Black Women Will Never Be Paid What they Deserve

The video below had the title, Monique says 'Girls Trip' was a low budget movie & Will Power Packer is a low budget producer.  Since I just posted information about the success of Girls Trip.  If was surprising to learn that these actresses will not earn what they deserve. "Make 'em famous, not rich."

MoNique-Oscars-winner.jpgThese are the earnings reported by Forbes Magazine for actress from June 2016 to June 2017.

#10 - Amy Adams ($11.5 Million)

#9 - Julia Roberts ($12 Million)
#8 - Cate Blanchett ($12 Million)
#7 - Charllize Theron ($14 Million)
#6 - Emma Watson ($14 Million)
#5 - Mila Kunis ($15.5 Million)
#4 - Melissa McCarthy ($18 Million)
#3 - Jennifer Lawrence ($24 Million)
#2 - Jennifer Aniston ($25.5 Million)
#1 - Emma Stone ($26 Million)

Apparently, no Black actress, including all of the Oscar winners, will come close. 

According to Monique, Oprah Winfrey, Tyler Perry, and Lee Daniels. Are not just complicit but help keep this condition in place.

For perspective, all of these white women made less that the top 10 basketball players (#10, Kyrie Irving earned $30.6MM), all of whom are Black.  This gives you an idea of just how much money the NBA makes.  Something tells me even Lebron James who earned close to $90MM (if memory serves), deserves to earn even more. What are the owners earning.  

• Thanks 1

Hi Troy. Im not sure why Monique still feels the need to bash her "peers" because that is what it feels like to me that she is doing. All the women in that film are well aware of what they make so Im not sure what Monique is trying to accomplish. If there is a pay disparity why not organize a "black" union or something in place of this whining that is feels like she is doing. It makes her look.....like she is hating. Im pretty sure she feels what she is doing is helpful...but.........

Hi @Linda Chavis, I don't see it as hate.  I seems to me that whenever a Black person critiques another Black person the negative connotation of "hate" is applied.  

Essentially Monique is arguing that she, and other critically acclaimed Black female actresses are not paid on par with white actress and that other Black people help perpetuate this situation. One can take issue with Monique's use of language, but the essence of what she was saying is true.  Linda do you (or anyone), disagree with Monique's assessment?

I don't think Monique has the desire or skill to organize the creation of another actor's union. 

• Thanks 1

How many people ARE paid what they actually "deserve" male or female?

I found out a long time ago that you usually are paid what you either DEMAND or are skillfull enough to hustle up on.

Black people need to seriously examine this belief that somehow if they work hard or produce a great product that White people (in Hollywood or elsewhere) will automatically recognize it or their greatness and compensate them for it.

White people aren't divine deities.....they are human beings who shouldn't be expected to give people what they deserve.
Infact, you should EXPECT them to lie and steal your ideas and claim them as their own and be pleasantly surprised if they DON'T, lol.

White people in Hollywood are prone to lying and injustice like everyone else, so expecting them to pay Black excellence what it deserved is naive.

We need to just be greater and greater and improve ourselves for OUR OWN SAKE and compensate OURSELVES however we see fit regardless of what White people think or do.

• Thanks 1