Lipstick Alley​​​​​​​ One of the Best Black Discussion Forums on the Web!

Troy

No, I don't believe in the contrail conspiracies. But obviously white folks are not above polluting our environment with factory waste, faily to remove lead pipes, paint, asbestos from poor communities and we all know who lives , mostly, in these poor communities.

To be clear, I didn't say "contrail conspiracies" I said chemical and biological warfare conspiracies. But if what I hear (actually read) is you acknowledging that Caucasians ARE INDEED purposely putting dangerous and downright deadly CHEMICALS into poor communties then you're almost there already.
All I have to do is convince you that the majority of these poor communities are Black and that these Caucasians have conspired together in secret to do this and WAH-LAH....you too will now be on the conspiracy theory team!

Now if there is an agent that attacks one based upon their level of melanin then you might be onto something. But if such a chemical was available we would have seen it in use by now...

We already have one, it's called NICOTINE.......

"Smokers with darker skin may be more affected by nicotine than lighter-skinned ones are, a new study finds.

Researchers said it was possible that the nicotine in tobacco bound to melanin, which gives skin its color. The darker the skin, the greater the amount of melanin — and perhaps the more nicotine is stored.

Those people with the most melanin were found to smoke the most and have the most cotinine in their system, and to have the highest level of dependence on tobacco, the researchers said."

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/19/health/research/19patt.html

"African Americans are known to have a more difficult time quitting and suffer from more tobacco-related diseases," said Gary King, a medical sociologist at Pennsylvania State University and lead author of the study, published in Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior. "By addressing the connection between biological aspects of skin color and tobacco use, this has global implications for all groups, especially to populations with high levels of UV radiation."

Melanin pigments, which determine skin color, bind tightly to nicotine. As a consequence, nicotine and tobacco's cancer-causing agents tend to linger and accumulate in other melanin-containing tissues like the heart, lungs, liver and brain, potentially putting those organs at increased risk for tobacco-related diseases. This study is the first to explore the relationship between skin melanin levels and smoking behavior, said King."

https://www.wired.com/2009/05/smokingskincolo/

Well, welcome to the CONSPIRACY TEAM comrad!

On 1/17/2020 at 8:28 PM, Troy said:

People have been smoking or chewing tobacco for thousands of years. Are yiu trying to say that tobacco is a tool of white racist to kill Black people? If so, they sure are sacrificing a ton of white people to do it.

By our official account, 1,515 Americans were killed by cops in 2016 (based on news articles and direct reports from families on Native American land since those deaths by cops are rarely reported in white media). Of those, 588 were white, or about 39% were white (610 or 40% were black, the largest proportion). Cops are the domestic enforcers of white supremacy. They view the white people they kill as collateral damage to continue killing black people with impunity.. The white masses don't care anyway. They get sexual gratification from cops killing people no matter who they are. I would guess the same collateral damage position is used with the nicotine theory by @Pioneer1.

The number of white deaths from nicotine is so high, globally, that your reasoning does not add up @Kareem

This chart from https://tobaccoatlas.org/topic/deaths/ shows in dark red the countries where 1 in 4 deaths are due to smoking. You'll observe the countries were white live are most effected.

Africans simply don't smoke as much as Europeans. They are killing themselves more effectively than they are Black people.

Screenshot_20200120-060044_Chrome.jpg

@Troy I wouldn't call what I said reasoning. I definitely didn't intend to imply that the collateral damage explanation is correct beyond a reasonable doubt. It wouldn't hold up in a criminal trial. But if this were a civil case, I think the explanation is plausible by a preponderance of the evidence. I will say that my father was a lifelong smoker and he died very young (in his 50s). My great  uncle also smoked his whole life and he died in his 50s. Thus from those example, I would argue in a court of law that cigarettes do in fact harm black people more than white people. I'd be curious to see life expectancy rates for lifelong smokers based on race before going to court though.

It doesn't surprise me at all that white people are the vast majority of smokers in the world. No wonder they had us slaving in fields for 15+ hours per day to cultivate their drug of choice. White people are also the vast majority of e-cigarette users; "vaping."

• Thanks 1

Troy

On top of what Kareem said, come on man......
How many times have I told you about the "white actors" who PRETEND to be engaging in certain behaviors or PRETEND to be poor and oppressed just to fool people of color?
Or "white sacrifices"  how they will slaughter many of their own just to get more of our people?

Neely Fuller Jr. has been explaining this for decades:

They'll smoke cigarettes just to get YOU to start, but it doesn't affect them like it does you.
They'll drink hard liquor so YOU will start drinking it, but it doesn't affect them like it did the Native Americans.
They'll use drugs and engage in all types of crazy and dangerous behavior just to trick people of color into doing it.....but it doesn't have the same effect.
They invented "gay marriage" but you don't see homosexuality destroying THEIR communities nor do you see White men being paraded around on award shows in flamboyant dresses, do you?

They are great at ILLUSION and giving the impression that they are just as poor and oppressed and suffering just as much but you really don't know WHAT they are going through.

On 1/16/2020 at 7:58 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Troy

You mean "unhealthy" right?

Yes, I'm sorry.
Actually, I meant to say something is NOT very healthy for many dark skinned people.

When I was in grade school they had a special class for the bad kids. The crazy thing was the the class was full of boys and they were are darked skinned. It make me think that darked skinned boys were bad -- an easy conclusion for a young boy to draw given the way they were all put in a special class. Many of the boys were in a gang. Ebony Magazine wrote an article about their gang back in the mid 70's they came across much more menacing than they were in real life... furthuring engaining the stereotype into the mainstream.

This just backs up the "school to prison pipeline" that so many Afrocentric scholars speak of that operates in the United States. The public educational system is designed to break the spirit of AfroAmerican boys (and it would make sense that the darker they are the more they are targeted) so that they will eventually become so dismayed with trying to fit in with "society" that they become anti-social and eventually either form their own societies (gangs) or become ANTI-social all together and become career criminals who see prison as their only home.

Even deeper.......
You don't believe in the chemical/biological warfare conspiracies aimed at AfroAmericans.
However if you did; since darker skinned AfroAmericans generally speaking tend to be "more African" from a genetic point,  it would logically follow that you would see the effects of this targeting more among the darker skinned more "African like" AfroAmericans.

You know......
As I look back on it from a more mature stand-point, I recognizedthat many of the so-called "bad" boys in school were often the smartest, cunning, and wittiest.....their talents just weren't welcomed in that structure. Many of them were dare-devils, risk takers, and social manipulators who's skills been envied by most military intelligence agencies.....lol.

At any rate, they didn't even make film that easily captured dark skinned people in photographs properly -- especially those polaroid cameras.

Damn, lol.
You have a point, not just with the shake-em up polaroids but with DRIVER'S LICENSES.
I've noticed that some of my darker friends and relatives get straight up CLOWNED in their DL photos. Sometimes all you see is a dark smear with a pair of white eyes in the middle or glasses shining as a supposed "identification" photo.

Models like Alex wek were the exception not the rule.

No shade to Alex, but in all honesty it's not her tone that may be an issue but her FEATURES (nose, mouth, facial shape) that may be more of an issue of whether or not she's considered beautiful

Her and Viola Davis (we love to use her as an example on here...lol) are the same complexion but I'm willing to wager most men would clearly see one as more attractive than the other.

Image result for alek wek   Image result for viola davis

Alek Wek is not pretty she's also much darker than Viola in person

@I love black forums, when you make a declarative statement like "Alek Wek is not pretty," It sounds like a universal truth which it clearly is not; it is just your opinion.

Standards for beauty are not universal across cultures or even within a culture across time.

Do you think other people from the Sudan think Alek is not pretty? How do you think her parents or her lovers feel about her attractiveness?

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 6:40 AM, Kareem said:

Today I'm afraid to date black women because so many want to raise effeminate, emasculated black boys. It's like a trend, a pop culture style.

@Kareem I immediately chuckled when I read your comment here, but then seriously, I understand. 

My question is, when did this trend start and who started it, Black men or Black women? Quickly, I wil

answer my own question because 'it's a loaded question' that I feel has been answered the wrong way for so long.

Or, maybe not. Some Black Americans may not even consider this question, in that is should not even be posed because, it's 

either the Black man's fault or the Black woman's fault. But my answer would be that; [1] this started long ago before Colonization and,

[2] Well, it depends on from what basis; Matriarchal system or Patriarchal? I feel we need to deal with that kind of history otherwise, we will only

repeat history. Finally, I think there should be accountability on both sides.  

These people put us through unspeakable sexual torture that still scars us to this day. Black men have that buck mentality (sleeping with as many women as possible)

Oh yeah! We need to heal. 

Same with the homophile white imperialists who raped little boys and grown men. Those boys and men were ultimately conditioned into believing that was their natural lifestyle. It continues today.

This really hurts, but the issue that bothers me the most is that we need to heal and until we address other issues that actually help us heal, we won't.

WHAT ARE THE 'OTHER' ISSUES? I ask. 

Well, I feel like we want to ignore how Black women were actually victimized too, by Black men long before the Slave Trade too. 

And, we need to address this government on the issue that most of the slaves were CHILDREN! 

And, then too, there is our formal educational system...

On 1/15/2020 at 7:41 PM, Pioneer1 said:

I've seen this from time to time myself. Often times it's the light skinned AfroAmericans who are the quickest to speak up against racism and make their voices heard. I believe it comes from being more confident as individuals.

@Pioneer1 Thank you for this statement. I agree.

On 1/15/2020 at 11:12 PM, I love black forums said:

This woman also admitted to being anti black men,

@I love black forums Wow! You said a lot, and it's deep and I can competely understand. The sad issue hear is that, if these type of Black women have sons, well, 

their sons will be BLACK MEN!!! 

No matter if they have sons from Black men or White men, their sons will be Black! NOw, just imagine what kind of conditioning they will have when they hear their

mothers talk negative about Black men! This is the part that is crazy!

On 1/15/2020 at 11:20 PM, I love black forums said:

he black women on that website called actress Naturi Naughton and her daughter "ugly, burnt dark skinned b-words"

LOL! WOW! You gotta be kidding! ... A child!? 

So, here, these women, you say, are Dark skinned, and they are attacking a dark skinned actress and her CHILD! That is crazy! 

On 1/17/2020 at 11:10 AM, Kareem said:

Just now hearing about Alex Wek. She's not attractive at all and it has nothing to do with her skin tone. She's bald. I don't like bald women. Call me shallow.

@Kareem LOL! No, I wouldn't do that. I understand.

But just for the record, that girl is absolutely beautiful!!!

And so is the other one, but @Pioneer1 posted another photo of her in another thread some time back and it was a much better picture imo.

On 1/17/2020 at 11:10 AM, Kareem said:

Please someone introduce it to some righteous black women before I resort to swirling again out of necessity!!

@Kareem I don't know, you might be a little too militant to be Swirling, as-you-put-it now! LOL!

Or, if you feel you must, then hopefully she can hang with the hot topics! 

1 hour ago, Troy said:

when you make a declarative statement like "Alek Wek is not pretty," It sounds like a universal truth which it clearly is not; it is just your opinion.

So true. I can understand how some men don't like women with short hair or no hair, but I just think that girl is stunning.

@I love black forums So glad to read you again!

I love black forums

Alek Wek is not pretty she's also much darker than Viola in person

I don't think she's pretty either, but like Troy said I recognize that this is my OPINION.
But like I said ealier, my lack of attraction to her has nothing to do with her skin color but more to do with her other phenotypical features.

Troy

You're right that standards of beauty aren't universal, however I've noticed that certain standards of ATTRACTION are.

And there is a difference between BEAUTY and ATTRACTION.
I've worked around men of different backgrounds from around the world and over 90% of us still seemed to find the same type of women attractive (meaning we'd like to have sex with them) even down to ranking them in the same order. The only differences were who considered who "pretty" or "cute" and this was more cultural.

For example, all of us agreed that the woman with the plump round butt was more attractive than the one with the small flat one. AfroAmerican, German, Korean, Nigerian, Brazilian, ect...nearly all the men agreed. But when it came to hair, some liked blondes with straight hair and others like that black hair with the wet look....culltural.

Chev

My question is, when did this trend start and who started it, Black men or Black women?

If you asked me my answer would be, it probably started during slavery when AfroAmerican women felt that it would be SAFER to raise effeminate boys and men because they would pose less of a threat to the Caucasian men in control of society and perhaps they would stay alive longer and enjoy more success in life.

No matter if they have sons from Black men or White men, their sons will be Black!

Lol....
Now, are you SURE about this, sis?

18 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Lol....
Now, are you SURE about this, sis?

@Pioneer1 Why you laugh, my brother!? LOL.

Okay, it may depend on phenotype and cultural upbringing.

For example, if an African American woman or such like is very fair skinned and sired a son from a White European-typed man,

and also she herself was not raised culturally in a Black culture, then her son could 'PASS' as being White European.

And then too, based on American standards and even law, even if her son was sired by a White man or other, then he would still be

considered 'the race of his mother', but not in the Biblical definition. So, your question has made me rethink what I said on a broader sense.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:41 PM, Pioneer1 said:

entioned Mechee X in another thread, perhaps this discussion would be a great time to drop another one of her videos:

Well, I have not heard of her before this post, however, yes, as you said in another post, she does cuss a lot, but she is --WOW!!

She is on point. She's awesome! Sista broke it down.

On 1/16/2020 at 7:58 PM, Pioneer1 said:

but I'm willing to wager most men would clearly see one as more attractive than the other.

@Pioneer1 For you, it's about Alex Wek's features and for @Kareem it's about her short or not having hair and then too, 

I read your response to @Troy however, I am still thinking about what you all have written. I plan on returning to this topic soon

to add some more of my thoughts.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:39 AM, Chevdove said:

My question is, when did this trend start and who started it, Black men or Black women?

it's either the Black man's fault or the Black woman's fault. But my answer would be that; [1] this started long ago before Colonization and,

[2] Well, it depends on from what basis; Matriarchal system or Patriarchal? I feel we need to deal with that kind of history otherwise, we will only

repeat history. Finally, I think there should be accountability on both sides.

I don't get into the black men vs. black women arguments. I don't care what Oprah, Obamas and other black men-hating people like that try and instill in us. We were all taught to hate ourselves, and love white master for a period of centuries. You can't just shut that off like a light switch. Black men were rewarded by white imperial "masters" for impregnating as many women as possible during slavery. It's sad, but the mentality still exists. That's why niggas be out here with 5-6 kids.

I do blame the black men who do not own up to their responsibilities. It creates animosity between black men and women. It's not hard to prevent pregnancy. I've done it because, at this time, I don't want to bring kids into this world. Now I also blame black women for weaponizing the children to blackmail and manipulate fathers. Like you said, we all need to heal from the pain and torture of slavery and Jim Crow. Unfortunately we haven't even begun that process. In fact I think collectively, we are sicker than we've ever been in the history of this "country," and I think the damage is irreversible at this point thanks to those Obama people.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, Chevdove said:

I don't know, you might be a little too militant to be Swirling, as-you-put-it now! LOL!

Me? Militant? 😁 Funny I've been called that my whole life while simultaneously being told I sound like a whiteboy. Oh well. All I know is that I'm the brother all black Americans want on their side when the sh*t goes down.

I was kind of joking with the swirling thing. I admit I used to be attracted to white girls, even the average-looking ones due to conditioning over my entire childhood. But white bitches creep me out these days. Last one I dated in 2010, I broke up with her because she sleeps with dogs in the bed and thought I was the messed-up one for not wanting that stuff. The one before that slept with cats in the bed. I'm also completely unfiltered these days, so I'd probably scare 90% of white chicks within a few minutes of talking anyway.

It's just heartbreaking witnessing the state of black single women. Everyday there is another fine, gorgeous black women on social media bragging about dating whiteboys. Meanwhile she got raped or beaten by said whiteboy and still disses black men, and advocates for swirling. I just don't get it. Seriously, when the hell did all this division happen? How did we get this bad? I didn't know there was a black American vs. black immigrant rivalry until last year. That's heartbreaking too. They've REALLY divided us now.

My last three dates have been disasters. Granted @Troy and @Pioneer1 talked me into writing a romance novel/memoir that I'm about 60 page into. I started out doing it just to chronicle my younger years. But damn, some of the [black] women I've dated in the last two years...WOW. All of them are just weird white liberal-acting chicks. All of them were in Los Angeles, so that may have something to do with it. But damn, all I want is my cutie to cuddle with, protect, laugh with, raise kids with, and provide for. She wouldn't even have to work and frankly I wouldn't want her to work outside our home if we have kids. I just want to be a husband, a father, and a cheesy lover who goes out of his way to make my woman laugh. Apparently that's asking too much these days. I'm only dating black women for at least one more year. After that, guess I have to sell out. I don't like being alone, especially when I consider myself a pretty good catch! LOL!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kareem said:

Unfortunately we haven't even begun that process. In fact I think collectively, we are sicker than we've ever been in the history of this "country," and I think the damage is irreversible at this point thanks to those Obama people.

@Kareem Yes, I believe that we are sicker than ever before! 

she sleeps with dogs in the bed and thought I was the messed-up one for not wanting that stuff. The one before that slept with cats in the bed.

Oh no! This reminds me of a funny film that I loved, Black Knight starring Martin Lawrence. LOL! 

But, yeah! Don't get me started on that topic. I went rounds with my house friends [housemates] on this topic. They must have thought I lost my mind

when they came home from work and saw a paper I posted on the Frig with bullet points on the things that they should not do with their cats!

LOL! You have no idea! 

Meanwhile she got raped or beaten by said whiteboy and still disses black men, and advocates for swirling.

This is very sad. And, I think this has to do with our beginning here in America. Black women were not threatened if they spoke against Blacks but, they knew that they could not do that when it came to White people. So, many bond with White men and will never say anything if they are harmed because it will never go to court.

when the hell did all this division happen? How did we get this bad?

LIke I responded to @Pioneer1 too, I believe this all happened before colonization. But many think this only began with America.

I didn't know there was a black American vs. black immigrant rivalry until last year. That's heartbreaking too. They've REALLY divided us now.

REally!?  I didn't know this.

Apparently that's asking too much these days. I'm only dating black women for at least one more year.

@Kareem Why put a limit on it?

But yes, it may be asking too much for today, because we are lost, for the most part. 

But why not let it start with you!? Education, and knowledge of self. That is the key. 

After that, guess I have to sell out. I don't like being alone, especially when I consider myself a pretty good catch! LOL!

YOu know, you can stil be alone with a partner, especially if the relationship is not working.

Selling out is relative. Just because a person chooses to date outside of his or her race, does not

necessarily mean that they are selling out.

But, imo, a person should have Knowledge of Self before making these choices. or else they will be sucked into a world that they will become

invisible; and in that it would be kind of like selling out.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chevdove said:

But, yeah! Don't get me started on that topic. I went rounds with my house friends [housemates] on this topic.

I've never seen that Martin movie you're referring to. But I just don't get white people's obsession with dogs. Dog spelled backward is "god," so perhaps there's some esoteric reasoning there. I literally threw up long ago when I watched this white chick at a little get together allow a dog to lick inside her mouth! But I guess none of this should be surprising. Bestiality is legal in Hungary, Romania, Russia, Finland, Iceland, Serbia and New Zealand. It was legal in Germany until 2016 when the courts stopped it because white Americans were literally doing animal sex tourism - flying over there to f*ck dogs and horses. It was also legal in Denmark until a few years ago. It's also legal in several U.S. states: Wyoming, Vermont, Nevada and New Hampshire off the top of my head.

I believe this all happened before colonization. But many think this only began with America.

I hear you sister. I do. I just cannot speak definitely about this one way or another. I can only speak definitely from a personal perspective. I had numerous black male figure in my life as a child: dad, granddad, uncles, cousins, etc. All of them were married to black women. None of them that I know of ever had any domestic violence issues or anything. I obviously would have noticed it from being in their homes. In fact all the ones that are still alive are still married.

Yes, polygamy is/was common is West Africa for as far back as I know the history. Was it forced or voluntary? I don't know. Perhaps it was done as a matter of survival. I know that women ruled in many parts of Africa prior to colonization (Amina of Zaria in the 15th century, Candace of Ethiopia in 3rd century BCE, Nefertiti of Kemet, etc.) They were truly in charge too, not just figure-heads like white female alleged "rulers" in Europe.

There are far too many evil agendas today to believe much of anything about matriarchy vs. patriarchy societies, or anything about societies in Africa prior to colonization. I would only be willing to read 1) info written by African People 2) prior to the 1980s. Anything after that can easily be part of these feminist/homo agendas to rewrite and revise history. I'd of course be very interested to hear your thoughts and knowledge on this as well.

REally!?  I didn't know this.

I assume it's just kids (people under 25). But black immigrants all fly their flags on social media, make certain to distinguish themselves from us, and just show general vitriol for black Americans. The retaliation is just as bitter, with many black Americans basically viewing black immigrants as illegal aliens, just like white people do Mexicans. They come here with a negative perception of black American culture because of rap and media. It's sad. But is what it is.

20 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Why put a limit on it?

But yes, it may be asking too much for today, because we are lost, for the most part. 

But why not let it start with you!? Education, and knowledge of self. That is the key.

I'm just saying that I really don't want to date outside the race anymore. I've done that enough in life. But it's only going to work like that if everything works out perfectly. We know this ain't a perfect world. I ultimately just want to be a husband, father and provider. Just being a gentleman and a sweetheart isn't good enough though. Let's be real. I had to start acting like a dickhead in college, completely out of character, because that seemed to be what women were attracted to. A lot of women, for whatever reason, don't want to be loved; they want to be embroiled in controversy with their "bad boy" all the time. There's truth to that "nice guys finish last" maxim.

I remember so well one week visiting my friend's junior high in Chicago. It was like an exchange program. It was the first time I was not "special" because I was suddenly surrounded by other black people. Some of the black girls made fun of me a lot. Sound like a whiteboy, skinny jokes, etc. Meanwhile the white and Mexican/Puerto Rican chicks in that diverse Chicago school LOVED me. Even so, I still tried to spit seventh grade game to the black chicks NOT being mean to me. I didn't allow a few rotten apples to spoil the bunch. I saw this growing up in my house too. My dad was the lovey-dovey romantic; my mom was mean to him. Thus for a while there, I thought that's just how black women were. Be nice to them, they'll be mean to you in return.

20 hours ago, Chevdove said:

Selling out is relative. Just because a person chooses to date outside of his or her race, does not

necessarily mean that they are selling out.

But, imo, a person should have Knowledge of Self before making these choices. or else they will be sucked into a world that they will become

invisible; and in that it would be kind of like selling out.

Lisa Simpson once said (paraphrasing), "as knowledge and intelligence rise, happiness and contentment fall." I believe I have great knowledge of myself. My reality is based on life's experiences and external learning. I know what I want in a woman. I know I prefer a black women because it's best for us as a people and I like to believe I do my small part in keeping us progressing forward, even if its at a slog. But I'm ultimately going to do what's best for me. I know everything I want in a woman can be found in any race. I was mostly joking about the selling out thing. If I end up with a non-black woman, it's not because I deliberately sought out non-black women. It's because that's just how it worked out.

I'm old fashioned. I provided the money, the protection, the love, the chivalry, the father, the husband, the humor, the date, etc. She provides the love, affection, mother, homemaking, wifey, girlfriend, and whatever desires she has beyond that to define her as a woman, with my full support. But again, that may be too much to ask, especially of a black woman.

Chev

Not only did you answer your own question but you also gave me food for thought concerning racial classifications in other cultures.
Among some cultures like the Ashkenzai Jews your race is determined through your mother's lineage, while in others like the Arab culture your race is determined by who your father is.
Also, in the Anglo culture....one drop of "non-white" blood makes you of that particular race, where as among the Spanish the opposite is the case and one drop of Spanish blood makes you Spanish.

For you, it's about Alex Wek's features and for @Kareem it's about her short or not having hair and then too,

Kareem's issue of her not having hair is also part of my issue too. Just one part though because some of her other features aren't the most beautiful in my opinion.
I'm not saying she's ugly. She looks healthy and relatively normal, just not the most attractive person as far as I'm concerned.

Kareem

Funny I've been called that my whole life while simultaneously being told I sound like a whiteboy. Oh well.

It's funny YOU said that, because as "pro-Black" as I've been since being about 9 years old....from time to time I've been told by other AfroAmericans that I think like a "White man".

I remember complaining about how White men were snatching up Asian women and were going to push up on AfroAmerican women if we didn't stand up and guard our women carefully and a lot of brothers were saying, "Ahh man....'guard your women???'.....nigga that's how jealous insecure White men think!".

Or how I would rather talk about religion and politics instead of sports and bullshit and a lot of Black males said that's what "them white boys" be talking about....although most of the White boys I knew were talking about sports and bullshit too.

At some jobs I've had....I've had longer and deeper conversations with conservative (probably racist) Caucasians than I've had with so-called "liberal" Caucasians and even most of the AfroAmericans!

On 1/31/2020 at 5:58 PM, Chevdove said:

This is very sad. And, I think this has to do with our beginning here in America. Black women were not threatened if they spoke against Blacks but, they knew that they could not do that when it came to White people. So, many bond with White men and will never say anything if they are harmed because it will never go to court.

Forgot to address this part. Everything you say is valid and likely. But I never remember black women "thirsting" over white dudes while degrading black men at any point in my existence, until like 2017-18. All black dudes I ever knew/know who have sex with white chicks definitely did not brag about it in front of other black people.

Black women hating black men today is purely an Obama/Oprah creation. In my heart, I just don't believe most black men in the late 1800s and early 1900s after slavery were mean, evil dickheads to their wives. Maybe I'm wrong. But my experience in my family with lots of black male figures is that the men are/were the romantics.

That all said, black women are definitely and permanently damaged from slavery. The trauma from rape by white males with absolutely government impunity, probably is/was irreparable. But that's exacerbated by the fact that black men were/are broken beyond repair too. Guess we in 2020 just have to smile, recognize our history, and live standing up in this Biblical Hell called USA.

21 hours ago, Kareem said:

I just don't believe most black men in the late 1800s and early 1900s after slavery were mean, evil dickheads to their wives.

By today's standards, men were indeed "evil dickheads" to their wives. My grandfather was born in 1885. He passed before I was born, but my mother knew her father and she said he treated his wife like she was another one of his children. 

My grandfather was 35 years old before the 19th ammendment, giving women the right to vote, was passed and not everyone agreed that it was a good idea. Women were 2nd class citizens and treated accordingly.

My grandfather was a man of his time. 

On 2/1/2020 at 5:29 PM, Kareem said:

I assume it's just kids (people under 25). But black immigrants all fly their flags on social media, make certain to distinguish themselves from us, and just show general vitriol for black Americans. The retaliation is just as bitter, with many black Americans basically viewing black immigrants as illegal aliens, just like white people do Mexicans. They come here with a negative perception of black American culture because of rap and media. It's sad. But is what it is.

@Kareem Yes, but again, this is sad. Divide and conquer tactics, that is how I view it. And, I agree with you in that the hostility and arrogance goes both ways. 

No, I don't like it when I think foreign people of African descent seem to snub us.

However, I have so many African people and West Indians that are my friens, I hate to even think about the negative aspect. One of my sons is dating a young girl from the West Indies and she is so lovely. 

Just last week another young girl came up to me to share with me information about her church, and I shocked her, when I let her know I knew where she was from. I said to her, "you are from Eritrea, aren't you?" Well, she was so shocked that she ran up to me and grabbed me. She said, "how did you know!?" lol.

Deep down inside, I feel like she was stressed, like she is searching for something, for peace. So, I let her talke to me for a while. My heart goes out to her. 

But then, I dunno, some of the Eritreans can speak English much better than me. They can even cuss you out, in English! LOL.

On 2/1/2020 at 7:23 PM, Pioneer1 said:

I'm not saying she's ugly. She looks healthy and relatively normal, just not the most attractive person as far as I'm concerned.

@Pioneer1 Yes, I understand. I do believe that some women look great with short hair or no hair, but not for me.  

On 2/3/2020 at 11:40 PM, Troy said:

My grandfather was born in 1885. He passed before I was born, but my mother knew her father and she said he treated his wife like she was another one of his children. 

Oh yes. 

• 6 months later...
On 2/6/2020 at 1:20 PM, Chevdove said:

@Kareem Yes, but again, this is sad. Divide and conquer tactics, that is how I view it. And, I agree with you in that the hostility and arrogance goes both ways. 

No, I don't like it when I think foreign people of African descent seem to snub us.

However, I have so many African people and West Indians that are my friens, I hate to even think about the negative aspect. One of my sons is dating a young girl from the West Indies and she is so lovely. 

Just last week another young girl came up to me to share with me information about her church, and I shocked her, when I let her know I knew where she was from. I said to her, "you are from Eritrea, aren't you?" Well, she was so shocked that she ran up to me and grabbed me. She said, "how did you know!?" lol.

Deep down inside, I feel like she was stressed, like she is searching for something, for peace. So, I let her talke to me for a while. My heart goes out to her. 

But then, I dunno, some of the Eritreans can speak English much better than me. They can even cuss you out, in English! LOL.

@Pioneer1 Yes, I understand. I do believe that some women look great with short hair or no hair, but not for me.  

Oh yes. 

Late reply but the black women on this website have admitted they are grateful that slavery happened. They said this because they believe that slavery has benefitted black Americans versus Africans. The fonts on this website have signed petitions to do black immigrants and deport them to their respective countries. 

They also allude to black American selling their mothers if it meant they could have a white wife. These women have said most mixed kids from black men and non black women should die 

This forum is white owned. The white supremacist is actually a friend of the real owner, who is not Charity C. The admin has admitted to paying her employees who aren't black to moderate this website. Most of them make threads such as "Why do black men desire everything the white man does?" And "why are black women with dark skin the most abused, disrespected and unprotected group of women?" The fonts on this website have teamed up to hurt light skinned women in real life   

On 2/3/2020 at 1:33 AM, Kareem said:

Forgot to address this part. Everything you say is valid and likely. But I never remember black women "thirsting" over white dudes while degrading black men at any point in my existence, until like 2017-18. All black dudes I ever knew/know who have sex with white chicks definitely did not brag about it in front of other black people.

Black women hating black men today is purely an Obama/Oprah creation. In my heart, I just don't believe most black men in the late 1800s and early 1900s after slavery were mean, evil dickheads to their wives. Maybe I'm wrong. But my experience in my family with lots of black male figures is that the men are/were the romantics.

That all said, black women are definitely and permanently damaged from slavery. The trauma from rape by white males with absolutely government impunity, probably is/was irreparable. But that's exacerbated by the fact that black men were/are broken beyond repair too. Guess we in 2020 just have to smile, recognize our history, and live standing up in this Biblical Hell called USA.

Black women have been on a hate black men campaign since the mid to late 60s

Troy

I'm not sure what sex I love Black Forums  is....
But I've told you before that you're NOT going to get sizable AfroAmerican FEMALE participation in these forums unless you have virtually all female moderators and YOU will have to hide your presence...lol.

Too many of our sisters don't feel comfortable with a Black male being a moderator, or atleast being the chief moderator.

If you check out White forums you have White guys running shit from top to bottom and white women not seeming to care.....but look at a lot of Black forums and you have a virtual gender war.

I might be inclined to believe you, but prior to the advent of social media. Getting participation from women was not a problem.

Besides prior to the Amazon ban, I did virtually no moderation.

That said  I do believe participation would be higher with a Black female face and leadership. In fact, I believe AALBC would also do better if I were female.

Most of the previously successful indie book sites were/are led by women.

I'm actually gonna start looking for a Black female bookseller to work with me. If any one out there has an interest please email me troy@aalbc.com.

3 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

...look at a lot of Black forums

Where are these Black forums of which you speak? Share some URLs

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 8:46 PM, I love black forums said:

Late reply but the black women on this website have admitted they are grateful that slavery happened.

This forum is white owned.

Well... Really!? It's White owned!?

Then, this may be why some of the statements you mentioned seem so far fetched and totally strange. 

The fonts on this website have teamed up to hurt light skinned women in real life 

Wow! Okay, maybe this disrespect is meant to stir up conflict amongst Black people? 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest for now

I've been on lsa for a year now and here are my thoughts:

-It is honestly not a good website. Very toxic, hateful, and disgusting

-if you're not a dark skinned black women, dont bother joining. They are xenophobic, racist and anti Black male.

-all they like to talk about, is how BM are the weakest links, how they are at fault for everything, how WM are the best, etc.

-They are very sensitive and if you don't agree with their "experiences", you're considered white or privileged.

-Everything is about race with them and they DESPISE WW and biracial.

-Many of them do not want sons and think that BW should abort all their kids.

And thats just the tip of the iceberg. Nowadays, I stay in healthy living, psychic alley and the front porch. They're lighthearted.

Guess for now you're assessment of lipstick Alley seems harsh. I visit the site from time to time and that has not been my experience and I'm a black male.

I do however restrict my participation to the Book Alley and my activity there is pretty limited so I just may not have had the chance to experience what you have.

Are the sites, "healthy living, psychic alley and the front porch" black owned? If so I will check them out too.

I haven't visited LSA in YEARS.

It had a strong anti-male vibe back when I frequented it but that wasn't the problem for me.
I didn't have problems with the women on the board but it was a couple of the SIMPS that I used to get into with that turned me off.

Couldn't say anything that could even remotely be taken as sexist or chauvanistic without some clown trying to score brownie points with some woman on there attacking the statement.

I tend to be just as aggressive and masculine as I am now....and most of the women actually respected it and liked it.
But because men don't think like women, some of the simps would think I was being offensive and saw that as an opportunity.

If anyone remember the movie Baby Boy......
I would be the boyfriend Vinh Rhames played while some of those simp-dudes on LSA would be Jody, lol.

Five motifs that help us understand Baby Boy - Colossus

"You just don't GET it do ya, little nicca?
Ya see....
She's YOUR mother, but she's MY woman!
Your ass need to learn the difference"

• 1 year later...
Guest Francis Cress Welsing

Lipstick alley is indeed white owned. Condi has sold the site

Its very pro black women/ white men interracial although most of their experiences with white men are horrible

They detest white women and black men

There is a lot of digital blackface there but most of the colorist and racist statements are made by black women

The back alley is heavily moderated and thats because they want to protect non black users from getting exposed. After the skallawagga debacle, the back alley changed forever.

Lipstick alley used to be a decent forum prior to 2014

Sorry for the late response

Welcome to the forum Francis, I just approved you account and look forward to reading more of you.  By the way what prompted to to sign up?

After I created this post in 2017 someone who identified themselves as "Condi" say that Lipstick Alley was indeed Black-owned.  They are currently #12 on my top Black-owned sites, thought that may change after I update the ranking in a few minutes.

I'll research ownership again.

What would it take to get these discussion forums poppin' they way LSA was b in its Black-owned prime, or is that impossible in the age of social media?

39 minutes ago, Troy said:

Welcome to the forum Francis, I just approved you account and look forward to reading more of you.  By the way what prompted to to sign up?

After I created this post in 2017 someone who identified themselves as "Condi" say that Lipstick Alley was indeed Black-owned.  They are currently #12 on my top Black-owned sites, thought that may change after I update the ranking in a few minutes.

I'll research ownership again.

What would it take to get these discussion forums poppin' they way LSA was b in its Black-owned prime, or is that impossible in the age of social media?

Thank you.

I was once told that if black people stopped gossiping then they wouldn't have anything to talk about. I have noticed this at work especially. So, if you want to get these forums "poppin" you better start gossiping 

The sneakiness of the moderators is also another issue. They have their hands in many other black sites who all suffered the same. It eventually gets run over by white trolls. Its the same formula every time. S2S forum, nike forum, allhiphop, blackvoices, etc. The gateway is usually a bunch of self hating black people, then enter the non black people then eventually it get run over by racist trolls. 

• Like 1

************************************************************************************

2 hours ago, Dr Francis Welsin said:

The sneakiness of the moderators is also another issue. They have their hands in many other black sites who all suffered the same. It eventually gets run over by white trolls. Its the same formula every time. S2S forum, nike forum, allhiphop, blackvoices, etc. The gateway is usually a bunch of self hating black people, then enter the non black people then eventually it get run over by racist trolls. 

I post over there from time to time.  There's 

some good information to be found on all 

their various forum topics.  But there is also

a lot of drama and mess and the mods don't

do a good job tamping it down. 

There's really no way to tell who is who as

far as white people pretending to be Black. 

I don't understand what the point of a white

person being on a Black forum is anyway,

especially when there are so many white

forums they can participate in.  

************************************************************************************

The modding in white forums is a bit better and a bit more strict compared to black forums. The pinnacle of many black forums is the ability to freely talk poorly about other black people, all kinds of black people. I been banned from television forums and white forums for simply pointing out someone sexuality. It wasn't malicious either. Many people have extremely low self esteem so talking ish about other black people gives them a high. This is precisely why they come onto Black forums and key words to look for when you suspect someone is white or in digital blackface, they will constantly call another black person "ugly" or "stupid". Its frequent.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dr Francis Welsin said:

The modding in white forums is a bit better and a bit more strict compared to black forums. The pinnacle of many black forums is the ability to freely talk poorly about other black people, all kinds of black people. I been banned from television forums and white forums for simply pointing out someone sexuality. It wasn't malicious either. Many people have extremely low self esteem so talking ish about other black people gives them a high. This is precisely why they come onto Black forums and key words to look for when you suspect someone is white or in digital blackface, they will constantly call another black person "ugly" or "stupid". Its frequent.

@Dr Francis Welsin

Ugly or stupid is mild compared to some of the 

crazy insults people have called each other on 

here.

Have you seen the archives?

I have been off and on here for fifteen years 

and some of the things that have been said 

towards me and by me, I can't even believe 

some of the stuff that I have posted on here. 

Several of us stayed up all night long while 

me and another lady argued and insulted 

each other 24/7.  It was ridiculous.

I can't believe I haven't been banned.

I doubt that you would ever get banned.

If you want to talk about people being 

homos or whatever, this is your spot.

20 hours ago, Mzuri said:

I don't understand what the point of a white person being on a Black forum is anyway….

Oh that is easy. People get their kicks out of being trolls. I be seen people participate here for weeks then turn into a straight up troll out of nowhere. 

i had one presumably wire guy troll me here and all over the Internet. He was with clever and created some memes of me i even found funny. I kept a few but lost then over time, the way we all tend to lose digital assets over time….

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Guest Lipstick Alley hate bl men

Hi Troy. My name is Nini. I’ve been a user on lsa since 2014. This website does have black men. They prefer white men and have admitted they would rather a wm call them a n word er ending than a black man calling them baby in the moment of sex.

mods have stepped down or left because the site has gone to shit. Troy, an intelligent brother like you would be eaten alive and treated like 💩 if you even dare to communicate with those women who are ugly, fat, full of bw stereotypes and hate mixed or light skin bleach women.

Troy, a white man killed his girlfriend Lauren Smith Fields and the man was let go. The bw on lsa said it was her black brother who killed her when the white man drugged her.

they are very unhappy. Bm date out so they feel hurt. They encourage bw aborting black baby boys and abusing black baby girls. Most hate their mothers and fathers. They think black people are worthless.

the black women have no confidence and hate being black. They only like simps if you know what that means, not real niggas (their word not mine).

Troy, visit Stan alley so you can see them fight each other over rihanna, Whitney, Michael, Mariah, Beyoncé and the other superstars. They only praise bm with black dark wives cause they think it means they feel good about their lives. Visit colorism alley so you can see them fight over race, skin color and other shit.

Troy, if you hate Jamaican haitians Senegalese dark skin black americans Dominicans Nigerians then join xenophobia alley you’re at home. I’m sure you don’t hate them but there’s a lot of xenophobia there now. White fonts call black people ugly poor and n word hard er often but they still post.

they would call you gay or ugly or broke as a bm just for posting 

Guest, truth be told I only use and participate in "Book Alley." which on all accounts is superior to this site's Book Literature forum or any other Black book discussion forum that I have visited.  Or at least it was, as I have not posted there in about a years or so.  

I'm basing my claim on the number posts posts and post engagement.  I've posted several thing both here and on Lip Stick Alley's book forum and I always get more engagement there.

As far as the other forums dealing with the celebrity stuff I don't care about that kind of content so I've never bothered to look into it.  I can imagine however that, the celerity controversy draws people to the  site which, in turn, can bring people to Book Alley.

Celebrity disfunction drives traffic to many of the top Black websites.  "The Slap" was a prime example of this in action. I know I could drive more traffic to the site by focusing more on that type of content, but my lack of interest combined with the competition in the celebrity dysfunction space makes that unappealing to me.  Lip stick Alleys can own that space.

• 1 year later...

WOW!  I just found this thread today, and I joined this site almost 2 years ago.

I will add my input since I've been a member since 2009 (Nov). 

The board took a serious downturn around 2015 and has only gotten worse.  The racism (towards Whites, Asians, Black and Jewish people), colorism, stan culture and infighting amongst the men and women has made the board absolutely intolerable.

I've left and returned so many times over the past 14.5 years, and just came back because I enjoy certain areas of the board.

I do not participate in the Stan threads at all.

I was also a former moderator (over 5 subforums) and stepped down because of the constant DMs to me that I was being perceived as giving favoritism to a certain "font"/member when I was not, and the harassing I received.  I literally had an "Old Head" DM me and tell me that other members were bad mouthing me in private when I've never done anything to warrant this behavior.  I've always  minded my own business and enjoyed the fun.

I was always fair, provided a reasonable explanation why I infracted someone, and why that one person everyone accused me of giving favor was indeed not receiving it; that "font" made sure to NEVER act up when they knew I was lurking or responding to the same threads they were.

Also, posters do not realize that in the past, moderators assigned to certain forums, DID NOT have privileges to infract a poster if that was not their forum to moderate.  So that problem font could only receive an infraction BY ME in those 5 subforums I had responsibility for.

And Troy, I checked your first post on LSA, and I can't believe I responded in their twice 🤣

Slide1.PNG

Slide2.PNG

I used to post on LSA.
Too much cliquishness for me.

It's one thing to dialog or debate with an individual on a subject by subject basis.
It's another thing for entire groups of people to give  you the silent treatment and write you off simply because you aren't part of "their" little group.

• Like 1

@CHEEZITQUEEN well thanks for choosing to post here, finally 🙂

If it were not for a handful of regular posters, this form would be dead. Many of the posts here get a tremendous amount of views, but people don’t create accounts and if they do create an account, they don’t post.

since I have you here. You post on LSA, but it took you a couple of years to post here. Why did it take so long? 

I am contemplating the use of an open source social networks as the next iteration of this site software: https://bsky.app/profile/aalbc.bsky.social

I’ll check LSA out tomorrow 🙂 it have has been a few years… time really flies .