White Man, Close To Extinction?

With The Racist White Protesting ,Talking On The News,You Would Think The White Man Is Close To Extinction..Neo Nazi,With Weapons, Guns On The News,Walking Around..Confederate Statues, Some Cities Are Taking Down..Trump Supports ,Neo Nazi And Confederate Statues..The News Talks About Neo Nazi,News Not Talking About White Police Being Fired The Last 7  Years,For ,Being Klan,KKK, Members ..Klan Is A Terrorist Organization ..Neo Nazi In The U. S. Military ,Training Themselves For The Coming,Race War..Today ,Neo Nazi,In Boston,Large Crowd Of People Ready To Protest Neo Nazi..Boston Is Racist,With Racist ,Police..Idiot Quarterback Tom Brady Who Loves Trump,Some People Think,He Just Like Trump..Will Not Admit It In Front Of ,Cameras....Black Preachers On Trump's Religious Advisory Board...Black Preachers Are As Vile ,As Street Gangs,Pimps, Crack Sellers..White Racist Can, Watch Black Men Do What,Slavery ,Southern Lynchings Could Not Do,Genocide The Black Race...

• Like 1

There is as an undercurrent  fear of the white race being obliterated  and eventually becoming extinct, because white people are in the minority globally. The majority in this country are Hispanics. 

i understand white fear, because it's very real.  But that's the way cookie crumbles.  Better them than us.... 

• Haha 1

"You Would Think The White Man Is Close To Extinction."

I've heard that seemingly popular racist cliche many times. Maybe the BLM folks started it. Ha! White people are not going anywhere. While their birth rate is in decline, why would they become extinct? That's not going to happen. They don't have the numerical dominance they once had in the US as they did at the beginning of the 20th century because of a number of factors. Their biggest challenge comes from an explosive Latino birthrate...NOT NEGROES! Negroes have nothing to do with it since their progeny is the same as whites. But as I said, the biggest and most prolific birthrate is the Latinos....

Don't run around believing all of this talk about White people "going extinct".

They've been saying this for decades and White people are still here.

Just like they've been saying that blonde people or blue eyed people will be extinct by the year 2020 or some other year.

Look at all the pregnant White women you see walking around.

Look at all the White women you see walking around pushing baby carriages with 4 and 5 kids in them.

White women are having children by the LITTERS!

You keep hearing about White women having triplets and quadruplets....when was the last time you saw a Black woman with 3 or 4 babies that she had at one time?

You can't go into a restaurant and eat in peace without seeing a White woman with her titty out feeding one of her babies daring you to say something about it, with 2 or 3 other kids bouncing around and squealing.....lol.

This is nothing more than "dog whistles" used to alarm White people and especially White racists and whip them up into a frenzy to try and harm more people of color.
If they believe they're going to go extinct then they start taking steps to INCREASE their population while DECIMATING the population of people of color through AIDS, warfare, crime, poverty, ect......

It's the BLACK POPULATION you better worry about.

• Like 1

Sorry to inform everyone but actually, the idea is not preposterous. White men's sperm count is plummeting worldwide. Sperm plays a role in men's fertility, morbidity, and mortality. Studies have proved that this theory is correct. They are having a reproduction crisis, which could be why, instinctively, we are witnessing more interracial relationships. Since they come from us anyway, it would only be logical to suspect that they would mix in with us again. It's the only way future white generations will be able to exist. Then when they die off, white people will re emerge thousands of years or perhaps even hundreds of years from now. This article gives a more scientific explanation of how white people are dying off.

zbf7c.jpg

Yeah all of the links to "the study" were broken.  Whenever I see a article referenced in a blog, or a site like Essence I usually skip the article (they are usually very thin anyway) and I go straight to the study.  I usually find people draw conclusions that were not stated in the study.

• Like 1

I understand your concerns with this information due to the source. Here is a link to a more established website: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/health/sperm-counts-declining-study/index.html I did check the information with major sites and news websites and the information is exactly the same. However, the only difference I noticed is that they do not point to white men, instead, they point to western men, which is not true at all. There is no decline in the reproduction of Black people. This is why I like going to Black websites. The good ones don't whitewash the information in the same way that some of your more popular and organized websites do (same companies that printed racist articles about Black people for hundreds of years).

On CNN"S article, please note: " By comparison, the researchers found no significant declines in the sperm counts and sperm concentrations of men living in South America, Asia and Africa. "

In contrast, I believe the reason why some Black empowered sites do like to exclude listing sources sometimes could be due to the fact that they are contributing to validating these sources of information as supreme. It not only promotes these websites, but also validates their findings. When we do this, intellectually, we begin to trust them as official sources of information, and not websites like this that give information from our own perspective. We need our own reliable sources for information verification.

The actual study may be found here: https://academic.oup.com/humupd/article/doi/10.1093/humupd/dmx022/4035689/Temporal-trends-in-sperm-count-a-systematic-review

I did not read the whole study, but I read enough to know that the study was conducted using men in the "West" which includes; North America, Europe Australia and New Zealand and excludes, South America, Asia and Africa. (obviously this excludes the majority of Black people).

The study itself simply says they did not have enough information about trends about people in Africa or South America, but it does not look like the declines are as steep as they are in the West.  Quote from the study:

"...we saw no significant declines for studies from South America, Asia and Africa, which may, in part be accounted for by limited statistical power and an absence of studies in unselected men from these countries prior to 1985. However, we note that the modification of the slope by geographic group was significant. Thus, based on the results presented here, while it is not possible to rule out a trend in non-Western countries, these data do not support a decline as steep as that observed in Western countries."

However, @NubianFellow since the study only talks about men in the "west" and Black people in America are part of this group, why have you concluding that Black men in America are not impacted with a lower sperm count?  The study itself did not attempt to compare phenotypically Black and Phenotypically white people in the west, so I assume you have another source.

@Troy Separate studies have proved that even though our population is decreasing, our birth rates are not. This was not the only study done. For instance, this one has a chart. This post talks about death rates.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3984874/More-whites-die-born-states-New-research-reveals-changing-demographics-amidst-soaring-Caucasian-death-rates.html

The only thing responsible for our shrinking population is poverty. Here is another report that backs up evidence that Black birth rates are not shrinking.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2012/05/17/explaining-why-minority-births-now-outnumber-white-births/

These influences in mortality rates could be a definite factor in the extreme prejudice we witness when police annihilate us.

@Del The majority of the stories are a part of an SEO campaign. However, a large portion of the readers is female. Facebook and Google do not send the same traffic. I am certain that Google is sending traffic to the least relevant content. Audience from Facebook is much more targeted. A large following also flows over from other networked content and websites. Also, much of the content has been removed. All of this affects traffic which is decided by algorithms on other websites as well as search engines. The traffic is diverse, however.

@NubianFellow, neither of these articles spoke to a reduction of sperm count in white men compared to Black men

The Dailymail's (a tabloid) article is based upon information published in the Washington Post (virtually plagiarizing them), the Washington Post cited this study; http://www.nber.org/papers/w22849#fromrss, which speaks to in increase in mortality due to trade with China.  

The Pew Center's article discussed birth rate and the increase in crease of hispanics and their increase cover whites and Blacks.  Since many hispanics are white, it is not clear why you would select this article to support you point.

As an aside; the Pew reports says that in 2009 73% of black birth were to unwed mothers!.  That is a staggering statistic and speaks volumes to the nature of Black families....

• Like 1

@Troy It is possible that the article was written from an emotional perspective more than a logical one. Nevertheless, the findings speak for themselves. I only present a mere 'what if?' Could this be wishful thinking on my part? Yes, it very well could be. Once you read something like, https://www.nubianplanet.com/history/king-leopold-ii-heinous-barbaric-genocide-people-congo/ you start to want some revenge, much less, right in America, we faced https://www.nubianplanet.com/nubian/buck-breaking-heinous-act-purposely-erased-history/. Our history has been brutal. But you know what, I don't hold what happened in the past against the whites of today. As they say, they are not responsible for what their ancestors did. I despise them for how they still treat us even though they pretend that Black people have it the best and invented this illusion they call Black privilege to take the focus off of white privilege. Some tricky evil monsters. Am I racist? Perhaps, but the deeper question is probably whether or not I should be. Is it my dream to see white people magically die off and leave the planet to us? Nah, truthfully, I know better. The next people in line to rule the planet wouldn't be us. In fact, as it stands now, we'd be last in line to rule anything, and I am not convinced that the Chinese wouldn't be more brutal with us than white people are now. I honestly don't feel Black people are ready to rule the planet. I wish I didn't feel that way, but that's what my gut tells me. 

As far as Latinos being white, I think I would disagree with that. Not saying they are Black, but most have a higher mixture of Black. That's probably why they are socially treated about the same as Black people. Behaviorally, growing up around Latinos in the hood too, you can't tell the difference. I don't think this is all social behavior, but genetically imprinted behavior. Besides, I believe we mostly see white Latinos on media and in the states, but as I understand many of these Latin nations and countries are heavily imprinted with African Latinos. White Latinos are about as much Latino as white Indians.

The report about unwed mothers is staggering and shameful. This also speaks volumes about exactly what's happening in the Black social construct. It is perhaps the biggest problem that we face as a race and culture. Cause these Black boys without dads around are now becoming grown. Not saying single Black mothers can't raise Black children, but my common sense tells me that's not going to work in Black people's favor.

• Like 2

I hear you man. It is human nature to believe something that makes us feel good or better.  I was raised a racist I grew up believing white folks were evil and could not be trusted.  How could it be otherwise.  Everybody I knew, that was Black, lived in a ghetto, white people lived in fine homes had cars and did not have to deal with crime.  At least that is the way it looked on TV...

For some religion help deals with the evil we've been dealt, for others it is some brand of Black superiority, for me it is science and ideas which is why books are important and forums like this where people welcome their ideas being challenged are vauable.  I used to buy more into the Black superiority thing, but not so much any more--it is no longer necessary. I never did buy into religion--even as a child..my brain simply does not work that way.

I should not have said most hispanics are white.  I was trying to make a point using sloppy terms.  Your statement:

12 hours ago, NubianFellow said:

As far as Latinos being white, I think I would disagree with that. Not saying they are Black, but most have a higher mixture of Black. That's probably why they are socially treated about the same as Black people. Behaviorally, growing up around Latinos in the hood too, you can't tell the difference.

Illustrates why I don't like using race. Scientifically there is only one race.  When we talk about who is Black and who is white we really are left to our own subjective devices. As a result there is no definitive answer for who is white or Black.  There is not genetic test for this either...

Hispanics come in every color imaginable. Many brown hispanics self identify as white. Here in this country some people we would describe as white self identify as Black. Walter White and Jean Toomer look like white boys to me, but we embrace them as Black. Those racist terms have as many definitions as there are people. I shouldn't use them but it depends on who I'm talking to and the situation.

I run a site celebrating Black culture as reaction to how we are treated.  It would be nice if sites like ours were not necessary but as far as I'm concerned we need more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Troy I like your site. It has a nice atmosphere. I do agree that we need more. But more importantly, we need to learn to embrace Black businesses, products, services, and yes... black websites too. As far as many brown Hispanics identifying as white, we got a lot of Black brown people who also identify as white, egyptian, israelites, indian and the list goes on brother. I do agree with you about race being more of a social construct. But that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. In this reality, race is used to control conscious Black social behavior. Think about it, if our people are messed up socially, then how can we ever get anything together on any other higher level? If we can't cooperate with ourselves socially,  we won't be empowered enough to run anything else, not even our own businesses.

Before I make my next point, let me say that I love going to Black businesses because they support me the most, and I get the feeling that the owners and people who work there see me more as a person than just dollar signs. Black businesses are also least likely to rip Black people off, despite many of our people exclaiming differently. They had a bad experience with one or two Black businesses and then so easily decide that Black businesses are the worst on the planet. Once upon a time when I worked with mortgages, surprisingly a Black woman called up and asked me if I was Black (I assumed she was searching for a Black person to do business with), but when I verified, she asked for someone white and told me of her experiences dealing with Black people and how she was preyed upon. No problem. I worked out the commission anyway and made more money on the deal than I would have made if I didn't send her to a fellow white coworker. But the point is, when we are racist against our own, it backfires every single time. Now I do notice that some (a very small number) of Black businesses don't value their Black customers. And to me, that's buffoonery and coonery. These same businesses who didn't value or treat their black customers like people are the same ones that will complain that Black people don't support them. I feel that we need to honor our businesses that look out for the people and make more of an effort to connect with our own, for the good of all Black people everywhere and humanity itself!

Scientifically, there may only be one race, but in this reality, we have acknowledged racial, cultural and ethnic identities exist and that affects the fabric of our existence on this planet. I would love for us to be in a position someday where we can embrace everyone. But that day has not come yet. Until Black people learn to embrace themselves, everyone else will not respect us as a collective. We will continue to be looked down upon as a group and continue to be treated the worst. The first thing Black people must learn to do again is what everyone else does... embrace our own and stop trying to be content serving white people, or our race will be doomed forever.

• Like 2

Yes, race is a social construct and as such it is open to manipulation. We had phenotypically and culturally white people being forced into the "Black bucket" against their will in America due to the "one drop" rule. The whole concept of being able to live a better life by denouncing your family and "passing" is absurd.  Race is a tool of our oppressor and a very effective one.

I also agree that cultural and ethnic identities exist, but these have little to do with so called racial differences.  Hispanics are phenotypical as diverse as so called Black people are. But since we are fixated on skin color, hair texture, and other things we have an additional level of racism to contend with, because of colorism in the Black community, not just here in America but all over the world.  These so called racial differences create strife both within our community and from outside our community.  This is both unnecessary and detrimental to our community.

To be sure, racists will hate brown people no matter what we are called.  They can't be appealed to based upon science, facts, logic or reason.  Because racists are irrational does not mean we have to be, by embracing the same faulty reasoning they use to justify their hatred of what they define as Black people. For example, the fact that Barack Obama has a lilly white mother and is about as far from being culturally Black as you can get, makes no difference to a racist.

My fight is not against white people, but the systems that create white racists.

One of the hardest and fastest lessons I learned when I started this business is that people will not buy from me simply because I'm Black.  They will not pay a premium, go out their way, or show any difference to AALBC.com because it is Black owned and supports Black authors. It is no different that it was in corporate America where one had to between better than one's peers just be be treated half as good.  

Of course their are people who buy books through the site and support Black businesses deliberately, because they see it as investing in the Black community, but these folks are the exceptions, not the rule.  I have a fighting chance because of these people--in fact some of them are white.

Often what is mistaken as bad service is really just a struggling business doing the best they can.  I recently began promoting a bestselling book seal, in an effort to encourage AALBC.com bestselling authors to embrace the site they would any bestsellers list published by white folks. I've been publishing a bestsellers list, continuously, for over 19 years.  I'm not aware of any bestsellers list, focused on Black books, that has been published consistently for so long.  Using an AALBC.com bestseller seal would seem like a no-brainer, especially for authors who are not recognized by any other entity.

I got a designer to create a few different bestseller seals on a barter deal.  I solicited feedback on the various designs and selected the winning seal.  An author, a conscious sister, pointed out a typo on the seal that had gone unnoticed and unreported for months!  Now this author could have slammed me and refused to ever us a seal, but instead she told me to let her know when the seal was corrected because she wanted to use it on her marketing materials.  I wish every author was this conscious. 

To date, 698 authors have been AALBC.com bestselling authors since 1998. Will 10% promote the fact; will half do so?  Whatever that figure turns out to be will will be less, far less, than it would be if a white entity established them as a bestseller.

Now of course one will argue will that NY Times bestsellers list, for example, actually "means" something.  At that is my point.  The meaning we attribute to making the NY Times list is really the meaning we give it.  We allow--no, we seek the validation of other cultures (white folks) to give our bestsellers lists meaning. White folks determine which authors have merit and which books deserve to be read.  Damn, we don't even profit from the sales of Black books.

I'd like to see that Black entities have some say in which Books are important and I'd like to see us profit more from the resulting commerce.

From my perch overlooking the big picture, certain things seem apparent to me.  Society is what it is.  American culture, over the centuries, has sorted itself out into patterns that make up the hive. When assessing this , it is necessary to suspend all abstract notions about equality and justice  and redemption. Race may be a nonexistent physicality but breed is not. Random circumstances give certain breeds advantage over other breeds, and gradually those with the ability to dominate, do this.  Other breeds for whatever reasons are relegated to finding their niche in  the mosaic of circumstances.  Everybody can't be a winner in the game.  Those at a disadvantage that Fate has dealt them, end up as "also rans".  Individuals are left to get in where they fit in.  

The Negroid breed in America is fragmented and polluted and, as a force,  has devolved into a state of inertia because of how others groups were able to impact on it.   These societal patterns may very well have a parallel in the animal kingdom and the law of the jungle.   In a more relevant setting, black people are consumers, and how bad is this?  They let others do the hard work required to provide them with everything they can afford or even not afford.  Removed from the arena of stress and cut-throat competition, all the negroid breed has to do is enjoy the luxuries,  conveniences, amusements and superficial recognition others provide them with.  Ambition on their part  reaps paltry rewards that rarely earn a place at the big table. Incentive is eroded. In the breakdown of this country, the Chiefs dominate and the Negro tribe takes the easy way out.  Can this situation be reversed? Will the dominant breed maintain and perpetuate their authority? Will the flaws of the negroid breed continue to be its undoing?  Who knows.

An awareness of how your breed ranks and why it is where it is, is an ongoing dialogue that does not trigger change.  What is the solution? Well, who says all problems have solutions? Maybe making your sphere of activity the parameters of your world and taking pride in the small achievements is an option.  Stop stressing about the unattainable described in platitudes and cliches, about holding on to your dreams and about triumphing over adversity.  Yeah, right.   Luck is fickle.  Enjoy life even, if this does call for you to be a consumer from time to time.  

These thoughts that flowed into my head are obviously the  credo of a pragmatist.  To others, i say:  "Dream on."  

Meanwhile, i prepare my den for hibernating as we wend toward the darkness of the next solstice.  Winter is coming...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Troy said:

My fight is not against white people, but the systems that create white racists.

@Troy I understand this sentiment, but not sure I necessarily agree with it. My fight is also against the system that creates racists. My fight is also with the actual racists and anyone who benefits from that system or is not adamant about opposing it. True, I wouldn't expect most people to oppose a system they benefit from. Perks. That's to be expected. However, until that system is destroyed, white people are in fact, my enemies by default. This is how I felt since perhaps earlier than kindergarten before I personally experienced racism. And though I was raised to love my identity, this wasn't something that was embedded in me. It was instinct. And I never opposed my intuition because, for me, it was basic common sense. Doesn't mean I will walk around being mean to white people and wishing bad things happen to them or even go around seeking my revenge for what they did and are doing. It just means that in my mind, I know who my enemies are. Though some people, including me, could easily argue that we are our own worst enemies, white people get it by default. I think the Matrix explains it best!

Troy

Some racists are born, but MOST are actually made by society.

And the reason so many White people BECOME racist is because they look at Black people in this society and see them as inferior.

And the reason they see Black people as inferior is because they see so many Black people not being able to function or make it in this society and many often forced to beg, hustle, and live lives of crime just to survive.

You may not want to hear this............

But I'm beginning to believe that most of the problems Black people have in this society is not as a DIRECT result of racism but from not being able to function in such a COMPLEX society like this, that has been developed by Whites for Whites.

To make it plain and simple, most of our people simply aren't smart enough to manage or manuever their way through out this society successfully and this is one of the main reasons why they keep having problems financially, legally, socially, and otherwise......
Many White people know this and they choose to take advantage of our people because of this.
They know they aren't smart enough to understand various financial contracts so they take advantage of them financially.
They know they aren't smart enough to understand certain legal things so they take advantage of them legally and they end up in prison.
And so on and so on.....

I'm not saying this is the case with ALL Black people, you and many others are very very intelligent and probably have little problem achieving success in a society as complex as this, but many just don't have the smarts to do it and that's a sad fact that we're going to have to accept if we want to solve some of the problems we face.

The only human solution to this problem is for INTELLIGENT Black people to take the reins of leadership in the community and work on forging a new society for Black Americans that is simple enough yet progressive enough for us to prosper in.

The only way most of us can make it is if we build a NEW society and the educated professional Black men and women must us their skills to help do this.

Nubian

and I am not convinced that the Chinese wouldn't be more brutal with us than white people are now.

I've often thought about this also.
Especially as they move more and more into Africa.

Honestly.......
I don't think Chinese would do sneaky underhanded things like AIDS and crack and poisoning the water just to keep control over Black people.
They probably would be more open in using force like killing outright or imprisonment....similar to how they handle their own people.

Asians make it clear how they feel about you, which in a way lessens the confusion.

You mentioned Latinos and how they're treated similarly to Black people.

Aside from the fact that many Latinos are actually Black (and many are White); most Latinos from Mexico are actually NATIVE AMERICAN.
They are Aztec Indians whose ancestors were enslaved by the Spanish and now call themselves Mexican, or Guatamalan, or El Salvadorian.

Native Americans......in my observation....are the closest race to Black people in intellect and temparment and they act more like us than any other race which is probably why they're treated so much like us by Whites.

They too can't function in this complex society that was developed BY and FOR Whites and this is why so many of them are alcoholic, in prison, and have a high suicide rate.

The only other race that seems to be able to function and do well inside the White socio-economic infrastructure are East Asians.

• Like 1

@Pioneer1 I agree that Native Americans are very much like us and much of our history can probably be traced back to these people. I also don't entirely object to the fact that much of our own history can be traced back to these groups of people. In understanding slavery, it only makes sense that if Black people were already over here, then they would have become slaves once they were slaughtered after they fought. I have traced my own lineage back to Nat Love, who was kidnapped by the Indians and then escaped after them wanting him to join their tribe. Indians are very tribal people. So they must have been able to identify with Black people to let them join their tribes. I often question if we were the same people. What if the Native Americans were Black? 

As far as intelligence, I agree that Black people, for whatever reason, have historically made terrible decisions. I blame many factors on things, such as slavery, screwing with our genetic lines, buck breaking, trauma, and all the other atrocities that our people faced. But yes, it would be nice to have leaders who actually cared about benefiting the people and did actions that not only empowered themselves but empowered their people as well. But in the past 8 years, I have noticed that Black people have ignored the benefits of Black leadership and accepted having a "symbol" of power.

In my observations of dealing with other cultures in the Northeast, it appears that the people who embrace and identify most closely to being Black are the Latino's. It also appears that Black people most easily accept these groups of outsiders the most. It could be because many Native Americans assume African identity. My uncle who passed recently worked on a board in a reservation. Besides having a very straight grade of hair, you could not distinguish him from an African American. There is literally no difference between African Americans and true Native Americans. And I don't mean the 5 dollar Indians either.

i would b interested in some of you telling me what you disagreed with in my post.  Seems to me that when all of the "mansplaining" smoke is cleared, you're all reaching the same conclusion  i did. But because we couched these conclusions in different semantics, the take-away is different.

But the basic message is that, like it or not,  tribes of the nation have been forced into playing different roles, and this is determined by the tribe which has the greatest ability to oppress and prevail.

You guys, to me, are the ones brainwashed.  You actually think the American dream applies to people of color.  It doesn't.  If it did, you wouldn't be stuck in the rut of describing  and lamenting about what black folks need to do to break the glass ceiling. Talk is cheap.  In addition to  talking about commerce and economics, admit that one thing black people need to do is to stop all of the indiscriminate breeding that populates the underclasses with generations of fatherless children doomed to repeat the mistakes of their single parents. The odds of this happening are about the same as as ones for the black tribe to achieve true unity.   The truth hurts.  However, if what i regard as the truth will, after all these years,  be proven false, i really won't mind.  

Settling into my cave, stocking up on nuts and berries.  Winter is coming... 

• Like 2

Nubian

I often question if we were the same people. What if the Native Americans were Black?

The Americas BEFORE Columbus was certainly populated by a large number of Black people ALONG WITH with the dominant race of brown skinned straight haired people most commonly refered to as Native Americans.

All you have to do is read the writings of Columbus and other European explorers in their journals about encountering "negroes" among the Native populations as they moved about.

You can also look at the Olmec heads of Black men down in Mexico that were build before the 1400s as evidence of Black men being here.

Now as to the origin of these Black people......
I'm not sure if they were indigenous to the land but I've heard that Mansa Musa's brother Abu Bakr actually sailed across the Atlantic centuries before Columbus along with a group of his soldiers and settled into parts of the Americas.

Even before that we hear of extensive trading between Africans and Native Americans going back millenia.

Infact, they have found tobacco and cocaine in ancient Egyptian tombs for the pre-pharoahic nobility with is proof of some sort of contact with the Western Hemisphere!

And I don't mean the
5 dollar Indians either.

I know what you mean......lol.
These blonde haired blue eyed White people CLAIMING Native American ancestry.

One of the problems is that there are so few REAL full blooded Native Americans left in the United States that most people don't know what real Native Americans actually look like.

Most of those calling themselves Natives are damn near White with only trace amounts of Native ancestry; meanwhile many people who are called "Black" by American standards (one drop rule) actually have more Native American physical traits than African....but arent' recognized as such.

Del

Thanks Nubian Fellow. Indigenous people of America have a culture a language and a place. That makes a huge difference

The indigenous people of this land or Native Americans are in my opinion FAR worst condition than AfroAmericans.

Most of the real ones....in the United States....have been wiped out and replaced with White people who've stolen their culture and perverted it.

And most of the real ones OUTSIDE of the United States don't even consider themselves Native Americaan but rather have taken on a Spanish identity....calling themselves Mexican or Peruvian ect...
Only a small minority are actually reall full blooded Native American and practice their original culture.

Native Americans are still considered the "Noble Savage" and white people are proud to have Indian blood in the veins. ( Not so, with having black blood, however. )

Every black person i know, including myself, claims to have indian blood in them.  Native American culture just seems to fascinate everybody, with the feathered headdresses,  beaded buckskin garb, painted faces and Pow-Wows where the peace pipe is smoked. Their riding horses bareback and shooting bows and arrows and doing rain dances.  i appreciate that they are a very spiritual people, close to the earth and that - sometimes they beat John Wayne and the cavalry.   

i and many others who attended the University of Illinois were sad that political correctness robbed us of Chief Illiniwek, our sports mascot, whose war dance during half-time shows at football games was as anticipated as the final scores.  This was an authentic dance passed down for generations and was taught to the Eagle scouts who were the  ones to compete for the honor of being Chief Illiniwek, a proud figure who was never caricatured, but honored and respected. Illinois hasn't been  a force in the Big Ten since the chief was banished.  The PC crowd  tried to do the same thing with the Florida State's Seminole mascot, but the Seminoles told them  to go f..k themselves, and that they were proud to be the mascot of a great foot ball team.  

According to archaeologists, land  masses that later broke apart, provided direct access to the Americas and permitted  people  from other continents to migrate by foot here.  The Eskimos got trapped in Alaska when it broke off  from the continent but  they are the same species of those who did reach the America to become its native people.  

There are black Mexicans who little is known about but they are there and are discriminated against and considered second class citizens. The same as black Koreans about whom little is known  because they are also a well-kept "secret".  I have read about these black people  as well as talked to tourists who have seen them in these countries.  Po ol black folks just caint catch a break.    

• Like 2

I have some native american blood in me too.  I did not know this until my DNA was tested.  I also learned where it comes from my mother is descendant from a marriage between the son of a British merchant and a Native American woman.  As far as I know, my maternal ancestors were never enslaved.  

It would be interesting to know how many of 'ole Captain Basse's descendants are considered white today. I wonder if he would be upset about how many negro descendants he would spawn.

546520_10151150086197050_825205105_n.jpg

• Haha 1

In the book world we own AALBC.com, the largest website dedicated to celebrating the diversity of Black culture through books.  We also own over 60 bookstores across the nation, when own several independent publishing companies, at least one book printer, a handful of book distribution companies and this is just in the United States.

We actually own quite a bit, it is just that we don't do very much, collectively, to support and promote the concerns.  We do however jump through hoops to promote the wealthiest and largest corporations.

Authors will tell you to you to buy their books from Amazon, as if it was a secret that Amazon sold books.  Authors will tell you to follow them on social media instead of their own websites.  Of course Black bookstores and websites, like AALBC.com, could benefit from the free promotion so frequently given to corporations.

@Delano, the question is not, what do we own; it is what what do we support.

• Like 2

Let me lay it out differently. 

If all tanning products were  Black owned. It wouldn't matter that Black's didn't support that business. 

What we have is the reverse. Blacks neither owning or supporting black business. 

Asian shops in Black communities do fine without patronage by Asians.

10 hours ago, Delano said:

what mansplaining are you referring to.

Well, i got  on my soap box and expressed my thoughts about why backs are where they are and what the chances were of changing this. Then all the guys proceeded to express their ideas like they had to explain  what i had already said.  We all agreed that black folks needed to come together but were discouraged by the obstacles that included black folks being their own biggest challenge in  a capitalistic country laced with racism.  Or something...:blink:

• Like 1

@Del, I'm actually going to push back a little more on your statement and actually modify a statement previously made.

Just today I was talking to another Brother, older, who runs a business as well.  He employs several full time staff, in other words he runs a much larger business. We were discussing the relative advantages of his competitors and what advantages he offer tat they don't.  One of the advantages he cited was that his business was Black owned. I told him that I actually did not find that being Black owned was an advantage.  He explained that were it not for other Black people, he would not have a business.

Upon reflection I had to recognize that the same was true for my business.  Now I may not have as much support has I want from my community, and on too many occasions I may not have as much as I need, but I would not have a business were it not for my Brothers and Sisters.  

Indeed Del, while you are not writing checks to me on a regular basis your participation here makes this forum possible.  You and all the regular contributors to this forum could be doing anything else, but you are a Black man who is supporting a Black business.  In all seriousness and gratitude; thank you.

Almost all of the active participants on this forum have been Black.  If I depended upon white folks to keep this forum alive it would never have gotten off the ground.  Now I'm not dismissing the support of white folks in keeping AALBC.com alive, but to be clear: there would be no AALBC.com with the support of my people. 

My sincere thanks to all of you :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Man you and the other regulars here are truly a blessing :)

Obviously I enjoy the conversation even when we disagree--you force me to assess my own assumptions and beliefs.

If you are talking about the book project cover highlights from the discussion forum.  Sure I'll keep you posted.

I actually just added another piece to the publishing pie.  AALBC.com Prints Books: aalbcprintsbooks.com