True Confessions

I am soul searching wondering if when it comes to the current political climate  i am descending into a state of cognitive dissonance.

Facebook has become a twilight zone for me, exposing me to types of people who i cannot for the life of me change my negative opinion about perhaps because  l defer to my gut feeling instead of my rational brain.   I cannot change my opinion about the  harm religion spawns or can i rein in my revulsion for right-wing fascistic conservatives.  I cannot accept that these hypocrites and racists  are  people with integrity.   Even Liberals have started to turn me off with their  empathy for the neglected, resentful bigots  who put Trump into office.  I have no tolerance for these  deplorables because they plainly are self-absorbed whiners. 

All the requests for the nation to pray for the unfortunate victims of Hurricane Harvey strike me as  silly.  Pray to whom?  Why would an Omnipotent Being allow this disaster to happen and if this being is  "working in mysterious ways", then what good will prayer do?  When  religious people explain that the catastrophe in Texas is god's will,  this is simply a way of  implying that he is punishing the enemies of whomever utters this phrase. To those who think it is the beginning of the end, then, again, i ask: "what good will prayer do"? 

I'm sure all of the people who are responding to this disaster with financial contributions and hands-on aid feel good about themselves for doing this.  Me, i feel terrible for these unlucky people  because they were all at the wrong place at the wrong time.  Their lives have been changed forever and me sending 20 dollars to the Red Cross will not change this.  Life is not fair.  If it was, rich exploitive people like Donald Trump and Joel Osteen would've been swept away in the flooding.  

I fear i am moving past being cynical and evolving into a misanthrope.  Black people exhibit so much stupidity and ignorance on FaceBook that i have lost patience with them.  

Lucky for me, i like solitude and am content  to be alone in the company of myself. Me, myself and i deserve each other, i guess.  But at least  the option of shutting out what has become an annoyance to me is available  Music from the days of yesteryear, and watching documentaries that deal with historical and scientific subjects are great pass-times.  And binge watching past episodes of Game of Thrones is good escapism.  For all of this i am grateful.   

In reaction to my rambling you ask:  "Who cares?"  In response i answer, "I don't know." And i don't really give a damn.  I'm done.

• Like 1

Nonsense you care about truth. And you are brutally honest. No its ugliness that you find repulsive and it is increasingly on display. That's my take.You make me think more or wider about thinking. I am very grateful for that and you. You are the heart, Lady Leo of this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seriously, one of the reasons I don't do much on Facebook is that it gives you a distorted perception of humanity, reality even.  I've spoken to too many people who have told me that they feel worse about themselves simply because everyone else's life looks so much better on Facebook.  If you judged humanity by our collective activity on Facebook, or any social media platform, you would become a misanthrope.

Your ramblings interest me @Cynique, like any good memoir it tells me as much about myself as it does about you.  

I've come the conclusion that we are all just human, flawed creatures, susceptible to manipulation, and doing the best we can with the cards we've been dealt ;)

• Like 1

Black people....especially Black Americans.....just want attention.

Most people want attention, that's human.
But the difference is many of our people are so psychologically damaged and feel so inferior about themselves and are so desparate for attention that they'll do ANYTHING (including kill other people like the Cleveland killer) to get other people to notice them and pay them some attention.

Social media just provides a platform for them to get the attention they crave so much......just like sites like the one Troy's providing is a platform for US to bring attention to our views and thoughts.