News, Dick Gregory Dead At 84.

News , Says Dick Gregory  Is Dead At 84. Dick Gregory Was More Than A Comedian. .He Was Friends With Dr. King And Malcolm X. .Was Involved  With Civil Rights, He Was An Activist,Writer And,Motivational  Speaker..Among His Books,Nigger ,An,Autobiography And Defining Moments In Black -History,Reading Between The Lies...Listening To Sports Talkers,About Quarterback Colin Kaepernick,White People And,The National Anthem,White People Who Are Against Quarterback Colin Kaepernick ,Support Neo Nazi Waving The,U.S. Flag  ,With The Nazi ,Confederate Flags. Neo Nazi Walking In .American Streets Wearing Nazi Uniforms Carrying The American-Flag,That Seems To Be Support By White People Who Colin Kaepernick....Quarterback Tom Brady Silent As Neo Nazi Was In Boston..White Media Not In Tom Brady Face Asking Him ,Why He Loves Trump. Maybe He Agrees With Trump,Keeping Muslims Out The Country,Putting A Wall Up,Keep Mexicans Out, ,Supports Neo Nazi Walking American Streets Wanting A Race War..Tom Brady Not Asked Why .He  Loves Trump..

Dick Gregory was my contemporary and although i never met him, I feel like i knew him.  I remember when he got his first start at the PlayBoy Club in Chicago.  I followed his career and watched him grow into a star and a civil rights activist.  He  was  an astute social critic who loved his people.  R.I.P. 

When i was in high school, I was a big fan of Jerry Lewis.  His humor was so wacky!  I went to see him on stage once when he appeared at the Chicago Theater.  We fans all crowded around the stage door, trying to get his autograph after one show.  I can't remember how it came about but somehow he got  my address and sent me a little note from Las Vegas with his autograph.  i kept that memento for years but have no idea where it is now.  R.I.P.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 7:30 PM, Cynique said:

We fans all crowded around the stage door, trying to get his autograph after one show.  I can't remember how it came about but somehow he got  my address and sent me a little note from Las Vegas with his autograph.

Wow, what a class act! I never missed a Jerry Lewis movie and now I feel like he was the man I thought he was behind the character.

@Del, do you believe you are senior to Pioneer or was the "young" comment a subtle dig? I won't even address the keeping him in line part.  I'm just pointing out the subtle aggression you express toward him, that I was referenced in the other conversation.  

Hmm... did you also select the word "young," given the recent controversial remarks made by Andy Young? Nah you probably did not go that deep.  B)

Del

I am paying my respects by keeping you in line. Young brother.

Lol......

I see you can take a man out of the "boogie down" but you can't take the boogie out of him.

Troy

do you believe you are senior to Pioneer or was the "young" comment a subtle dig? I won't even address the keeping him in line part. I'm just pointing out the subtle aggression you express toward him, that I was referenced in the other conversation.

I actually didn't take it as aggression.

I took it as a playful attempt to "check" me on my statement with the added age factor that Black men often use on eachother....as in a sense of "schooling" someone younger or less experienced or pulling their coat.
But I believe Del's statement was less about seriously checking me for not paying respects to Jerry and more of a jovial poke.

Besides, if you and Del are around the same age then he is INDEED a little older than me anyway.....lol.

I've said so many times, the English language is too simple to capture the full meaning of social relations in the Black community so as a language it doesn't have words to describe what Del did...lol.

You just have to be Black or grow up in a Black community to completely understand.

Like calling someone "bruh" (as opposed to "bro" or "brutha" )today is considered a subtle act of aggression but most people outside of the Black community don't realize that.

But one day I believe WE WILL either come up with a language or alter the English language in a way that captures our true emotions and intentions and how we really relate to eachother and be able to put it in words.
But it will take BLACK PEOPLE to do that, standard English will not allow it.

• Like 1