Sharing News About My Book/Interviews

Troy, still trying to figure out how to utilize this site. For instance, here is a link to an interview done with me and John Henderson regarding my book, my father, Eddie Green and his professional and personal relationship with Eddie "Rochester" Anderson. Is this the proper place to relay this information to the community? http://jackbennypodcast.libsyn.com/podcast

• 2 weeks later...

I remember Eddie Anderson well. He  originated the "Rochester" character on the old Jack Benny radio show which our family used to listen to when i was a little girl.  And of course he has a long list of credits in Hollywood movies of the 1930s and 40s, including "Gone With the Wind" and "Cabin in the Sky" with Ethel Waters. 

Wait, what? Are you saying Eddie created and performed the original Rochester character?  Eddie was in the motion pictures  Gone With the Wind and Cabin in the Sky?  Elva I did not pick this information up. I listened to the interview and read all the material I've.  It is possible I missed it all but it should be front and center the Rochester character is recognized as a seminal figure in media. This is big stuff.  I'm probably moving to fast to pick things up... 

@Elva D. Green I've added your website info to your AALBC.com page, I'll check your site for information.

Haha. Troy, Yes, my father is Eddie Green. He and "Rochester" (Eddie Anderson) were friends. My father was on one or two Jack Benny programs with "Rochester". And "Rochester" was on a couple of Duffy's Tavern shows where my father portrayed Eddie, the waiter which was a major character in the program much like the "Rochester" character. As a matter of fact one of the newspaper headlines read "Eddie Green and "Rochester" Steal the Show". Troy you used the word "seminal". My father, Eddie Green, was a seminal figure also in regard to his role as Eddie the waiter in Duffy's Tavern. I think, though, that because he died in 1950 his name and memory faded. My mom sold everything she could including films, scripts, his television studio. And I am trying to bring Eddie's name to the fore of people's minds. Because he did work with people like Louis Armstrong, Eddie Anderson, James Baskette, Lena Horne. Btw, Rochester was a friend of the family and his son still lives in Los Angeles. Also fun fact: My father, Eddie Green, auditioned for the part that Eddie "Rochester" Anderson got in GWTW. So Eddie Green is big stuff, too.

• Thanks 1