richardmurray

Making a NAtive New York State

Man.....

I haven't been in Harlem in YEARS.
Is it still even MOSTLY Black?

For years some of my friends in New York tell me about gentrification and how many White people are moving to Harlem but the previous time I went there the streets were STILL packed with negroes with big muscles bouncing up and down the sidewalks and sisters with dreadlocks selling sheabutter.....lol.

You talk about Black power and Black representation in New York......

The problem that I immediately saw even the first time I went to Harlem was that you have a lot of Black people there who don't even CLASSIFY themselves as Black!
Thousands of Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Jamaicans, and other West Indians who may be Black as tar but don't identify with being Black or AfroAmerican.

That hinders progress right there because nearly half of your own people don't want to indentify with you or even eachother and we know that much power is in unity.....not division.

You can have Puerto Ricans or Dominicans all chilling at a stand but if a Black man who DOESN'T speak Spanish goes to sit down....they all stop talking and stare him down.....like they WANT to give him a beat down.
And he BETTER NOT look like he want to holler at a Latina female....lol.

And often times it's the light skinned Latinos who are LEADING the darker and Black Latinos to fight against their AfroAmerican brothers.

I blame Black New Yorkers (Troy stand up....lol) for this problem because we should MAKE SURE that Black immigrants who come to this nation clearly understand who they are and where they stand in this nation and don't give them the option of NOT associating with us.

Our strength lays heavily in our unity and we can't have millions of us divided over religion, culture, what island we come from ect......

So the first step is gaining power is in uniting the ENTIRE BLACK POPULATION of New York City or atleast Uptown and parts of The Bronx and Brooklyn/Queens that are still predominately Black or AfroLatino and making them understand that we are all of African descent and share being victimized by racism no matter which nation we came from.

And that's just step 1.

If you are speaking about the largest groups, then the population of nonblacks in harlem is larger than blacks but if you are speaking about phenotype alone, then blacks are the largest group. The change is that in the past we were not only the largest phenotypical race but we had a larger populace than all other phenotype combined. today non black together has an equal if not larger populace. 

strong positions, concerning black empowerment in new york city and by extension new york state. The black community in the usa,or the larger american continent, historically has never been united in one cultural framework, from its own doing. 

My point is, the native american has suffered more than any other and the usa or the states that composite it were created on their pain first and foremost. So, if people want to solve problems in the usa, then solve the oldest problem. I am black, some native americans are black, but native americans from any phenotype need to be given the honor they were murdered from centuries ago. And, the constitutional convention as an event is the one time a state in the union can say, lets go back to the beginning, lets stop trying to make better what is by default dysfunctional. lets start the way it should had started and that was in native americans favor. everyone else in the usa is an immigrant outside native americans. aztec/maya come from central america or southern lands. most black folk come from other lands. most white folk come from other lands. most yellow folk come from other lands. so my idea, is to begin a state government focused on the people who are native and then spread out. Focus away from phenotypical races, labeled commonly as:  white/black/yellow/mestizo/mullato/brown/red people and focus on geographic races, primarily, native, and disregard 95% of the populace to the usa or new york state who are from immigrant/enslaved/migrant populaces. 

Richard

So basically what you're saying is that in Harlem today those who are PHENOTYPICALLY BLACK.....meaning that if they were born in the United States and raised in an English speaking culture you wouldn't be able to tell them from other AfroAmericans.....are STILL the majority.

This is what I figured.

So what I said in my previous post remains.

All people of African descent must unite on their African heritage and recognize themselves as AfroAmericans.

And like you incinuated, Haitians, Jamaicans, most Dominicans, and a very large percentage of Puerto Ricans ARE INDEED AFROAMERICANS TOO!
The Carribean Islands are part of LATIN AMERICA and NORTH AMERICA so they....just like Canadians and Mexicans are Americans even though they may not be United States citizens.

So those of them that share our phenotype need to know that just like us THEY are Black or atleast AfroAmericans.

"The black community in the usa,or the larger american continent, historically has never been united in one cultural framework, from its own doing. "

They aren't united, but I'm not sure if it's from OUR own doing.
I think White Supremacists PURPOSELY SEPARATED US based on culture, religion, and land.

Not only did the Spanish and English and Portuguese separate Africans from eachother based on their own nationality, but even WITHIN their own national cultures they caused divisions to exist among African peoples based on skin color, male/female relationships, religion, ect...

"
My point is, the native american has suffered more than any other and the usa or the states that composite it were created on their pain first and foremost. So, if people want to solve problems in the usa, then solve the oldest problem."

I believe that the Native Americans have suffered and ARE suffering perhaps more than any other race.
I also believe that any true solution and reparations for what happened in the Americas MUST include compensating them properly and justly.
I don't believe Whites will do this but I believe Blacks can and will do this.

But before Black people can help ANYONE else as a group, I think we need to get our own act together and help ourselves.

"I am black, some native americans are black, but native americans from any phenotype need to be given the honor they were murdered from centuries ago."

I've heard that some Native Americans are Black.
I know that MOST of these very light and White people running around CALLING themselves Native American aren't really Native American.
I also know that Black people CAME to the Americas centuries before Columbus.

But my understanding is that:

1. Most of the Native Americans are of a phenotype of brown skin and straight black hair.
Meaning they are all of one racial type...not several.

2. The Black peoples who WERE in the Americas before Columbus and the Europeans came were clearly of a SEPARATE race despite the fact that they were welcomed and blended in culturally.

Would my understanding be correct?

And if it's not.....what PROOF do we have to the contrary?

"everyone else in the usa is an immigrant outside native americans. aztec/maya come from central america or southern lands."

I agree that Blacks, Whites, and Yellows are of another race.....but aren't the Aztecs and Mayans of the SAME race as the Native Americans (Cherokee, Iroquois, Arawak, etc....) of the United States?

The phenotype is basically the same for all of the original peoples of both North and South America.

Your point you made is positive or functional or true, i am only focused on the native american in the issue though.  I was not trying to oppose what you said. 

Yes, true, It is historical fact that non white/non european peoples have suffered most from european whites in the past five centuries at least globally 

I don't think the future for black people in the usa at least is a straight line. the scenario is very bent in general for the black community in the usa, and moreso today than ever before. 

Native Americans like Native Africans/Asians/Europeans have a common phenotype  but all geographic races have all phenotypical races in them. The separation is based on percentage, from environment/lineage Some eskimos look japanese and do not have japanese lineage. 

Native Americans have so many peoples near extinction at one point or another it is unfair to consider purity or one drop rules. To be blunt, most native peoples are extinct, which means so many died in a particular tribe that the remaining people could only absorb themselves into the other populaces. Geronimo said it best, though i paraphrase, if he didn't stop fighting the navajo wouldn't exist. So, I accept their situation for what it is. Remember, nearly the entire child populace to native americans was boarded schooled by whites, with the purpose to delete the native from them, that damage is extensive. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.