Hong Kong Life

Man, you two brothers sure do get around.....lol.

I love to hear about Black men traveling the globe.
If I had the money I would too.

Some of the brothers and sisters I've worked with over the years who have good corporate jobs are always talking about their travels to Brazil, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, ect.......
When they do I often sit there dreaming and wondering what would have happend if I had focused more on my grades in school and tried harder to get through college, lol.

Most of the Black boys in the schools I went to were focused on basketball, girls, and smoking weed....lol.

I encourage Black men to get out of the United States from time to time just to see how other people live and how they're treated abroad so they can recognize the difference and compare it when they get back home.
Especially how the women treat them.

When I actually lived in Detroit I used to go to Canada every weekend and just going right across the border I saw a huge difference in how the people behaved and how they treated me.

I crossed that bridge from Detroit to get into Canada myself, but that was just to buy cheap beer with the higher alcohol content....

Man you really don't need that much money to travel especially if you are willing to rough it.  I don't travel abroad as much as I used to, bt that is because I don't have the income i used to have and my overhead is still pretty high...  

I'm planning to organize literary travel excursions starting next year maybe I'll be able to start using my passport again sooner than later :)

Being able to buy liquor and get into bars at an earlier age was one of the main reasons I started going to Canada!
But after finding out how much Canadian women loved Black men, me and my friends stopped going to bars and clubs there and just started haning out at the malls for free....lol.

In Detroit the two most popular ways of going to Canada was either on the Ambassador bridge or through the Windsor tunnel and when I was a kid most Black people would tell you stay away from the tunnel and take the bridge.

Back in the day, the Ambassador Bridge was owned by the Queen of England and they rarely searched you and your car or gave you a hard time when you went across.
No hassles.

But things are different now, especially since 9/11.

Now people of color.....Black, Latino, and Arab....get hassled left and right either by bridge or by tunnel.

Black men get stopped by Border Patrol Agents and get asked all types of crazy and personal questions....and you STILL are subject to being pulled over and searched for 2 hours.
Meanwhile, a car full of drunk White teenagers with their feet hanging out the window gets to pass on through with no problems.

It's weird how America makes you feel.

I remember going to Belgium and while I was at the airport a woman I didn't know walked up to me very close handed me an expensive camera and asked me to take a picture of her and her friends.
I stood there stunned for about 5 seconds before she apologized thinking she may have been bothering me.

I apologized myself and took the picture and explained to her why I reacted the way I did.....lol.

This is why I constantly encourage Black people to get out and visit other parts of the planet from time to time just to experience a different type of reality.

Sometime as simple as just sitting on a park bench and having a complete stranger who is White or Arab sit down next to you and start a conversation with you is common in Canada but almost unheard of (unless he's gay) in the United States....lol.

Del

I heard they banned Hip Hop in China.

Is it true?

Are they showing any rap music on the television over there?
Any hiphop magazines?

Obviously you can use the internet, but are there some sites that you're restricted from using?

What continues to amaze me is how Communist and presumable mostly atheist nations like China and North Korea produce people with such uptight conservative and supposedly moralist values.

For example..........

Most of the Chinese I know are strict on studying, are serous about marriage and monogamy, and are quite loyal to their families.

Although I don't DISAGREE with these attributes, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me how a person who doesn't believe in The Supreme Being nor a life after physical death will be so disciplined and moral.

I've even pulled many Chinese and Koreans to the side and asked them these questions!

"If you don't believe in God or any afterlife why are you wasting time working hard and getting married?
If you're gonna die like an animal why not just have as much fun as you can right now before you go?"

Most of the time they'll sit there looking at me with pleasant looks on their faces or talk some nonsense about "family expectations".

I admit that many of them are clearly successful, but the motives and behavior of some of these people just doesn't make a lot of sense to me given what they claim to believe or not believe.

On a similar note,
I still don't know why atheists....especially atheist men....get married, lol.

Pioneer.  Wow!

The racial/cultural stereotypes you believe are giving you a grotesquely distorted picture.  Again it is a mistake to base your opinion, on over a billion people, upon your personal experience with Chinese people you've known (even if Del says this is cool).  I'm sure well over a billion Chinese people practice some of religion.

It also sounds like you believe that being in a religion is the only motivation for one not to around acting the fool.  

• Like 1

Troy

The racial/cultural stereotypes you believe are giving you a grotesquely distorted picture. Again it is a mistake to base your opinion, on over a billion people, upon your personal experience with Chinese people you've known (even if Del says this is cool). I'm sure well over a billion Chinese people practice some of religion.

Grrrrrrrr......
Troy you're starting to make me angry man.....lol.

Come on man, are you seriously telling me that I have to personally MEET and GET TO KNOW over a billion people before I can have any sort of opinion about them or a perspective about their way of life?

I haven't been to China or Korea nor have I met all the Chinese and Koreans in the United States, but I've met ENOUGH Chinese and Koreans to the point that my expecations about them and their behavior pretty much line up with what actually happens.

Meaning, I USUALLY get the reaction that I expect and predict to happen with them.

For example, when I was younger and used to travel by bus and train for oppportunities to meet girls......I learned pretty soon that Black and White girls were easier to meet and sleep with than East Asian girls.
Especially for Black men.
White men seemed to have little problems meeting them and apparently sleeping with them.

So based on my EXPERIENCES,  I stopped approaching them.

Now listen Troy....lol....I didn't have to waste time running up in EVERY Asian woman's face grinning and trying to "spit game" at her to realize that we were pretty much not going anywhere.....lol.

What was I supposed to do?

Say,
"I don't want to be prejudice and assume.....so let me approach the 70 year old Korean woman at the local grocery store and tell her how nice her butt is and SEE if she'll sleep with me!!!"

LOL..

No, it only took a few times to learn the lesson that most Asian women for whatever reason weren't into Black men as they were into White men.

When I learned this I would tell some of my boys when we'd go out not to waste too much time trying to sleep with Asian women but even SOME OF THEM bought into this "we're all the same" crap......and got dissed left and right until they learned better.

Now does that mean ALL Asians think and act the same?

Certainly not, there are many exceptions to the rule and I've known East Asians who were poor, a few who liked Black men, some who were Christian and religious, and even had a Korean friend who followed me (a Black man) around like a puppy.....

But this has less do with PREJUDICE and making ASSUMPTIONS and more to do with LIFE EXPERIENCE and what YOU OR ME have actually gone through.....damn some article in a magazine trying to tell you different.

Black people need to stop buying into this "we're all the same"  or the just as bad "never assume anything about anybody" crap.

Most other people don't believe this and they SHOW YOU they don't believe we're the same as them.
The only thing it does is confuse our people into wondering  if "we're all the same" why they get treated so harshly by these other groups.

I have seen people struggle against theit culture. It is may be less understandable to people from a more individual culture than a collective one. @Pioneer1 perhaps coming from a group that doesn't have their own culture makes cultural imperatives both foreign and incomprehensible. 

My argument is that American Blacks are a subculture. Since they can not lay claim to a language or culture of origin.

Cats that grew up with me were into hip hop Richard Pryor,Kung Fu and Blaixpotation movies.

The Five Deadly Venoms ,  36 Chambers et cetera and others were based in a pre technological past. Clans fought or the master had to kill a rogue student. The issue of values and tradition were strong in those movies. Hip Hop also valued certain qualities. You couldn't bite someone else's style. 

On 4/6/2018 at 11:24 AM, Pioneer1 said:

Most other people don't believe this and they SHOW YOU they don't believe we're the same as them.
The only thing it does is confuse our people into wondering  if "we're all the same" why they get treated so harshly by these other groups.

That's the whole point of race being an artificial construct.  It enables tribes to dominate and discriminate against  those whom they feel superior to. The social construct of "bias" is exemplified by the class distinctions which occur within the tribes. But none of these man-made classifications can neutralize the fact that humans are all the same species because they can mate and reproduce no matter how different they look. 

Inbred in Homo Sapiens,  is apparently a survival instinct to dominate, - to be the Alpha Male/King of the Hill. Blacks portray themselves as a sympathetic noble group, but they are in reality just unlucky. If black humans had managed to hold on to their dominance,  they  would treat other tribes just as bad as they are treated by them - because they all have the same mentality, and power corrupts.

i take the liberty of expressing my opinionated conclusions because, with pioneer, you have the option to do what he does.  :o

Del

I think the fact that AfroAmericans for the most part don't have their own culture has some good points and also some.....actually many more.....bad points.

But what's worse than not having your own culture is actually trying to adopt another person's culture.

It's so shameful to see Black folks walking around on St. Patrick's day with green beads around their necks drinking beer, grinning, and talking loud.
It seems like I've seen more of it these past few years than even when I was a kid grown up!
Atleast back in the 70s and 80s Black folks had enough pride in themselves to not engage in what so many Whites were doing.....this generation seems to be clueless.

Cynique

That's the whole point of race being an artificial construct. It enables tribes to dominate and discriminate against those whom they feel superior to. The social construct of "bias" is exemplified by the class distinctions which occur within the tribes. But none of these man-made classifications can neutralize the fact that humans are all the same species because they can mate and reproduce no matter how different they look.

First of all......
Racial classification is an artificial construct.....RACE ITSELF is not.

Secondly.....
No one is arguing over whether or not all human beings belong to the same species.

And just because people can mate and reproduce together DOESN'T mean there aren't clear and obvious differences between them.

You're interjecting nonsense and distractions into the argument.

Inbred in Homo Sapiens, is apparently a survival instinct to dominate, - to be the Alpha Male/King of the Hill. Blacks portray themselves as a sympathetic noble group, but they are in reality just unlucky. If black humans had managed to hold on to their dominance, they would treat other tribes just as bad as they are treated by them - because they all have the same mentality, and power corrupts.

Black is not a "tribe"...it's a race.

And Blacks HAVE been in charge of other races through out history whether you're talking about Egyptians and Ethopians ruling much of Arabia OR you're talking about African Moors ruling much of Europe.

Yet despite those hundreds and thousands of years of Blacks having power and domination over Caucasians can you point to the same level of treatment that AfroAmericans and Native Americans have endured in the Americas by Europeans.

So your argument is faulty.

No Pioneer you do not need to personally meet a billion people to speak intelligently about them; you would need to me more than you have personally meet -- or could possibly meet.

Here is something to consider in your understanding of Chinese people:  The ones who have met are a very small biased sample and are not representative of the population that you would encounter on mainland China.  Can you think of reasons why this might be true?

If you can, then you might also understand why you should be careful making sweeping generalization about people you know every little about, for you reveal how much you don't know about a people when you do it.

Look, personal experiences are all most of us have (we don't travel or read outside our culture); our experiences define who we are and how we perceive the world, but once we cross the line and start believing that our experience is the way the world actually is then we get into trouble.

I guess what Del is trying to tell me, in essence, is to let you be happy believing what you believe.  I'm beginning to see that he is right for I've had no impact on your use of biased and racial stereotypes. 

The the only reason the Black/negro race was created was to define us as subhuman worthy of being owned and treated like a dog or a mule.... usually worse.  We should be the first ones in line to dispense with thinking of humans in terms of different races.

Ok I misunderstood your intent Del.

I my case I completely understand Pioneer.  But obviously I disagree with his position on race.  As we know there is no scientific or genetic basis for Race -- this is not even open for debate. 

Where I disagree with Pioneer is how he takes his understanding of "race" and uses explain the behavior of people. For example, "Black and White girls were easier to meet and sleep with than East Asian girls."

Don't mistake disagreement for a lack of understanding.  

• Like 1

LOL  As expected, pioneer resorts to simply contradicting what i say; that's all he can do because he has no credible rebuttals. He doesn't know any more what he is talking about than i do.  But my i do draw from sources other than ones that make me comfortable to believe, something pioneer can't claim.  He is the center of a universe he has created, a dense miasma of bull shit where he is omniscient, riding on the back on an ass, trotting along on an endless ego trip, deluded into thinking he is some kind of a black messiah. And that is my opinion, - an insult which Del is free to rebut in his role as the charred keeper of pioneer's flame.

I am receptive to the opinion of people who are innovative thinkers, to whom "what if" is  a phrase that prefaces their profound speculations.  Tired, unoriginal, unproven blather doesn't inspire credibility on my part, especially when the individual spewing it, thinks his half-cocked pronouncements are carved in stone. 

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Yet despite those hundreds and thousands of years of Blacks having power and domination over Caucasians can you point to the same level of treatment that AfroAmericans and Native Americans have endured in the Americas by Europeans.

Oh, puleeze. Black humans never had domination over white humans for hundreds of thousands of years. That's a lot of hyperbole  on your part. You don't know what black humans were doing to each other or, for that matter, what red humans were doing to each other.  Cruelty in the quest for power exists across the board, and white humans were able to prevail because of the superior weaponry which enabled them to gain a foothold.  Your argument is full of mawkish emotion.    

Troy

We can go back and forth for weeks over what is or isn't appropriate or what's prejudice and ignorant assumption - let me get straight to the point by asking you 2 questions:

1. When I said I found Black and White girls easier to sleep with than East Asian girls, it was my PERSONAL experience.
Now are you saying that I was WRONG about that conclusion?

In other words,  are you saying that East Asian women are just as easy to meet and sleep with as women from any other group?

2. Since I can't make assumptions about only one billion Chinese based on the limited amount of Chinese I've met in my life - of the BILLIONS of females on this planet how many did YOU have to meet before concluding that most of them found males attractive?

Cynique

No, what PIONEER is doing is actually establishing clarity and keeping the subject clear from all the foolishness and distraction that you're attempting to toss into it.

Very little of what you said in your previous post (or the one you just posted) is actually relevant or useful in the converstation.
It's emotional babble about how much of an opened minded thinker you are and how much you don't like my way of thinking.....neither of which addresses the subject.

Oh, puleeze. Black humans never had domination over white humans for hundreds of thousands of years. That's a lot of hyperbole on your part. You don't know what black humans were doing to each other or, for that matter, what red humans were doing to each other. Cruelty in the quest for power exists across the board, and white humans were able to prevail because of the superior weaponry which enabled them to gain a foothold. Your argument is full of mawkish emotion.

I didn't say hundreds OF thousands, I said hundreds AND thousands.

I asked you can you point to an example of Blacks treating Whites under their rule as inhumanely as Whites have treated Blacks under their rule....

But I take it from your indirect and rambling response.....no...you can't.

i don't have to prove anything to you because  you haven't proved what you claim.  Everything you say is just a bunch of  crap you pull out of your ass. You  think you're an authority on everything with your self-important self and you ain't nothin but a wanna-be with no credentials.   

28 minutes ago, Cynique said:

i don't have to prove anything to you because  you haven't proved what you claim.  Everything you say is just a bunch of  crap you pull out of your ass. You  think you're an authority on everything with your self-important self and you ain't nothin but a wanna-be with no credentials.   

Now, now, now......no need to get nasty (er), lol.

What's the matter - Hmmm?

LOL....were you expecting your 72 year old wild stallion to "light your fire" tonight and instead he ended up "putting out your lights" for picking needless arguments with him?

Now look, if you can't answer a simple question just say "I don't know" and leave it at that.
I understand.

Trust me.  Dealing with YOU....I definately understand.

And you still can't spell "definitely", which says a lot about how your brain works. Tell me again, what is the source of your assertion about the "hundreds and thousands" of years blacks were humane to whites.    Even the phrase "hundreds and thousands" is a silly one.  Why not just say thousands. Your mind is off-kilter.  

Quit worrying about my love life and focus on maintaining that blow-up doll you keep stashed in your closet.  Pathetic.

Cynique

And you still can't spell "definitely", which says a lot about how your brain works. Tell me again, what is the source of your assertion about the "hundreds and thousands" of years blacks were humane to whites.

And you can't tell a QUESTION from a DECLARATION;  let alone answer one directly....which tells me something about how YOUR brain "works" (for lack of a better term).

Everytime you post, an image of a peanut rattling around in an empty can pops up....lol

((rrrattle rrrrrattle ))

Quit worrying about my love life and focus on maintaining that blow-up doll you keep stashed in your closet. Pathetic.

Fruedian slip?

Atleast a blow-up doll can keep quiet, isn't obnoxious, and doesn't start needless arguments for thrills.

I'd say a blow-up doll is an UPGRADE over you....lol.