Win $250 in Nubianpoets.com 2018 National Poetry Month Poetry Contest

Troy

Nubianpoets.com

Nubianpoets.com is proud to have Latorial Faison who has been featured along with Iyanla Vanzant, Danny Glover, and Dr. Cornel West in the 2003 NAACP Image Award winning book Keeping the Faith: Stories of Love, Courage, Healing, and Hope from the Black Community as this year’s contest judge.

Latorial holds a graduate degree in English from Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University and has authored several books, which includes: 28 Days of Poetry Celebrating Black History, Mother to Son, Secrets of My Soul , and many more.

Click here to Download the Official Entry Form

• 2 months later...
Guest Frances McHenry

I mailed my entry on Apr.30,at 3:15 pm and it traveled to next facility by May 1, and it was suppose to reach destination by May 4 by 8 p.m., however my entry has sat here in Houston for seven days(Monday the 7th) before even starting it's travel there. As of today the 10th it is still in transition!!! This wonderful postal system.

Hi Frances, I'm sorry to read about the difficulty you had with your submission.  Our USPS is too busy providing same-day delivery of paper towels for Amazon to be worried about the regular mail.

While it is past the deadline I did reach out to the organizers on your behalf -- you never know.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Wanda Adams

Good morning would you kindly provide for link to the site that tells who won the contest as well as  those that were honorably mentioned.

Thank you 

• 3 weeks later...

2018 National Poetry Month Contest Winners

Listed below are the winners from the 2018 National Poetry Month contest.  Nubian Poets would like to salute all the contestants from across the United States and overseas who entered our contest.    

1st PLACE: $250 - "Love Poem to an ASD* Lover” by Nubia Kai

Washington, DC

2nd PLACE: $100 - “Blerd Love” by Steven Van Patten

Brooklyn, NY

3rd PLACE: $75 - “Heart’s Eyewitness” by Cynthia Harris-Allen

South Euclid, OH 

HONORABLE MENTION (alphabetical order):

1. “Untitled" by Jazmin Boyce:  Decatur, GA

2. “He was Laid to Rest Today” by Debra Burroughs: Long Beach, CA

3. “Never Say” by Sharon Thomas Cash:  Lithonia, GA

4. “Bond of Love” by Conzella Estes:  Durham, NC

5. “AMOUR NOIR (Black Love)” by Cassandra Roberson-Caldwell: Murrieta, CA

All honorable mention winners will receive a gift certificate.