Book Review Request- Rules of Engagement: Mending Citizen/Police Interactions

The Justice Academy What You Should Know was a short easy to understand book about the American Criminal Justice System. It was written in a simplistic format to encourage citizens to learn more about police officers and the American Criminal Justice System. 

Coming in August...The latest book by B.L. Brown Rules of Engagement: Mending Citizen/Police Interactions This book is a game changer in police/citizen interactions! This book informs the public about what the police do, what they should be doing, how to avoid interactions with the police and what to do if those interactions are less than positive. It talks about case law that guides officers in the performance of their duties and why they rarely get prosecuted. It is the public's training guide to interacting with police. This book is a great guide for parents having "The Talk" with their children about citizen/police interactions. Get the book on Amazon in August and join me at the Decatur, GA Book Festival September 1-3, where the book will be featured in the emerging author tent.

To learn more about the author and her books visit thejusticeacademywhatyoushouldknow.com

59852181e7b75_RulesofEngagement.jpg.d761880c39bbb14509ba09b0ee80eb3c.jpg

• Like 1

• B.L. Brown changed the title to Book Review Request:
  • 3 weeks later...

NOW AVAILABLE FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS EXCLUSIVELY AT CREATESPACE AN AFFILIATE OF AMAZON

Please copy and paste the link to purchase. https://www.createspace.com/7293518

For the past few years there has been an abundance of highly publicized negative citizen/police interactions. Police Officers are required to attend training to help them interact positively with the public; however, there is no training to assist the public in interacting with the police. Rules of Engagement: Mending Citizen/Police Interactions is a game changer. This book informs the public about what the police do, what they should be doing, how to avoid interactions with the police and what to do if those interactions are less than positive. It talks about case law that guides officers in the performance of their duties and why they rarely get prosecuted. It is the public's training guide to interacting with police. This book is a great resource for parents in discussing citizen/police interactions with their children.

Rules of Engagement.jpg

I really wish I could make it. The fair bills itself as the "largest independent book festival in the country." It would be a really good opportunity to meet you and others.

I've been to ATL twice this summer, but if I had the money I would make it three times. Please share photos or video. I'll add it to your AALBC.com newly created profile page: https://aalbc.com/authors/author.php?author_name=B.L.+Brown

What a great time I had @Decatur Book Festival! I spoke to lots of people about teaching their children about the dangers of firearms in addition to positive interactions with police. If you have an opportunity purchase Brownie Bear Teaches Gun Safety and/or Rules of Engagement: Mending Citizen/Police Interactions at Amazon.com  

.IMG_3108.JPG.e7316e988ba34fdceaff17b13cb5b893.JPGIMG_3109.JPG.db250ba3abe83caa45aee42fb6754c5a.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Imagine sitting down to play the game Monopoly without having the rules. Do you think you could win the game? In some instances, people find themselves unable to interact with police officers because they do not know the rules. Look no further the book Rules of Engagement: Mending Citizen/Police Interactions is a resource for citizens to learn the rules necessary to interact with police officers. Purchase your copy today at Amazon.com  follow me on Facebook  @Justiceacademybridge and Twitter @Justiceacademy2

Rules of Engagement.jpg

Hey Troy!  

I think the Decatur Book Festival is awesome but it's the only one I have attended. This was my second year. They have a large tent for emerging authors. Basically anyone who doesn't want to purchase their own booth.  Overall I think its pretty good lots of great authors, speakers and food. Thank you for adding the video!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Imagine sitting down to play Monopoly without knowing the rules. Do you think you could win? Interacting with the police is similar and knowing the rules can help make those interactions more positive. Read Rules of Engagement: Mending Citizen/Police Interactions. 

"This is not a book directed at the public schools, but there are portions that I believe should be part of every high school curriculum. Get this book. It will help adults, and provide guidance for children. Five stars for usefulness!"
—Robert A. Margulies