Racial issues in America is a conversation White people need to have with each other.

I will not waste any of my precious time on this planet explaining humanity to racial aggressors. None. They will need to sort it out amongst themselves.  In the meantime I will live life, associate with human beings who are secure with who/what they are, go where I feel welcome and avoid where I don't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hear you both, but we can simply live are lives.  If you engage with the world--they are constantly assaulted us in a myriad of ways.  And when I say "they" I don;t mean all white folks or even a majority of them.  I'm talking about the plutocracy, who treat poor an middle class white folks like crap too.  The dot com bubble, the real estate meltdown, hyperincareation, drugs, affect them too.  Sure Black folks are adversely impacted disproportionately, but making this an issue of race is why these problems can't be fixed. 

Racism is an invention of the ultra-rich to keep us fighting with each other rather than dealing with our real enemy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Troy I agree. And it's time for more people to do the heavy lifting. I honestly thought at my age (49) I'd never see as many white americans fight as vigorously and publicly against racism and intolerance. Certainly never thought I'd see a black president. So there's progress being made, for sure. But it has always about race. I'm reminded of that everyday. I can't help folks with their racism and don't think it's my job.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For the first time in AALBC history I agree with Delano 100%.

It must have been that Solar Eclipse or something....lol.

Racism is a problem WHITE PEOPLE need to discuss with EACHOTHER because it's a problem that....outside of Divine influence.....only they can solve for themselves.

We can talk about it among ourselves or to White people for centuries and it still wouldn't change anything.
Black people have only a limited ability to eliminate racism because it's not coming from US but from THEM....so they have to change themselves.

We can PROTECT ourselves from the effects of racism.
One of the ways to do this is to take control of our communities and provide housing, employment, food, health care, and other necessities and luxuries for ourselves so that we aren't beholden to Whites for them.

But that will only have a minor effect on the MIND SET or ATTITUDE of Whites toward us.

LIke Malcolm told the White student who said she wanted to help him, he said if you want to help me then go to YOUR PEOPLE and influence them.

If White people are truly interested in ending racism then THEY must confront the racists and White supremists among themselves and have a civil war to end it.

And that will be one of the GREATEST WARS that has ever been fought in the history of humanity.

• Like 1