Who can you trust, If you can't trust NASA

@Troy @Mel Hopkins @Cynique @Pioneer1

Apparently you can't trust NASA to provide accurate data since 1980. Interesting how 1980 seems to be an important year. For Climate change . All projections are based on 1986 - 2005. So all of Climate Change is based on 30 years of data.

But perhaps Forbes Magazine is more convincing

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2011/07/19/nasas-inconvenient-ruse-the-goddard-institute-for-space-studies/#b03521969632

In a Jan. 29, 2006, New York Times interview Hansen charged that NASA public relations people had pressured him to allow them to review future public lectures, papers and postings on the GISS website. Yet in January 15, 2009 testimony before the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works-Minority Committee, his former boss John S. Theon, retired chief of NASA's Climate Processes Research Program, took issue with the interference charge, stating: "Hansen was never muzzled even though he violated official agency position on climate forecasting (i.e., we did not know enough to forecast climate change or mankind's effect on it). Hansen has embarrassed NASA by coming out with his claim of global warming in 1988 in his testimony before Congress."

Hey Troy do you think this guy may know what he is talking about.

Dr. Theon also testified that: "My own belief concerning anthropogenic [man-made] climate change is that models do not realistically simulate the climate system because there are many very important sub-grid scale processes that the models either replicate poorly or completely omit".  He observed: "Furthermore, some scientists have manipulated the observed data to justify their model results. In doing so, they neither explain what they have modeled in the observations, nor explain how they did it…this is contrary to the way science should be done." He then went on to say "Thus, there is no rational justification for using climate model forecasts to determine public policy".

Who can you trust?

Well..............
We can start with trusting what few Black scientists we already have to relate to us what little facts they are allowed to know and talk about.

But we can't trust most of them completely because most Black scientists are really students of White scientists and a White/Western scientific method.

Ultimately, we need to encourage more Black youth to BECOME qualified scientists so that we can discover and relate knowledge that BENEFITS US as a people.

The greater scientific body is primarily White...Western....European.
Out of the billions of people on this planet, doesn't anyone else find it a little odd that so much of the scientific knowledge the world has been exposed to is generated by a relatively few who nearly all come from the same race?

Everytime you turn around a White American scientist has come it with this.
A German scientist comes up with that.
A Russia comes up with this.
Every now and then a Japanese scientist comes up with that.

Where are the African and Native America (pure blooded) scientists?
What are THEY discovering?
Where are they doing THEIR research?

These are questions a FREE people with common sense will ask.

@Pioneer1 Is there a community of black scientists out there doing research that we don't know about? Are you saying that if this isn't the case, there should be such a group?  Do you believe that the scientific findings of black scientists would be different from that of scientists of other nationalities?This may be true when it comes to the Humanities but Science is Science. There is no such thing as black physics, black chemistry, black mathematics, black astronomy, black geology.   BTW, the medical community now takes ethnicity into consideration when it comes to its research. 

Cynique

Pioneer1 Is there a community of black scientists out there doing research that we don't know about?

I don't know.
I don't know of any for sure, perhaps they're hiding.

Are you saying that if this isn't the case, there should be such a group?

I absolutely am.
We should have BEEN formed some sort of world wide scientific organization for Black people or people of African descent to help work on diseases like AIDS and problems of poverty, drought, mental health, and other problems that afflict the Black race that White sciences seems to be unable or unwilling to aleviate.

Do you believe that the scientific findings of black scientists would be different from that of scientists of other nationalities?

I KNOW they would.
I've heard of 2 or 3 Black scientist who found the cure for AIDS or HIV but they didn't get any recognition from the greater White scientific community.

And look at the brother from Nigeria they did a movie on who discovered CTE brain injury among NFL players.

I believe his name is Bennet Ifeakandu Omalu.
Will Smith played him in a movie recently.

All of these years of players suffering and White scientists and doctors examining them but couldn't seem to make a connection or discover the problem, and here a Black doctor from Nigeria finds out what's happening.

No, this isn't a coincidence....we need BLACK doctors and scientists to help us solve our problems.

But this isn't the case just in the scientific arena.....we should extend this concept in all fields.

There are Black teachers who KNOW how to properly and effectively teach Black children...but as long as they learn to teach under the White system and rely on White methods...continue to expect Black kids to fail in larger numbers.

There is no such thing as black physics, black chemistry, black mathematics, black astronomy, black geology.

If you can go back in time, tell that to the Black ancient Egyptians who build large cities and monuments that have lasted until this day WITHOUT the aid of Western science and engineering.

Or tell it to the ancient Maya and Inca who build roads, bridges, and huge cities WITHOUT the "White science" of Europeans.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

BTW, the medical community now takes ethnicity into consideration when it comes to its research.

Now???? LOL
They ALWAYS KNEW there was a difference between Black and White genetics.

Hell, HITLER and his Nazi scientists knew there were differences between even various White ethic groups 80 and 90 years ago....and you mean to tell me these doctors and scientists in America are just now catching up?????

Study the history of eugenics in America.....they've known for years that Black people often need different medicine than White people.
And Native Americans need different medicine too.

Delano

Our body of knowledge would be broader. If there were less institutional barriers in society in general and education specifically.

Well.....
It's ABOUT TIME you finally said something I agreed with.....lol.

@Pioneer1 Come on. Science is intrinsic. it has no color; maybe its motivation does.  A black scientist might be motivated to diligently and exclusively focus his scientific research on a specific disease or tendency that is relevant to his race.The "miracle workers"  you cite are not doctors practicing black medicine.  They are black doctors practicing medicine and, as in all professions, there are brilliant practitioners among them. A  white scientist developed the best treatment for sickle cell anemia because he made it his project.

Race is always a factor in research and statistics about disease but the methods applied to reach these conclusions are scientific ones.  The  science that the Greeks stole from the Egyptians and took credit for didn't change; just the history of who originated it did.

Purveyors of folk medicine and natural cures come in all races. The Nazis experimented on the Jews to discern scientific data not jewish data, the same  as black people were used as Guinea pigs to learn about human diseases not black ones. Eugenics were more about social injustice than scientific differentiation.  

Black teachers teach standard  education and, if they are good teachers, they filter it through the black experience.  But what they teach is basic.  Reading is fundamental and  1+1 will always equal 2.   

You and i will always disagree because you  are partial to anecdotal evidence being proof of your generalizations. If you are saying that there should be a field of black doctors exclusively available to concentrate on and treat black diseases, then OK. What i am saying is that this isn't about science, it's about specialization.

• Like 1

Del

Try searching for African American Scientist and Mathematicians. I am sure there are associations

They probably exist, but they are still students of a science and mathematics that is taught by White academia.
It's not their "own" science they are congregating to discuss.

Cynique

No, KNOWLEDGE and FACTS have no color to them.  But science or the type of science that is practiced among various groups is heavily influenced by the culture it sprang from.

If not....why is so much of the medicine and science practiced in the United States written and spoken in LATIN and GREEK??

Most of the Black scientists who make great discoveries are Black scientists who:

a. Never went to White universities and decided to just go into nature and experiment on their own to arrive at their OWN conclusions and facts.
These are your George Washington Carver types.

Or

b. Black scientist who DID go to White universities and learn but decided to go rogue and study things outside of the way they were instructed and STUMBLED upon truths that were either not taught or "hidden" from them.

Purveyors of folk medicine and natural cures come in all races. The Nazis experimented on the Jews to discern scientific data not jewish data, the same as black people were used as Guinea pigs to learn about human diseases not black ones.
Eugenics were more about social injustice than scientific differentiation.

Well just look at the word EU-GENICS.

Most people who study it will claim it means promoting "good" genes.
But if you look at the word, it begins with "eu" because it's really about promoting EU-ROPEAN genes.

Black teachers teach standard education and, if they are good teachers, they filter it through the black experience. But what they teach is basic. Reading is fundamental and 1+1 will always equal 2.

I understand what you're saying, but GENERALLY speaking...........
Black children tend to learn differently than White children; especially the boys.
Black boys tend to have more energy and be more active and have a shorter attention span so classes that force them to sit still all day long and LISTEN to a teacher talk bores them.

Another issue is the co-ed education that is common in the United States.
Again, most White and Asian boys can sit in with a class room full of girls and focus on learning.
Most Black boys CAN'T and WON'T.

Not trying to "push Farrakhan down your throat" but the Nation of Islam recognized this about the Black man early on even back in the 1930s.
They teach that the "nature" of Black men is different than that of White men and because of this difference we LEARN things differently.

So when you go to on of their temples you'll see the women sitting on one side and the men on the other side, so that neither is distracted.
In their schools (they have one in Detroit and I believe on in Chicago) the boys and girls are separated....and from what I've heard the boys in Nation of Islams schools have EXCELLENT GRADES!!

Facts and figures may be the same, but the DELIVERY of those fact and figures makes the difference between success and failure.

If you are saying that there should be a field of black doctors exclusively available to concentrate on and treat black diseases, then OK.

Then OK.
That's SOME of what I'm saying....lol.

Black people do EXTREMELY well when they stop using White methods and discover their OWN way of doing things for their people.
This is the case whether it's in medicine, business, law, entertainment, education, ect......

Look at rap music and how successful it is today.
Look at Jazz, R&B, and other forms of Black music and how successful there are.
Look at Motown, or Bad Boy Entertainment.

Black folks decided to duck out of White music and develop our OWN style and now the entire world is rocking to it.
Imagine if we'd take that approach to engineering, medicine, ect....

Cynique

I can't believe some of the questions you pose and the statements you make, all taken from Pioneer's Encyclopedia of homespun "facts". But, spout on. Whatever floats your boat.

Wow....what a profound response!

You must have been SAVING that for months looking for the perfect opportunity to drop it.......lol.

The same mindset that has blinded you to recognizing the subtle yet present racism of the Time magazine photo of Viola Davis is the same mindset the prevents you from understand how race and science are interwined and used....often negatively....for political and social purposes.

You can say what you want about my "facts" and my methods for arriving at them......

Atleast I think for MYSELF and come to my own conclusions based on what I've experience and personally observed.....as opposed to worshipping White men in white coats with glasses and letting THEM tell me what and how to think.

Again, Black people would fair FAR better off if they'd just start thinking for themselves and developing their own science and scientific methods instead of relying on White people to hand down everything to them.

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

The same mindset that has blinded you to recognizing the subtle yet present racism of the Time magazine photo of Viola Davis is the same mindset the prevents you from understand how race and science are interwined and used....often negatively....for political and social purpos

Just because you say the picture that Viola Davis, in fact, voluntarily posed for and subsequently approved of,  apparently  not having a problem with the art concept  of the free lance photographer hired by TIME to photograph her, doesn't mean that it is an example of subtle racism; that's your skewed paranoid mind-set at work.  

And just because i don't agree with your examples of the negative use of race in politics and social issues doesn't mean that i don't think that this doesn't occur. This isn't a new idea originated by you.   It's that i do indeed, have a different mindset from yours because i am not naive enough to think that the institutionalized racism in this country will be dissolved by sitting in Starbucks dreaming up ways to show how different blacks are from whites. What you and Farrakhan need to do is go somewhere and build your own nation, because this jive-assed country that you honor and revere and yearn to be loved by will never relinquish its white entitlement, and the hybrid "race" of 40 million people of color that you attempt to  establish a criteria and agenda for and put into a neat little box  will not be whipped in line by your pie-in-the-sky-ideas.  

• Like 1

Cynique

i am not naive enough to think that the institutionalized racism in this country will be dissolved by sitting in Starbucks dreaming up ways to show how different blacks are from whites.

......see, that's why I don't put my picture and other personal information online.

The ONLY thing you know about my personal life is that I frequent Starbucks, and boy are you bringing it up every chance you get...lol.

Now just IMAGING if you knew what I did for a living, where I lived, or what type of car I drived.
All of that would be subject for critique or possibly "weaponized" to be used at some time in the future.

What you and Farrakhan need to do is go somewhere and build your own nation, because this jive-assed country that you honor and revere and yearn to be loved by will never relinquish its white entitlement, and the hybrid "race" of 40 million people of color that you attempt to establish a criteria for and put into a neat little box will not be whipped in line by your pie-in-the-sky-ideas.

I tell you what.
How about me and Minister Farrakhan start our own nation together while YOU and Delano team up and start YOUR own nation -call it "Delaniqua".

....and we'll see who'll be ruling who in a few years, lol.

Maybe you two have a hotline to the same NASA that you have so much faith in to help feed you.

@Pioneer1 i'm impartial when it comes to whether or not  global warming is a real threat.  i don't have an opinion one way or another, so where do you get the false idea that i have a hotline to NASA? All i said on the subject was that time brings change and that Earth's climate goes in cycles, and that  i was more concerned about more pressing issues.  

Next time i respond to one of your theories, i'll cast you in a scenario where after leaving a strip joint, while riding in your Lexus on your way to an executive meeting,  you got a "bright" idea. :o

• Like 1

Pioneer how many languages can you speak or understand. 

Pioneer not everything is binary.

For instance Dr King didn't want to lead nor did Ghandi. Just because someone has no desire to lead doesn't mean they can't be leaders.

Pioneer not everything is binary.

For instance Dr King didn't want to lead nor did Ghandi. Just because someone has no desire to lead doesn't mean they can't be leaders.

• Like 1