Spells and other Sorcery

spelling-photo-oct-04-6-40-22-pm.png

I've noticed these discussions seem to get stuck on etymology, connotation, and or denotation of words that we use. I find it fascinating that our conversations continue to take this turn especially on this is literary website.   Maybe there's a message in our musings.

I'm not sure what is but like earth wind and fire sings:

"Watch for the signs
That lead in the right direction
Not to heed them is a bad reflection
They'll show you the way
Into what you have been seeking
To ignore them you're only cheating..."

• Like 1

@Mel Hopkins

It is interesting that you posted this. I just responded to something stating that we shouldn't get hung up on the words when it comes to certain things. 

I have had long discussions with folks on the difference between definition and meaning. This culture is focused on the words in a dictionary and keeping us trapped in that. When in many old world cultures, meaning was what was primary.  I try to think in terms of meaning, rather than merely words. Words sometimes confine us, cage us, and keep us unable to see beyond the word itself. We tend not look within because we don't trust our own thoughts, ideas and meaning. So many need words to ground them in ideas. I don't. 

Meaning, in my opinion, is a far more enriching way to live and understand each other and the world. It opens us up to myriad thoughts and ideas unconfined by the words we let dominate our thoughts and emotions. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, zaji said:

Meaning, in my opinion, is a far more enriching way to live and understand each other and the world. It opens us up to myriad thoughts and ideas unconfined by the words we let dominate our thoughts and emotions. 

Your sentiment is beautiful, Zaji.   Goddess level.  

I'm so at home in words but words have imprisoned me , as they have so many others like you've stated. 

There's a reason for "you have the right to be silent".  It frees us from self-incrimination.  

jza0082l.jpg

Speaking of Goddess. Dr. Leonard Shlain shared how words imprisoned the Feminine in his groundbreaking book "Alphabet and the Goddess" : The conflict between word and image. 

I  think in images.  It's our birthright. Unfortunately. I can't draw a lick. Still I need to find a way to express myself visually - it's time I rid myself of the rest of these shackles. . 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Your sentiment is beautiful, Zaji.   Goddess level.  

@Mel Hopkins

Yeesss!! I SOOO think in images!!!

I know when to be silent. When I see people are shackled to words, I drop the conversation, because I know they cannot understand the images I see and the meaning I've derived or created from those images. 

The cartoon you posted is so on point. LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A grimoire is the french word for Grammar and is a book of spells.

Meaning definition and will are key components in spell casting. 

However when communicating i will sometimes post the standard definition and/or etymology of a word. Not so much as to require adherence to a standard but to demontrate difference of meaning or usage. 

However in magic being technically correct is less important than feeling or will.

Mythology is more important than technology or science. Larger groups are shaping and manipulating the collective mythos. This can be seen in advertising and history (which is mythic advertisement/propaganda ).

I also feel everone has a personal mythology. There are possibly familial up to global mythologies. 

3 hours ago, zaji said:

I think i half agree. When it comes to non poetic communication then definitions become more important. But only if i care about clarifying an idea. Since ambiguity can be invocative and/or provocative. 

3 hours ago, zaji said:

@Mel Hopkins

It is interesting that you posted this. I just responded to something stating that we shouldn't get hung up on the words when it comes to certain things. 

I have had long discussions with folks on the difference between definition and meaning. This culture is focused on the words in a dictionary and keeping us trapped in that. When in many old world cultures, meaning was what was primary.  I try to think in terms of meaning, rather than merely words. Words confine us, cage us, and keep us unable to see beyond the word itself. We tend not look within because we don't trust our own thoughts, ideas and meaning. So many need words to ground them in ideas. I don't. 

When it comes to mythology poetry and Magick i agree with your position.

Although I don't know about whether we should or should not get hung up on words. If my goal is straight forward communication then I would agree. So after writing this i agree with your statement... sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i certainly can identify with all of this.  I love language, but it is, indeed, a prison. Even so, words can be weapons.  The world exists outside the constraints of written symbols and spoken syllables. Sights and sounds are subjective experiences.   i especially appreciate conciseness and how brevity is the soul of wit.    

As i mentioned before,  Zen encompasses this esoteric realm.  The impact of spaces and pauses, the power of what is not said, the reading between the lines, the awe of silence. There's so much to life that is not spoken. Emotions are a wordless language. Living in the moment can be an eternity of minutes.

My daily ritual includes working a patternless crossword puzzle that runs in my daily newspaper.  It's me against a totally blank grid.  No black squares are included. A list of numbered clues are provided under the headings of Across and Down.    You have to fill in the blanks with words that have to be separated from each other by blackening the square/squares between them.  In the course of doing this, instead of the grid being my challenger, it gradually become my enabler.  i read the clue and stare at the space provided for the answer.  Sometimes the clues are easy but the hard ones require that i wrack my brain for an answer. Without fail when the answer is not forthcoming, after staring at length at the blank, the word comes to me, as if it was there all along and i just needed to bring it in focus.  And as the completion of the puzzle finally begins to take place, it's like the grid has become my alter ego and together we have brought  blank spaces into a completed pattern.  it's a very intriguing exercise, one that provides a lot of fufillment because i am always successful in finishing the puzzle   Whatever.  My take away is that  everything we need to know is right before our eyes just awaiting concentration and fruition. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Delano said:

Although I don't know about whether we should or should not get hung up on words. If my goal is straight forward communication then I would agree. So after writing this i agree with your statement... sometimes. 

I appreicate your thoughts overall.

15 minutes ago, Cynique said:

i certainly can identify with all of this.  I love language, but it is, indeed, a prison. Even so, words can be weapons.  The world exists outside the constraints of symbols and syllables. Sights and sounds are subjective experiences.   i especially appreciate conciseness and how brevity is the soul of wit.    

As i mentioned before,  Zen encompasses this esoteric realm.  The impact of spaces and pauses, the power of what is not said, the reading between the lines, the awe of silence. There's so much to life that is not spoken. Emotions are a wordless language.

My daily ritual includes working a patternless crossword puzzle that runs in my daily newspaper.  It's me against a totally blank grid.  No black squares are included. A list of numbered clues are provided under the headings of Across and Down.    One has to fill in the blanks with words that have to be separated from each other by blackening the square/squares between them.  In the course of doing this, instead of the grid being my challenger, it gradually become my enabler.  i read the clue and stare at the space provided for the answer.  Sometimes the clues are easy but the hard ones require that i wrack my brain for an answer. Without fail when the answer is not forthcoming, after staring at length at the blank, the word comes to me, as if it was there all along and i just needed to bring it in focus.  And as the completion of the puzzle finally begins to take place, it's like the grid has become my alter ego and together we have brought  blank spaces into a completed pattern.  it's a very intriguing exercise, one that provides a lot of fufillment because i am always successful in finishing the puzzle   Whatever.  My take away is that  everything we need to know is right before our eyes just awaiting concentration and fruition. 

Yes!

10 minutes ago, Delano said:

Cynique I think i am having an eargasm.

LOL. 

10 hours ago, Delano said:

So after writing this i agree with your statement... sometimes. 

Trust, even I agree with my own statements only sometimes. There are always nuances and factors that can cause me to adjust slightly any idea.  I allow myself to always ask, "what if?" What if I could be wrong? What if there is something I don't know? Something I am missing. Simply, what if...?

No harm in re-thinking things. A flexible mind stretches the intellect. i went back and made minor revisions on what i first wrote. And i now have second thoughts about calling language a "prison".  Life as captured by language, and communication through words are what make us uniquely human.

My posts are usually drafts that need to be revised and edited because typing them is a mystical spontaneous exercise.  i place my hands on the keyword and my fingers connect with my brain and away i go, just putting  my thoughts down, and some of the things that pop into my head don't always make sense.  i usually have to re-arrange random paragraphs and put them in sequence. 

"Magus", huh?  i don't know what i am, except crazy.  I will admit that Pioneer was probably right in saying that he energizes me.  But so do all of you; only in a positive way.  i feed off what you say. You stimulate my mind.  :o 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cynique said:

No harm in re-thinking things. A flexible mind stretches the intellect. i went back and made minor revisions on what i first wrote. And i now have second thoughts about calling language a "prison".  Life as captured by language, and communication through words are what make us uniquely human.

My posts are usually drafts that need to be revised and edited because typing them is a mystical spontaneous exercise.  i place my hands on the keyword and my fingers connect with my brain and away i go, just putting  my thoughts down, and some of the things that pop into my head don't always make sense.  i usually have to re-arrange random paragraphs and put them in sequence. 

"Magus", huh?  i don't know what i am, except crazy.  I will admit that Pioneer was probably right in saying that he energizes me.  But so do all of you; only in a positive way.  i feed off what you say. You stimulate my mind.  :o 

:D

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:33 AM, zaji said:

@Mel Hopkins

I have had long discussions with folks on the difference between definition and meaning. This culture is focused on the words in a dictionary and keeping us trapped in that. When in many old world cultures, meaning was what was primary.  I try to think in terms of meaning, rather than merely words. Words confine us, cage us, and keep us unable to see beyond the word itself. We tend not look within because we don't trust our own thoughts, ideas and meaning. So many need words to ground them in ideas. I don't. 

The language you speak constrains your thoughts. So I am in agreement.

@zajiI agree with your post now you change it . Such is life.

There are differnt types of magicians. Some use words to effect changes: writers. Some use plants: pharmacist. Some use feelings: musicians.

56 minutes ago, Delano said:

There are differnt types of magicians. Some use words to effect changes: writers.

@Delano  I just finished writing something similar to someone! I was sharing with him how  the words will help people make the change.  Or as I said, "people will get used to the concept if they see the words as I've written them. " 

Thank you for co-sign. even if you didn't know it :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delano said:

There are differnt types of magicians. Some use words to effect changes: writers. Some use plants: pharmacist. Some use feelings: musicians.

As I writer, I use words to effect change. Yes. Interestingly, it has been this writing life that has led me to see words as a hinderance. Odd, I know. But it is what it is. From what I have observed, the more words we create, it seems there are more problems in the world. The dictionary got bigger and wars increased. But, that's just how I see it. Others may see something else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@Delano  I just finished writing something similar to someone! I was sharing with him how  the words will help people make the change.  Or as I said, "people will get used to the concept if they see the words as I've written them. " 

Thank you for co-sign. even if you didn't know it :)

No problem, twin.

5 minutes ago, zaji said:

As I writer, I use words to effect change. Yes. Interestingly, it has been this writing life that has led me to see words as a hinderance. Odd, I know. But it is what it is. ..

It is not odd to me. I got into the occult because I was looking for some keys. After a while I realised that was pointless. Or wasn't the purpose of the occult for me.  Which radically changed me and my relationship with the occult. 

• Like 1

Words can get in the way. Thoughts can be things, and maybe at some day in the distant future, we will have evolved to the point where we be able to read other's minds and not have to verbally communicate.  

20 hours ago, Delano said:

As I writer, I use words to effect change. 

@zaji i would be interested to hear if you deliberately used the noun "effect"  instead of  "affect" which is a verb?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cynique said:

Words can get in the way. Thoughts can be things, and maybe at some day in the distant future, we will have evolved to the point where we be able to reach other's minds and not have to verbally communicate.  

@zaji i would be interested to hear if you deliberately used the noun "effect" as  a  instead of  "affect" which is a verb?  

I love Octavia Butler's Mind of My Mind because her characters use telepathy in an interesting way. I have believed for some time that it was possible we once only used telepathy, and verbal language has been a degeneration away from our purer state of communicating. Basically, something ruined us. Maybe processed food, bad air, bad water, or a disaster on Earth, dunno. Just some thoughts/ideas I play with.

@Cynique I learned not too long ago that effect is the proper word when writing effect change. I went through several grammar websites. Effect change means to "bring about" change. Specifically, bring about a different state of affairs. So yes, it was deliberate. I want to bring about change....change the state of affairs in this world.

11 hours ago, Delano said:

It is not odd to me. I got into the occult because I was looking for some keys. After a while I realised that was pointless. Or wasn't the purpose of the occult for me.  Which radically changed me and my relationship with the occult. 

@Delano

I'm glad it's not odd to you! I have had a couple writer friends tell me it is strange since I love to write! LOL. But that is the nature of communication. There are some things one cannot get folks to understand. No amount of words anyone told me over the course of my life could get me to TRULY understand the pain that is child birth. I was told it is horrible, it hurts like hell, it's the worst pain ever. But hearing all of that STILL didn't instill in me an understanding. It would have required telepathy for me to understand them prior to having my own child. When I had my own children, THEN I understood. LOL. So it is with many things I want to get folks to understand. I am fully aware that they won't, because they do not understand the way I think. I believe I think in 7 dimensions. LOL. How do I explain some of the off the beaten path ideas I have to people who have the ability to think in 7 dimensions, but have been trained by this world (all of us were) to think in only 2 or 3 dimensions. I believe we ALL have the ability, but so many are stuck on following the status quo and repeating what talking heads say, and the news says, that they can never escape the trap of their dimension. 

This is why i tossed my television in the trash over 10 years ago. I saw what it was doing to me...keeping me stuck in a single dimension. When I got rid of it, my learning increased 1,000 fold. I began to see things differently, I dreamed differently, colors looked different. Everything changed for me by the single act of not letting something else think for me, speak for me and provide me with images of the world. Images that always remain the same across all news sources. New questions were never asked. I began to know more about the world than those who watched television. LOL. I also began to realize what I needed to know, what was important, rather than what the television told me was important, and I needed to know about the world by its reports.

Anyhoo, I ramble again. But yeah, again, glad you don't think it's odd.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There is an old saying. "Words don't have meaning; people do."  I don't know where is comes from, but it is true IMHO.  I don't even think telepathy would be any better.  How people perceive is a function of the individual.

The only way to truly communicate the pain of childbirth is to experience it.  However, I doubt every woman experiences childbirth the same exact way.  If sharing the same exact experience in not perceived the same universally, had can anything be community universally through the written word -- or even telepathy?

I think getting rid of television is a worthy goal for some people.  Similarly I think getting rid of the large corporate run social platforms is probably a good idea for most people too.  But this all or nothing approach is heavy handed...

... because I also think social media and TV are great things . In the right hands, used wisely, both can provide tremendous socal benefit, like a good bottle of wine.

Used in excess wine, like TV and social media, has and will continue to create great societal harm.  This is the state we are in today, so I just presume that we ditch all of it and err on the side of caution (provided we keep the wine around).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Troy Yes indeed reference television, et al. I believe social media, television, etc., are all wonderful, in the right hands. But because of what I've seen, I don't believe they are in the right hands, so I leave them alone. Because I believe they are more toxic than helpful, I don't bother. But I can only speak to what has changed for me since discarding the television. I've become a far better person in every area of my life, especially intellectually. 

I'll keep a bottle of wine chilled for you if you ever visit.  :D

Because of the way in which I envision telepathy, I believe it would far better. I see it a certain way and have dissected how I think it unfolds. No way for me to explain it here (requires a round table discussion), but I've seen writers dissect telepathy in a way that makes it clear to me that it would clear up a lot of problems we have today. But again, that is just my opinion.

The bad news is that knowing someone can read your mind, would inhibit your thoughts. Me, i wouldn't want others to be aware of what i'm thinking, especially if it was unflattering to them.  This is a natural reaction and if taken to the next level, mental telepathy could be stifling. 

The "good" news would be that telepathy could lead to training ourselves to only think good things which could lead to a silent Utopian world inhabited by people, all of one mind,  on their way to returning to the supreme intelligence from which we originated...   

Our facades are the costumes we wear in the Masquerade Ball known as Life.   Private thoughts are what keep us in touch with whom we really are.  IMO, this double-consciousness is inherent in the human condition wherein we shift between these 2 existences.  We may not have come here talking, but it is where we went to in the course of forming social groups so necessary for survival.  Introspection is a haven that offers a respite from a chattering society. 

TV and social media are my windows to the world. They offer a broad view,  and this allows me to be discriminating when it comes to what i watch.  For about the first 20 years of my life, there was no TV or any computers, and hence no social media.  Those were idyllic days but, in my declining years, i'm glad to have these arm-chair diversions.   

@zajiThanks for clearing up the effect/affect thing;  yet another example of language evolving. I learn something new everyday, and - "that's a good thing".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Troy said:

There is an old saying. "Words don't have meaning; people do."  I don't know where is comes from, but it is true IMHO.  I don't even think telepathy would be any better.  How people perceive is a function of the individual.

The only way to truly communicate the pain of childbirth is to experience it.  However, I doubt every woman experiences childbirth the same exact way.  If sharing the same exact experience in not perceived the same universally, had can anything be community universally through the written word -- or even telepathy?

Used in excess wine, like TV and social media, has and will continue to create great societal harm.  This is the state we are in today, so I just presume that we ditch all of it and err on the side of caution (provided we keep the wine around).

Clairesentience would work better than telepathy.

Perhaps it should have regulations akin to alcohol. Since it appears to alter the emotional state.

• Like 2

Perhaps the problem isn't words but the mis-education behind the real meaning OF those words.

Most Americans and especially poor and working class people who went to public schools are INTENTIALLY poorly educated, especially when it comes to grammar.

I'm not sure about other languages but the average usage of words in everyday American life is EXTREMELY limited.
Out of the possibly tens if not hundreds of thousands of words in the English language, probably less than a 1000 are used by most people.
You can read older documents like the Federalist Papers and the U.S. Constitution and the vocabulary they used when writing them to see how far the language of the United States has "devolved"....lol.

So although speech and words are limited, it wouldn't hurt to atleast KNOW ALL of them and begin putting them into use.

Also........

As African people our minds....our psyche....seem to process and produce information differently than the European mind.
Because of this, no matter where you go whether it's in Haiti, Jamaica, Brazil or Nigeria, Senegal and South Africa....the Black people have MODIFIED the European language they were forced to speak to fit their own syntax and psyche.

It's often called "slang", "ebonics", or "broken English"....but whatever European language was imposed upon them wasn't sophisticated enough to capture the intent, style, swag, and depth of most African minds.

Zaji

This culture is focused on the words in a dictionary and keeping us trapped in that. When in many old world cultures, meaning was what was primary

This is true.

Even in this society despite the fact that we speak a form of English, when interacting with eachtother most Black folks focus far more on what we MEAN than by our actual words.

If you're out with your husband....you can tell by how another woman says "hello" to him whether or not she's greeting him or means something else, lol.

Antoine Fischer.....who's life a movie was based on....said that his foster mother used to call him and his brothers "nigga" on a regular basis but they could all tell which one she was calling by the TONE she said it in....lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

....but whatever European language was imposed upon them wasn't sophisticated enough to capture the intent, style, swag, and depth of most African minds.

This language can never fully capture our minds. We think in far more dimensions than this language can even begin to communicate. 

17 minutes ago, zaji said:

@Delano

The book I mentioned was, Mind Of My Mind by Octavia Butler. It is a fiction book. 

Was that the one with the alien sex slaves?

21 minutes ago, Troy said:

I did not know what the word Clairesentience meant until just now.  Yes @Delano, sounds like that would cover it and be much better than telepathy are there people who can really do this?

If a term exists then it exists in some form.

Looks like twins, Mel and Del,  will have to broadened the kinship between them that I recognized earlier. I am now about to induct zaji into your family and declare the 3 of you to be triplets. Your souls are not strangers. And, to my eyes,  all of your words resonate with a familiarity of unknown origin. :o

And check out Troy!  Expounding with the expertise honed by his technological background, grooving on the same new age wave length with us, sharing some deep thoughts!  :D

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Cynique said:

The "good" news would be that telepathy could lead to training ourselves to only think good things which could lead to a silent Utopian world inhabited by people, all of one mind,  on their way to returning to the supreme intelligence from which we originated...   

@Cynique this is what I experienced when my body died briefly.  I mentioned here before that I returned to THE ONE MIND where we all shared one thought (or the same thoughts ) It was only when I individuated and separated with thought of needing to return to this dimension that I was jettisoned  back with the speed of light.   I believe when we individuate with our thoughts and mind  that is how THE ONE MIND expands - and when we seek peace - we return to THE ONE newly expanded MIND.  

By the way, I believe we do read each other's mind.  When we shut down the "I"  we can hear each other clearly. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

this is what I experienced when my body died briefly.  I mentioned here before that I returned to THE ONE MIND where we all shared one thought (or the same thoughts ) It was only when I individuated and separated with thought of needing to return to this dimension that I was jettisoned  back with the speed of light.   I believe when we individuate with our thoughts and mind  that is how THE ONE MIND expands - and when we seek peace - we return to THE ONE newly expanded MIND.  

By the way, I believe we do read each other's mind.  When we shut down the "I"  we can hear each other clearly. 

@Mel Hopkins  Yes!!!

I have had far too many "coincidences" for it to be only a coincidence when I tap into folks. 

I dreamed a rather frightening dream 12 years ago. I have found that I tap into numerous aspects of my abilities, in dreams, clairvoyance, clairaudience, telepathy, etc. In the dream, I was losing my teeth. I learned from my grandmother about what this dream means, but never took much stock in it. I figured it was foolishness, old wives' tales, whatever. So I went about my life not thinking about such nonsense. Typically in the dream, one tooth falls out. In my dream, all my teeth were coming out. This was strange to me given that at 50 years old, I've never had a cavity. Ever. I was terrified and woke in a frenzy. Given that I've had other strange occurrences, some dream related some not, which i always shared after an incident happened, I decided this time I would tell someone about it in advance. I called up a friend and told him about the dream. I then sent myself an email, typing out the entire dream. Although I wasn't fully on board, it was unnerving this time around because it was the third time I dreamed of teeth coming out and someone died shortly after. So by this third dream, I was virtually converted. The first two dreams, only a single tooth came out. This was on a Sunday. My father called me on Wednesday to tell me that my 16 year old sister, with no illness, no previous medical conditions, collapsed during outdoor gym and died on the spot. 

Throughout my life, I've had numerous things like that happen. I would say something to someone and they would tell me they were just thinking that. Knowing who was calling when my phone rang...before caller ID. Now, with caller ID, sometimes knowing who I will soon get a call from. Thinking about someone heavily for a day or two, someone whom I hadn't spoken to in over a year, then they call me. My lover saying something that I was thinking, but we'd never discussed. So many stories. Too many. 

I agree on how THE ONE MIND expands and how we seek peace. THAT is the crux of how I see it, at the end of it all. When we return to one mind, seeing each other's thoughts, we return to peace. Nothing in me panics when I imagine sharing one thought with numerous people, or not so much a single thought, but a connection to all thoughts. In Deep Space Nine, there is a being called a Changeling. This Changeling comes from what could be called a sea, or ocean. The ocean is all the Changelings together in their original form, knowing every thought and experience of every Changeling that has gone into the world to form as a "solid" to experience what it is like to be a bird, or human, or object.

That is how I view The ONE. The Changelings individuate to learn, then come together to share and be at peace.

3 hours ago, Troy said:

... I missed replying to the wine invitation :) You know I'm there, You still live in the country?  Still hosting those gatherings?

@Troy

My 2 years in Germany was 27 years ago. LOL. Jamaica trip was 2 years ago. I am still here in America.

I haven't hosted a conscious gathering in a while given that I had moved to Florida. I would host them yearly. I might do one this year before I head back to Florida. We'll see how that goes. The last one I did, 30 people attended and spent the weekend at the house. It was amazing. We had a group of drummers who drummed up the ancestors. We performed a rite of passage ritual for a young man. Our strawberry picking excursion as a group was all smiles; it was a new experience for many. So many great conversations and revelations. We all went away transformed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, zaji said:

I have had far too many "coincidences" for it to be only a coincidence when I tap into folks. 

I dreamed a rather frightening dream 12 years ago. I have found that I tap into numerous aspects of my abilities, in dreams, clairvoyance, clairaudience, telepathy, etc. In the dream, I was losing my teeth. I learned from my grandmother about what this dream means, but never took much stock in it. I figured it was foolishness, old wives' tales, whatever. So I went about my life not thinking about such nonsense. Typically in the dream, one tooth falls out. In my dream, all my teeth were coming out. This was strange to me given that at 50 years old, I've never had a cavity. Ever. I was terrified and woke in a frenzy. Given that I've had other strange occurrences, some dream related some not, which i always shared after an incident happened, I decided this time I would tell someone about it in advance. I called up a friend and told him about the dream. I then sent myself an email, typing out the entire dream. Although I wasn't fully on board, it was unnerving this time around because it was the third time I dreamed of teeth coming out and someone died shortly after. So by this third dream, I was virtually converted. The first two dreams, only a single tooth came out. This was on a Sunday. My father called me on Wednesday to tell me that my 16 year old sister, with no illness, no previous medical conditions, collapsed during outdoor gym and died on the spot. 

Throughout my life, I've had numerous things like that happen. I would say something to someone and they would tell me they were just thinking that. Knowing who was calling when my phone rang...before caller ID. Now, with caller ID, sometimes knowing who I will soon get a call from. Thinking about someone heavily for a day or two, someone whom I hadn't spoken to in over a year, then they call me. My lover saying something that I was thinking, but we'd never discussed. So many stories. Too many. 

I agree on how THE ONE MIND expands and how we seek peace. THAT is the crux of how I see it, at the end of it all. When we return to one mind, seeing each other's thoughts, we return to peace. Nothing in me panics when I imagine sharing one thought with numerous people, or not so much a single thought, but a connection to all thoughts. In Deep Space Nine, there is a being called a Changeling. This Changeling comes from what could be called a sea, or ocean. The ocean is all the Changelings together in their original form, knowing every thought and experience of every Changeling that has gone into the world to form as a "solid" to experience what it is like to be a bird, or human, or object.

That is how I view The ONE. The Changelings individuates to learn, then come together to share and be at peace.

ALL OF THIS, @zaji All of this!  I may have different omens, symbols or different names but that's irrelevant because all of this gets a huge cosign... 

I just recently went within and asked to  be shown how our ancestors, the original modern humans functioned before they were colonized and westernized. Before we got sucked into this artificial matrix.  I asked to remember our ways and now it's clear.   We are in nature, the true matrix and there are forces within science working to have us believe we're machines.   There's even a group that predicts we will be machines by 2044.  At first I thought these people were insane - but now I see there's a battle. 
 Your comment here  and the science delusion video are one big giant god-wink reminding me to stop forgetting what I already know to be true!

THANK YOU!!!  

• Like 2

I've also had the "losing teeth" dream from childhood, but there was never anything specific that happened later that i could connect it to.  And yes,  as soon as i wonder about one of my kids, they'll phone. And i always "think somebody up" whom i haven't seen in a while. 

i dream every night - i'm told that this is because i sleep on my back. For the past 10 years, those i mostly dream about are deceased family members and the many friends who have all passed on. These dreams are very vivid and i am interacting with  these people just like i did in "real" life. In one i was actually arguing with a friend...  Another recurring dream is that i'm trying to find my way out of a factory building with many floors, walking through the halls, weaving in and out of machinery,  up and down staairways, never finding an exit. In every one of these dreams i have lost my purse containing my ID and all of my credits cards. (Since i am retired and have no pressing financial worries, i don't know what this means.) I also fly on a regular basis in my dreams.  I just pump myself up and levitate, soaring  through the air above the trees for a brief time. 

i know everybody has had the dream where they're late for a class, or aren't ready for a test, or don't have a paper that is due.  This is supposed to be a common dream. And I'm sure you all, like me, have had the experience of misplacing something and later after checking all the places you previously searched, the object appears where you've already looked.  I, personally, get sooo frustrated when i lose something that i think my vibes propel it into another dimension.  Once i calm down and move on to something else,  the object will shift back into my realm, and i'll come across it later in a place where i'm certain i looked before.

I've never taken magic mushrooms or LSD, but i've had prescribed medications affect my mind with hallucinations.  Alone in my bedroom at night, strangers would be fading in and out all around me while other shadowy figures hovered in my  peripheral  vision.  Objects would be vibrating, the atmosphere glittering with "fairy dust",  - sometime even phantom smells would fill my nostrils.  And i'd experience a spinning sensation.   This was after my husband passed and i lived alone before moving in with my daughter.  i took myself off those mind-altering meds.  

One  experience told to me by others,  is about a dream where a deceased loved one appears, and is a radiant version of herself, speaking no words but just beaming there, obviously happy.  My father said this happened to him after my mother died, and this gave him complete closure.  One time a co-worker who had a secret crush on an accident victim who was a mutual friend of ours, confided to me that shortly after her death, she  appeared to him in a dream, and was all aglow, looking more beautiful than ever. He was particularly moved by this because he felt that maybe, somehow, she knew of his deep feelings for her. 

i can't help but be intrigued by the idea that what we call "life" is a dream, and that death is an awakening rather than an ending.  

• Like 1

Sorry to read about your sister; that must have been devastating for your family.  I hear stories like that from time to time, and as a father it is always heartbreaking. 

@zaji  Drummers, rites of passage, deep conversations, strawberry picking and transformational experiences...yall have wine right ;)

What part of Florida did you move to? I'm in Tampa.  

• Like 1