Dr. King. Dream,50. Years. Later.

April. 4,  50. Years. Ago,Dr.  King. Assassinated.  Are. Black,Preachers. Keeping. The. Dream. Alive?Most. Are. Not.  3,Black. Preachers. In. Prison. For. Killing. Their. Wives,Preachers. Have. Been. Caught. With. Prostitutes Married. Women,,Arrested. For. Stealing. Money,Have,Children. With. Mistresses...Steal. Church. Money,To. Buy. Cars,,Entertainment. Women..  John. Lewis,Will,Talk. About. Moral. Obligation,Martin. King 111,Spoke. About. Accountability. Unarmed. Black. Males,Being. Gunned. Down.. What. About. Black. Leaders,Accountability.  Neither. John. Lewis,Martin King 111,Talk. About. Black. Community. Accountability,Moral,Obligation. Black. Men. Having Multiple,Children. With. Multiple. Women,Not. Caring. About. Any.  Black. Men. Prostitution. 14. Year. Old. Girls.  Crack. Houses,Street. Gangs. Slaughtering. Black. People. In. The. Streets....Black.  Genocide....Parents. Involved. With. Their,Children. Education,Those. Early. Years....News. Says,Winnie. Mandela. Died.  She. Was. A. Strong,Courageous,Woman.....

@harry brown, I stepped away from social media and watch virtually no broadcast TV or radio.  Most of the media I consume I seek out,  It is "pulled" in by me rather than "pushed:" to me.  Now I admit this will not be a complete picture of our world, but it is better than have my news feed to me by those solely motivated by profit. 

I say this to suggest that you may be are getting a very biased and distorted picture of preachers.

The media focus mostly on the preachers who behave badly, simply because we show more interest in the thieving whoring preachers than the ones who are actually doing good in the community.  I would be willing to bet you money that the majority, perhaps the vast majority, of ministers are righteous and trying to have a positive impact on their communities.

This is not to suggest that they are perfect, no one is, but I think they are doing more good that bad.

Would you be willing to try this for a while.  Forget the bad preachers, share stories about ministers that are doing good work.  Now again, you might have to dig deep given the current state of our media, but I'm sure you can find folks who are doing the right thing.  

You might also wanna read a bit more about Winnie Mandela...

As always thanks for you contributions to out forum.

If I may "spice" the conversations up a bit...............

Troy

I'm not sure if I'm willing to take a neutral stance on the majority of Black preachers and whether or not they're good for the community.

Some would argue that the religion of Christianity itself is not good for our people (AfroAmericans) because much of it is based on false doctrine as well as Roman and Greek mythology.
But what makes it even worse for our people are the morals that it espouses.......

Many of the morals and ethics espouses in traditional Christianity are either unnatural or irrational and doesn't "jibe" with the psyche of the average Black male and female.
For examples:

-Telling people not to worry about sinning because their sins are already "paid for"
-Telling people that they can't engage in polygamy but strictly monogamy only
-Telling people to "turn the other cheek" when an injustice is commited against them

Any person or institution promoting these type of values to and among AfroAmericans (and this would include MOST preachers) could be seen as helping to keep them in a vulnerable condition.

@Pioneer1 I have no issues with what you wrote about Christianity.  While I was raised a Christian it is not a religion that I practice.  

That said, I think the Black church has done and can do positive things for a community.  I only suggest that Harry focus on the good they do rather than the evil some leaders practice.