in a colloquial sense.  Maybe try "ethnic group," this is more accurate and less confusing.  Scientific American defines more than 5,000 of them. I also found this map that would probably make you very happy, as it uses all the terms you like:

Ethnic_Groups_in_the_World.jpg

I have to concede your point about what it means to be Jewish.  I looked at a few Jewish sites and they all say that you do not have to be observant to be considered a Jew.  I find that fascinating!  This must be an effort to bolster their diminishing numbers rather than actually count the number of adherents to the religion.  I will now always look at the estimated number of Jews with a side-eye.

Dude, you can be American and Puerto Rican. We used to call people like J-Lo Nuyoricans (New York Puerto Ricans).  It is a matter of culture. You do not get to define that for her, or anyone else for that matter.

This may be slightly off point. But I have been watching the PBS series on the 100th anniversary of America's entry into the the First World War and any semblance i ever had to patriotism was quickly banished.  This country have never lived up to its promises.  President Woodrow Wilson was racist, misogynistic, 2-faced and Southern-born, in the forefront of ignoring women's suffrage movement, not supportive of equal rights for  Blacks, praising the blatantly racist movie "Birth of a Nation," all the while championing the war as being fought to "preserve democracy".  He also gave silent consent to other citizens turning on German Americans and, in one case, did not condemn the lynching a WHITE German suspected of being a sympathizer of the Kaiser.  

When this war broke out, thousands of young black men wanted to show their love for America by enlisting in the army where, once they were inducted, were treated like dirt, not allowed to train at regular military bases, assigned to ditch diggin, and dangerous tasks like like loading ammo. While stationed in South Carolina 13 black soldiers were sentenced to death and executed for participating in a riot started when black service men ventured off base and were met with hostility by the nearby townsfolk.  

All of the famous military brigades refused to annex black units into their ranks and it wasn't until they were shipped off to France at the urging of this country, which was desperate for soldiers of any color to help  stave off the "Huns", that black troops were allowed to prove themselves in battle, and eventually were cited by American General John J. Pershing  for their bravery. They were also decorated by the French government, having had to leave their own country to gain the recognition which still wasn't granted when they returned to America.  This situation was duplicated to a lesser degree during World War 2.  

I couldn't care less about being an "American".  To me America is just a country I happened to have been born in and I have no love or take no  pride in its revisionist history and tainted legacy. If I have to choose a label for myself,  I would just say I'm "black" because I am neither white nor African, so black wins by default. I don't care how other people classify me.   

As for Jenifer Lopez , if she says she's Puerto Rican, has a  surname that identifies her as Hispanic, then to me she's a Puerto Rican. This seems to be an issue that inspires self-contradiction among debaters.  

Obviously in "The World According to Pioneer" he is a do-it-yourself  arbitrator.    

• Like 1

Troy

The main reason was the way you presented it as if it were factual, definitive, and indisputable, none of which it was of course, but I could see some kid coming here reading what you wrote and putting it in a school report of something, a lot of the site's traffic comes from schools. What you wrote belongs in Wikipedia

Well I said at the beginning that the presentation wasn't very scientific, I'm not an anthropologist.

But I know what I've seen and I trust my own powers of reasoning.

So I hope this thread DOES have
a positively powerful effect on any young students who may come across it.
It's better for their minds than that "rainbow" garbage they're being indoctrinated with in school right now.

Atleast when kids were told they were Black and knew they were Black they had a sense of unity and would collectively fight discrimination and injustice.
They saw themselves as a separate group of people who were being preyed upon and recognized the need to "get ahead" as a group....like the Asians and Latinos do.

So you had BLACK banks, BLACK grocery stores, BLACK funeral homes, BLACK hotels.

Once Black children were told that everyone was the same and race no longer makes a difference....or doesn't even exist...THAT'S when the problems began.

Many children born past 1970 figured racism no longer existed, so they began to let their guard down and get rid of the "Black business" mentality and settle for jobs working for White corporations.
We saw how long that lasted.....especially with Black males.

BTW....
Ofcourse I'm not above owning up to my mistakes just like you aren't with yours.....lol.

My only demand is that when someone tells me I'm wrong they must bring PROOF (like you did in this particular case) before expecting me to change my position.

Cynique

Those events you cited above were acts of racial hostility, which youc a find in almost every nation.
It wasn't about citizenship nor did it call into question the nationality of the victims.

You know....
I'm beginning to realize that much of the problem.....I didn't say most or even half....but much of the problem with the way Black people have been treated in America today and even through out much of history actually rests with BLACK PEOPLE.

If you walk around acting like a fool, you're gonna be TREATED like a fool.
If you act like a slave, you're gonna be TREATED like a slave.
If you act like you're not a real America or like you don't belong here, then you'll be TREATED like you don't belong here.

There are Asians who've only been in the United States for ONE generation and already speak better English than many AfroAmericans, and even have well ran businesses and have accumulated more wealth.

I can say the same about a lot of East Indians and Arabs and even most Black Africans.

Sometimes when you walk around acting live a victim you INVITE victimization.

Troy and Cynique

The U.S. Constitution makes it clear that anyone born inside of the United States IS INDEED an American.
She may indeed practice a Puerto Rican culture but unless SHE HERSELF was actually born on that island then she is no more Puerto Rican than I am.

I know many people who's parents are from Jamaica, Haiti, Nigeria and other nations OUTSIDE of America but since they were born and raised here and look like me they are called BLACK.

They don't get some special priviledge to just make up a race or nationality for themselves.

Many so-called "Puerto Ricans" claim that as a race and nationality simply because they are confused about what to call themselves OR don't want to be categorized as Black or mixed raced.

J-Lo isn't a Puerto Rican....she's a Mixed Raced American

....that's written.

Oh, puleeze, Pioneer.  You may call yourself a loyal American citizen who belongs to the black race but I am  very close to calling you an Uncle Tom Apologist who thinks that racism only impacts of black people who are acting  fools. You actually think that if black people don't rock the boat and maintain a  nonthreatening demeanor things would be just fine. Can you say institutionalized racism? A dynamic that is rife with white privilege and tainted with the residue from slavery where blacks were regarded as 2/3 human. Are you actually saying that back in 1917  if 13 white soldiers were involved in a riot where blacks were among those killed that they would've been executed?   And are you saying that today only black felons are stopped while driving black? Are you claiming that black cops aren't enforces for criminal justice system that is stacked against blacks?  SMH Your idealism is fraught with naivete. Yes, blacks are their own worst enemy because they are so frustrated that they act irresponsibly and are they not united. But this does not exonerate racism; the white power structure enables it. Obama wasn't acting a fool and he was stifled and thwarted at every turn by white men, unable to deal with a black leader, - the same white men who are now besmirching his legacy and blaming him for all of the problems Trump is exacerbating -  Trump whose support base is unabashedly racist.  

And how do you know why Puerto Ricans and other ethic hispanics call themselves what they do?  You are pontificating.  IMO they take pride in their heritage and refer to it when identifying themselves, the same as European  "Americans" do.

But keep on waving that flag  that has never represented freedom and justice for all and I'll continue to have no qualms about disrespecting it..  

Cynique

I think you're totally misreading....or purposely misconstruing....what I'm saying.

I didn't say only crazy criminal negroes were victims of racism in America.
I'm saying their lack of willingness to unite, organize, and fight back INVITES victimization from racists who sense weakness and take advantage of it.

I can't totally blame our people for the mistreatment they endured in the past because they were in a truely oppressive and repressed condition with very little power to fight back and get themselves out of it.  But that's not the case today.

When I said stop playing victim I mean start STANDING UP and TAKING CHARGE of your life and your community.

Again, we have Black police officers.......why aren't they challenging the White ones or better yet organizing to patrol their own communities?

The Nation of Islam used to patrol very violent housing projects and other urban communities and actually turned them around to be relatively safe places.
So it CAN be done when you have the DESIRE to get up and do it.
But if you'd rather sit back and let White men do it and then you can't complain too much about how they treat you because beggars can't be choosers.

As far as other acts of racism so many of our people face around this nation. Many of them could be solved by us owning our own businesses and strengthening our own communities instead of begging for acceptance and assistance from those outside of the community.

For the past few weeks I've seen videos of Black women being beat up by Asian beauty supply owners. Black customers standing around looking stupid or video taping the assault instead of actually coming to the aid of the victim. Others continue to patronize the store and support them.
Again, not only playing the victim but being a willing victim.....then crying about their condition.

As far as Obama goes........

Yes he was publicly disrespected on a number of occassions but I believe politics at the White House level is a big game. Rather than having his "noble goals" thwarted by racist White men who couldn't stand having a negro-in-chief....I believe he accomplished most if not all of what he WANTED to do.

The problem is what he REALLY wanted to do differs considerably from what most people....especially Black people....THOUGHT he wanted to do and voted him in there for.

The same goes for Trump and his followers.

And how do you know why Puerto Ricans and other ethic hispanics call themselves what they do? You are pontificating. IMO they take pride in their heritage and refer to it when identifying themselves, the same as European "Americans" do.

I know why they do it because I ASK them and TALK to them instead of merely conjecturing.

And again, unless they were born in Puerto Rico or any of the other Latin American nations then their heritage IS the United States.

But when you constantly see yourself as an outsider and always play "victim" and "slave" like a lot of Black and Brown people do in the United States then ofcourse you don't see yourself as an American.   Hell, you barely see yourself as a human being.

Do you know that most of the Mexicans and thier children in the United States today wouldn't be welcomed IN Mexico?

Why not?

Because of the racism there that keeps the White and very light Mexican on top and the darker more indigenous Mexicans on the bottom and in poverty.

This is the main reason they left and came here!

And when they come they turn right around and play the victim HERE like overthere by taking on menial jobs and keeping the wages down all the while refusing to organize and develop strategies to fight the racism and economic injustices of thier beloved "home" nations.

@Pioneer1 I  think you're overlooking what i wrote.  Didn't I say that "blacks are their own worst enemy and are not united"?  In fact you pretty much recycled what I implied in attempting to  defend yourself.  But you continue to underestimate how the capitalistic racist white power structure stacks the deck against blacks.  Instead, you offer simplistic solutions for complicated problems.

Cynique

Instead, you offer simplistic solutions for complicated problems.

Well......

Atleast I OFFER solutions....lol.

You articulate the problems quite well but leave the reader with a morbid hopelessness.

After telling them how bad shit is going to get, sometimes you even taunt the poor reader by claiming atleast you won't be around to see the all hell they're going to catch in the future...lol.

"You know....
I'm beginning to realize that much of the problem.....I didn't say most or even half....but much of the problem with the way Black people have been treated in America today and even
through out much of history actually rests with BLACK PEOPLE.

If you walk around acting like a fool, you're gonna be TREATED like a fool.
If you act like a slave, you're gonna be TREATED like a slave.
If you act like you're not a real America or like you don't belong here, then you'll be TREATED like you don't belong here.

There are Asians who've only been in the United States for ONE generation and already speak better English than many AfroAmericans, and even have well ran businesses and have accumulated more wealth.

I can say the same about a lot of East Indians and Arabs and even most Black Africans.

Sometimes when you walk around acting live a victim you INVITE victimization."

And there ya have it! Not much to be said after that daily self-documenting evidence. I agree......

Well, the problem with the "being treated like a fool is the result of acting like a fool" caveat is that is does not apply across the board. The most visible, blatant example of this being President Donald J. Trump, a rich white capitalistic crook and clueless buffoon who regularly makes a fool of himself on social media and the world stage. He and the fools who elected him have been rewarded for being fools. Fools are now running the country, with their fake news and saber rattling and those who act with propriety are so intimidated by these fools that they embrace the  role of victim because that's what they are inasmuch as they have been stripped of their power. 

It's easy to come up with pat little phrases and use them to generalize. But there are always extenuating circumstances that can't be ignored. 

Black people have a built-in victimization that comes with the color of their skin.  White people  who have integrity will act in the best interest of all for the greater good.  Those who are unscrupulous and want to be  in control don't give a damn. And their numbers are legion.

A rich white capitalist crook perhaps......
But Donald Trump is no fool and most of those in power don't consider him one.

Sure he was born with a silver nipple in his mouth, but he took what his father left him and multiplied it into a conglomerate.

He may say vulgar and uncouth things from time to time because of his high powered aggressive personality but he's a shrewed business man which means he has to know atleast the basics of human psychology and how to talk to people to get what he wants.

He's no George W. Bush.....not by a long shot.

The people who run the country know EXACTLY what they're doing.
They may PRETEND that they don't and act stupid and incompetent in order to fool the masses and blind them to their real agenda, but they are far from stupid.
Katrina is a good example.
They know how to ship military equipment halfway around the world in less than a day but they PRETENDED like they didn't know the hurricane would be as devastating as it was and they pretended that they were trying thier best to get aid and personel down there when they were clearly stalling and actually TURNING BACK assistance  from places like Cuba.

They get what THEY WANT accomplished.

As far as Black victimization..................

When one thinks analytically we realize that the problems Black folks face not only come from White racism, but also themselves.

Due to the poor education and dysfunctional environment so many have been raised in, this society has simply become too complicated for a lot of Black people to function in.
So even when racism isn't directly being practiced against them, too many of our people are finding it hard to "make it" and live a productive life in the United States.

By virtue of being a crook, Donald Trump rescued himself from failing businesses by declaring bankruptcy and is probably indebted to Russia and maybe even China.   He is foolish. As president he is an uninformed wind bag, a thin-skinned narcissist  who  blames others for his mistakes, and an irresponsible liar drunk with power. His Twitter tweets are often incoherent and contain misspellings. He gets over ,not because he is shrewd but because he is a sign of the whimsical times  when flukes  flourish and everything is haywire. Nobody was more surprised than him when he won, - by virtue of being at the right place at the right time and the beneficiary of the peculiar electoral college.  ( His Press Secretary is pathetic as are his Secretaries of Education, and of Housing and Urban development, just to name a few.) He is humored by others around him who perceive that Republicans are "on a roll", - again because of the dynamics  that have capriciously been brought into play because the world has become skewed, the tide has turned and some would even attribute this discombobulation  to the configuration of the stars.  Whatever.    

And I didn't say Corporate America  or the Government who was in power during the Hurricane Katrina or the Flint, Michigan disasters were fools. Callous, yes, but not fools. 

Black people may be responsible in part for their own problems but let's just say that, from the very beginning in America, they got off on the wrong foot. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest someone with a brain
On 4/12/2017 at 4:23 AM, Pioneer1 said:

its much more coplicated than this.

On 4/12/2017 at 4:23 AM, Pioneer1 said:

RACE....ETHNICITY....NATIONALITY....what's the difference?

The entire RACE/ETHNICITY concept really isn't that complicated.

The problem is people have been so miseducated about race, ethnicity, and nationality not only in the United States but around the world that it's hard for them to abandon the false concepts and ideas told to them by their teachers, parents, and other authority figures and decide to think for themselves so they hold on to falsehood and this leads to increased confusion.

Well I decided to think for myself and do my OWN classifying based on my own observations and reasoning and this is what I came up with.

It's not very scientific, but I consider it quite logical and straight forward.

Race

This classifies people based on their physical characteristics as well as their distant ancestral origins.
It's genetic and is based on how they LOOK.

There are 5 distinct races:

African: Also called "Black". The native peoples originally from the continent of Africa with dark skin and/or kinky hair but doesn't include the very light skinned Arabs and Berbers of Northern Africa.

Dravidian: Also called "Indian". The dark skinned people originally from southern India but doesn't include the White or light skinned descendants of the Aryans who primarily live in the north.

Caucasians: Usually called White.  Not just Europeans but many Arabs and Latinos  are also Caucasian racially speaking

Mongol: Usually called "Asian" or "East Asian". The yellow skinned people occupying most of Eastern Asia like the Chinese, Koreans, Thai, ect....

Native American: Also called "Indian".  The brown skinned original inhabitants of the Western Hemisphere, many of whom are called "Latinos" today.
In truth this DOES NOT include many White people with long hair who CALL themselves "Native American" based on small percentages of Native Ancestry.

Everyone on this planet belongs to either ONE or those races or is a mixture/combination of those race to various degrees.

Ethnicity

This is the most complex classification system.
It's not necessarily based on how someone looks....although people of the same ethnic group usually DO look similar to eachother.

Ethnicity is primarily based on CULTURE.
People living in the same region, sharing the same language, sharing the same religion, eating the same types of food, ect......

There are too many ethnic groups to mention.

Arabs: The original Arabs were Caucasian but as they went around the region conquering people and intermixing they included a lot of Dravidians and Africans in their population so

Latinos: Like Arabs, the original Latinos were White Spaniard but after intermingling with the Africans and Native Americans they are of different colors.

AfroAmerican: People of AFrican descent in the United States.
We aren't one single race but are an ethnic group made up PRIMARILY of the African race (hense the name Afro) but have heavy concentrations of Caucasian and Native American in us.
Some of our people are actually MORE Caucasian than African, but because ethnic groups aren't soley based on race....they are still in our group even though they are actually Caucasian.

Jewish: Jewish isn't just a religion, it's also an ethic group.
There are Jews who don't even believe in Judaism but they come from a culture of Judaism.
Most Jews are Caucasian but there are many Black Jews and converts of other races.

Nationality

Nationality is relatively simple........
Whatever NATION you are born in, that's your nationality.
IF you were born in Mexico...you're Mexican.
If you were born in Nigeria....you're Nigerian.
If you were born in Russia.....you're Russian.

It doesn't matter what color you are, your religion, your race, your gender, ect....
If you were born in that NATION...then that's your NATIONALITY.

There are too many nationalities to mention all of them.
American
Russian
Chinese
Nigerian
Brazilian

No one can be "half Chinese and half Filipino".....they are Mongolian or "East Asian" by race.

When you meet a White man from America who says he's "Italian" or "Irish Catholic"....recognize that he's confused as hell.
You're only Irish or Italian if you were born in Ireland or Italy.

If someone says Jennifer Lopez is a Puerto Rican, THEY don't know what they're talking about.

She's not Puerto Rican, she's American because she was born in the United States.
But she IS Latina because she is of that particular ethnic group.

On 6/19/2021 at 9:13 AM, Guest someone with a brain said:

Most Jews are Caucasian

I doubt this is factually accurate. Most of the Jews in Israel are not “Caucasian.”

Like Lin Manuel Maranda’s view of Washington Heights, the media portrays many places as more white than they really are. You would think no Black people lived in Brazil, Cuba, or Israel based upon the white run media.

Troy

I doubt this is factually accurate. Most of the Jews in Israel are not “Caucasian.”

Where did you find his quote at?
All I saw was him quoting my posts...lol.

But I actually agree with him that most of the Jews in Israel probably are Caucasian racially speaking.
I haven't been to Israel but most of them either migrated from Europe and the U.S. or descended from those who migrated from Europe and the U.S.  
There are a lot of African and Middle Eastern Jews in Israel but I don't think they make up the majority.

Like Lin Manuel Maranda’s view of Washington Heights, the media portrays many places as more white than they really are. You would think no Black people lived in Brazil, Cuba, or Israel based upon the white run media.

I've been through Washington Heights before and it's pretty much a BLACK neighborhood.
Black Latinos...mostly from the DR and PR.

That damn false ass movie wasn't an accident.  He PURPOSELY mis-portrayed the residents of that neighborhood and people called him out on it.
I heard he didn't even use real Dominicans as actors but used mostly Puerto Ricans.