Cynique you are

....an American!

:) A bonafied, real life, flesh-n-blood, U.S. Citizen.

For the U.S. Constitution tells you so:

1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States

-Amendment 14

http://constitutionus.com/

I never said i wasn't an american.  This is what i posted: "The hypocritical united states of amerika is the best of the worst, but unlike you, i will never be one to sing its praises.  i was born here but i don't have a patriotic bone in my body and Donald Trump is not my president."  

• Like 1

Whether i am or am not a citizen is of little importance to me.   i am a resident of amerika and an observer of what it has become and how its present state has come about.   I am a truth seeker and the truth is what i pay homage to. And the truth of this is that my truth may not be someone else's truth. But that's life.

• Like 2

Cynique

Lol, do you LOVE your country?

Delano

Citizens don't have to fight for civil rights.

Sure they do.
Just because you're a citizens doesn't automatically mean you'll receive or keep your rights.

Prisoners and ex-convicts are U.S. citizens.
But in most states they don't have the right to vote or own a gun.

Cynique

Pioneer1 NO, I DON'T LOVE THIS COUNTRY. AND DON'T THINK I EVER HAVE. IT'S THE LAND OF BIGOTRY AND BULLSHIT. ANYMORE QUESTIONS

Pioneer is an American.

Do you love him?

What about Troy, Delano, Mel, even yourself???

We're ALL Americans up in here.

:(You mean you don't have ANY bit of love in your heart for us?

Cynique

Why do you keep asking these silly questions? My distaste for this country has nothing to do with my fondness for my friends. i am able to separate the person from the place, even if you apparently cannot.

But your friends and family MAKE UP America.

How can you declare your distaste and dislike for a nation that is made up of countless numbers of your friends and family members that you like and love?

You said you never loved this country because it was full of bigotry and bullshit.

Even with your friends and family near the bottom and Barack and Michelle Obama near the top you ignore all of them in your rage.....I guess they aren't part of this "America" you don't like, lol.

Why not pinpoint your anger and and focus your dissatisfaction on those who are actually causing the problem instead of painting ALL of America (and all Americans) with the same broad brush?

@Pioneer1 To me, America is a country, not a person!  It is a nation founded by men who set standards they hoped would be observed and practiced - and this included designating slaves as 3/5ths of a human.  Unfortunately, this land, which was stolen from its native aborigines, has never lived up to being a place where its ideas and promises of "liberty and justice for all" exists.

From the beginning, immigrants and minorities were met with scorn.  Yes, second generation immigrants were able to pursue and realize the American dream which included they, themselves, gaining the opportunity  to  practice discrimination,  all of this occurring in an environment rife with white privilege and institutionalized racism.

To this day, blacks are struggling to transcend the residue of slavery, which is still practiced in its more subtle forms. Immigrants no longer feel welcome in what has been erroneously referred to as the great melting pot.  Instead of this country being the home of democracy, it is becoming a haven for oligarchy where the one per-center "haves" oppress the "have-nots", all at the expense of the put-upon middle-class. Its capitalistic zeitgeist thrives on the military industrial complex and corporate monopolies that pollute the economy.

America has no distinct national character and is presently under the rule of an administration that represents the worst of the worst when it come to its citizens. Where is it written that i can't love my friends while hating where they live? 

i reiterate my sentiments of this nation being the best of the worst which amounts to it being a land of bigots and bull shit.  

Cynique

To me, America is a country, not a person! It is a nation founded by men who

You might as well STOP right there.......

First you said that America is a COUNTRY and not a person, but then you go on to contradict yourself in the very next sentence by describing how it was founded by PEOPLE!

This cognitive dissonant way of thinking is at the heart of your problem.
You can't seem to separate America as a whole from SOME of it's negative elements.

The same nation that enslaved Blacks and oppressed women is also the SAME nation that fought a war to end chattel race-based slavery and lift up it's Black citizens to be among the world's wealthiest and most educated.

It's also been at the forefront of women's rights.

All within a span of 200 years this nation has liberated the world's historically oppressed groups and elevated their social and economic status considerably while much older nations are stilled mired in millenia old traditions of slavery, racism, homophobia, and sexism.

Where is it written that i can't love my friends while hating where they live?

Because:

1. YOU live in the same place your friends live
2. YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS are in part responsible for the conditions in that place

That's like you laying on the couch in dirty sweat pants with a half eaten bag of nachos in your lap pointing your finger at your roomates talking about:

"Yall'z place is sho' is filthy!"
((crunch crunch))
"Look at all these roaches and shit crawling around."

((crunch smack crunch crunch))

@Pioneer1Cognitive dissonance, indeed. (the latest psycho babbo circulating around the internet. Frantz Fanon would be proud, i guess) but i don't agree  with your usual blather that consists of the world according you, much of which is not based on fact or figures but a carefully duped-out scenario that you become fixated on. What is your source for what you have decided is true??? I obviously don't find your contention any more valid than mine.

America is a country with a location on a map in an atlas or on a globe. It is also known as the United States of America. The people  born in this country  are Americans.  They are a plural noun, as in people, place, or thing, they being  people.  America  is a proper noun as in people, place, or thing, it being a place.  Going to war is a policy.  Those who participate in a  war are people fighting under the flag of the place where they may or  may not have been  born.  Getting rich and pulling yourself up by your bootstraps is an old adage that has no nationality.  Being a victim of racism is what happens to black people living within the territorial parameters of a place where racism exists,-  a place named America..

I know you may get a lump in your throat, and feel an urge to put your hand over your heart when the flag goes by or somebody is singing the national anthem off-key but I, who am an American by virtue of being born in the country of America, do not like the geographical location that has the name America and is the home of a bunch of bigots and bull shit. i like my friends for their personalities, and  their being Americans has nothing to do with it.  

On 6/9/2017 at 11:43 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Del

The concept of self definition is lost on you, Pioneer

You should learn the difference between "self definition" and "delusion".

One is based on logic and reason, the other isn't.

@Pioneer1 What do you think I am saying. Since your response doesn't match my statement.