Questions for Cynique, Mel, and anyone else who can answer them.....

Image result for fed up Black man

What is it about White men that you two love so much?

I mean...seriously?

If you look at this board, most of the men....Black men...are complaining about what White men are doing to the world.
Now granted, Troy hasn't come out and said "White men" have done such and such.
But he DOES complain about the problems of Wall Street, and Jeff Bezos and others who are White who he feels is making problems in the world.

But YOU TWO...........

You ladies RARELY talk about White people being racist and the problems racism is causing.

Instead you speak in vague GENERAL terms that seem to implicate EVERYBODY like:

"Oh the world is in trouble."
"Look at all this poverty and hunger"
"My my my what is life all about, why doesn't society accept people being who they are"

You want to include EVERYBODY in problems that have their origins in being caused by a specific group of people.
And to make matters worse, you'll turn around and run to the SAME people who caused the damn problems.....looking to THEM for a solution!
For example.....

Mel does a video about poverty where she's hyping a movie by some White man from France as if HE has the solution.

Cynique is publishing videos of various White men with dreamt up philosophies as if THEY have somehow uncovered the meaning of life.

I'm making this an issue because what I'm seeing with you two is indicative of what is happening in the Black community in general.
Black men seem to recognize racism as being a major problem and few Black men have problems pointing this out.
But too many Black women DO NOT see racism as a problem...they see BLACK MEN as the problem!
And they'll make every excuse in the world to blame and criticize the Black man while either ignoring White men who cause these problems or actually seeing the White man as the problem SOLVER who will rectify everything.

Now am I mistaken?
Am I deluded?
Is this all in my own mind?
Or has anyone else noticed this "unshakable faith" that so many...not just Black women...but women of color in general  STILL have in White men to solve all of their problems?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Now am I mistaken?
Am I deluded?
Is this all in my own mind

Yes, yes, yes.  For somebody who is so slavishly devoted to this country and who constantly chides me about hating it, why would you ask this silly question? It should be obvious that i hate all white men of Trump's ilk and am indifferent to the rest of them who populate and run this BS country. Plus you had a fit because i backed Colin Kaepernick; guess he wasn't black enough for you. 

i happen to be interested in esoteric subjects and ancient wisdom.  Besides Franz Fanon i don't know of any black men in these fields.

• Like 1

@Pioneer1

20 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Now am I mistaken?
Am I deluded?
Is this all in my own mind?
Or has anyone else noticed this "unshakable faith" that so many...not just Black women...but women of color in general  STILL have in White men to solve all of their problems?

@Pioneer1

Have you even read anything I've written?   Remember me, “the overachiever” you once called me? I find solutions to my own problems.   Nope, I’m not a damsel in distress looking for a knight...

So, what the heck are you talking about?  If you haven't watched the documentary "End of Poverty? then we can't have a conversation about it...

As for the rest, you're the one who seems to be in love with white men.  You give them all the credit for all that's wrong in the world. You are the one who speaks about "white supremacy" as if it’s enough to impact the lives of 6+ billion lives on this planet. And you're the one who wants to be the premier authority on white supremacy. 

I don't give white folks credit for anything. Ok, sometimes I blame an individual white person for some of the shenanigans.   I will, however, give credit to individuals who are focused on making this world a better place for all to live in. Their color doesn’t matter to me.

But back to this idea that I look to white men as saviors.  Remember all the stats I posted about President Barack Obama's administration?  Yes, his mom was from Kansas, but I admire him... You on the other hand talked down the first black (biracial) president of the United States. 

... But if you've reviewed anything I've written here; if you were really paying attention, you’d see a pattern of those I admire most are black women, then women of color, then women... I find us fascinatingly strong and game changers and have been since the dawn of modern civilization.  So, if there's anyone who is going to save us, my money is on black women.  Not being racist or a misandrist, I just believe black women are fabulous. Then black men because, well, we create them, then give birth to them and raise them.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Cynique said:

Besides Franz Fanon i don't know of any black men in these fields.

@Cynique  Thank you for sharing Franz Fanon.  I hadn't heard of him.  Have you heard of Edward Bruce Bynum, PhD - I found  Dr. Bynum after he commented on an "Experiment" (crowdfunding website) where one of my BTHS classmates was doing an experiment on dreams. 

From her response  to him, I learned Dr. Bynum is well-researched in the field of consciousness.  I have two of his books - but they are so dense -I had to put them aside so that I could finish projects related to my livelihood.    Dark Light Consciousness - Melanin, Serpent Power and the Luminous Matrix of Reality is one book and The African Unconscious: Roots of Ancient Mysticism and Modern Psychology is the other.   I've started the first one and read the foreword on the latter and both are mind-blowing.

• Like 2

@Pioneer1What a lame rebuttal.  Maybe you should do a little listening, yourself.  You sulked about what you falsely perceived as Mel and i being enamored of white men,  and we gave you answers to debunk your notion.  She and i subsequently exchanged information about black men who are prominent in the esoteric disciplines that we are interested in and it goes over your head.  Because you are mired down in tired ol theories of your own making about the black mystique and white dominance, you think we have an obligation to align  our interests with yours,  accept your gospel,  and abandon our pursuit of what appeals to and stimulates our imaginations.  Speaking for myself, this ain't gonna happen.  

• Thanks 1

Cynique

My response....or lack there of....stems from my realization of something that I've suspected for months now.

No matter what I post, how powerful the argument, regardless as to how persuasive it is you two probably would acknowledge it as being a valid anyway, let alone agree with it or concede to it.

No one is ALWAYS wrong.
An imbecile, a deranged demented old man, even a schizophrenic is right SOMETIMES even in their twisted thinking.
So anytime I run into people who rarely if EVER agree with anything I say......it has less to do with race or politics and more to do with personality.

I'm beginning to wake up now.
It took some time because when I interact with other Black people I'm usually so optimistic that I don't see THEM the way they may see ME.....so I'm always looking for unity and searching for validation of ideas.

But once it's been made clear to me.....

Del

Pioneer shouldn't your meme be wearing a dashiki?

....and shouldn't YOU be wearing this white skull cap to go with that white towel laying across your neck?

Image result for white skull cap   17951826_10154763601289440_2139838942195712103_n.jpg.0df6447c959c5f314de222f612f67a92.jpg

They go together you know...lol.

@Pioneer1  So you think that because Mel and I defended ourselves against what you, yourself, conceded may  just be your imagination, and which you subsequently didn't refute because you couldn't come up with a rebuttal that held water, except to say in effect, that we are picking on you because we don't share your interests. And it's presumptuous of you to get indignant because we don't.  Are you in any way guilty of bringing on yourself what you accuse us of doing? 

As far as i'm concerned, my disagreeing with your opinions does not necessarily make you wrong. it's more about your interpretations just not  grabbin me and i don't feel the need to humor you by saying they do.  I'm sure both lurkers and posters find many points of disagreement with me.  But i don't require everybody to defer to my cynical opinions and observations and - don't care if they don't.  You might consider toughening up your skin and stop trying to dictate what i should be engrossed in at this stage of my life.  I am not Afro-centric and i'm sick of wasting my time dwelling on the entrenched white power structure and how it affects black people; your favorite subjects.

• Like 1

Mel

Nothing is "weird" about a man who hates the fact that the women of his own race/ethnic group are more in love with and find White men more stimulating than him.

White men and even men of other races have STARTED WARS over the very same thing.

It's called JEALOUSY...and I admit I'm JEALOUS of how so many White men have captivated Black women in a way I haven't been able to do yet.

I don't think jealousy is wrong, The Supreme Being gave us that emotion for a reason.

But perhaps you're right that it IS weird....to see a Black man exhibit that type of frustration though because most Black men seem to care less whether their own women respect them or not

Del

Pioneer maybe its your personality not your colour.

Man, why are you spelling "color" as "colour"?
That's the way the British and Australians spell it...lol...I thought you were from the United States.

But as far as my personality.........

I have actually made 2 separate but somewhat related points in this thread:
(.....which I'm beginning to believe was a mistake to make in the first place...I mean, did I really expect for either one of them to actually ADMIT they were inlove with White men even if they really felt that way?)

1. My first point was that I believe Cynique's and Mel's behavior exemplifies the typical behavior of a lot of AfroAmerican women in this society today.  They seem to put a lot of praise and value on the opinions of White men over other men of color or atleast over Black men.

2. My second point was a complaint about how Cynique (and now Mel) usually react to my statements whether they actually agree with them or not.
And I think the second point DOES have a lot to do with my personality.

I've been told that I come across as somewhat forceful and dominant in my opinions and a lot of women in this society have been trained NOT to cater to that demeanor.....especially when it's coming from a Black man.
And once I've been pegged as "that guy" by these two....even if I make good solid points....can I expect for either one of those them to salute me for them?

Mel

I meant to address a point you made earlier about how you mostly admire Black women, see them as the game changers, and believe that if anyone saves us it's going to most likely be the Black women.
The  "Black girls rock" Michelle Obama pushes.

We know that NO WOMEN exist independantly of men.
Oh she may not have a man in her IMMEDIATE environment as far as in her home or paying her bills, but she certainly has a man and most likely a GROUP of men in her community and in the nation she lives in who are keeping her fed, employed, healthy, keeping her car running, keeping her plumbing working, and keeping her safe from criminals.

And in THIS society/nation....those men are usually WHITE MEN.

They OWN the damn "game"....so I know you really don't expect for Black women or any other women to be real "game changers" without the involvement of White men in this society.

So really what you're saying either directly or indirectly is that you aren't waiting on Black men to save you....you're going to just focus on moving foreward with WHITE MEN to protect and provide for you and your children as they've been doing for centuries.

@Pioneer1Would you be specific about all the white men i am putting a lot of "praise and power on"?  The men that Mel and i exchanged information about in our posts following your complaint, were black men as is Colin Kaepernick.  We both give due credit to Barack Obama, as well as our own Troy Johnson. Name some white men who are heroes of "Afro American" women in this society?? You are the one who looks upon white men as being omnipotent.  

You imagine that on this board your persona is "forceful and dominant".  But not to me, especially with all of your pouting about how my and Mel's "rejection" makes you "jealous", and how you mope about my not sharing your adoration for certain people. This leaves me wondering why you don't you stop craving approval. Why do you need my validation?  i don't need yours. i don't care if you are put off by all of my new age spirituality and pondering about truth and reality. Why should it make a difference to you if i don't agree with you?  Man up!

Since you choose to guard your identity and professional resume, all i can go on is the impression you make here on this site, and  you come across to me as a font of preposterous  pronouncements, opinions that  you pull out of your ass; someone who dwells on subjects i have lost interest in. You're good at that. ;)

BTW, you spelled "independently" wrong.  :o

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

We know that NO WOMEN exist independantly of men.

@Pioneer1  are you having a difficult time getting oxygen to your brain.   Where do you come up with these wild assumptions.  

I just happened to live in county that is run by a woman and the Mayor of the city is a woman,... I think the mayor even served in the military.  By the way, both of these women are black.  Our county sheriff is a  black man but there are quite of few deputies that are women...and dispatch is also staffed by women... 

While some men may use my services -it's mostly  women...so if I had to count on those sustaining me I'd have to go with women. 

Currently my copyright registrations are issued and signed by the black woman  who is the register of copyrights - the librarian of congress who happens to be her boss is also a black woman.   I'm self-employed now but looking to get my 501 (c) 3 certification for my proposed non-profit ... Now you may be correct there - the dude who heads up the IRS is white man.   He can either deny my application or approve it - but he's no savior... 

Like I wrote I'm not looking for anyone to save me and especially not a man.  If anyone is going to save this country - as shown by our latest election it will be black women, women of color and then women - full stop

• Thanks 1

Del

Pioneer in all seriousness. You may need to find a way to handle this frustration. Or it will eat you.

Normally I would give you a hard time. Not on this one.

I found out a long time ago that one of the best things to do for ME to handle my frustrations is....not hop on a plane and fly to Australia to get away from the ghetto....lol....but to become active in my community and solve the problems I believe exist.

Mel

are you having a difficult time getting oxygen to your brain. Where do you come up with these wild assumptions.

I just happened to live in county that is run by a woman and the Mayor of the city is a woman,... I think the mayor even served in the military. By the way, both of these women are black. Our county sheriff is a black man but there are quite of few deputies that are women...and dispatch is also staffed by women...

Do these women work WITH men.....or are they working BY THEMSELVES IN-DEPENDENT of men?

Are they living in a county WITH men....or are they living in THEIR OWN county being ran TOTALLY by women with no men to DEPEND on?

See Mel, independene means just that....IN-DEPENDANT.....NOT DEPENDANT on anyone else.

I said there is NO SUCH THING as women (as in a community) who exist INDEPENDENT of men and I stand by that statement until proven wrong.

And again, the MAIN men women of color in this nation depend on are WHITE MEN.