Who knows?

Del

I am not certain how your two statements are different.

In the picture Cynique posted, it infers that the Universe CREATED us to be an image or reflection of Itself.

But Troy is inferring that there was no act of creation but that we simply ARE the image of the Universe Itself.

Well there are billions of use Cynique and I think are all part of the universe, not a reflection of it, not a product of it we are it.  The distinguishing ourselves as individual apart from the whole is how we perceive reality, but I'd don't that is the way it is.

Del keep in mind just because Pioneer clarified my statement does not mean that he did it correctly--surely you must know this :lol:  I needed to confirm that for you.  The distinction I made was important because it explains the different between my statement and Cyniques last one

The meme in this post, which is only a speculation, conveys with illustrations that humans have physical counterparts of the universe. Which would further suggests that we are replicas of it.  Everybody has their own theory and when it comes to the truth, who knows? 

• Thanks 1

Who's to say there is only ONE Universe.
Perhaps there are multiple.....parallel....Universes.

Troy

So you're basically saying that I clarified the TEXT of your post but not the INTENT?

Cynique

and when it comes to the truth, who knows?

The One Who created the Universe(s).

Cynique

Who says the universe was created by a someone?

Your common sense SHOULD say it.

First of all, the fact that the Universe EXISTS is proof that Someone must have brought it into existence.

Second of all, there is so much order and intricate detail in the Universe that clearly an Intelligence was involved.

Apparently your mind can't conceive that this wasn't the case.

That's because my mind operates on LOGIC, not peer pressure from White influence.
When you think for YOURSELF instead of letting White people tell you what to think.....you'll automatically conclude that a Higher Power than man must have created and designed this planet and Universe.

Black people didn't question the existence of The Supreme Being who not only created but intelligently designed the Universe UNTIL contact with White people.

13 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

First of all, the fact that the Universe EXISTS is proof that Someone must have brought it into existence.

What?!  @Pioneer1 that statement is illogical. If it is true then who created the "Someone" that brought the universe into existence? As you can see you can infinitely regress and get nowhere with this.  

"Creation" is just our limited way of understand the order of things. It is based upon the passage of time which is how we perceive the universe, but time may not be the true nature of the universe. 

• Thanks 1

Cynique

Like i said, you can't wrap your finite mind around the idea that the universe created itself

Ofcourse I can't "wrap my mind" around it....because my mind is firm and STABLE.

But someone with a weak and flabby mind can "wrap" their mind around anything because it's easily mansplain manipulated like silly putty.....lol.

People who are weak minded and easily influenced are liable to believe ANY silly concept that is introduced to them without matching it with common sense.

I prefer uncommon sense when i ponder.

You're not alone.
There are schizophrenics who share the same preferences!

Troy

If it is true then who created the "Someone" that brought the universe into existence?

Who said That Someone had to be created?
Perhaps They were ALWAYS in existence, having no need to be brought INTO existence.

"Creation" is just our limited way of understand the order of things. It is based upon the passage of time which is how we perceive the universe, but time may not be the true nature of the universe.

The popularity of "creationism" has less to do with perception and passage of time and more to do with an innate feeling in most human beings that force them to acknowledge that there is a Grand Power that produced and organized the natural wonders that they see in the universe.

Nature has a way of HUMBLING human beings who become too arrogant and think they know everything.

i cant believe this but I am going to disagree with you Troy.

On 20/11/2017 at 10:43 AM,Pioneer1 said:

What?!  @Pioneer1 that statement is illogical. If it is true then who created the "Someone" that 

Troy you are confusing truth and validity. Pioneer made a conclusion or rather an inference that follows his statement. 

I don't know if Pioneer said this or not. So if I  am repeating your statement my apologies Pioneer. 

if something is created then it has a creator. 

You could argue whether the Universe was created.  You could also argue that nature isn't manufactured in a factory. However something created ipso facto has a creator.  

That's definitional. 

Troy if you are going to use Mathematics,  Philosophy or Logic.  You may want to be a bit more rigorous in how you frame your argument. 

@Pioneer1 "Stable" mind as in a stagnant mentality? In other words, you  don't think outside the box, because you are trapped in the box of your dull mindset, void of an imagination.  You don't know the origin of the universe. All you are doing is parroting the intelligent design theory, taking the easy way out. And your reference to schizophrenia has nothing to do with "uncommon" (rare) sense.  I'm neither hearing voices in my head nor suffering from paranoia.  Those traits apply to somebody like you who listens to the voices inside your head filling you with a consuming suspicion of THE WHITE MAN plotting against you - as you hover there, bug-eyed, shuffling from foot-to-foot, waving the American flag.  

BTW, Del.  A creator is not synonymous with being a person.  Gravity can create a black hole. 

LOL! @Delano I would think less of you if you would not to disagree with me simply because it puts you into the same camp as Pioneer.

So I'll ask you the same question Del.  If the universe has a creator, is it logical reasonable to assume that the creator of the universe must also have a creator?  If yes why.  If not why not?

You are mixing belief and logic. 

Troy it is both reasonable and logical to assume either position. They are both valid arguments. However neither is provable. 

My position is that numbers were created not discovered.  Which would make all mathematically based or proved science a belief system.

i used to believe we had free will. Now i think it operates maybe 25% of the time or less. And only in situations where a real choice exists. 

This is due to some things i have found in the psychic realm.

My current belief is that we are following a script.  Which means we don't have free will. However we wrote the script.  Since we are here to learn. 

The easiest way of seeing this is look at both your frustrations and what gives you the most joy. Since they are probably the same, just poles apart.

So we are gods. And we are all connected. The sum total of all positive expression would be a Creator. And the counterbalancing force of negativity is the destroyer.  And the individual sustains both those energies internally.  

Brahma The Creator 

Shiva The Destroyer 

Vishnu The Sustainer.

Yes but i have a real difficulty agreeing with Pioneer. For a whole hosts of reasons.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Delano said:

I don't know if Pioneer said this or not. So if I  am repeating your statement my apologies Pioneer. 

if something is created then it has a creator

I was confused about who was saying what in this sentence.  :huh:

Ofcourse it's my opinion.......
But my opinion is valid UNTIL PROVEN otherwise.

When I say Someone I mean a Being, The Supreme (most powerful) Being.

But NOT a "person", as in a "human" being.

I believe that the Universe was created by Supreme Intelligence and is being maintained by that same Supreme Intelligence.

If anyone can prove OTHERWISE.....let him/her produce actual PROOF (not paragraph after paragraph of jaw jacking that leads to more questions and no answers...lol.).

@Pioneer1 where do you think "The Supreme (most powerful) Being" came from? How did they come into existence?

For now your opinion is just an opinion.  We can argue where it is valid or not.  Because while you demand proof to the contrary, your position can not be proven either.  I'm arguing the position is also unreasonable.  If something can not be proven to be true, or is it reasonable or logical then it can not be valid.

For example your opinion about multiple human races is not valid because it is have been proven to be factually inaccurate.

@Troy read this since you are  confusing a valid and true conclusion. 

Premise: all horses are brown

Premise: X is a horse

Conclusion: from premise 1 and 2 follows that X is brown

However, suppose that X in fact isn't brown, but white (meaning that either X isn't a horse - premise 2 is false -, or not all horses are brown - premise 1 is false).

The reasoning leading to the conclusion is logically valid, it's a valid reasoning, but the conclusion is not true, because we started with false premises

@Delano we are differing on the definition of the word "valid."  The definition says based upon logic or fact.  So technically you are right.  But this is a technically, and at this point unnecessary, as I have already reworded my question (which @Pioneer1 continues to dodge).

Pioneer makes declarative statements on premises that are either;

1. patently false (which I assert is illogical, or just dumb, as in the case of multiple races), or
  2. which can not be proven to be true (as in the case with there being a creator (implying an very powerful sentient entity) of the universe.

Now all I've done is ask @Pioneer1 to respond to a question which I think will expose a flaw in his reasoning (perhaps that is why he is dodging it), and you are bogging this down in technicalities. 

As far as you send question about how an opinion can be invalid, I already answered that question.

Is anything still unclear? 

Del, do your think there was a creator of the universe Del?  If not, why not. If so, why?

val·id
ˈvaləd/
adjective
  1. (of an argument or point) having a sound basis in logic or fact; reasonable or cogent.
    "a valid criticism"
    synonyms: well founded, sound, reasonable, rational, logical, justifiable, defensible, viable, bona fide;More

I have an open mind. And i like to ponder.  My mantra is: i don't know. So  i don't agree or disagree with Pioneer. And I don't think his opinion is illogical or invalid or unreasonable. He is, after all, voicing what the intelligent design community believes and this school of thought includes reputable scientists and philosophers.   There is order to our universe. The sun comes up every day.  The moon goes through phases.  It can be predicted when stars will line up in certain configurations.  The seasons change on schedule.  This  can be called proof;  but it's a proof that others obviously don't accept because it conflicts with their beliefs.     

I am also intrigued by the question posed asking who created the intelligent entity who created the universe. This could be responded to by saying  that just because our minds are not advanced enough to comprehend the answer, doesn't mean that there isn't an answer.    :huh:

I never tire of considering the suggestion that our existence is just a blink of the eye of someone who is to us what we are to fruit flies.

I have an open mind and like to ponder too, but if someone said the world was flat, or that Black people were genetically inferior to white people I'd have to disagree with them. All of this stuff has been proven not to be true.

The miniscule minority of scientists who understand how the universe works but still believe in intelligent design are a very odd bunch.  Look, you can find "scientists" who believe anything. Putting these wingnuts on par with the vast majority of the rest of the scientific community does it a disservice.  That is like saying all Black people have a higher propensity for criminality because so many of us are imprisoned.

Of course there is an answer to how the universe was created, but no one knows it.  Physicist have figured out a lot in the last 100 years, but they don't know what happen at the big bang, what goes on inside a black hole, what dark matter and dark energy are, they can ponder, come up with different theories, and maybe at some point before the universe dies, they'll figure it out.

I just listened to a lecture given by a quantum physicist who was describing field theory. I'll try to describe it a nutshell, and I'm sure I'll butcher the proper definition so forgive me: a particle is actually everywhere, but snaps into a known position when we observe it.

Cynique

Stable" mind as in a stagnant mentality?

No, stable mind as in not letting White racists influence your mind into confusion and disbelieving reality (what you actually see).
White men can easily raise all kinds of doubts in your mind about the Universe and Who created it but if you notice -they don't give you actual answers to the questions they raise.

You don't know the origin of the universe. All you are doing is parroting the intelligent design theory, taking the easy way out.

No one on in this thread does.
None of the White men you like quoting and pondering the lame ass ideas of, do either.
Yet that doesn't stop you from obsessing with them and pondering on every little quack theory they come up with.
Just face it, you are in love with White men....lol.

And your reference to schizophrenia has nothing to do with "uncommon" (rare) sense. I'm neither hearing voices in my head nor suffering from paranoia.

Hallucination isn't the ONLY symptom of schizophrenia.....so are delusions or "twisted" thinking that can't be straightened out with reason.

Troy

where do you think "The Supreme (most powerful) Being" came from? How did they come into existence?

I don't know, but it is an IRRELEVANT question to this conversation.

I made the statement that I believe the Universe is created.
That statement is VALID until PROVEN true or false.

Trying to figure out the ORIGINS of the ORIGINATOR is a mere diversion.

Because while you demand proof to the contrary, your position can not be proven either.

Then what is the argument?

If you don't accept my opinion.....you don't accept it.
But you can't call it "illogical" or "unreasonable" UNTIL you can disprove it as such.

Which I don't believe you can....lol.

Pioneer makes declarative statements on premises that are either;

patently false (which I assert is illogical, or just dumb, as in the case of multiple races), or

which can not be proven to be true (as in the case with there being a creator (implying an very powerful sentient entity) of the universe

Now all I've done is ask @Pioneer1 to respond to a question which I think will expose a flaw in his reasoning (perhaps that is why he is dodging it), and you are bogging this down in technicalities.

The very theme of this thread was is based on a "theory" that can't be proven true.
Yet you are perfectly willing to consider it if not accept it all together!

You are willing to consider that we are images or mini-images of the Universe that can't be proven true......but NOT so willing to accept that there is a more powerful One Who CREATED that Universe!

Del

Troy how can an opinion be invalid?

If it's coming from another Black man.....that's how.

If it comes from an educated White man in glasses, even if it can't be proven....it's accepted.

@Pioneer1Neil DeGrasse Tyson is not a white man; he is a premiere black scientist and he would challenge and even refute just about everything you imagine you know about science. Can you come up with any black scientists besides him who I should be listening to? You keep advancing the irrational lie that i am in love with white men because i am curious about the origin of the universe and prefer spirituality to religion.  You're obsessed and paranoid in this regard and come across as an unbalanced individual with a personality disorder.   Seek help.  :P

• Like 1

Cynique

You're obsessed and paranoid in this regard and come across as an unbalanced individual with a personality disorder. Seek help

YOU are the one who's self-admittedly pondering.
YOU are the one who is starting thread after thread asking questions.
So YOU are the one who obviously needs "help".....lol.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson is not a white man; he is a premiere black scientist and he would challenge and even refute just about everything you imagine you know about science

No scientist worth their weight would dispute what I've said.
Most of them would simply leave it alone because THEY are smart enough NOT to get into an argument they can't win.....lol.

Those who do decide to touch on it would simply call it "inconclusive" because they knew they couldn't come up with any EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE/PROOF that actually contradicts what I'm saying.

Pondering is not a synonym for obsession. It is an exercise in deep thought which i indulge in from time to time. Something you ought to experiment with.   Being curious is not a aberration. It's a quest for knowledge.  And of course, you never pass up an opportunity  to inject your swill into the subjects i bring up. BTW, Tyson and white scientists are in accord, so where does that leave you?  And, indeed, he wouldn't bother arguing with you because he knows people like you who never let facts get in their way, can't be separated from their opinions.  And never once have you given a specific example of a white man that i am enamoured with.  You're are neurotically deluded about this, previously admitting, yourself, that you are filled with envy. SMH.      

Cynique

Being curious is not a aberration. It's a quest for knowledge

Being curious and questing for knowledge isn't the problem, it's WHO you're RE-questing that knowledge FROM that leads me to believe that you are inlove with White men.
....either consciously or subconsciously.

BTW, Tyson and white scientists are in accord, so where does that leave you?

It leaves all of us in the same position because THEY aren't arguing with me.
Like I said.....they WOULDN'T.

Unlike you and Troy, they wouldn't challenge my OPINION unless they had EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE or PROOF that they could bring to make their case against it absolute.

SMH.

Nah sweetie don't do that....
Shaking your head too much may be what CAUSED the problem in the first place, lol.

Grab a turkey leg and some dressing and go on over on the couch and rest yourself...lol.

No surprise that you are led wrong, because you are wrong and all of your verbal acobatics  and distortions won't distract from the fact that, as usual, you don't know what you're talking about.  You have evaded every challenge i have put to you in regard to your unfounded accusations and declarations  and just keep resorting to the same old repetitive litany. If you were  the only choice, i would love white men, but fortunately there are other black men around who are different from you.  Thank goodness!

(You obviously haven't  read the last 2 posts on Part 1 of this thread.  Troy is who you need to be trying to make your points with.)  

Cynique

No surprise that you are led wrong, because you are wrong and all of your verbal acobatics and distortions won't distract from the fact that, as usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

Well like I keep saying....if I'm wrong, then PROVE it.
Just provide empirical (not hearsay) evidence and proof that what I'm saying is wrong.

You are just pondering and wondering outloud....not providing concrete facts about the Universe and similar concepts.

You have evaded every challenge i have put to you in regard to your unfounded accusations and declarations and just keep resorting to the same old repetitive litany. If you were the only choice, i would love white men,

Now see...
Why do you have to make strong emotional statements like that?

Talking about if there were NO OTHER Black men on the planet.....besides me....you'd just go ahead and start loving some White men....lol.

See, this PROVES that you disagree with me simply for the sake of being disagreeable.

I hope everyone sees the anger and the hatred and which side it's coming from.

I'd NEVER say that to YOU.
I'd NEVER tell you that if there were no other Black women around....well....I might as well start loving some White women, lol.

I'd wait and see where things went first.....THEN if things didn't work out....well.....I'd have little choice but to consider White women.....lol.

but fortunately there are other black men around who are different from you. Thank goodness!

Oh yeah....
I forgot, you love and admire HALF-Black men (like Obama and Kaepernick) ALMOST as much as you love and admire White men.

(You obviously haven't read the last 2 posts on Part 1 of this thread. Troy is who you need to be trying to make your points with.)

You obviously haven't read the FIRST post on Part 2 of this thread because I addressed Troy.

@Pioneer1 CAN YOU READ?  IF YOU CAREFULLY READ MY LAST POST ON PART 1,  I  SAID THAT I DIDN'T AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH YOUR OPINION ABOUT INTELLIGENT DESIGN! WHAT I AM CALLING YOU WRONG ABOUT IS YOUR DRONING ON AND ON ABOUT ME BEING IN LOVE WITH WHITE  MEN, YET CANNOT SUPPLY EVEN ONE NAME TO BACK UP YOUR SILLY ACCUSATION SO YOU HAVE NO PROOF. AND EVEN IF YOUR PATHETIC ACCUSATIONS WERE TRUE ABOUT ME LOVING WHITE MEN, WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE?  BTW, IF YOU CANT TAKE THE VITRIOL, DON'T DISH IT OUT.  I'M DONE. GOOD GRIEF.  

Troy when people say technically you are right. They are implying that you are wrong in the other part of your argument or statement. you are equating my disageeeing with you as my being wrong. i am using standard definitions. So your use of valid is technically wrong although it is correct in your mind. i am being stringent. you can use logic or numbers to make a point . However if you're bending it like Wreckum, I am going to call it.