A Long Comes Cynique

Yes, it’s me. The Lone Poster. Hi-Ho Silver, here I go. Got my gun cocked ready to take some pot shots. My target? The easiest one in sight. Television.

TV is currently overrun with reality shows, encouraged undoubtedly by the ratings which attest to how voyeuristic viewers have become, seemingly mesmerized by narcissistic airheads whose vicissitudes allow audiences to either empathize with or live vicariously through them. Who needs soap operas or sit-coms when you can watch exhibitionists be their own obnoxious selves. And who can deny that truth is stranger than fiction? Guess it’s easier to observe the bizarre than to read a book. Just ask Snookie. Or Kim.

Of course, the reason Maury’s show endures is that no one ever tires of watching Baby Daddys being outed or exonerated. If an alien visitor ever game to Earth and saw nothing but this show, he would conclude that females of the black species are born with a compulsion to have babies, much to the dismay of males of the black species who seemingly can’t figure of out how babies are made, even as they rejoice over mistaken paternity, and their mortified accusers streak off the set in hysterics. Better luck next time, Shenequa.

Then there are the game shows. They give great insight into the idiocy that is second nature to the average person, providing a clue as to why the masses are so gullible when it comes to picking their leaders. “Family Feud”, for instance, has been around for decades, frequently changing hosts but never its format. The contestants who appear on this show are expected to match answers to questions asked of a 100 people surveyed, something which seems to challenge their reasoning. The obvious responses invariably elude them as they blurt out far-fetched guesses drawn from their own personal experiences, confident in their choice as their maniacal teammates enthusiastic encourage them with shouts of “good answer”, 2 words that couldn’t be further from the truth. When it comes time for the jackpot round, nothing is more redemptive than than watching the 2 geniuses chosen to earn the grand prize deflate as their stupid answers draw a zero punctuated by a loud buzz, and a final score of, - say, 25 out of a possible 100 sends them away with their tail between their legs. Steve Harvey is the latest host of this show and even HE is sometimes rendered speechless by this nonsense.

Talk shows also continue to attract loyal audiences. Naturally, Oprah is the queen. Day in and day out she holds court, her hair her crown, as gushing guest stars pay homage to her, and dysfunctional damsels dab at their eyes, dutifully listening while “O” dispenses the insipid advice that invited experts don’t dare contradict. “No one can complete you”, she tells everybody. “You have to love yourself before you can love anybody else”, she insists. Nobody in her presence has the courage to dispute this, or suggest that everybody needs a yin to their yang and that loving yourself can evolve into the self-absorbtion that turns others off. Poor Steadman.

Not to be out done, Whoopi Goldberg, does her clown act everyday on “The View“, peering over her granny glasses, stiff dreadlocks framing her rubbery face. Everybody is expected to shut up when she demands their undivided attention so she can pontificate, - her comments about as enlightening as yesterday’s newspaper. Watta bore.

There was a time when every show has its token Black. Now they all have their token gay person. Personally, I’m tired of all these celebrities who rub your nose in their gayness, referring to their same sex partners as their “husband” or “wife” Puleeze. Yeah, we know you were born that way, but you’re still an aberration. If you weren’t, you could replicate yourselves and your coupling could produce offspring, and you wouldn’t have to be adopting kids who will grow up repressing their embarrassment. Stop comparing your pity parties to the Black struggle and get over yourselves. Quit trying to make heterosexuals feel that they are at fault. There’s nothing wrong with straight people. You’re the crooked ones who are queer.

And while I'm offending groups, I think I’ll take on the Muslims. The prejudices they inspire don’t make them the new “niggers”, either. Like Gays, they can blend in if they so choose, plus they have their own distinct culture. And they are just as hypocritical as Christians, not to mention how repressed their women folk are. Islam has been out to get even with Christianity ever since the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition. Building a mosque in the shadow of the 911’s ground zero is nothing but gloating, and all these PC people know it.

I’m done. Except to say that I hope every Tea Party candidate running for office gets burned and goes down in flames. Defeated.

And while I'm offending groups, I think I’ll take on the Muslims. The prejudices they inspire don’t make them the new “niggers”, either. Like Gays, they can blend in if they so choose, plus they have their own distinct culture. And they are just as hypocritical as Christians, not to mention how repressed their women folk are. Islam has been out to get even with Christianity ever since the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition. Building a mosque in the shadow of the 911’s ground zero is nothing but gloating, and all these PC people know it.

(Boy, that was a disgusting display of ignorance and bigotry. If it hadn't been you, I'd be surprised.

In the meantime, you might brush up on your grammar and spelling "A Long" or "Along"?

YOU CAN'T SPELL GOOD ENOUGH TO REPRESENT THE COLORED FOLKS!

And finally the main reason they have all these reality shows on tv is because they are very cheap to produce.

And they work. You have been--and, no doubt are now--watching them with bated breath even though you know better.

My advice?

This is a BOOK site. Find you a good book to read.

I been doing that and watching movies.

You need to get you some good Takashi Miike movies on dvd and chill!

I made "Along" two words, as a hint that my post was a lengthy one. "A Long Comes Cynique" was a play on words, something which apparently went over the head of an obtuse Dummy like you.

And I was not looking for explanations in regard to what appears on TV because I recognize the obvious motivation of the producers. I did acknowledge that reality shows garner high ratings. I was simply making fun of what passes for entertainment nowadays. And if I was searching for any insight into pop culture, you'd be the last person whose opinion I'd value.

Furthermore, nobody asked for your stupid advice, Chrishayden, so don't tell me what I need to do. I'm enjoying life, doing exactly what I want to do which is to watch TV when I'm not reading or surfing the net. I am admittedly prejudiced when it comes to Islam so I exercised my right to hold erroneous opinions about this religion which, like many others, I find stifling, vindictive and corrupted.

Also, in case you hadn't noticed after all of this time, this site has expanded its focus and I posted my comments under the "Culture, Race and Economy" category. Since days had passed with no entries here, I decided to fill the void with some musings. You, with your usual lack of perspective, took me seriously, deciding that I needed to be lectured to. Put a sock in it, you clueless bozo.

Well Cynique, you are witnessing a culture in decline. We already know the next generation will be less healthy, less educated and less wealthy. We are really making a mess of things.

I just posted a review of the film Waiting for Superman which talks about the crisis in American education. It is quite astonishing that in 2010 we are trying to figure out how to educate our children.

The "quality" of television reflects the sensibilities of your typical viewer. Television created for the masses will only get worse over time.

Reading and writing for pleasure are lost arts. Even something you all take for granted, like posting on this board (relating ideas using the written word), is probably something that the average person could not do.

Well Cynique, you are witnessing a culture in decline. We already know the next generation will be less healthy, less educated and less wealthy. We are really making a mess of things.

I just posted a review of the film Waiting for Superman which talks about the crisis in American education. It is quite astonishing that in 2010 we are trying to figure out how to educate our children.

The "quality" of television reflects the sensibilities of your typical viewer. Television created for the masses will only get worse over time.

Reading and writing for pleasure are lost arts. Even something you all take for granted, like posting on this board (relating ideas using the written word), is probably something that the average person could not do.

This is so sad yet so true...........

Gee, Guys, I was just poking fun at TV, singling out certain shows to ridicule, as opposed to making a blanket condemnation of this medium. Television is, after all, a form of entertainment and does actually have something for everyone. There is quality TV available for discriminating viewers. Most important of all, is that people are free to not watch TV and can instead spend their free time worrying about the real woes of the world.

I guess Cynique, while you were merely poking fun. You were inadvertently exposing a truth that, seemingly most people are ignoring: Rome is burining and we are getting fat watching reality TV and suckling at Oprahs bosom.

Social Security will be fully funded as long as you need it. I'll be greeting shoppers at WalMart or checking IDs at a strip club.

The people you came up with that earned only HS diplomas were better educated that the morons running around now with college degrees.

But hey, I'll probably be gone before it really hits that fan -- at least I hope so.

This is so sad yet so true...........

(I can't figure it out.

From what I can see, most Americans are a bunch of retards.

Yet somehow the education system is supposed to make the descendents of knuckle dragging degenerates into geniuses.

If the kids are stupid you can look to the parents.

THE APPLE DON'T FALL FAR FROM THE TREE!

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe.

just posted a review of the film Waiting for Superman which talks about the crisis in American education. It is quite astonishing that in 2010 we are trying to figure out how to educate our children.

(This film is a bullshit advertisment for the Charter Schools Industry which is not producing kids with much better scores than public schools.

Here in St. Louis, the Charter Schools hire kids just out of college without teaching certificates. The teachers have to buy books and pencils out of their pockets. If they complain they are fired (they have no unions) if parents complain their kids are tossed out.

The schools keep all the money they have sucked out of the system.

In the end, after they have failed, the companies that ran them shut down, get out of town, having made a healthy profit, and start all over again.

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT JUST ROBBED US BLIND ON WALL STREET!

I guess the public is so stupid maybe they deserve it.

I made "Along" two words, as a hint that my post was a lengthy one. "A Long Comes Cynique" was a play on words, something which apparently went over the head of an obtuse Dummy like you.

And I was not looking for explanations in regard to what appears on TV because I recognize the obvious motivation of the producers. I did acknowledge that reality shows garner high ratings. I was simply making fun of what passes for entertainment nowadays. And if I was searching for any insight into pop culture, you'd be the last person whose opinion I'd value.

Furthermore, nobody asked for your stupid advice, Chrishayden, so don't tell me what I need to do. I'm enjoying life, doing exactly what I want to do which is to watch TV when I'm not reading or surfing the net. I am admittedly prejudiced when it comes to Islam so I exercised my right to hold erroneous opinions about this religion which, like many others, I find stifling, vindictive and corrupted.

Also, in case you hadn't noticed after all of this time, this site has expanded its focus and I posted my comments under the "Culture, Race and Economy" category. Since days had passed with no entries here, I decided to fill the void with some musings. You, with your usual lack of perspective, took me seriously, deciding that I needed to be lectured to. Put a sock in it, you clueless bozo.

(Oh. HAHAHAHAHAHA! BTW, if you have to explain a joke, it is a failure.

Funny as a crutch, Cynique!)

Furthermore, nobody asked for your stupid advice, Chrishayden, so don't tell me what I need to do

(When I get through with you, you will be waiting everyday by the mailbox for my detailed instructions. Pages and pages of them.

All I shall require of thee is thy soul--)

I am admittedly prejudiced when it comes to Islam so I exercised my right to hold erroneous opinions about this religion which, like many others, I find stifling, vindictive and corrupted.

(Troy and all you others, when you wonder why we're in the shape we are in, look no further than this one.

Here is a woman, who has twisted and brainwashed at least four generations of Black people, who admits she don't even know what is going on next door to her in Chicago but feels she is qualified to comment on a religion thousands of years old and countries on the other side of the world.

JESUS! IF YOU COMIN BACK HURRY UP BEFORE THE NEGROES SCREW IT ALL UP!)

I never said anything about the title of my post being a "joke". I said it was a pun. And it's obvious that things do have to be explained to a "clueless bozo" like you, Chrishayden.

As for my prejudices against Islam, it's a free country. I can dislike this religion if I choose to and I don't have to apologize or justify this. The jehad is what impassions the foes of America in the wars being fought in Iraq and Afghanstan and this dates back to the Crusades. In any case, an intolerant hypocritical Christian like you should empathize with my stance, since the opinions you try to pass off as facts reek with your biasness. I also noticed that you didn't go into detail, when trying to refute my misconceptions about Muslims.

And I am as much aware of what's going on in Chicago as anybody else. The city is in a state of chaotic turmoil, something you would know, if you kept up with the news.

We do need to thank Jesus for giving most people enough sense to dismiss the idiotic rantings of a misfiring loose cannon like you, Chrissy.