Rev. Sharpton Gang Violence.

Rev Al Sharpton Met With Ministers To Discuss Social Problems,Lunatic President Trump Plans To Send Federal Agents Into Chicago To Stop The Violence. Some Think This Might Make Things Worse..Black Street Gangs Are Like Neo Nazi,KKK,Domestic Terrorist.. Rev. Sharpton Should Talk About The Church,Preachers Worship Money ,Lust For Women,Steal Church Money To Buy Cars,Homes,Entertain Women,Preachers,Beat Their Wives ,Be With  Prostitutes,Have Children With Mistresses,, 3 Black Preachers In Prison For Killing Their Wives..Talk About Black Men Having  Multiple Children ,With Multiple Women...Preachers,Politicians,NAACP Should Be Mentors To Black Boys Before They Get To High School...Preachers,Politicians ,NAACP Do Not Practice The Kwanzaa Principals To Uplift Communities...

Actually gangs are a NATURAL part of human society and it's in the biological make-up for most men to join gangs.

Police Departments are gangs

The Military is a gang....a violent one.

Political parties are gangs.

Men tend to be violent by nature and men stick together to both engage in violence and protect themselves from violence.

The only problem is, unlike most White men.....Western society doesn't give most Black and Brown men the proper structure to express THEIR natural behavior so the street gangs are a result of this.

The only way the so-called "gang problem" will be solved will be to allow Black and Brown men an opportunity to help RE-DESIGN this society in a way that they won't feel so left out.

@Pioneer1Fraternities are "gangs", too.  And they are well-represented in black society by the Kappas, the Alphas, the Omegas, and the Sigmas, all large nation-wide organizations which have been around for at least 100 years and which focus on uplifting black males and the black community. There are also the Masons.  America's black male population is not exactly bereft in the area of leadership teams. 

• Thanks 1

The term gang has a negative connotation and is a limitted perspective for why they exist. Like frats, gangs exisit to help people with shared perspectivies to derive a variety of benefits only possible from a group. Religions serve the same purpose.

They are indeed natural, but when you have charismatic leaders who exploit their leadership role the results can be catastrophic.

Our biggest problem has to do with how our "gangs" are valued and perceived by ourselves and others.

For poor, uneducated people the options are often limited to street gangs and the church, so I don't begrudge either institution at least until they start harming people.

• Thanks 1

I'm glad that I found you! Your pointing out that these different groups/organizations are actually considered "gangs" of the elite or intellectuals is fascinating!! I never looked at the comparison. They all exist to protect, educate and build the community. However, once either of these they lose sight of their purpose, their existence becomes detrimental to the culture and community.

10 minutes ago, Troy said:

Hi Mona, thanks for the kind words.  How did you discover our forum?

I did an extensive search for African American bloggers and your site returned as one of Google's hits.

Hi Mona, I have over the years provided a platform for Bloggers.  I maintain a database of Bloggers, allow people to create a blog here, maintain a forum to bloggers to exchanges ideas, and of course I blog myself.

Did you find what you were looking for?  I hope you don't mind me probing; I'm always interested in how people discover and use the website.

Thanks,

Troy

b : group: such as 
(1) : a group of persons working together 
(2) : a group of persons working to unlawful or antisocial ends; especially: a band of antisocial adolescents
2: a group of persons having informal and usually close social relations 
  • watching TV with the gang

Examples of gang in a Sentence

1. a gang of drug dealers

2. He is in a gang.

3. He was shot by a member of a rival gang.

4. the gang at the office

Origin and Etymology of gang

Middle English, "going, journey, road, path, privy, group of items forming a set," going back to Old English, "going, walking, journey, course, path, privy," going back to Germanic *ganga- (whence Old Saxon gang "walk, course," Old High German "walk, journey, passage," Old Norse gangr "going, course," Gothic gagg "way"), noun derivative from the base of *gangan- "to go" — more at 1gang
NOTE: The meaning "set of articles" apparently first appeared in Middle English, the now predominant meaning "group of persons" in early Modern English (hypothesized instances of this sense in Middle and Old English are dubious). A direct descendant of Old English gang in Modern English would be gong (with the effects of vowel lengthening before the cluster -ŋg- and subsequent rounding of the long vowel in monosyllables), but this survived into Modern English only in the sense "privy"—the now general form gang for other senses was borrowed into standard English from northern dialects and Scots, where rounding never occurred. Use of both the noun and verb gang in its historical senses, denoting motion or passage, is now largely limited to traditional Scots.

gang Synonyms

Synonyms
army, band, brigade, company, crew, outfit, party, platoon, squad, team
Related Words
battalion, corps, troop; force, host, posse, stable, troupe; administration, department, help, personnel, staff
Near Antonyms
loner; individualist

gang

Definition of gang

transitive verb
1a : to assemble or operate simultaneously as a group
b : to arrange in or produce as a gang
2: to attack in a gang 
  • Hoodlums ganged him and took his money.
intransitive verb
: to move or act as a gang

Origin and Etymology of gang

derivative of 2gang

GANG Defined for English Language Learners

gang

noun

Definition of gang for English Language Learners

• : a group of criminals

• : a group of young people who do illegal things together and who often fight against other gangs

• : a group of people who are friends and who do things together

GANG Defined for Kids

gang

noun  \ ˈgaŋ \

Definition of gang for Students

1: a group of people working or going about together
2: a group of people acting together to do something illegal 
  • a gang of thieves
3: a group of friends 
  • I invited the gang over.

Law Dictionary

gang

Legal Definition of gang

: a group of persons associating for antisocial and often criminal purposes and activities

Yes there are a variety of both technical and colloquial uses for the word "Gang." Were you simply providing more information or was there a point you were interested in making?

Funny your post brought to mind the debate here between Information and knowledge.  You posted a lot of information about the word gang, but it would have been more interesting to read what knowledge you, personally, were attempting to convey.

• Thanks 1

Did anybody contest these definitions Del provided, or object to the use of the word "gang' as applied to a group with a common bond?  I made reference to fraternities being gangs, and specifically accredited the black ones with having the goal of uplifting black men....

Gangs are also a surrogate family for young people who usually come from BROKEN families.

A gang offers consolation when you're sad and people who have your back and will listen to your problem.....mother's role.
Rules and street codes as well as punishments for breaking them along with the leadership of alpha males......representing the father's role.

There's a reasons why many prominent males in Black America have historically called themselves "Daddy" or "Father".

Father Divine.
Puff Daddy
Big Poppa
Big Daddy Kane

Troy

You posted a lot of information about the word gang, but it would have been more interesting to read what knowledge you, personally, were attempting to convey

Thank you for highlighitng the fact that there is INDEED a difference between information and knowledge.
Further supporting my position.

@Pioneer1 Naturally, i disagree that what Troy said supported your position.  He was merely observing that Del had a chance to support your position but didn't do it. And  apparently the reason why Del didn't do this was because he supplied so many different definitions of knowledge that all he could do would be to give his personal preference.   

Cynique

Naturally, i disagree that what Troy said supported your position. He was merely observing that Del had a chance to support your position but didn't do it.

Ofcourse you naturally disagree with it....because you naturally disagree with everything I state, lol.

But if you read Troy's words (and obviously Troy can speak for himself) he said:

"You posted a lot of information about the word gang, but it would have been more interesting to read what knowledge you, personally, were attempting to convey."

His statement first comments on the INFORMATION presented but then he inserts a "BUT" before commenting on the KNOWLEDGE he says is lacking.

That "but" he inserted clearly dilineates the difference between two separate concepts.
The concept of INFORMATION and the concept of KNOWLEDGE.

@Pioneer1Maybe Troy was being sarcastic or - more like you put your own spin on his words.   I suspect that he has never really taken sides on this issue because he, like everybody else,  has better things to do. You're the only one who keeps belaboring the point, ignoring semantics and multiple definitions in your desperate effort to confine a flexible word in the cage of your opinion -  and to provide yourself with the validation that will enable an erection.   

😳  my facts aren't hard...      

"The only way the so-called "gang problem" will be solved will be to allow Black and Brown men an opportunity to help RE-DESIGN this society in a way that they won't feel so left out."

And what is preventing them from doing so? You, like everyone else in this country, are to free to organize any type of gang or organization you desire. People do it every single day. You are free to form a collective that shares a common ideology or goal. What is preventing them from doing so? just curious.....

• Thanks 1