CAREFREE

In the twilight of my years, there are a lot of things about which i've been trying to not let my baser instincts prevail. But lately, i have become inundated with current events that i am just not compatible with or sympathetic about. In my ongoing search for the truth, i have begun to look inward and if i am to be honest, i have no choice but to confess that i am descending into a state of "i don't give a damnism".  i am not proud of this but the truth is not always pretty and, in my case, there are many things that have neutralized my humanity and no longer inspire my concern. 

Where to begin?  What don't i give a damn about?  Well, i don't care about the plight of Muslim immigrants or Hispanic illegals.  i don't care about feminists and their shrill complaints about sexual harassment.  i don't care about the ambiguous  Black Lives Matter movement.  i don't care about the opioid epidemic. i don't care about the Las Vegas mass murders.  i don't care about manipulation of corporate America. i don't care about anything pertaining to celebrities. i don't care about any black actor or author who has an African surname.  i don't care about the america flag or the country that it flies over. 

More specifically, why should i care about clannish Muslims, hovering in their little enclaves, their women claiming to not be submissive while dutifully wearing head coverings?  Why shold i care about hard-working Mexicans speaking Spanish and implicitly scorning lazy blacks.  Neither one of these group have ever bonded with black people in their struggle but instead just want to avail themselves of a better life they hope America will provide. Why should I care about this "me too" mania of white women and their phony newly-found male supporters who formerly looked the other way and shrugged, all jumping on the bandwagon pointing their fingers as if dirty ol men haven't always been around propositioning females, many of whom took them up on their offers.  Not to mention the ambitious aggressive seducers using their wiles to get what they wanted from men.  None of this is new to long-suffering black women who are not held in high esteem like fragile, intimidated white women.  Why should i care about the floundering BLM movement which has been taken over by inept self-serving leaders putting out a message that is being blatantly ignored?  Why should i care about the opioid crises and its white suburban victims any more than whites cared about the crack epidemic that devastated black ghettos. Why should i care about the Las Vegas terrorist shootings, white-on-white crime instead of white-on-black killings at the hands of police terrorism?  Why should i waste time caring about Amazon and FaceBook and other mega capitalists who exploit the powerless masses of every color? Why should i care about the baby bumps and hook-ups and excesses in the shallow ranks of the rich and famous?  Why should i rejoice about the success of Africans living in this country who reap all the benefits that American-born blacks fought and died for, smug pervasive late comers with strange names who haven't paid their dues? Why should i care about that star spangled rag that is the symbol of red genocide, black enslavement, and white entitlement.  Or about the BS country that this besmirched banner represents.  Why should i care indeed? i have better things to occupy myself with. 

Do i sound like a bitter black woman, lacking in compassion?  Can i regard life as a big joke and be bitter at the same time? :D 

• Thanks 2

Do i sound like a bitter black woman, lacking in compassion?

No, you sound indifferent for the most part and a bit irritated that the issues you brought up are getting so much undeserved attention.

Perhaps you may have a few health issues.
If so, THAT may be where your real concern and focus is and all the other crap going on in the news will seem like trivial in comparison to something that actually affects you in a direct personal way.

Perhaps you're really missing loved ones who have passed and that frustration makes the current events of this world seem rather dull and mundane without them being here to witness these events with you and share there input.

Or perhaps you've seen so much of "this world" that you've become jaded with it and now are ready for something NEW and exciting.....like a major world war or authentic extraterrestrial invasion....to liven things up.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cynique said:

Do i sound like a bitter black woman, lacking in compassion?

@Cynique , Nope!  You sound like a wise woman who's witnessed a lot.   And now you have the opportunity to watch this big sh*t show brought to us by a reality TV show performer.  Or you can tune out too...

I used to think Gil Scott Heron prophecy of " the revolution won't be televised" as something profound.  Now I see it's simply because there won't be one. We're not going out with a bang...just a petering out.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I could see why you may feel like a "bitter Black woman lacking compassion," but I don't see it that way. If you were totally devoid of compassion you would not have bothered sharing your thoughts.  Rather I think that you are a mature human being telling her truth.

I'd be willing to bet that most people don't care about the things you mentioned. We are bombarded with so much it is hard to care about any--at least not until it effects you and then it is usually too late...

I trust that at some point we will put our focus more on what people your age have to say @Cyniquerather than the twenty-somethings, and dysfunctional older people, who get all the media's attention.  Maybe in that world people your age would feel more invested in what happens after they are gone and everyone else would benefit as a result.

While most of the people who read what you write will not acknowledge it, you do have an audience who benefits from your thoughts.  Hopefully you won't become too bitter to sharing them here.

• Thanks 3

I'm finding it interesting, that when i express "unpopular" opinions here and on FaceBook, there are always a few who speak up and confide, that i am just verbalizing what many people think.  So it is occurring to me that since  most of what i said in my "carefree" vent, is a rejection of political correctness,  political correctness bears closer analysis because it is a double-edge sword. It charges people to exorcise their personal prejudices and conform to what is considered civility when dealing with their fellow human beings.  Since we are all flawed individuals, and human nature is difficult to suppress, people become conflicted about thinking one thing and saying another. This is what has spawned a polite society that is separate from the real world. 

In the real world people like me remind ourselves that we should live and let live, but we still, for example, cringe when we see public displays of affection among same-sex couples.  We still think the word "retarded" is a legitimate one when referring to "mentally challenged" people. We still prefer mothers  to not nurse their babies in public or to at least cover their breast when doing so.  We still think that  dressing provocatively is sending signals to men, since women who show off their physical assets are presumably not trying to appeal to other women. We still think trans-gendered people are weird. We still wish black folks wouldn't make it so hard to defend them because of the stupid things they do. I could go on and on. But these are all private opinions we harbor while publicly hating Donald Trump because in the big picture he and his supporters are our worst nightmare.

It is becoming clear that this political correctness specter played a significant role in the last presidential election.  Trump's followers were tired of high-minded liberals dictating who and what they should accept.   And now  these deplorable bigots are happy because they are free to be themselves. Meanwhile liberals are unhappy because their "inclusiveness" formula couldn't dissolve the electoral college.  

In the ongoing battle between Liberals and Conservatives, the right-wingers are presently in control.  Why?  Because our esteemed ex-president Obama and his scrupulous wife,  set the pace by going "high" when the Republicans went "low".  A credo that seems to permeate the liberal philosophy.  Pundit Bill Maher says "screw" this. Democrats need to take off the gloves and fight dirty, too. The only option is to be patient. Political dominance goes in cycles, and the minority party invariably makes a comeback.  Meanwhile, the voting public alternates between polite society and the real world, struggling to do what is right instead of what is natural.     

The truth is a bitch.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 3:12 PM, Cynique said:

In the real world people like me remind ourselves that we should live and let live,

@Cynique  Yes!  (or as they say on twitter "image-7.png 

I get so excited when folks live their truth! Not what society expect of them  -but what they feel is right for them in the moment... We have enough of folks doing their best trying to fit in .   When we have people doing to suit themselves - it allows the rest of us to figure out what is true for us..

Reading your words allowed me to check my own barometer... where I stand.  I believe this may be true for a lot of us - all it takes is for one to speak up - and we are all freed.  

Cynique

there are always a few who speak up and confide, that i am just verbalizing what many people think.

Funny.....

This is the SAME thing Donald Trump says....lol.

It is becoming clear that this political correctness specter played a significant role in the last presidential election. Trump's followers were tired of high-minded liberals dictating who and what they should accept. And now these deplorable bigots are happy because they are free to be themselves. Meanwhile liberals are unhappy because their "inclusiveness" formula couldn't dissolve the electoral college.

In the ongoing battle between Liberals and Conservatives, the right-wingers are presently in control.

Under the system of White Supremacy there IS NO "liberal and conservative"...
Just like there is no Democrat or Republican.

These are just con-games that they're playing to fool the public.

There is only one party/system.....the system of racism.

These issues are put out to confuse Black people and other people of color.

Get THEM to fighting eachother over ridiculous ideologies.

If you notice, the Black conservative fights harder for so-called "conservative" or traditional values than even the White conservative does and will argue with Black people all day and night over policies that HE/SHE didn't even make but got from a White Republican.

But while the Black Republican and Democrat are going at eachother's throats....the White Republican and White Democrat are playing golf together at the same country club!

While the Black Christian is arguing with the Black Muslim in America or fighting eachother in Nigeria......the White Christian is doing business with the White Jew and marrying the White atheist!

Most of these religious and political ideologies were and are being put out to confuse and divide people.

Meanwhile the HEADS of these various groups and organizations are all at the top working together to share the wealth and power with eachother.