Confessions of a Weary Soul

Well, now that Spring has officially arrived replete with freezing temperatures and even snow flurries, instead of me feeling ready to emerge from the winter doldrums and take on the world with renewed vigor, i have little enthusiasm for what awaits outside my cave; an arena where i have lost interest in competing. A scenario that has degenerated into a mundane TV rerun of the past. A society that is a growing reflection of what i despise, populated by people who embody what i reject; not only Trump and his ilk, but insipid celebs in the entertainment industry, ubiquitous victims of religious mind control, the droning voices of a black community debating itself. Language, which i used to love, has become a barrier rather than a gateway to communication in my one-on-one interactions. I am becoming  a misanthrope as well as a captive of my own imperfections. 

But, i am thankful for the retreat of introspection and the encompass of the universe. If boredom with real life is the price i have to pay for the freedom to wonder and imagine, then i am grateful, too, for the psyche which transcends my material surroundings. Here on earth i have become an apathetic spectator.  Inside my head, however, i am taking a thrilling spiritual journey that leads to who knows where...

pathway.jpg.b47fd8137c0a51e51fb8966d67dbe5cb.jpg

• Thanks 1

@Pioneer1 Only the last paragraph had daydream overtures.  Everything preceding it were disclosures of my disillusionment  and weariness.  

And you never "know better".  You just think you do.  You may not daydream but you are delusional, totally convinced of your infallibility, something Troy regularly deposes. 

19 minutes ago, Cynique said:

@Pioneer1 Only the last paragraph had daydream overtures.  Everything preceding it were disclosures of my disillusionment  and weariness.  

And you never "know better".  You just think you do.  You may not daydream but you are delusional, totally convinced of your infallibility, something Troy regularly exposes. 

Speaking of regularly exposing......

If you're disillusioned and weary....AKA "bored".....try going public and EXPOSING yourself....lol.

I guarantee you it (along with all it's repercussions) will bring some excitement in your life and break up the monotany.

Just a thought.

A silly suggestion, leaving me to consider its source.  I already mentioned that introspection is my fulfilling alternative to being bored.  BTW, the word is spelled "monotony" not "monotany".