Xeon's Ideel Thomas Sowell

In a Sea of Mediocrity

Tom Sowell is a shrimp.

Hey, Tom! How many criminals you think could afford to pay their way out? They are pulling crimes because they are

usually stupid and poor.

http://townhall.com/columnists/ThomasSowell/2010/09/22/penny-wise_on_crime/page/full/

And if he thinks these Missouri Bushwhackers are liberals, he needs to get out of the library sometime--or use one!

Chris, what point(s) in Tom's article do you take issue with?

If one assumed a fair and just criminal justice system I see nothing wrong with Tom's arguement.

While the data shows that the system is indeed stacked against us, that is a different conversation.

Chris, I've read a couple of Thomas Sowell's books and many of his articles, and I've never read anything suggesting that he has any interest in representing Black people.

In any case, I see your feelings regarding Sowell are irrational; and it is therefore pointless to try to have a meaningful exchange on the subject, so I'll leave you to your opinion.

Chris, I've read a couple of Thomas Sowell's books and many of his articles, and I've never read anything suggesting that he has any interest in representing Black people.

Agreed. Sowell has no interest in providing a balanced or even a remote fair assessment of black Americans. He reminds me of Larry Elders. He speaks to the interests of white conservatives and reassures their fears and beliefs. While I personally have no problems with criticism of poor and indefensible black behavior, both Sowell and Elders refuse to give critical commentary on turgid white conservative blather and racist behavior (e.g., Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Tea Party racism, Michele Bachmann, etc...)

In any case, I see your feelings regarding Sowell are irrational; and it is therefore pointless to try to have a meaningful exchange on the subject, so I'll leave you to your opinion.

Thank you. That's a rap........