Comprehension is Intimately Intertwined with Knowledge

Wait, @Pioneer1 did you just throw a gratuitous "bigger penis" in there just for kicks?  What environment would a big penis not come in handy?  (oh God, I know the nasty-gram from Google is on it way now... we used the word "penis" on a page with their ads,... hey did anyone hear that?  That was my search engine ranking hitting the floor).

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Troy said:

Del who said Feynman was not smart?  The man is about as smart as they come. Feynman was used because it was government investigation a 3rd party is used in these situations. Man do you now anything about the investigation?  That was rhetorical question your statements make the answer obvious.

Yes Del, they still launched despite knowing the risk. Which is my point.  Feynman did not uncover the flawed o-rings or even NASA's poor management; this was all know the Rodgers commission made this public knowledge.

read appendix F.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

Wait, @Pioneer1 What environment would a big penis not come in handy?  

A male locker room.

Well at least not for me. You seem to feel it's good everywhere. 

Yes @Pioneer1 Google is the moral police, if you are part of their ad network.  But unlike the police who will bring you in front of a judge (usually) for due process, Google are judge, jury, and executioner.  In this particular case, I did not mean for you to change your post.  I was just making light of the situation, and thumbing my nose at Google by using the word myself.  Which is dangerous because Google could easily put me out of business in a heartbeat  (for real).

@Delano, a locker room is exactly where you want a massive package so you can show who the dominant male is...I guess you wouldn't know anything about that ;)

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

If you go to someone who is can see, but is illiterate and hand them a book.
That's GIVING them information.
But they still don't KNOW what they're seeing because they can't read and don't UNDERSTAND what they're seeing and receiving.

When someone just gets information or data....it's called AWARENESS.
They PERCEIVE information with their senses.
But in order to KNOW what they perceive they have to PROCESS that information and make sense of it.

But you can give an illiterate person information and facts by simply telling it to them. Not being  able to read doesn't render a person deaf and mute.   Once  you tell them something,  their innate intelligence will determine whether they will subsequently comprehend what they have been told. Slaves couldn't read or write but that didn't interfere with them comprehending things.   Griots are prime examples of oral communication.  They were fonts of information who verbalized the history of their people.

Awareness and knowledge are the same thing, as are comprehension and understanding.  You are confusing knowledge with wisdom.  Wisdom has to do with whether you wisely apply what you have comprehended in the course of living your life. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Troy said:

Yes @Pioneer1 Google is the moral police, if you are part of their ad network.  But unlike the police who will bring you in front of a judge (usually) for due process, Google are judge, jury, and executioner.  In this particular case, I did not mean for you to change your post.  I was just making light of the situation, and thumbing my nose at Google by using the word myself.  Which is dangerous because Google could easily put me out of business in a heartbeat  (for real).

@Delano, a locker room is exactly where you want a massive package so you can show who the dominant male is...I guess you wouldn't know anything about that ;)

It sounds like you know a lot about big penis in the locker room. 

Unlike yourself Iam not trying to impress much less look at other men's penis in the locker room. 

Del and Troy

When I was younger I used to glance around to compare myself.....lol.
Infact I thought I was the only one who did that UNTIL I was in my 20s and heard a few old men joking about it and found out it was quite normal.

I don't have an opportunity to be around other naked men much now a days and I don't rememer when I last went to a gym....lol.

After a few "sessions" I used to also ask women how I compared with the other men they'd been with.

I think most men are just competitive by nature.

Troy

That's the new game now....
Punishment by omission.

They get you "hooked" on something whether it's a cell phone, faster internet service, free advertising, or some other type of service.....and if you don't bow to their will then they punish you by threatening to or actually taking it away.

I've heard older people say that convincing so many Black people to move to urban areas was actually part of the same goal.

Up until about 70 years ago, MOST Black people lived in rural areas and were self sufficient.
Once so many of our people moved into the cities and had to rely on someone else to provide them with electricity, gas, water, ect......they were more easily controlled.

Cynique

But you can give an illiterate person information and facts by simply telling it to them. Not being able to read doesn't render a person deaf and mute.

This true.....but it's not the point.

Once you tell them something, their innate intelligence will determine whether they will subsequently comprehend what they have been told.

So now you're ADDING to the mix....lol.
You aren't relying on just TELLING them for them to know it, you're expecting "innate intelligence" to help them along.
Which means they still need a mechanism to help them to process the information you gave them before they KNOW it.

Slaves couldn't read or write but that didn't interfere with them comprehending things.

True, literacy has little to do with intelligence.....but that's not the point.

Griots are prime examples of oral communication. They were fonts of information who verbalized the history of their people.

This is true....but again it's not the point.
They didn't just parrot the information with no understanding, they KNEW the information they repeated.

Awareness and knowledge are the same thing

I'm sorrry....but no they aren't, lol.
They are two different words with two different meanings.

You are confusing knowledge with wisdom.

No I'm not.
YOU...on the other hand....are confusing merely receiving information from actually knowing it.

Wisdom has to do with whether you wisely apply what you have comprehended in the course of living your life.

True....but again this is not the point.

Information, knowledge, and wisdom are 3 different words with 3 different meanings.

@Pioneer1Your disagreement with what i've said  is no more valid than what i am saying.  You have not offered anything to refute what i say except your opinion that it is not so.  You supplied no definition to support your view but below are some  that i was compatiable with even before i looked them up,  and i which i consider more authoritive than your opinion, mostly because they makes more sense than your interpretations and are aligned with my life experiences.    These definitions are from various sources listed in GOOGLE.  Suffice to say that i don't accept your rebuttuals, and don't expect you to accept mine.  

Knowledge: " An acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, as from study or investigation; general erudition: knowledge of many things. 2. familiarity or conversance, as with a particular subject or branch of learning: A knowledge of accounting was necessary for the job."

Awareness: knowledge or perception of a situation or fact:

Definition of wisdom - the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgement; the quality of being wise."  and   "The fact or condition of knowing something with familiarity gained through experience or association."  

"Knowledge is gathered from learning and education, while most say that wisdom is gathered from day-to-day experiences and is a state of being wise. Knowledge is merely having clarity of facts and truths, while wisdom is the practical ability to make consistently good decisions in life.There is no wisdom without knowledge but there is knowledge without wisdom. 

So we simply have to agree to disagree. 

Delano

Troy and Pioneer if that turns you on, then congrats .

Seeing men with smaller ones than mine turns ME on....lol.

Cynique

.....here we go.

((shakes head))

If I handed you a newspaper printed in Chinese (assuming you don't know Chinese),  you would be AWARE of the words, you would PERCEIVE the words....but you still wouldn't KNOW what the information being handed to you meant because you don't undertand the language.

So although you were given information and you received it, you still didn't KNOW it.

Now if THAT illustration doesn't make things a clearer for you....then.......

• Haha 1

@Pioneer1 Puleeze.  You have conveniently overlooked everything else i wrote in my last post and have cherry picked the "awareness" issue, duplicating what i have already said about it. It's futile to continue this argument because everybody has their own interpretation of what words mean.  And don't try and portray your arguments as being any more logical than anyone else's, especially since you have a tendency to recycle what their argument is and claim it as your own.   Nobody ever said awareness meant you understood what you were aware of.  When you know about something what it means can be a mystery.  

On 12/9/2017 at 2:31 AM, Cynique said:

@Del  ...you seem to be saying that  having the "capability" to acquire information and facts automatically makes you able to understand them.  I disagree. I know the information about Einstein's formula, recognize it when i see it and know what it refers to but i do not understand the principle it illustrates.

Cynique

Lol......

Oh woooowww!

I'm sorry for not giving you credit for being the first person on the planet to acknowledge the difference between awareness and understanding!

I mean....lol....if YOU hadn't posted that comment first....I don't know WHAT type of thoughts I would have had on the subject because I was totally clueless as to the actual meaning of "understanding" until YOU came along and made a statement about it.

Funny thing is......
I'm not in a habit of reading everyone's comments on this site so I don't remember reading your statement to Del.

But wait.....I MUST HAVE!

I mean...lol....how else would I have been able to UNDERSTAND what "understanding" was and the difference between it and merely receiving information UNLESS I had read it from YOU first ????

;) I also want to thank you for teaching me how to tie a tie.

Oh no...no, no, no....I wanna give credit to where credit is due!

I thought I taught myself how to tie a neck tie but after serious consideration and self reflection based on your words above.....I do believe that it was YOU who actually showed me how.....but I just forgot.