zaji

Bringing Fire...

12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Your opposition to everything I post proves that you are MORE ENTRENCHED in your belief that I'm wrong......than I am in my belief that I'm right.

So what does that make you?

I don't know what it makes me, but it doesn't make you right.  :lol:

On 11/02/2018 at 3:52 PM, Cynique said:

@DelI can't believe anybody would consider Pioneer  a role model when it comes to being open-minded.:o Does this mean you are now more receptive to Troy's POV on climate change? :huh:  Or does Pioneer's lack of open-mindness  inspire you to not be that way? -_- Or is it because his opinionated pontificating exposes you to points of view you have no problem swallowing? :blink:  Or is it because you empathize with him for not conceding to Troy? -_- Since you have confessed that you are trying to "improve" yourself, is this because you have decided to be a more tolerant person -  or because you didn't realize that you weren't a tolerant person?  Huh? Huh? Huh?  Huh? Huh? 

Just curious about your mid-life transformation/epiphany.  Me, i'm too old to change. ^_^  Which is why i can't resist taking pot shots at Pioneer. :P   i guess i should congratulate him on acquiring 2 new choir members for his preaching.  Meanwhile, i await his next post,  ever ready to disagree, - if he shows up.  :rolleyes:

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-change/really-extreme-global-weather-event-leaves-scientists-aghast-20180226-p4z1q4.html

Well, reading that depressing article Del shared, it looks like we are past the point of no return sports fans. 

That is of course assuming the article is not fake news -- I did not have a chance to check the source which is some guy's blog: http://sites.uci.edu/zlabe/arctic-temperatures/ blog which is under construction.  It is however on the University of California, Irvine website which means nothing because noone vets these student sites...but I dunno where the temperature data came from and the blog seems to be a curious source for a newspaper to cite as a source.

Maybe I'm just overly cynical given the proliferation of fake news propagating across the web today.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/scientists-find-melting-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-accelerating/

Many in the scientific community, myself included, have found fault with the media’s coverage of climate change because of their penchant for presenting the climate deniers’ view on an issue related to climate change, giving the impression that a vigorous debate remains on climate change when in truth there is not.John Oliver’s humorous but spot-on critique of this very same issue went viral this week.

The impression the man's adverse Impact on climate change is a subject of debate in the scientific community is fake news.  The media provide a platform for this because it is cheap and profitable. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.