Calling all amateur psychiatrists

I'm curious.  Does anybody have any theories as to why  i am so routinely in disagreement with Pioneer?  I, myself, have no clue as to why most of the things he says invoke my opposition.  This is not something i have to work at; my rejection is genuine and readily forthcoming when it comes to the majority of Pioneer's assertions, - as opposed to former poster, Chris Burns, who i always agreed with. Strange. i actually disliked former poster Sara as a person, and this fueled my compulsion to dismantle her deviousness.  When it comes to Mel, her ideas are so fresh that what she says coaxes my  approval.   i have normal relationships with Troy and Del, either agreeing or disagreeing with them, depending on the subject. Harry Brown always makes me smile unlike Pioneer who automatically makes me shake my head.  Wonder why?

Unfortunately, i am not mellowing with age.  Maybe i spend too much time on social media and watching TV because so much of what i see and hear turns me off, and i'm becoming a misanthrope.  Solitude serves as my retreat because me, myself, and i always agree there.  Laughter is my salvation because this country is a ridiculous place full of crazy people. i'm one of them, you say. 

🤨

• Like 2

@Cynique  I recently heard (or I think I read) why some people disagree on everything... and I even pondered  it and thought wow that's me.  Now I can't remember LOL!    

As for me, I suspect Pioneer is a composite.  I think more than one person writes his responses. Or Maybe there's a Pioneer1 but others chime in on his account.  I'm not saying that he's "sybil" with split personalities but I look at the archive conversations at times  and when I read his old responses I  get the sense we are not always communicating with the same person.  In fact, I quoted something he wrote and he didn't seem to remember it.    There are phrases that Pioneer uses at times that gives me the feeling he's from a country/island like Guyana.   I'm no expert in forensics linguistic but every now and then I'll read text and it feels either foreign or he's from a place that time forgot.  But there's a pioneer from Michigan but I don't think he always responds in this forum.

So maybe you disagree with him because  it's your way of unmasking him.  :o

Or maybe this entry can go in my blog "careful, or you'll end up in my novel :D

Edited by Mel Hopkins
typo we should be HE
  • Haha 1

LOL

Cynique

I always thought you considered my presence to be a threat...........

I don't really check out the other sections of this site but from what I've seen, you enjoy your status as one of Troy's most favored if not THE favorite poster and have enjoyed this for years....even before I started posting.

When I came along and Troy showed respect and favor towards me (not OVER YOU, but just a general liking and respect for another brother with an opinion) I don't think you cared too much for it and figured that since I was a Black male like he...that somehow he'd eventually move YOU out of his "favorite" spot and put me in it.

Also, besides the content/subjects that I post that you may disagree with.....I think the sheer VOLUME of my posts is also an issue with you.

Unlike most people who disagree with you and leave after a few days or weeks, I've stayed on here for years and post fairly frequently.
So my "staying power" probably contributes to your feeling threatened by my presence.

There's also a slight hint of attraction...lol.....yeah...I WENT there.

I don't expect you to admit it anytime soon, but in real life in the social/political arena....I've noticed that some of my biggest female detractors actually find my strongly opinionated demeanor attractive in a primal and masculine way and many of them have actually admitted this to me.

I think all of this combined has saturated your mind and affects your responses to me.

Now what I just said may sound silly to some, but after observing you and how you've responded to me over the years....it seems pretty plausible.

I've worked with people from different parts of society, doing conflict resolution among various people and especially AfroAmericans for many years so I've learned some basic concepts of how the human mind works and how the most seemingly unrelated or silliest things are often at the root of many conflicts between people.

Pioneer who automatically makes me shake my head. Wonder why?

Then I'll manspl explain it......
Because when I come, I have a crucifix in one hand and some holy water in the other and you can't stand either one.

You don't need a psychiatrist, what you need is an EXORCIST.

Or TD Jakes....lol.

Mel

Guyana??????

Woman are you serious.....lol.

@Pioneer1As usual, i disagree with you. Where to begin? You flatter yourself. A threat, you are not. i could see this being a scenario with Mel, - but you?? No way.  And let me make it clear that i have never felt Troy took you as seriously as you take yourself. i am not threatened by anyone who comes here and helps to keep things lively and interesting because very much of the time i have nothing to say, so i feed off of what other people post or - i write silly little essays like this thread. i also appreciate that Harry Brown always supplies good subjects for me to take to another level. If i had wanted to be the center of attention, i would've started my own blog.

I anticipated that you would offer the theory that you did, and your self-serving rationale proved this. (Your words could've came straight out of the mouth of sara, another numbskull incapable of critical thought. LOL)  But, believe it or not, when you don't post for a while, i actually hope that i haven't driven away the most prolific poster this site has.  Even if your dissertations are often too tedious and mundane for me to finish because they are so fraught with opinionated generalizations, i am  aware that others may not feel this way. I often wondered why lurkers wouldn't step up and support you, - while others like Xeon were quick to take you down. Your wimpy post a while back, expressing jealousy about my slighting you, even made me feel guilty. The one thing i always gave you credit for, however, was that you didn't seem to seem be a braggart.  Boy, has that changed!  And to make matters worse, you're deluded.  EGADS!

But thanks for your response, and I hope you're grateful that i provided you with an opportunity to get  a lot of things off your chest. And to show that they're are no hard feelings, i am perfectly willing to have Troy relieve me of any obligation that comes with having a forum bearing my name, and to change the title of this board to "Pioneer's Corner" so you can ramble to your heart's content, preaching an inocuous gospel according to Nearpie.  i am so jaded about everything, it's possible that my negativity casts a pall over the scene and new blood is needed to rejuvenate this place.  A conclusion a truth seeker could come to.   

BTW, one credible theory in regard to my reaction to you could have something to do with a gnat. 

🤣

Lol, Cynique....Cynique....Cynique.......

Actually your post adds MORE credibility to my assertion!

In a sarcastic "half playing" way you basically revealed that half of what I said was actually TRUE.
You just gave your own twisted spin on WHY it was true.

A threat, you are not. i could see this being a scenario with Mel, - but you?? No way

Mel is a female and perhaps poses a threat to your status is ANOTHER way such as getting more of Troy's attention.
But you don't post on this site for sexual attention....not in a DIRECT way.
You want the basic....overall....in general....attention and that's where I become a threat to you.

However concerning Mel, I will say this.......
I think that because of you slight attraction towards ME, you see Mel is a threat to that.
You probably think I may end up paying more attention to her than to you.....lol.

But, believe it or not, when you don't post for a while, i actually hope that i haven't driven away the most prolific poster this site has.

Basically you admit that when I don't post for a while you get frustrated and wonder when you "see" me again.
Sorry, "Daddy's" kinda busy now a days....lol

very much of the time i have nothing to say, so i feed off of what other people post or - i write silly little essays like this thread

Because you want attention.....
And anyone who threatens to take some of that attention away become a threat to you.

And to show that they're are no hard feelings, i am perfectly willing to have Troy relieve me of any obligation that comes with having a forum bearing my name, and to change the title of this board to "Pioneer's Corner"

Now you're trying to put pressure on Troy to "choose" between us....lol.
Further supporting my assertion that you see me as a threat.

You're fairly confident that this will never happen, but this is your way of expressing your frustration of such a strong personality being present.
Kind of like how a jealous wife will point at every woman she sees her husband looking at and tell him to go hop in bed with her or give his ring to HER and marry HER instead.

BTW, one credible theory in regard to my reaction to you could have something to do with a gnat.

You mean you're attracted to my presence like a gnat is attracted to a dog's testicles?
I insinuated that earlier.
There is a possiblity that your constantly arguing with me is a way of getting my attention and enjoying some "masculine energy" coming your way.

Troy gives it to you in a positive way, and you get it from me in a more "negative" way.....although I'm probably not as heavy handed towards you as you would like me to be....lol.

In other words....you'd LOVE for "daddy" to whoop that ass from time to time, but I won't take the bait.

BTW, I haven't gotten anything off "my" chest......I just revealed what was in YOURS.
There are a lot of things I'm feeling and thinking that I haven't posted and will NEVER post, lol.

• Haha 1

SMH and LMAO. Again, why would i consider a nutcase like you a threat?  Certainly there's nothing you can do to me.  You can post from now until kingdom come and i would not be affected.  Your presence here doesn't prevent me from saying or doing anything i choose; you do not inhibit, intimidate or appeal to me in any way, except in your twisted imagination.  i mentioned Chris Burns and Xeno.  Two bright, articulate guys who formerly posted here and who i invariably agreed with or was enlightened by, and who I was sorry to see go, and wish they would come back because you are a sorry fill-in who reeks with mediocrity.  The last guy who posted here, gave me the creeps and i didn't care whether he stayed or went because i intended to steer clear of him.  Del is a distant figure whose enigmatic posts always leave me wanting more.  Mel is someone else i appreciate because she has such pithy things to say. Troy is remarkably objective and very smart! He and I don't bite our tongues around each other and often disagree; i don't think we ever fully resolved our mansplaining smack-down.    He doesn't pamper me, and i don't lean on him.  Another figment of your deluded imagination. And as far my giving him a choice between me and you,  i was serious.  i'm burnt out.  You might be a novelty; a magnet for those looking to have their stale ideas reinforced, - or a good target for those looking to debunk nonsense.  

You have mentioned from time to time that you are nothing to look at.  The tone of your words is always like a drone to me.  You exude neither charm, sharp wit or great intellect, all of the things that command my admiration. Everything i know about you converges into an image of a poor ol repulsive reject, trapped in a dead-end world of his own making who, among other fantasies,  pathetically thinks an 84-year-old woman has the hots for him.  Puleeeeeeze.  You got it all wrong, babe.  You are simply  my whipping boy.   i have access to a personable 72 year old boy toy, a flesh and blood specimen who is trying to get next to me, promising to light my fire.    i don't have to come to this board to get my jollies.  Especially if you are what constitutes jollies!  EU. Just another example of how stunted your mind is.  

Finally, you are so caught up in putting your spin on things, that you can't see how transparent you are.  Your ego-manical rant provides a perfect portrait of someone out of touch with reality.  You're who could benefit from some psychiatric attention. Maybe that'll be my next post in my effort to keep things interesting.  

Mel offered some intriguing input about you being a composite.  Maybe so.  In any case, birds of a feather flock together and all of you suck.   :lol:

AUDIENCE

That was a pretty emotional post....lol.

Sharp and insulting.

I'm sure some people are saying, she sho' told HIM.

But to those following this thread I'd ask you not to pay too much attention to her insults or how well she was able to articulate them and make them seem snappy.

I'd ask you to FOCUS.

************FOCUS*****************

Focus on what?

Focus.....not on her insults or how well she can articulate them but on the actual SUBJECT of the thread and the reason she started it in the first place.

Dig it.....

She actually STARTS A THREAD asking...pretending to joke about it but we all know she is actually being a bit serious...why she can't ever seem to agree with me on most topics.

After a few posts I finally respond with basically 2 solid answers:

1. Because of my strong opinion and frequency of posting she either consciously or subconsciously considers me a threat to her status here.

2. She actually has a slight attraction towards me which is even more frustrating and is probably why she continues to respond to my posts even though she PRETENDS to disagree with them.

Now forget all of her witty responses and insults and **FOCUS** on what I said....because it's either true or false.

Despite all of her insults and attempts to distract people from the actual subject of the thread she started, what I said about Cynique is either TRUE or it's NOT TRUE.

Let's see..........

She said:

And as far my giving him a choice between me and you, i was serious.

But in the very same paragraph above she said:

why would i consider a nutcase like you a threat? Certainly there's nothing you can do to me. You can post from now until kingdom come and i would not be affected. Your presence here doesn't prevent me from saying or doing anything i choose; you do not inhibit, intimidate or appeal to me in any way, except in your twisted imagination.

So if my presence posed no threat to her, why is she complaining about being "burnt out" and wanting to just leave and hand the forum over to me?

That's what you say to or about someone you feel is taking all the limelight or hogging the attention.

It's REALLY a bullying technique that is usually used as a last resort by women.

I've seen it being used by some women in my personal life as well as some women in my family....usually the domineering types.

They fight and cuss and insult to get their way but when it no longer works and someone stands up and challenges them....the last resort is to threaten to leave the home or leave the relationship.

Cynique is attempting the same thing.

My original claim was that she sees my presence as a THREAT.....and her every post proves it including her threatening to just give up and hand the title over to me....lol.

As for my second claim of her having a degree of attraction which further adds to her frustration.....
I admit I have no solid proof of this and it could be mere speculation, but I've had enough social interactions both online and offline to know a little bit of how someone really feels about me.

We all know the rules of the internet; when you really don't like someone you IGNORE them.
You don't constantly have exchanges with them for months and months on end.
Her emotions toward me are obviously strong one way or the other.

Cynique

You really need to stop...lol.

Like your favorite singer Prince said, you need to act your age....not your shoe size.

If I REALLY THOUGHT you were going to leave because of me....I would bow out and not put Troy in the position of having to ask me to leave or ban me just to keep a well known combative poster who no one but him seems to get along with from leaving instead....lol.

But I don't believe YOU want to leave nor do I believe you want ME to leave.
Well....part of you probably does.
But the other part feeds off the negative energy you generate by arguing with me and THAT part wants me to stay.

But I'll tell you this much......

That little "if you don't give me what I want I'll run away" bullying technique may work with some women like Sara or Kola, but now your dealing with a MAN.

And if you DON'T need a psychiatrist right now, keep fucking with me and you WILL....lol.

Words of a desperate loser...hoping to save face.  Admit it.  Your clock has been cleaned.  Get over it and move on.  Your meltdown has answered my question.  i always disagree with you because it's difficult to agree with a lunatic.  

🤭

Cynique

Your meltdown has answered my question. i always disagree with you because it's difficult to agree with a lunatic.

Let me get this straight......

YOU are the one calling for a psychiatrist to help you figure yourself out....
YOU are the one who claimed to be tired and burnt out and ready to give up....

But you're accusing OTHER people of having meltdowns??????

LMAO

Troy

Lol.....

Man you KNOW you done seen this thread !!!!

Probably read it 5 or 6 times by now.

Say something.....shit....lol.

You know folks are curious to know what your thinking.

LOL, yes @Pioneer1, I did see this thread. I think @Cynique is sincerely interested in understanding why she disagrees with you so often.  As she implied she does not dislike you you, I think you seem like a good natured fellow too.

Cynique I think the issue with Pioneer is that he is incorrigible.  He can't be reasoned with because he is more interested in "winning," the debate, or advancing his world view rather than gaining new insight or knowledge.  For example, @Delano and I can have a heated debate, but at some point he or I will concede a point and I would never assume to debate him on a subject that he has clearly studied and knows more about. 

As far as subjective topics where there really is no "right" or "wrong" answer -- just different opinions I tend to relate to Pioneer --  even when we disagree -- because I may have held his opinion previously or I know many people who do.  I doubt you share this experience with him.  This may be due to differences in gender, age, and class. 

• Thanks 1

@Troy Thank you for being objective and putting things in perspective.  Pioneer has turned into a drama king, unable to discern that when it comes to my facetious request,  IT. AIN'T.THAT.SERIOUS.   

@Pioneer1Your frenetic performances directed at your phantom audience were better than any psychiatric input when it comes to satisfying my curiosity as to why i reject you. How you have reacted to this whole thing has provided great insight and revealed what makes you tick.  The way you have framed this whole situation is how you deal with life in general.  You plant little "that's-the-way-it-is" scenarios in your head, and they take root amidst an environment where your brain is on lock down, imprisoned in an ego-centric cell where the bars are forged from your myopic mentality. 

Let me express how i feel you have magnified the importance of having a name attached to this site.  "Cynique's Corner" is  a  honorarium that Troy bestowed upon me for some reason that only he knows.  i have no authority or say-so about anything that goes on here. Once in a while when newbies get a little testy,I remind them that controversy is the real name of the game on this site. Rarely do i try and pull rank. And with all due respect to Troy, and contrary to your impression, having a forum named for me means nothing. It garners no prestige or privilege. Those who come here couldn't care less about the name, because the subject matter is the draw.  Furthermore, whether or not the name "Cynique" remains a fixture in the future, will not affect me in any way. i am very open to the possibility of a name change that would remove the pall of my cynical contrariness.   The idea of my falling out with Troy or boycotting a place where i can come and share my thoughts is ludicrous. Whatever the circumstances, i will continue to post here whenever i have something i want to throw out there.  

Ah, -  but you have injected sinister overtones into the proceedings, giving things the pioneer treatment . In addition to presenting your theory about me viewing you as a threat because you write long posts with videos and pictures, you go on to portray me as a scheming bitch jealously guarding my turf, and secretly turned on by your attention.  Of course,  you cast yourself as the hero, a muscle-flexing MAN warning me not to fuck with you, something i found more funny than anything. What can you really do to shut me up?  You further accuse me of using bullying tactics and giving Troy ultimatums.  Puleeze.  Eager to  gain Troy's approval, squirming in the clutches of your anxiety, you pressure him to take sides.  Fortunately he didn't,  because it makes him no difference. Nobody is bug-eyed and frothing at the mouth about this situation but YOU. Why?  Because you are deluded and paranoid.  i am aware of my flaws and I own up to them, but you cling to the idea that you are infallible. To do otherwise would apparently damage your inflated self esteem. Get a grip.  Ditch the self-aggrandizement and develop some self-awareness.

I'm sure a rebuttal to all of this will be forthcoming, and we'll be back to square one.  So be it. 

Well you answered you own question regarding pioneer Cynique.  This line is classic;

"...and they take root amidst an environment where your brain is on lock down, imprisoned in an ego-centric cell where the bars are forged from your myopic mentality."

Are you this witty in real time? :lol:

I named the forum for you because your contributions are prodigious in both depth and duration.  These forums exist because of your contributions.  If you were not here the forums would be much less valuable.  I still believe contributions are worth of a book.  Your dedication deserves more than I can return.  Naming the site for you may one day really mean something.  I would be really nice if you can see that day.

At the same time all of the regular contributors -- even Pioneer -- make this sites possible and give it life.  I welcome indeed need his contributions too. So even when I disagree with him, I welcome his input.

The literature site is named for Thumper.  Even the address of this site pay homage to him  https://aalbc.com/tc The "tc" stands for Thumpers Corner.   But Thumper who posted here for over a decade has not posted here in years.  This Cynique gives your contributions even more weight because of you longevity.  The literature forum will always be Thumpers Corner and the Culture board will always be Cynique's Corner.

Over the years we had some great contributors.  I miss @Thumper@ABM , @a_womon, Yukio, and so many others. I appreciate @Xeon popping by every now and then and I hope @zaji shares a bit more too.

This forum is only as good as the participant's contributions. The very fact we that were are still here in the face of social media is really quite an accomplishment.  When I see the success of forums like Lipstick Alley, it gives me hope for the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Troy

Unlike disagreeing with you or Del, Cynique actually GOES OUT OF HER WAY to disagree with me.
It has nothing to do with my actual positions and content of my posts.
As I've said before, even if she AGREES with a particular position.....once I agree with it she'll turn around and change her mind, lol.

When I see the success of forums like Lipstick Alley, it gives me hope for the future.

One of the reasons Lipstick Alley is "successful" is because it is a heavily moderated website aimed specifially at Black WOMEN and not men.
I've noticed that women in general seem to flock to heavily moderated websites, especially where most of the moderators are women.

I'm not sure if women love it because it gives them a sense of security, but most men hate it because of it's restrictive nature.

Lipstick Alley is also "pro gay".....and I'm sure they're getting a lot of funding from special interest groups to stay alfloat as well as a lot of advertizing .

Also I've noticed that it seems to be more gossipy and less academic or literature oriented.....and a lot of negroes LOVE that, lol.

Cynique

You further accuse me of using bullying tactics and giving Troy ultimatums. Puleeze. Eager to gain Troy's approval, squirming in the clutches of your anxiety, you pressure him to take sides. Fortunately he didn't, because it makes him no difference. Nobody is bug-eyed and frothing at the mouth about this situation but YOU

Lol.....
If I were you I wouldn't read TOO MUCH into my asking Troy to respond.

I simply asked for Troy's responses because I...and I'm sure others....was curious to see what was on his mind when reading this exchange where his name was frequently being brought up.....as I would be.

When I saw that he had posted on a couple other threads then I realized he couldn't have missed this one.

Troy says you're witty, but I think you just let your imagination RUN AWAY from time to time.

Why don't you give one of us the phone number of your 72 year old "stud muffin" so we can call him and tell him to come get his girl when you're on here acting a straight up FOOL....lol.

@Pioneer1Typical of how you  create your own scenarios  and carve them into the wet cement of your brain, is how you  continue to bring up my mention  of a  someone i have referred to as "trying to get next to me in the hope of lightening my fire", something your twisted imagination characterizes as  a hot romance.   I guess my debunking your pathetic theory about my being enamored of your masculine charms has put you in a projection mode.  Also typical is how you can't accept what has become obvious. I disagree with you more than i do others here because they aren't stuck on stupid like you are.  And your assertion that i reverse my positions and agree with you is a perfect example of your stating opinion as fact.  

• Haha 2

I like discussing topics and ideas. Since it is the opportunity to learn. Discussing a topic with someone more knowledgeable means learning more.

Everyone has a particular style of communicating. Which may be related to their personality or rather their personsa.

Why are people posting, what do they expect abd what are they trying to do. 

Also there is objectivity flexibility experience combative. 

Cynique you're the top dog. The pecking order if regulars is: Cynique Mel Troy Pioneer. 

Although Troy can change is position more quickly. And appears less wedded to ideas than anyone else I mentioned. 

Mel is really informed. There are three groups of people I find very interesting Writers Rappers and Comics. 

10 minutes ago, Cynique said:

That's a good pun.  :lol:

Thank you. The real vs the abstract. Time vs belief. 

It's one of my favorite quotes. 

Thank you @Cynique. The real vs the abstract. Time vs belief. 

Thank you. The real vs the abstract. Time vs belief. 

• Thanks 2

@Pioneer1, I agree with a lot of what you said about Lipstick Alley. It is a very gossipy site which of course is part of its appeal. It definitely skews female and is heavily moderated. I can reply to comments in the books forum, but I cannot initiate my own new conversations. I also find the group to be somewhat cynical and snide, but also funny too.

Virtually everyone there hides their identity behind pseudonyms and avatars. I guess this gives people the freedom to say whatever they want. I never was a fan of this because when you are truly free you can always say what you want without hiding behind a fake identity. 

It is a massive discussion forum the vast majority of it would be impossible for me to read. So my opinion is not unlike that of the blind man feeling a small part of an elephant.

I did communicate with the owner of the website who confirmed that it was black-owned, but we did not develop a relationship.

Pioneer have you, or anyone else, participated there?

• Like 1

Freedom of thought is a choice that you have to make. Most people aren't aware they have that option.  In one of my marketing classes I heard the following: Comsumers will often buy the same brand their parents bought.

Its clear that Mel and Cynique are writers. 

Althoug we each have our own worldview , that doesn't make it the world's view. Nor does that mean our view or the world's view is correct. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delano said:

Althoug we each have our own worldview , that doesn't make it the world's view. Nor does that mean our view or the world's view is correct. 

@Delano

img_3879.jpg

8 hours ago, Troy said:

Virtually everyone there hides their identity behind pseudonyms and avatars. I guess this gives people the freedom to say whatever they want. I never was a fan of this because when you are truly free you can always say what you want without hiding behind a fake identity. 

@Troy  Ditto " Facts

On 2/1/2018 at 3:29 PM, Cynique said:

You plant little "that's-the-way-it-is" scenarios in your head, and they take root amidst an environment where your brain is on lock down, imprisoned in an ego-centric cell where the bars are forged from your myopic mentality. 

@Cynique

Daaayum! This is fabulous!    I need to post this on my pc - so that I'm always reminded not to do this!  All learning stops at this level. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Delano said:

Very true.  The longer i live, the more i realize that  everyone is the center of their own universe and the creator of a comfort zone that is governed by their ego.  This is a coping mechanism that enables insecure individuals to dodge the slings and arrows of reality.  Those who have the courage to  view themselves objectively and relate to the world at large are who command my admiration.  i have always found the most engaging and endearing folks to be those who don't take themselves too seriously and are able to poke fun at their foibles.  They invariably turn out to be the most intelligent also.   

• Like 1

@Troy I have to disagree. If you cant accept someone's opinion it is impossible to have an open mind. 

I don't want any prejudices . Otherwise i am a bigot/racist/misogynist/ etc. 

And while some may think prefermce is not the same. Does anyone say bigots ate open minded. 

Toe there is a small leap between not accepted different ideas or opinions. and different people. 

•  
  •  
  •  

Perhaps it is related to your being comfortable critiquing and psychoanalysing the men. Which you don't do with Mel.

You are a better writer than all of the men here. You treat men on the  forum the way men treat women in the world. It's not that you don't take men seriously. Its just you feel that the writing reflects half baked ideas.

Also sometime in 2017 the main participants all had a fractious and emotional interaction with another member.

Your reaction to this post is more important than disagreement or its validity. 

• Like 1

You can acknowledge someone's opinion and accept their right to have one, and at the same time, disagree with it.

The problem is when you disagree with that opinion coming from someone, but then turn around and AGREE with the very same opinion when it's coming from someone else!

That's not simply a problem.

That's injustice.

That's what you do....best....lol.

Del I don't treat men the way I treat women.  I know of course some women will have a problem with that and others would applaud it.  But that is the way it is for me.

I've never put my hand on a woman or spoken to one in a disrespectful manner (that I can recall).  I tend to be more courteous to women than men and will do more for them like hold open doors or give up my seat on the train.  I also don't treat my elders the same way I'd treat someone my junior.

Perhaps it is my nature. Perhaps it was the way I was raised.  Perhaps it is a combination of both.

• Like 1

Well, Pioneer you keep insisting that  i turned around and agreed with you during the knowledge and information debate. what i said is that information supplies an awareness of something, and knowledge is equivalent to being aware of something but I also said from the get-go that knowledge is not necessarily synonymous with comprehension.  Do you agree with that?    

but I also said from the get-go that knowledge is not necessarily synonymous with comprehension. Do you agree with that?

Yes.
But you also said that knowledge was information and facts.

Your argument was pretty much that knowledge = facts/information.

My argument was that knowledge = facts + understanding

14 hours ago, Delano said:

Which you don't do with Mel.

I dunno, @Del  this  assessment seems inaccurate.    I admire @Cynique 's thought process and construction.  So early on and now  I would seek clarification or ask her to expand on a thought.  Our exchange is psychoanalytic sans the resistance.      And I appreciate that Cynique "sees" me.  I appreciate our constructive exchanges.   

It's not a man vs woman thing.   Anyone who finds constructive criticism challenging, usually struggles with attachment.   Cynique has a gift of unmasking that thing we're attached to.   Maybe that's why our conversations go unnoticed.    I offer no resistance. I work to be fluid because I'd rather see if that thing is preventing me from achieving my goal of non-attachment.   

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Delano said:

Perhaps it is related to your being comfortable critiquing and psychoanalysing the men. Which you don't do with Mel.

You are a better writer than all of the men here. You treat men on the  forum the way men treat women in the world. It's not that you don't take men seriously. Its just you feel that the writing reflects half baked ideas.

@DelWHO are you talking about?  Me? Or Troy?  

@Mel Hopkins if you go back through tje exchanges at various points you, me , Cynique and Troy. Have had an emotional response to what Pioneer has written. Also each of us has questioned his thought process. Which does not speak to non attachment.  You Troy and myself have begrudgingly agreed with Pioneer. At a certain point I decided to stop having an emotional response. 

@Mel Hopkins if my words haven't made you question your response.  i can repost some previous post that demonstrate my opinion.

1 hour ago, Cynique said:

@DelWHO are you talking about?  Me? Or Troy?  

You. 

I don't think you folks know that Pioneer came and went on this board.  He showed up one day and stayed around for a while, and then left.  Later after a long hiatus, he  suddenly reappeared.  Even during his first  "term", he and i constantly argued. When he came back, there was truce but we gradually began to clash again.

If what he provokes in me can be described as an emotion (?),  irritation would be what comes to mind because so much of what he says strikes me as absurd, or inaccurate, or dogmatic. And this is compounded by how he thinks he's never wrong! At some point, this has become a knee-jerk reaction because as soon as he posts something, i know i'm going to disagree with it, -  and I usually do. And, of course, all of this is exacerbated by my argumentive personality. I've come to the conclusion that he and i are  like oil and water; we just don't mix.  As Mel previously noted, some people have a natural aversion to each other. Maybe he and i had a contentious relationship in another life.  Who knows? Who cares?

I don't think I have an emotion response to Pioneers posts.  When I agree with him it is not begrudging either.  In fact I often feel, as I've said before, I can relate to Pioneer because I've shared many of the opinion he hold -- even the one on race.

@Delano I think you may be projecting your relationship with Pioneer onto others.  At least in my case you are not seeing it the way I do.

• Like 1

@Mel Hopkins, I think you dropped the Buddhism bomb. Attachment. 

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I have found in the past that when I have too much of a stake in the outcome of a conversation, I become too passionate...I want to be right, I want the world to revolve around my views. I am not open to possibility. 

No matter WHAT I discuss on ANY forum or in person, no matter what I express, I am NOT attached to it, no matter what I say about my feelings on a topic. That is why I do not get upset with anyone who has a different view or experience and eventually go silent when folks cannot consider another view on a topic. I don't want anyone to "take my side" but to just consider ideas. Because at the end of the day, my stance is, we could ALL be wrong about our thoughts/ideas/opinions, even, dare I say, our observations that we define a certain way. Our observations in and of themselves may not be wrong, but our interpretation of what we observe could be 100% wrong.

There could be 6 billion separate views of life and existence, and they could ALL be wrong because we have yet, as a human species, to advance to the point of understanding what we THINK we are looking at. So while I enjoy discussions about things and I share what I THINK I know, I am not attached to anything. I leave myself forever open to possibility. 

Possibility. That is the crux of it. So many are attached to their view of the world and how they've defined their observation that they cannot consider possibility.

For example, I've pondered the changes in weather/climate, etc., and have not come away with this doom and gloom that is pushed by the scientific community and something that needs to be fixed. Just like we go through seasons in a year--winter, spring, summer, fall--what IF the planet is merely going through a couple millennia long season? What if what we think is some terrible warming that could destroy everything on Earth is merely the planet's normal shift into Summer that will last for about 2,000 years? I am not saying for sure that is what it is, but because we are so stuck on what we've decided the observation means, we cannot consider other possible reasons for what we are observing that does not include doom and gloom.

Love your assessment on attachment. It brought up a lot that I often meditate on. I detach when I see I am communicating with those who are attached to their way of seeing things, or have decided that their conclusions on their observations are the ONLY conclusion that can be derived from an observation or experience. That is why you will rarely if ever hear/read me use the words, "you are wrong" no matter if I think they COULD be. I am more inclined to ask, "Could you be wrong?" If someone said to me they are going to walk off a mountain because gravity doesn't exist, to be frank, unless it is my child, I am not arguing with grown folks who think the way they see is the ONLY way. I'll merely ask them, after a bit of discussion to gauge how they came to their conclusion (can't let them go out without at least speaking on gravity), if they can, to let me know how it goes when they've tried it. Cause at the end of the day, maybe they've developed a way to fly that I am unaware of. So who am I to tell them they are wrong?  LOL. 

:: closing eyes and crossing legs :: I detach myself from my opinions, knowledge, information, facts and beliefs. Ommmmmm. Namaste...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We 3 women here all seem to be on the same page.  My inner-narrative is constantly prompting me to exercise my 3rd eye, and to make sure i'm seeing what i'm seeing, and hearing what i'm hearing.  The ego can be a capricious filter.    

Zen is the key to my inner sanctum. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

• Like 3

On 10/02/2018 at 9:23 AM, Troy said:

I don't think I have an emotion response to Pioneers posts.  When I agree with him it is not begrudging either.  In fact I often feel, as I've said before, I can relate to Pioneer because I've shared many of the opinion he hold -- even the one on race.

@Delano I think you may be projecting your relationship with Pioneer onto others.  At least in my case you are not seeing it the way I do.

Ok Troy 

I am focusing more on awareness and my reaction. So that I cam freely agree or disagree with a topic. And not be influenced by the personal dynamic 

it is a work in progress. 

10 hours ago, Cynique said:

We 3 women here all seem to be on the same page.  My inner-narrative is constantly prompting me to exercise my 3rd eye, and to make sure i'm seeing what i'm seeing, and hearing what i'm hearing.  The ego can be a capricious filter.    

Zen is the key to my inner sanctum. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo  - Yes, @Cynique . This just reminded me that five years ago I would chant every day. I was wondering what was different about my life then but I noticed a lot of things changing. I may have to revisit this practice.  

• Like 2