Super Powers

I don't need to wish for superpowers because I already possess what some call superpowers. They really aren't superpowers more like "unacknowledged or undeveloped abilities" ...Having said that can feel and read energy  (vibrations) so I'm an empath.  I help people listen to themselves so I  am clairaudient (that one gets me in trouble because I hear people before they say it" ...

Now here's one I will call a superpower (but it probably isn't either, but is to me) I would like to  transform my energy into the highest level of LOVE in an effort to move through dimensions. 

• Like 2

I'm sure I would spend less than 1 microsecond concerning myself with the affairs of humanity were I their creator and omnipotent. I would think no more of them than I would a discarded toe nail clipping.

I'd be doing things I can not conceive of because my puny brain is too limited--maybe I'd be birthing other universes...

• Like 2

i find it strange that i have to ponder this. Hummmmmmm. If i could know everything and control everything, life for me would be predictable and boring and offer no challenges.  

i can't think of an absolute power that i would want absolutely.  If i could be a magnet for prosperity, i would, perhaps, want to be that because i could have the money to acquire all the material things i wanted in order to live in luxury and comfort and i could also afford to help others. Then i could just leisurely sit back and observe life in all of its ironic peculiarities.   

• Like 2

Del with omnipotence I could give myself immortality ;)

But immortality could be torture. After a few thousand years I'm sure I get tired of these bald apes running around here killing each other.  It would be like watching the same bad move over and over again.  It would be hell.

If I were omnipotent the first thing I would do would be to travel the universe.  I'd stop by Earth every one and a while to see how long it takes these greedy little monkeys to make the planet completely uninhabitable for human life.

Maybe I'd do some genetic engineering and give Sapiens a few Bonobo genes and watch humanity evolve to a planet of peace, love and sex. 

Maybe being omnipotent is external. Like you can effect the outside world but not the internal one.

If you are omniscient you wouldn't need to go anywhere and see stuff, you would know it.

Which like I said earlier could be frustrating.

Being omnipotent, I could always kill myself an option immortality lacks.  

Knowing about something and and doing it are completely different. Would you rather know about making love or actually engage in the act?

5 hours ago, Del said:

Would you rather make love the same way forever or have it be different every time for one lifetime.

Is this possible to make love any other way?   do you mean sexual intercourse using different holes -mouth, anus, vagina?  Or meaning a variety of people i.e. menage a trois?  BDSM ?  same-sex? 

If you are referring to sexual intercourse - do you mean same wo/man in both situations or different man for the first and same man for the latter or combination for both...

If you're referring to opposite sex - sexual intercourse .. then    Same/different man fabulous sex but the same every time is a yes for my lifetime.

I've once had sex with a man and our first time it was freakin' amazing. I mean, so mind-blowing I had to write a  blog post about how good we were together...  and then the next few times it was different but never measured up to our first time together. 

A lifetime can be too long to have  "different " sexual intercourse that makes me want to punch someone in the face

• Like 1

I would venture to say that when it comes to a man, sex can be  fulfilling with any woman under any circumstances because he's going get his "cookies" no matter what.  No one can force him into sex and when an opportunity presents itself, he can take it or leave it and he presumably wouldn't take it if he found a woman repulsive. 

With a woman, finding a man with whom you are sexually compatible ain't that easy.  If you're lucky enough to find someone with whom  you share a mutual attraction and who is the complete package, - well-endowed, good skills and staying power, affectionate and romantic, and who appeals to you above and beyond his bedroom skills,  then who needs the alternative of auditioning an ongoing parade of men to prove that "variety" rather than "fulfillment" is the spice of life?

And, yes, my personal preference would be the same way every time, face-to-face positions with no doggie-style or anal penetration. If marriage/commitment  is not your goal then I'd say that friends with benefits and maintenance sex is the way to go if you find a good "bootie-call" partner. 

Recreational sex with multiple persons is not my cup of tea. I'd rather have an intellectual orgy in the company of smart, interesting, personable people.  

I admit to being rather conservative and if i were a young woman out there in the singles scene in the year 2017, my  thinking might be different. 

• Like 1

@Mel Hopkins

Ddddamn!

4 hours ago, Troy said:

It seems the first time with someone is always the worst of the best, or close to it....

That hasn't been my experience. 

@Cynique

In Australia women who lay there like they are posing are called starfish. Men here complain about it.

When i was single i hadto be attracted to the woman. There have beem situations where i said enough and put the brakes on the proceedings. 

I had two women cheat on me although I was ticking all of those boxes. 

5 hours ago, Troy said:

It seems the first time with someone is always the worst of the best, or close to it....

Oh my... Sorry to read that... LOL

5 hours ago, Cynique said:

and who appeals to you above and beyond his bedroom skills,  

Excellent perspective, because sex is definitely a head game... I can say, I've never had sex with an ignorant man in my life... If you "stupid" that's a huge-a turn off for me.    We can't even be friends let alone engage in sex.  

28 minutes ago, Delano said:

@Mel Hopkins

Ddddamn!

It's frustrating to have awful sex.. a huge let down... so wanting to punch someone in the face is for wasting my time... :D

• Like 2

@Del What i'm saying is that none of your mentioned complaints about women are going to prevent a man from  having an orgasm if he so chooses because all he needs is a receptacle to do this. With a woman, it's different. She's lucky if she can climax with just any man and doesn't have to keep looking for one who can get the job done for her    

Funny when I wrote different every time, different partners never occurred to me.  I was thinking different way with the same partner.

When I wrote it seems like the first time is usually the worst or best, I'm not taking from personal experience just the stories I recall hearing from other people like Mel's story.  I often hear women related their own deflowering experience as a relatively bad one. 

I heard there was a time when virginity was prized by women. @Cynique, can you speak to that?  

I divulge my deepest desires ONLY to those who can actually grant them.

Troy

maybe I'd be birthing other universes...

Oh
So THAT'S your solution to climate change......lol.

I heard there was a time when virginity was prized by women

Did you mean prized BY women or prized IN women?

Because I don't know too many women who seek virgin/unexperienced men for partners, even among youth.

Del

What Dad isn't sadden by the failure of his kid.

?
A dad who found his son immediately after a failed suicide attempt?

40 minutes ago, Troy said:

I often hear women related their own deflowering experience as a relatively bad one. 

@Troy  I wasn't talking about my very first time having sex...

and were you talking about other women's experience 

Here ? 

7 hours ago, Troy said:

It seems the first time with someone is always the worst of the best, or close to it...

I was referring to the the first time with that particular man... not  my very first time having sex... although that was ok  - but dude was more into himself  vertical, so I imagine it wasn't going to ever get any better and it didn't...     

Did you really write "deflower"  pwuahahaha... :D

@Troy Actually, i can't speak to whether or not virginity was prized by black guys back in the 1950s.  Maybe they wanted to marry virgins but the girls who were puttin out got the guys, who sometimes did marry them.  I or any of my friends never wanted to marry a male virgin, the assumption being he wouldn't know what he was doing and we wanted someone who did know what they were doing.

When i lived in a college dorm, a group of us black girls had a virgin club, where we would discuss what we knew or had heard about sex.  i was totally miffed by the end of the year when it turned out that everyone but me had been lying about being a virgin.  That's when i found out women aren't always truthful about their sex lives.  I was the  only one who wasn't in on the joke and they were just humoring little "small town girl me".  

I am reluctant to discuss my sex life  but i will say that when my fiance found out i was a virgin, he slapped his forehead and "oooh,no"!

i was too much of a free spirit to think i should go through life having been with just one man - and i didn't.  i will further say that drinking alcohol emboldens you and increases the desire but  it also dulls your nerve endings.

There was one guy on my job who i really was attracted to because he just respired with sexuality and he was "fione" and smart to boot.  He was  working his way through college and before he left after being a co-worker for about 6 months, he told me that it he refrained from seducing me because he didn't think i could handle him. i just sighed and wished him well.   

• Like 1

Whether or not a woman was a virgin really wasn't a big deal for me.
Infact, if I had to nail down a choice I would choose the one who wasn't a virgin.

Blood is a turn off whether it's from a virgin or menstration.

I've had 2 virgins....one of who didn't even know she WAS a virgin!
She thought oral sex was real sex and found out the "hard" way (pun intended) that she wasn't...lol.

I just don't want a woman who's had a LOT of sexual partners.
5 is the limit.
If I find out you've been shafted by more than 5 different men, we could still be friends and talk....but that's it.

If you're 60, I may be a little more forgiving.
But if you're 30 and had 20 different boyfriends....have mercy.

23 minutes ago, Cynique said:

i was totally miffed by the end of the year when it turned out that everyone but me had been lying about being a virgin.  That's when i found out women aren't always truthful about their sex lives.

My college group of friends were really open about their sex lives that's how I knew  I was the last one in my group  to have sex .  And it still baffles that one of my friends  came forward in 2015 to say Bill Cosby assaulted her... We really didn't keep secrets like that because sex wasn't taboo ...there was no "good/bad" girl blah blah - but I guess assault was the taboo topic - 

Also in my generation practically no one cared if their future husband or wife for that matter was going to be the first. Shoot, the best  any of us could hope for is if we didn't have sex with each other's future husband/wife ... (Edit)

Edited by Mel Hopkins
word usage
  • Like 2

Pioneer I was was talking about virginity (before marriage) being prized by women as a desirable characteristic for themselves.  I heard Emma Fraser say that in a YouTube video recently.

I was not referring to a woman's very first time specifically, I was talking about a person's first time with anyone else.  Of course a woman's very first time encounter will be the first time with that specific cat (or kitten).

While I concede my statements may not have been precise enough to have been crystal clear, it is interesting to see what folks bring on their own, and how a question about super powers leads to one on fornication  :wub:

• Like 2

@Pioneer1 the failure is in or with life. So the sadness is the failure of either rhe father to see the son's plight. Ir the son being overwhelmed by life. Neither is a success. Suicide ir the attempt  is the end result of resignation. 

@Troy you can neither be omniscient nor omnipotent if yiu are capable of killing yourself through boredom. You can see that is true for either state. You may not follow my logic ir argument  though. 

6 hours ago, Troy said:

it is interesting to see what folks bring on their own, and how a question about super powers leads to one on fornication  :wub:

LOL! I'm still trying to figure out how that happened too! #giggles ...

and @Troy , I'd swear you were 125 years old,  if I didn't know you... "Fornication/Deflowering"?  You are cracking me up over here!

• Like 2

Troy

It's not that hard to figure out.
Sex is the portal through which human life is usually brought into existence and it's one of the things the tend to pre-occupy the minds of most people either consciously or subconsciously.

Like they say, everything a man (and most women) does is somehow tied to getting more sex.

You go to school....to get a good job....so you can attract more women for sex.
You buy a nice car....so you can attract more women for sex.
You go to church.....hoping to find a wife.....to have sex.
You vote for Obama....hoping he'll make your life better....so you can have more sex.
So it should be of little suprise that when you acquire SUPER POWERS....you'd use those powers to attract more women for sex, and then impress them with your super skills in bed, lol.

Del

the failure is in or with life. So the sadness is the failure of either rhe father to see the son's plight. Ir the son being overwhelmed by life. Neither is a success. Suicide ir the attempt is the end result of resignation.

Sure after a certain amount of time passes, perhaps an hour or two...perhaps a few days.. the father would be sad at the fact that his son would attempt to take his own life.
But in the moment upon immediately discovering or witnessing what his son tried to do and his failure at it, the father would be elated that the son is STILL ALIVE after that failed attempt.

A father comes how from work and finds a suicide note on the table from his son who says that he has decided to hand himself upstairs in his room. 
((probably because he wasn't having sex))
The father rushes upstairs in a panic looking for his son.
At this point, he hope his son ISN'T successful.
He hope his son HASN'T hurt himself or that he can catch him in time.
He hopes that his son has FAILED.

So when he kicks the door in and finds his son laying on the floor of his room crumpled up in a heap with a noosed sheet around his neck crying and coughing instead of swinging from the ceiling dead, in that very moment and probably for atleast a few hours afterwards pops is happy as hell at his son's failure!

An answer to your question, what dad ISN'T saddened by the failure of his own kid....lol.

• Like 1

Troy i am not certain what you are trying to say.  Some words appear to be missing. 

Using your definition it may be logical, however I believe it is faulty. But hey its your super power. Logic isn't really that important on this setting.