Black Veterans Day.

Hello, Harry. I think that's a great idea. And to take it a step further, I think that day should be one of the days within black history month. A month where the young black community can be educated on what the  "regular" school system lacks to teach us about. Some young blacks didn't even have African American history class (I did, girlfriend didn't). We have to be the ones that educate and celebrate our people.

And of course those that oppose will say, "Well Veteran's Day represents everyone that fought for us." Just like the flag represents freedom and just for all... Yeah.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the best ways to honor our Black war veterans would be to:

1. Put some of our best and brightest minds into federal positions so that they can influence our foreign policies and keep us out of needless wars like Vietnam, Korea, and Iraq....where so many Black soldiers have already lost their lives.

2. Encourage Black youth to actually JOIN the armed forces so that they can learn how to fight and defend themselves against enemies both foreign AND domestic.
Say what you will, but it seems to me that the military often times gives our young people the needed discipline they're not getting at home or at school.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1