harry brown

NAACP Says, Avoid Missouri.

Troy

Your time is valuable and you two can be doing anything else, but you have decided to provide this forum with the benefit of your insight and perspectives. Why?

I'm here to keep an eye on Cynique.
If she goes to far, someone has to be here to rein her in.

Mel

The majority (73%) of black people in the inner cities of America  and the majority (80%) of black people in the suburbs are living  above the poverty line.  

Lol @ "above the poverty line".

So THAT'S your definition of "success"????
Lol....above some arbitrary "poverty line" that usually crunches a family of 4 people into about $20,000 a year or some other ridiculous figure that no human being could possibly suppot themselves on in this nation.

You mentioned nothing about quality of life, health care, family relations, legal issue, and other factors of real success in society.

But as long as nearly 3 quarters of negroes aren't living in squalor (according to The Atlantic)....most Black folks are doing great??

((shakes head))

Thank you nicely kindly for
atleast answering my question, but I might as well end this conversation right here.

Del

Troy what in your experience helps you understand. That Black Women should be cheerleaders to Black Men and have sex with them to encourage them in the struggle.

Man, how could you grow up in New York or any urban community and NOT understand this?

You can understand Wall Street, the stock market, and what influences IT.........
But do you mean to sit up and tell me that you can't underst
and how Black women and sex can be used to influence Black men????

No i can't reconcile your views to my life experience. 

I have hung with hustler legit and not legal. However i haven't cone across anyone that gives money or sex away to encourage a person they aren't in a relationship with. Let me know how that's working for you. Since by you reckoning and deeds you should not be lacking for "comforts."

Man there's a lot going on in this thread. I see rereading it now that I missed quite a bit.

Del I missed your question about finding a specific incident when you verbally attacked pioneer. Did I use the word verbally attack? if I did that was not the right description; maybe snide remark or something like that but it was rather base and unnecessary. If I come across one of the statements I'll share it, but you'll probably do it again and I'll point it out at that time.

You brought up the probability statement again that I made which you keep saying it was wrong. what I said was not wrong it was a rather basic idea rather than entertain the idea that you did not understand what I wrote, or seek clarification you insisted that I was wrong. But it's not worth rehashing that argument.

Del the differences that you and Pioneer may have are incidental compared to the similarity that I've described. Again your participation here is a tremendous similarity.

For example, a significant portion of our population did not vote in the last presidential election. One could puy the people that voted into one group, regardless of who they voted for, and call them "voters." The other group who decided not to vote or even register to vote could be added to a group called "non-voters."

People who cast votes share common traits. One of them could be as simple as understanding the importance of casting a vote. Who they voted for may not be as important as the fact that they cast the vote.

Delano you and Pioneer voters.;)

So all the Black men Mel knows are driven, high achieving CEOs who keep up their lawns and are very respectful and helpful to the women in their lives.

And all the Black men Del knew growing up in New York...even the hustlers and thugs.....weren't interested in sex and could care less whether or not they got women or even impressed them.

Clearly we DO live in different worlds.

I need someone to send me a plane ticket out of the twighlight zone....lol.

Del

I have hung with hustler legit and not legal. However i haven't cone across anyone that gives money or sex away to encourage a person they aren't in a relationship with. Let me know how that's working for you. Since by you reckoning and deeds you should not be lacking for "comforts."

I think you're misunderstanding me.
It's not the hustler that gives sex for encouragement.
The hustler GETS sex and money as an encouragement and reward for his scheming and grinding.
The goal of most street hustlers is to get money, power, and sex.
The same as most men who call themselves Presidents, CEOs, and world leaders.

Most men want the same thing regardless of their social status....but they may use different avenues to arrive at the same goal.

Others give money or sex to HIM to influence him or encourage him.
Men will give him money to influence him and women will sleep with him to influence him or because they are attracted to his power in the streets.

What hustler says encourage me and I'll give it all to you. What color is the sky in  your world. 

No Pioneer people make exhanges all the time.  What i am question is your sanity in thinking that you can receive sex for doing what Man should do. Thats what i find confusing. It's always value for value. Either your sense of self is high or you value others struggle for resources too low.

Del

What color is the sky in your world.

What sky?
We build underground in my world.

What i am question is your sanity in thinking that you can receive sex for doing what Man should do. Thats what i find confusing. It's always value for value. Either your sense of self is high or you value others struggle for resources too low.

Oh....man "should" do????

I see you still believe that men have roles and women have roles.

If you feel men (or even women for that matter) SHOULD do anything "just because" then you aren't as free of a thinker as you THINK you are.

Rather than using pure reason and logic, clearly your morals and views have been heavily influenced by the society you grew up in and/or the society you currently reside in.

Men have historically done the things traditionally seen as "the manly thing to do" for 2 main reasons:

1. They did it to ultimately earn the right to have sex with the woman/women of their choice.
2. They did it because they were TAUGHT to do it by other men in society....meaning it was a tradition.

Being brave and fighting to protect not just yourself but your woman.
Working to take care of your woman.
Shoveling your neighbor's snow or cutting their grass for free
Holding the door open for women

These are all considered "manly" things to do but they aren't NATURAL for men to do.
They are learned behaviors that were taught to them as boys by older men who themselves we taught to do these things.

My point is if you go back far enough, these things were done by men to IMPRESS women or win their FAVOR to attract them and ultimately have sex with them.

Why do put your motives on other people and say that's how it is. When people here consistently say that's not their experience  .

Del

Why do put your motives on other people and say that's how it is. When people here consistently say that's not their experience .

Several reasons...............

First, with all due respect to you and all of the others on the board, you all and your current experiences DO NOT represent the lifestyle and views of the majority of Black people in America.

With the exception of maybe Cynique, you all are highly degreed and for the most part successful professionals, which is good.

You've found a way to manuever through this system regardless of it's racism and injustices, which is also good.

But unfortunately MOST Black people have not and it is THEIR experiences that actually predominate this society, not yours.
Even if you started off poor like Troy, whatever motivated you or him to study and work your way out of poverty DID NOT motivate other Black people of the same potential....which means even what motivates you is different from most.

I'm part of that poor and working class which is why my experiences and views don't always line up with yours.

Also, because this is the internet and especially this is a board more geared toward authors and others more inclinded toward intellectual pursuits, you're going to get more perspectives from educated Black professionals than from the average poor or working class Black person.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 9:02 PM, Pioneer1 said:

You mentioned nothing about quality of life, health care, family relations, legal issue, and other factors of real success in society.

@Pioneer1  Seriously?  Why don't you do the work and find out these answers about 75 Percent of Black People who are already successful enough to NOT live in poverty.   I've provided evidence that  black people can and ARE doing better than expected and then you throw in your definition of success and tell me I mentioned nothing about what's on your mind.   I don't live in your world - I definitely have no clue what's on your mind. 

But this is exactly why NO ONE In my world deals in excuses.  

Ain't nobody got time for someone whose ratios of excuses to why they can't is out of proportion to solutions to how they can.   

And now I'm done with this conversation.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mel

I've provided evidence that black people can and ARE doing better than expected and then you throw in your definition of success and tell me I mentioned nothing about what's on your mind. I don't live in your world - I definitely have no clue what's on your mind.

I GAVE you a clue of what was on my mind when I told you what MY idea of success was before asking you the question.

I said:
"When I say successful I mean it in the generally understood sense of being healthy, financially independent, with stable families and homes."

Go on back there and read it.....lol...it's still there.

But instead of answering the question as posed, you come running out with some paper you got from The Atlantic that talks about how over 70% of Black folks managed to avoid poverty as if we should be happy and thankful.

Don't act like I'm making things up as I go along.
I told you EXACTLY what I meant by success and asked you if you believe Black folks met that the criteria; instead you ignored it and gave me some unverified statistic that doesn't even touch the question.

As far as Black people doing better than expected...................

Better than expected by WHOM?

Hell, some expected Black people to be EXTINCT by now with all the traps like drugs and AIDS put out to destroy them.

So yeah, we're still ALIVE....lol.

But it's not enough to simply hold on, hang on, and stay alive.

Again, my idea of success is THRIVING with a stable home, good health, strong and healthy social life, and making over $40,000 a year atleast depending on where you live.

That puts one solidly in the MIDDLE of Middle Class (between working class and professional class) and that's what the majority of Americans should under normal circumstances.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.