Black History ,Alabama Election.

Alabama Election Night,Democrat Who Won Prosecuted The Klan,Members That Bombed The Alabama Church In 1963..Last,Night One Of The Four Girls That Died When The Church Was Bombed ,Her Sister Was On The News Last Night. Denise Mcnair's Sister. She Voted For Doug Jones....News Big,Black Voting  Turn Out,,Help Doug Jones Win..News ,Talk Show Host,Tavis Smiley ,PBS Suspends His Show Because Of ,Misconduct Allegations..Seems Each Week Somebody Is,Resigning,Or A High Up  Man ,Is Accused... Black Talkers On The,News Talking About Women Disrespected. NAACP,--Not,Explaining Why A Black Woman Not President Of The,NAACP....

• Thanks 1

Much of the major media is praising Black women of Alabama for being the ones who got Doug Jones elected.

They say over 98% of Black women voted for Jones.

Something tells me that their vote was more of a REJECTION of Moore than an EMBRACE of Jones.

I love my sisters down in Alabama, but I'm a little curious of what the White people who run much of the media is up to by focusing so much on the role of Black women when Black men voted for Jones at 95%.

Perhaps Del would know better, but I thought 98% and 95% would be considered "statistically" the same numbers.

Why couldn't they have just said that the Black community saved Jones, why focus on Black women in specific?

I would presume because the Brothers did not vote in meaningful numbers. 

If 98 percent of Black women voted for a candidate that is effectively everybody. You can't get 100% of anyone to do anything.  100% of Black women didn't even vote for Obama, and I don't think Jesus Christ (the white one) could have earned a higher percentage of the Black woman vote than Obama.

You know......
I really believe that one of the major reasons so many Black women voted for Obama wasn't simply because he was AfroAmerican, Democrat, or even his overall policies.....but also because of how he looked.

I've heard more than a couple women talk about how "fine" he was....purple lips and all, lol.

I wouldn't be suprised if some study comes to the conclusion that female voters choose male candidates based on their looks even more than MALE voters with women.

Obama is fione, from a woman's perspective, I believe because of his power, intelligence, and how they perceive his personality. Obviously, he is it average looking guy not ugly or strikingly handsome.

I do however think after seeing Hillary fail to command the female vote, that women simply prefer men to lead. 

• Thanks 1

The suggestion that black women voted for Obama because they thought he was "fione' is predictably ludicrous, considering the source of this idea.  Is that why black men voted for him?  Why wouldn't black people of all sexes vote for a qualified  person of their own "race" running for President against a rich white Republican. 

Black women stepped up in Alabama to vote for a nerdy-looking white southern male because it was in their best interest to do so; which is always what motivates sistas to make their presence felt.  How simple is that to figure out? White women are who defeated Hillary Clinton, and this can be attributed to their not trusting one of their own, or to dutifully following the lead of their husbands.  

The turnout in Alabama was impressive indeed!  Not only because of the value of the Black vote for opportunistic, power-wielding, White politicians; but because it may (hopefully) be an inspiration for more voting age Blacks (nationwide) to take part in election processes.

Jones is an opportunist too, but a better choice than Moore.  Black women have never ceased to step-up in a crisis.  My money has always been on the Black female; more so than males because the power in a Black woman's sense 'closeness' make her very dangerously nurturing in a world where reckoning is taken for granted.  

Or, maybe it's because I have five sisters and a tender, yet dominating mother whose every action is potentially fatal or a salvation.  Highly intelligent species, the Black woman!

Sister Cynique, I just noticed you’re from Illinois, great!!  “What’s up homegirl?” I am originally from Chicago, born and reared.  I attended St Joseph's elementary and Holy Trinity High.  My mother, a historian, attended UC.

It is a pleasure to (virtually) meet you.  I attended UCLA, UAA and currently on extended stay here in the Holy Land, Jerusalem Israel  (Palestine actually) for five years now; learning the holy languages while in the process of writing several books.

I do look forward extensive dialogue with you.  Please have a great day!!

• Thanks 1

@Kalexander2I'm from Maywood but have a few ties to Chicago via of in-laws.  Nice to make your  aquaintance.  i just commented on your first post, and what i said will introduce you to my contrarian tendencies. i will confess to you what i have said to everybody else, which is that i'm fed up with this country and everything that goes on here.  i am not optimistic about  black grievances and am fast becoming indifferent.  i think you will have more in common with the male posters on this site than me, because i'm not usually on the same page as they are.  But, stick around if you like to argue.  :o