Poverty. Is. A. State. Of. Mind,Ben. Carson.

Cyniqeey

Obviously. Having admitted that, why should anybody pay any attention to or place any credence in the scenarios you make up in your head and subsequently declare to be true. Such as:

Coming from a woman who called a man who ADMITTED himself to be a chronic liar, "honest"....lol.....can my credibility be any worse????

My intelligence, education, or the lack of it has NO bearing on the truth.

If I say the Earth is round....the Earth is still round whether Pioneer went to elementary school or not.
If I say water is made up of oxygen and hydrogen....the water is still made up of these elements whether I can write my own name or not.

Either what I say is true or it isn't, my academic history is irrelevant in the matter.

Troy

you views of college are distorted and warped. Indeed, they do sound like the ramblings of someone who never attended.

Whether or not you agree with my REASONS for why the percentage of AfroAmerican males in college are so low compared to many other demographics.....you wouldn't argue with me that they are still lowr, would you?

And if not......they what do YOU think the reasons are for the low rate of AfroAmerican males in institutions of higher learning if my reasons are wrong?

No, I wouldn't argue that Black are disproportionately represented the percentage of college graduates.

The foundational reason for the disparity is a long history of institutionalized racism.  I do not believe, as you say, "Most AfroAmerican males ARE NOT college material."

This statement, among others you have made, says that Black men are inherently unqualified to attend college. This is an idea I disagree with.  

Now if we disagree with the cause of the problems we will disagree on the solutions.  Racism is the system that created a crappy in primary schools in Black neighborhoods, which make it difficult for those students to be admitted and graduate from our best universities.

I think we were better off running our own schools, but too few of us will support them. 

On 6/19/2018 at 7:33 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Coming from a woman who called a man who ADMITTED himself to be a chronic liar, "honest"....lol.....can my credibility be any worse????

My intelligence, education, or the lack of it has NO bearing on the truth.

If I say the Earth is round....the Earth is still round whether Pioneer went to elementary school or not.
If I say water is made up of oxygen and hydrogen....the water is still made up of these elements whether I can write my own name or not.

Either what I say is true or it isn't, my academic history is irrelevant in the matter.

If you can't see how flawed your reasoning is, then you're fooling yourself about your credibility.  You either can't comprehend the distinction i made, or you conveniently neglected to not include what else i said about Kalexander's mendacity being limited to things about himself, but that he was on solid ground when it came to hard data to support his arguments. You, however, make the statement that your paucity of "intelligence and education" have no bearing on the truth, as if what you and your ignorant self are saying about black men and college is true.   And it simply isn't - except in your mind.  You are a purveyor of sophistry.  Rather than ever conceding a point, you resort to specious arguments that obscure reality with subterfuge. If i was into "psycho-babble", I'd suspect your need to always be right is symptomatic of a deeper personal problem.    

I have recently tried to limit my role on this board to that of an observer.  But i must confess that i lack enough self discipline to keep quiet when your fallacy is so loud.  So i give up.  So much for my hiatus.  The cynical old contrarian has taken off her gag.      

8 hours ago, Cynique said:

If you can't see how flawed your reasoning is, then you're fooling yourself about your credibility.  You either can't comprehend the distinction i made, or you conveniently neglected to not include what else i said about Kalexander's mendacity being limited to things about himself, but that he was on solid ground when it came to hard data to support his arguments. You, however, make the statement that your paucity of "intelligence and education" have no bearing on the truth, as if what you and your ignorant self are saying about black men and college is true.   And it simply isn't - except in your mind.  You are a purveyor of a sophistry.  Rather than ever conceding a point, you resort to specious arguments that obscure reality with subterfuge. If i was into "psycho-babble", I'd suspect your need to always be right is symptomatic of a deeper personal problem.    

I have recently tried to limit my role on this board to that of an observer.  But i must confess that i lack enough self discipline to keep quiet when your fallacy is so loud.  So i give up.  So much for my hiatus.  The cynical old contrarian has taken off her gag.      

B) In other words......you COULDN'T RESIST.

I've been told that I have that effect on women.

While we are on the subject of the way black men are treated in college, let's not forget the black women also.Remember that black girl at Yale University 

who the cops came after while she was sleeping and working on a term paper.And you must not forget that these women are also raising children by themselves. 

8 hours ago, Queen X said:

While we are on the subject of the way black men are treated in college, let's not forget the black women also.Remember that black girl at Yale University 

who the cops came after while she was sleeping and working on a term paper.And you must not forget that these women are also raising children by themselves. 

Yes, considered the weaker of Black folk, Black women, as well as Black men are being targeted by cops, white nationalists, and the white establishment at all levels of government.   For any cause available to exploit.

Interestingly, I recently watched a short documentary about female prisons being the new hunting ground for sex trafficking; of all the female victims they showed only one Black woman. All the culprits were Black males and one Black female pimp. “The Trap” https://youtu.be/mnGjQKdJrPU