Listening

@Kalexander2Did you see my post where i said i am from  Maywood,   But  I presently live in another suburb of Chicago.  I have never lived in Chicago. 

You are very long-winded. Your philosophical ramblings about life, are too commonly-known to be considered revelations.  Everybody on this site is mature enough to reach the conclusions you have.  Some embrace them more than others.    

@Cynique, Yes, saw that. I’ve always been under the impression “The Greater Chicagoland” included, Maywood, Evanston, Lisle, and everything up to the farms to the West and North. Guess I was mistaken.

Long-winded: I write the way I feel, mostly for only myself too. Not to be considered as wisdom, I’m not that conceded, I hope! I simply share how I feel, about whatever I’m presented with. Its rare one gets to challenge her/his self freely on so many profound ideas and topics. Besides, this is the only Black site that hasn't kicked me out. Yet!

• Haha 1

@Kalexander2Well, once again, i find your capacity for not being offended by criticism a plus.    You do bring a different vibe to this board, and nobody really has to justify why they say what they feel. We are all entitled to hold the opinions we do just as long as we recognize them as opinions.  So stick around, babe. I am admittedly a nit-picker, and an unabashed bitch.  That said, the word you wanted to use, should've been "conceited" instead of "conceded" in one of your previous posts; something a "journalist" with a college degree should know.  ;) 

• Thanks 1

@Cynique. Like you, madam fact checker, I have an unmovable confidence, in myself, that require validation from no-one. Just listening to people, thinking about what motivates them calls up a patience germane to dealing with a child, the older the more patience required, actually. Everyone needs to believe they're worth more than they really are. Did you kno9w that narcissists feed off finding faults in other people, it's their only way of validating themselves? e.g. "I'm not the loser, you are because you can't do this, you got that wrong" etc.; such people make great politicians and managers because what is needed comes naturally to a narcissist. An asset when done gently or a liability if extreme.

23 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

Everyone needs to believe they're worth more than they really are.

Why?  What's wrong with having a realistic assessment of one's self?  People who don't take themselves too seriously, are usually the ones who merit being taken seriously.  

Suddenly, everybody has discovered the word "narcissistic"and, boy, are they throwing it around.  At this point, i don't care whether i'm a narcissistic or not.  I am able to admit my flaws.  That why i referred to myself as a nit-picking bitch. :D

@Cynique. Opp. I did aim for the spot and the comment was not directed at you personally. Unball your fists, now! Truth is everyone should discover narcissism to better understand themselves. We are all anarchists, some more extreme than others. Just another example our human self that's gone unchanged since before the written word. My point to my personal pessimism about humanity and the human condition. 

• Confused 1