TIME OUT

Since Mel and Zaji have made themselves scarce, i'm going on hiatus, too. You boys can discuss amongst yourselves and exude your testosterone.  Time for me to shift into the astral zone and expand my mind...

5acd3ae19b750_mycredo.jpg.14dfc8a696b2180073a5b80a63f7d51c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Linda Chavez seems to have forgoten about us too...lol.

This long winded comment isn't about Cynique so much as it's about my observation about the Black female posters websites in general.

I'm not suprised that women don't frequent this site (or atleast this section of the site) much and those who do quickly drop out.

And it's not like they have to leave because they're insulted and barraged with sexist comments, threats, or lewd photos (to my knowledge atleast).
It appears that many simply just don't like the "vibe" of the place.

I've mentioned times before that for some reason most women feel more comfortable posting on HEAVILY moderated sites, especially where most of the moderators are female.

Ofcourse not all women do, but from what I've seen it appears that many women like being able to flag posts that they find offensive and get them taken down AND/OR get the posters in trouble or banned.

Troy doesn't seem to be trigger happy like that (and a big THANK YOU to Troy for it).

Now is this a good or bad thing?

((shrugs shoulders))

I don't know,  guess it depends on your perspective.

Not being female, I don't know how they feel but they certainly have a right to post where they feel most comfortable.

But from a male perspective..........

I really don't like the lack of Black female presence.
Even when Cynique and Mel were posting regularly it wasn't enough as far as I was concerned.

It's natural for men to want and get "validation" from the women of their community, and when the women of their community don't want to "be around"....it's almost an insult.

As much as they complain about not finding enough Black men at their level.....are you seriously telling me that professional Black women wouldn't want to have an intelligent academic conversation with Troy or Del about a specific field????

Having been on a few White sites.....before they find out I'm Black and the racial insults start...lol....I don't see this type of "divide" between most White men and women.
They seem to be able to have conversations with eachother and agree or disagree based on the subject without demeaning or hurling insults at eachother and trying to get eachother in trouble.
But with too many Black sites I've noticed they fall into one of 3 categories:

1. It's all woman and gay men bashing the hell out of men.
2. It's all angry men bashing the hell out of women.
3. It's almost all women with one dominant Alpha male running the place and driving out any other man who steps in on the site....kind of like a gorilla and harem routine, lol.

But a balanced male and female harmony where both groups can be themselves and express their opinions freely and still get along?

Those are becoming few and far in between.

@Pioneer1 those observation are one of the few times I've almost agreed with your observations and resulting opinions. LOL!

I've exchanged a coupe of emails with the Sister from Lip Stick Alley (still Black owned).  I gather she more aggressively moderates her site than I do this one.  As a result women seem to be all over it.

I too enjoy engaging with other Black people. I'm disappointed there is not more action here. All of the folks that would be active here, and have been active here, have mostly gone to Facebook.  But as far as "...a balanced male and female harmony where both groups can be themselves..." I'm not aware of any sites like this (@Pioneer1 won't share the ones he knows about.)

Just today someone emailed me about an effort to provide more support for bookstores.  This is something that I have actively done for as long as I've been running this website.  But they want to have the conversation on Facebook.  I'll invite the group here.  We'll see what happens. I'm not participating in any group on Facebook. Our problems are never solved by trying to use the very thing that is causing the problem. as a solution or a tool to remedy it.

Come back soon @Cynique

Troy

Sorry man, I can't "cross contaminate"....lol.

And you're right, there aren't many.....but there still are one or two that I enjoy.

If it's any comfort to you, I don't talk about this site on other sites but I DO mention this site quite frequently in real life to those I know who are aspiring authors and screen play writers.

Infact, you'd be supised how many people I mention this site to and they end up ALREADY KNOWING ABOUT IT...lol.

• Like 1

Well @Delano thanks for the support. This thing would be impossible without folks like you.  I like to think however that we support each other.  I like to think I get the same thing out of it that you do. It is not like these forums have ever made me any money :)

Pioneer, stop thinking like a "Westerner."  It is not about cross contamination, it is about cross support.  I participate on Lipstick Alley from time to time because people from there come here (they have not posted, but I can see the traffic).  If folks from some of the other forums came here from time to time, that would be a good thing. 

Troy

Pioneer, stop thinking like a "Westerner." It is not about cross contamination, it is about cross support. I participate on Lipstick Alley from time to time because people from there come here (they have not posted, but I can see the traffic). If folks from some of the other forums came here from time to time, that would be a good thing.

A good thing huh???

Like having Kalexander2 following you around from site to site accusing you of being a gay Nazi transvestite who practices Luciferianism on the side when you're not working for the shadow government....lol.

Sounds like a win win situation all the way around.

Sister Cynique, that sounds more like a dose of estrogen at work then an epinephrine function, fight or flight to the astral zone. So, since we all live in some part of the universe, are we in church 24/7? You mean this shit is real? DAMN!!

That Pioneer1 really has not accepted his sexuality and believe we don't know it? Maybe! LOL!!!

@Pioneer1: The reason 'gender alternative' people hid in the closet is not to hide from people, it is because there are no mirrors in the closet, or if there are, its too dark to yourself. Not to worry, though, your dream date, with bowtie doesn't care.

• 3 weeks later...