Seeking Book Review: Trusting the Currents

Guest Lynnda Pollio

Guest Lynnda Pollio

Hi:

I never expected to be a writer until I started hearing the voice of a Southern, African American woman. With her first words, “It’s not what happened to me that matters,” I felt compelled to share rememberings of her teenage years, and the wisdom revealed throughout the book.

Narrated by Addie Mae Aubrey, with my own experience bookending the story, Trusting the Currents is a journey of self-discovery and the uneasy search for one’s place in life. Beginning at age eleven with the arrival of beautiful, mysterious cousin Jenny and her shadowy stepfather, Uncle Joe, Trusting the Currents explores Addie Mae’s reluctant awakening. As Jenny, the story’s mystical center introduces Addie Mae to the spiritual world, a caring teacher, Miss Blanchard, guides Addie Mae with the power of reading. Romantic love enters her life for the first time with Rawley, and we experience how Addie Mae’s emerging sense of self compels her to a life-altering decision. Unfathomable loss and rising trust in the “Invisibles” not only transforms Addie Mae’s budding life, but led to my own spiritual awakening.

Trusting the Currents is a spiritual novel that guides readers into their own truth and transformation. I indie-published because after 10 years of writing it, the book wanted to be out in the world and, honestly, I didn’t think anyone would publish a debut spiritual novel by a middle-aged white woman, telling the story of a black girl and her family. I understand how strange this may seem but no one has had more influence in my life than Addie Mae. And I feel like I was put on the planet to bring Trusting the Currents into the world. I would appreciate feedback on the book from this audience. Trusting the Currents has won twelve literary awards and currently garners 76 beautiful Amazon reviews with a 4.8 average. Bookbub selected Trusting the Currents to be Featured Deal on November 6, 2017 in African American interests.

So I am seeking a review if someone here feels drawn to Addie Mae and Trusting the Currents. Sorry, but I couldn't figure out how to insert the cover image. Thank you for considering.

Below are links to my website and Amazon page.

https://www.amazon.com/Trusting-Currents-Lynnda-Pollio/dp/0989195309/

http://lynndapollio.com/

Amazon ISBN: 0989195309/

In Gratitude, Lynnda