Existentialism dogma

I tried to make certain that I felt alive. I never felt I knew enough to be WTF. I heard a minister say there are three things on our tombstone.

When you're born, a dash, and when you die. You have no control over when you are born or when you die. The only thing you can effect is that little dash in the middle.

We differ
In simpler terms, existentialism is a philosophy concerned with finding self and the meaning of life through free will, choice, and personal responsibility. The belief is that people are searching to find out who and what they are throughout life as they make choices based on their experiences, beliefs, and outlook.

• Thanks 1

I'm the WTF kinda person too...

Right now  - just in this moment because it will most likely change, is this - 

I get the we were born in sin part of the scriptures. 

Humans are cursed with thinking too damn much.  We are so curious ; that our curiosity is killing us and everything around us.   I checked out pictures of capybara and realized that most animals, reptiles, birds, et al are social creatures.  When they see us humans they' probably say  "RUN, the upright- 4-leggeds" are crazy AF...."

I agree, @Cynique,  when I shut off my "why" tape - life is filled with wonder and surprise - just this morning I went out with my pooch - and I saw a bird against the dark skies and the bird (bat) was illuminated.. I betcha you he or his kind never sought to find out why he glows in the dark - they never experimented on him... and said this could come in handy when we try to prolong life even though we will die.. 

He was just chill probably saying in response "Really, I glow you don't say." as he flapped his wings to get away.  

• Thanks 1