harry brown

Poverty. Is. A. State. Of. Mind,Ben. Carson.

Every body is not "college" material and just because they are, it doesn't mean that they contribute to poverty eitherAnd everybody isn't going to be successful as professional empolyees  .   Some people are going to be unskilled and semi-skilled  laborers making minimum wages.Where I live the so-called bosses (or modernday slave masters), violate the workers civil rights and OSHA rights as well,making it an unsafe working environment.People can't work under those conditions.whatever work a person does they can make a contribution to society.

If you say most White people are evil that's not racism, it's a fact.

So what do we do when Ben Carson goes up on the rent ,making people poorer than they already are?And when the Republicans cut $800,000,000 from Medicare,what do we do about that?

Krazy Alexander #2 said:

Image result for clarence williams iii tales from the hood

"You don't have enough time to get you lie together. It takes time to deceive, the right way."

Well........

When it comes to lying and deceiving, YOU of all people should know, lol.

Every body is not "college" material and just because they are, it doesn't mean that they contribute to poverty eitherAnd

I think Most AfroAmerican males ARE NOT college material.

I certainly wasn't.
Personally I don't claim to be too smart, I barely graduated from high school.
But intelligence and smarts aren't the reasons I say most AfroAmerican males aren't qualified for college and shouldn't be encouraged to go UNLESS they show a clear desire and propensity or talent for some field that demands academic credentials like law or medicine......

I says MOST (not all) shouldn't go because the ENVIRONMENT of most University campuses in the United States to day is very anti-AfroAmerican male.
The culture and the values that are promoted seems to be designed so that males who are very non-aggressive and non-sexual  get along best.

Most Black men in America come from urban areas where being aggressive and openly sexual toward women is not only part of the sub-culture but actually ENCOURAGED among eachother and looked upon as a badge of honor.
So when they come to most university environments where the culture is that of upperclass White America where the sexuality and aggressiveness is "marginalized" they often have a hard time fitting in.

Also, most university environments reward males who can just keep their heads down, not complain, and do what they are told without challenging any ideas.....something that is actually QUITE ANTI-MALE.

So whoever can supress their manhood or masculinity the most....is deemed the most professional.

Even many White males find it hard to function in today's academic world and often have to drop out and start their own thing in order to succeed because many universities today are heavily "feminized" or geared toward a more passive feminine non-confrontational atmosphere.
Something most AfroAmerican males have a hard time fitting in with.

We've always had very smart intellectuals in our ranks, but traditionally most Black men have gotten rich making money with our hands or using our innate talents like sports or music or some other type of artistic skill that required more creativity than strict classroom learning and indoctrination.

Even today, far more AfroAmerican men get wealthy from sports, music, and side-hustle businesses than they do from Master' and Doctorate degrees.

I'd go as far as to say that one of the reasons Black America is suffering so much economically today more so than the past 100 years is because most AfroAmerican men today are almost FORCED to go to college against their will instead of being allowed to develop more innate talents that would probably bring them more wealth and prestige WITHOUT the stress of having to appease and fit in with White American culture.

On 6/17/2018 at 12:56 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Personally I don't claim to be too smart...

Obviously. Having admitted that, why should anybody pay any attention to or place any credence in the scenarios you make up in your head and subsequently declare to be true. Such as:

On 6/17/2018 at 12:56 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Most Black men in America come from urban areas where being aggressive and openly sexual toward women is not only part of the sub-culture but actually ENCOURAGED among eachother and looked upon as a badge of honor.
So when they come to most university environments where the culture is that of upperclass White America where the sexuality and aggressiveness is "marginalized" they often have a hard time fitting in.

These kind of "playas" are the ones who you relegate to not being college material  and, indeed, they don't go there. Plus, you continue to gloss over  the black middle class whose ethics do not fit into your "one-size-fits-all" way of categorizing black men, and from whose ranks most black male college students come from.   You are also ridiculously behind the times when it comes to the Puritanical way you characterize the sexual climate on white college campuses.  And contrary to your imagination,  a social life reinforced by  the partying traditional of black fraternities is alive and well on black campuses and within the black enclaves on the mostly-white and integrated universities.  (This is what my contacts among the millennial college crowd report.)

Since you've chosen Booker T. Washington as your latest "avatar", you are once again advocating his approach, as if it is new and innovative, as if technical and trade schools don't exist and as if black men do not go into the blue collar or self-employed labor force. In your efforts to be a black visionary, you wallow in stale ideas and a lack of awareness. Or do black people need you to tell them how to live, in the first place. At this point, they've all figured that they have to come up with their own individual way of getting over. Black unity is just an empty phrase that's been bandied about for at least 100 years with little effect.  The best kept secret,which is right under our noses, is how diversity works for black individuals in this country.

You mentioned on the "Break" thread that i haven't posted on other subjects in a while, so these comments are my way of giving equal time to another subject before i resume to my summer hiatus.   BUH-BYE 😑

• Thanks 1

To hear these statements from Ben Carson and Kanye seems so obvious that it is like a prepared situation in which they are tools used to attack African Americans. It's seems like a Movement, a planned movement. 

I agree @Chevdove, Ben and Trump are being used and they are not conscious enough to recognize it.  Perhaps all the attention and money they received has blinded them to this fact.

@Pioneer1, you views of college are distorted and warped. Indeed, they do sound like the ramblings of someone who never attended. 

As someone who has attended college (I have two masters degrees), currently teaches at the college level, and who has put two kids through college, I'd be the first to admit that colleges have serious problems -- particularly as it relates to the education of poor Black people.  But the stereotypes and the generalizations you make -- particularly about Black men -- are far from the reality.  @Cynique gives a good explanation why this is the case.

lol. I am giving your rebuke some thought. But for now, I still believe that the statements made by Kanye and Ben Carson are incredible and used with intent to harm for the benefit of this Western Civilization in the promotion of White America. Don't mean to sound like I have a poor Black college education or that I am rambling. I do have an HBCU education, but I did also do pretty well on national test; above average in Biology and NTE. I did put both my children through colleges. They have master's degrees in engineering; MIT and UM. So, again, I don't mean to sound stupid, but I given this some thought. I hope to read other's views and see if I will feel differently later.

• Thanks 1

Maybe I just simply can't get myself to believe that even Ben Carson or Kanye West would deliberately do something to harm other Black people.  Sure I could be naive and too trusting of these individuals.  Now if we were talking about some ex drug dealer turned rapper sure, but not these too guys.

Kayne has mental health issues and I believe Dr. Carson is somewhere on the autism spectrum.  These guys can not be held completely accountable for what they say or do. The real shame is that white media love to give these guys complete coverage of their ramblings -- exploiting their nonsense for  revenue... and we pay the price.

• Like 2

Cyniqeey

Obviously. Having admitted that, why should anybody pay any attention to or place any credence in the scenarios you make up in your head and subsequently declare to be true. Such as:

Coming from a woman who called a man who ADMITTED himself to be a chronic liar, "honest"....lol.....can my credibility be any worse????

My intelligence, education, or the lack of it has NO bearing on the truth.

If I say the Earth is round....the Earth is still round whether Pioneer went to elementary school or not.
If I say water is made up of oxygen and hydrogen....the water is still made up of these elements whether I can write my own name or not.

Either what I say is true or it isn't, my academic history is irrelevant in the matter.

Troy

you views of college are distorted and warped. Indeed, they do sound like the ramblings of someone who never attended.

Whether or not you agree with my REASONS for why the percentage of AfroAmerican males in college are so low compared to many other demographics.....you wouldn't argue with me that they are still lowr, would you?

And if not......they what do YOU think the reasons are for the low rate of AfroAmerican males in institutions of higher learning if my reasons are wrong?

No, I wouldn't argue that Black are disproportionately represented the percentage of college graduates.

The foundational reason for the disparity is a long history of institutionalized racism.  I do not believe, as you say, "Most AfroAmerican males ARE NOT college material."

This statement, among others you have made, says that Black men are inherently unqualified to attend college. This is an idea I disagree with.  

Now if we disagree with the cause of the problems we will disagree on the solutions.  Racism is the system that created a crappy in primary schools in Black neighborhoods, which make it difficult for those students to be admitted and graduate from our best universities.

I think we were better off running our own schools, but too few of us will support them. 

On 6/19/2018 at 7:33 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Coming from a woman who called a man who ADMITTED himself to be a chronic liar, "honest"....lol.....can my credibility be any worse????

My intelligence, education, or the lack of it has NO bearing on the truth.

If I say the Earth is round....the Earth is still round whether Pioneer went to elementary school or not.
If I say water is made up of oxygen and hydrogen....the water is still made up of these elements whether I can write my own name or not.

Either what I say is true or it isn't, my academic history is irrelevant in the matter.

If you can't see how flawed your reasoning is, then you're fooling yourself about your credibility.  You either can't comprehend the distinction i made, or you conveniently neglected to not include what else i said about Kalexander's mendacity being limited to things about himself, but that he was on solid ground when it came to hard data to support his arguments. You, however, make the statement that your paucity of "intelligence and education" have no bearing on the truth, as if what you and your ignorant self are saying about black men and college is true.   And it simply isn't - except in your mind.  You are a purveyor of sophistry.  Rather than ever conceding a point, you resort to specious arguments that obscure reality with subterfuge. If i was into "psycho-babble", I'd suspect your need to always be right is symptomatic of a deeper personal problem.    

I have recently tried to limit my role on this board to that of an observer.  But i must confess that i lack enough self discipline to keep quiet when your fallacy is so loud.  So i give up.  So much for my hiatus.  The cynical old contrarian has taken off her gag.      

8 hours ago, Cynique said:

If you can't see how flawed your reasoning is, then you're fooling yourself about your credibility.  You either can't comprehend the distinction i made, or you conveniently neglected to not include what else i said about Kalexander's mendacity being limited to things about himself, but that he was on solid ground when it came to hard data to support his arguments. You, however, make the statement that your paucity of "intelligence and education" have no bearing on the truth, as if what you and your ignorant self are saying about black men and college is true.   And it simply isn't - except in your mind.  You are a purveyor of a sophistry.  Rather than ever conceding a point, you resort to specious arguments that obscure reality with subterfuge. If i was into "psycho-babble", I'd suspect your need to always be right is symptomatic of a deeper personal problem.    

I have recently tried to limit my role on this board to that of an observer.  But i must confess that i lack enough self discipline to keep quiet when your fallacy is so loud.  So i give up.  So much for my hiatus.  The cynical old contrarian has taken off her gag.      

B) In other words......you COULDN'T RESIST.

I've been told that I have that effect on women.

They say the same thing about a fly who circles horse dung. An apt simile.  

Krazy Alexander #2 said

Image result for clarence williams iii tales from the hood
"By whom, The trollop? You'd believe anything, won't you? "

I'd rather believe a "trollop" than a TROLL who is an admitted liar and deceiver.

While we are on the subject of the way black men are treated in college, let's not forget the black women also.Remember that black girl at Yale University 

who the cops came after while she was sleeping and working on a term paper.And you must not forget that these women are also raising children by themselves. 

8 hours ago, Queen X said:

While we are on the subject of the way black men are treated in college, let's not forget the black women also.Remember that black girl at Yale University 

who the cops came after while she was sleeping and working on a term paper.And you must not forget that these women are also raising children by themselves. 

Yes, considered the weaker of Black folk, Black women, as well as Black men are being targeted by cops, white nationalists, and the white establishment at all levels of government.   For any cause available to exploit.

Interestingly, I recently watched a short documentary about female prisons being the new hunting ground for sex trafficking; of all the female victims they showed only one Black woman. All the culprits were Black males and one Black female pimp. “The Trap” https://youtu.be/mnGjQKdJrPU

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.