Spike Lee Planning Kaepernick .Rally.

Heard On ESPN ,Film Maker Spike Lee Planning A Rally For Quarterback Colin Kaepernick This Month..NFL Is 75% Black. Some Say Black Football Players Should All Support Kaepernick..White People In This Country Support ,Klan Trash ,Politicians ,Klan Trash Police,Neo Nazi Trash In The U.S. Military..Few Years Ago National Guard- A New Nazi ,Was Training ,Neo Nazi's In Florida For The  Coming Race War..Most White People Support A Race. War. .Idiot Quarterback Tom Brady,Was Not Asked Why He Loves Donald. Trump .Is It Because Support Trump,He Agrees Muslims Should Be Kept .Out The Country,Wall To Keep Mexicans Out. Maybe Tom Brady Want Admit He Is  Just Like Trump,In Front Of The  Cameras, He Does Commercials...He Not Going To Say Keep Out Non White People..Does  Tom Brady ,Support,Unarmed Black Men,Black Boys Shot. And  Killed By Racist Police,Like His Hero Trump...?

• Like 1

There seems to be a ground swell of support growing for Kaepernick taking place in the black community who has no love for the slavemaster NFL team owners.  Although i don't know how effective a suggested tactic to  boycott  NFL football games would be because blacks are only a small percentage of the paying fans.  Watching the games on TV is more their thing and not doing this will not have much impact.  

Kaepernick's taking the knee was inspired by police brutality but it has inadvertently shifted focus and has now put the spotlight on the NFL where 80 percent of the  players  are black.  Bought and paid for gladiators who are sacrificing their bodies and risking future brain damage all  to provide entertainment for  avid white fans.  

One possible way to send a message would be for all the NFL black players to show solidarity and pick one specific date to all sit out a game,  demonstrating how important they are to the sport. But that ain't gonna happen. So Kaepernick will continue to just muddle through until he can find another venue in which to protest racism.  

@Troy Spike Lee  certainly looked upon the  black-on-black killings in Chicago as an opportunity to come to this town and stroke the black community, befriending a white activist Catholic priest, all the while laying the groundwork for making a movie  inspired by what's happening in this city.

Cynique, TV viewership is actually a very big deal. A big stadium can hold 100,000 fans, the TV audience can be  2,  3 orders of magnitude larger.  The Super Bowl garners an audience of over 100 million --That is more than 5 times more all of the people who attend all of the NFL games in an entire year (including preseason)!   Most football fans have never attended a game--who can afford it.  In fact, the NFL does not need to sell tickets from a revenue perspective.  But they charge exorbitant prices because they are just very, very greedy!  

Were it not for local municipalities giving away our money to pay for arenas and cable systems charging higher our rates to everyone to subsidize the NFL broadcasts, the game would not be nearly as lucrative as it is.  The real revenue come from TV which is a function of viewership.  If a significant portion of the audience (i.e every Black person) stops watching there will be a material impact on the owner's bottom line.  

But we don't understand this and are unable to use a very simple tactic and effective tactic.  We could start now during the preseason and simply stop watching pro football.

Yeah Spike ain't about to get involved unless there is some money to be made.  I ain't hatin' on the Brother, but we should recognize what he is before anyone confuses him with being an activist.

If I were to organize a football rally, it wouldn't be in support of Kaepernick.

I'm not trying to hate on the brother, he's doing his thing.
But again, I can't figure out what his aim is or what his goals are and for Spike Lee to get in on this I think is a waste of publicity and effort.

If Spike Lee wants to organize a rally to raise awareness about an injustice in the world of sports he should start with a rally DEMANDING COLLEGE PLAYERS GET PAID.

These universities all around the nation are making BILLIONS of dollars off of the Black football and basketball players that basically play for free.

Where is all this money going?
It sure as hell ain't going back into the universities themselves because in schools both public and private the tuition keeps going up higher and higher every year.

The Black college athlete has to be one of the most exploited athletes in sports......Spike should hold a rally over THAT first.

The college football especially the largest Division programs are perhaps one of the most exploitative institution of Black men.  The majority of the student athletes don't get degrees and the one who do earn them don't learn very much.  Obviously the majority do not enter the professional ranks, never able to financially benefit from the efforts, like everyone else.

The student athletes should absolutely be paid for the the entertainment they provide commensurate with any any revenue earned from ticket sales, broadcast licensing, and products sold.  The universities are providing the NFL's minor league and the rest of the student body is subsidizing this with exorbitant tuition and fees.

The NFL owners are gangster who are robbing the public blind and we are their happy victims.   

"I'm not trying to hate on the brother, he's doing his thing. But again, I can't figure out what his aim is or what his goals are and for Spike Lee to get in on this I think is a waste of publicity and effort."

Let’s see, there has been talk of Negroes boycotting NFL games because they believe an injustice has been meted out to one player? Really? Kaepernick made a personal decision to do what he did. There were consequences and they were dire. He knew this. While I respect him for his decision to protest what he sees as injustices to many black Americans by the police, I have no idea why he (and the Negroes who support him) believed there would be no back lash to his refusal to stand during the national anthem. You may agree or disagree his decision but the general response was very predictable. It’s not rocket science. And not to mention the fact that Kaperenicks playing had deteriorated to the point where he was benched. He is now a lightening rod and most teams are reticent to touch him for obvious reasons. His playing ability at this point does not outweigh the distraction his presence would bring to a ball club. It’s as simple as that. If I were an owner, I wouldn’t bring him to my team. And as far as an attention seeking harlequin like Spike Lee is concerned…well…I think that speaks for itself. Sorry folks, I’m not boycotting anything where the average player (according to Forbes) –makes 1.9 million dollars a year. E’nuff said…

Well, the assumption is made that Kaepernick, himself, is protesting not being picked up by a team.  Seems to me it's other people and organizations,  many with their own agenda who are doing this.  He's a free agent but he is not demanding to be taken by another team.  Others are the ones doing this and they are using as an argument the fact that he is being bypassed for quarterbacks who are not as good as he is.  For all we know, Kaepernick doesn't care about a team selecting him.  I suspect that he has made his bed and is willing to lie in it. He has spread his money around for good causes in addition to "bending his knee".  Maybe he just wants to combat racism in his own way.  Why should black people have a problem with this?

What his detractors continue to ignore is that  his protest has sparked controversy and exposed the NFL and America for what it is.  That's what demonstrators do.  Whether they bring about change or not, they call attention to injustice and force the culprits to deal with it.  He has become a thorn in the side of the NFL.  That's his victory.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

his protest has sparked controversy and exposed the NFL and America for what it is.  

And he's a black man I admire!  He took a stand (by kneeling of all things) He didn't ask permission nor did he ask for a consensus.  He just did what  he believed.    

• Like 1

"And he's a black man I admire!  He took a stand (by kneeling of all things) He didn't ask permission nor did he ask for a consensus.  He just did what  he believed."   

True. He did do that. But tell me -list the visible concrete changes and improvements his stance has affected? Tell me in detail, since his kneeling, how has the lives of black people improved? Other than him drifting and being cut, and the predictable rancor and belly aching by bitter Negroes -what has actually changed that has impacted the lives of black Americans? 

Well, all of you guys who were young kids during MLK' s civil rights movement obviously don't get that the primary goal of a demonstration is to dramatize a grievance.  You don't seem to be able to process the idea  that  it is a tactic designed to agitate and make people uncomfortable and even feel guilty.  It is the first phase toward a goal which will pass through many stages before it is institutionalized into the norms of society. Radicals have been known  to set themselves on fire to demonstrate their cause.  Women secured the right to vote by staging demonstrations. Of course in America, Colin's gesture is doomed from the start because the country is racist to its core as illustrated by the solicitation  in another post on this site wherein the acting president  and CEO of the Missouri NAACP  sends a request for donations to help  fight what is a disgrace to have to fear in the year 2017 where it is unsafe  for black people to travel in certain areas in a state.    SMH

BTW,  i don't know whether it's fake news or not but there's a report circulating on the Internet that one of the owners of the NY Giants football team has said that  Kapernick will be playing in the NFL this season.  

• Like 1

It makes little difference whether Kaepernick plays in the NFL or not;  for it will make no difference in the way the NFL treats players. 

Again, there were many other players who took knees, raised fists, and engaged in other forms of "protest" during the National anthem. Some were given media attention others were not. Indeed if the broadcasted did not show kaepernick's taking a knee and spend so much time talking about it his "protest" his would be a nonissue.

You see, if our protest is a function of the media's (even social media) coverage, then it is doomed to failure. His protest is a direct function of the media coverage.  

However, if every Black people simply stopped tuning into games the NFL's games, the NFL would feel the pain--whether the media covered it or not.  That is true power.

A demonstration is step #1 in a movement; the boycott is step #2 in the process of bringing about reform.  Kaepernick's demonstration has inspired talk of boycotting the NFL.  If he is picked up before the season opens, his bending a knee will have  caused owners to defer to the black community and whites of good will who believe in the right to protest.  If none of this leads to anywhere, don't blame the messenger, blame the country who the message is for, - a place where  it is necessary for a black citizen to agitate against .

I am not passionate about this issue but i don't think that Kaepernick should be dismissed and derided for rockin the boat and making waves. He had to be aware of the consequences of the choice he made, but he made a conscious decision to do what he did.  So be it.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cynique said:

Kaepernick's demonstration has inspired talk of boycotting the NFL.

Exactly, because the stand came from within the ranks... Nothing else got people fired up about the maladjusted NFL

Prior to Kaep's demonstration, the players were beating the crap out of their wives, girlfriends; they've been excused and exonerated of rape, murders, drug dealing while the game went on  ...Now black men have finally awaken because the attack is on someone who looks like them.    

Well, whatever it takes, I suppose.  

• Like 1

Talks of boycotting the NFL existed long before anyone knew who Kaepernick was. You all give him entirely too much credit.  Players have striked owners have locked them out.  The strife between owners and players is an on going beef. 

So what are we fighting for now?  For some team to give him a job?

I thought we were fighting for better treatment of Black people everywhere.  The media has made this about Colin, and so have we...unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not blaming anyone for trying, but at the same time nono one is above critique--not Obama, not Farrakhan, not Dr.King, no man is perfect or above critique. Somehow we have turned Colin's knee bending into something sacrosanct--it is not.

I'll let you in on a secret, as long as we continue gave the NFL our money nothing of consequence will change.  Colin's kneeling will not lead to a boycott.  Shoot Colin does not even have a say if he can even play or not... puhlese.  

Kaepernic can only "protest" at the NFL's whim, because they are calling the shots.  

There's a whole  crowd of Millennials out there who know very little about past protests.  Every generation has to go through its own growing  pains before they become disillusioned with reality, and learn from experience.  

The media has given this cause a lot of free coverage.  There's no such thing as bad publicity when you want to call attention to something.  This whole situation is more harmless than harmful.  Considering what the post racial picture in America looks like, you could say the same thing about the futility of Rosa Parks refusing to give up her seat on a segregated bus. 

Bottom line, America is a bullshit country and black folks don't have their bull shit together yet.   :lol:

• Like 1