Astrological Prediction the end of Trump's Presidency

8 hours ago, Kalexander2 said:

Some is not most;

You only need some, not most, to win an election and hold office.

6 hours ago, Delano said:

In a conversation yesterday an acquaintance said. The middle class has been removed. They are no longer needed as a buffer between the wealthy  and the poor.

I agree with this as the middle ckass is squeezed and the poor have nithing to realistically aspire to we have the potential for serious problems. 

I heard a talking head say that Obama's accomplishment was keeping the pitch forks at bay. Occupy started under his presidency and was summarily squashed. The pitch folks will come... poor whites are stock piling weapons as we speak, but I'm afraid they have the wrong targets immigrants and Blacks are not the cause of their problems.

1 hour ago, Kalexander2 said:

Moscow Mitch will allow an impeachment vote in the senate after Dems vote to impeach.

The Republicans hold the Senate so the effort is a waste of time. 45 has liitle over a year to go and will finish his term. Another Republican will replace him as long, as the person is "normal" they will feel like a breath of fresh air.

Just now, Troy said:

You only need some, not most, to win an election and hold office

We're not even talking 'elections' I'm not anyway; I'm talking about public opinion as to impeachment. Most people want 45 out, some his own base.

Just now, Troy said:

but I'm afraid they have the wrong targets immigrants and Blacks are not the cause of their problems.

Doesn't matter, white nationalists want blood; Some are spilling it little by little already. Economic and social hegemony white folk (middle class) are the one's the GOP listens to, and they're, little by little, feed-up with 45. Hence, support for impeachment.

Just now, Troy said:

The Republicans hold the Senate so the effort is a waste of time. 45 has liitle over a year to go and will finish his term. Another Republican will replace him as long, as the person is "normal" they will feel like a breath of fresh air.

Moscow Mitch ain't anybody's fool, not even for 45, he pretends to care about his party; He doesn't care.  He's another sycophant looking for a benefit, when there's no more benefit, He'll turn on 45 like a rabid dog. He already is turning on him.

@Kalexander2 you keep saying most people what him out.  I'm not sure where you are getting this information.  I don't even want 45 before out before the election next year because that will mean Pence, an evangelical Christian, would become president -- potentially for 9 years! Between the two options I pick 45 for another year.

7 hours ago, Troy said:

where you are getting this information.

Well, we can start with 'Fox News' own survey and end with a recent Gallup poll:

Donald Trump hasn’t even been in the White House for three years, but a new poll shows that America is already tired of his presidency.

According to a Fox News survey, the Trump administration has left 52 percent of the country feeling exhausted. Only 37 percent say this president has made them feel energized about politics.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-19-at-6.48.29-PM-485

The finding tracks with Trump’s alarmingly high disapproval rating, which stands at 54 percent. Just 45 percent of those surveyed approve of his job performance.

That’s not the only finding in the poll that should worry Trump’s reelection campaign.

Fox News also found that the American people are starting to feel increasingly uncomfortable about the nation’s economic situation. Nearly half of respondents say the current economy makes them feel “nervous,” while 37 percent feel “confident” about it.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-19-at-7.00.02-PM-485

The economy that Donald Trump inherited from Barack Obama and Joe Biden is the only thing keeping his numbers from completely falling through the floor.

But as his trade war continues to push the U.S. toward an economic slowdown – already costing the country 300,000 jobs – Trump is on the verge of losing the only thing that has kept his reelection campaign afloat up to this point.

President Donald Trump pays more public attention to his job approval rating than any recent president in my experience. Unlike Bush, Trump generally doesn't discount the overall importance of job approval ratings. In fact, Trump's frequent references to the measure legitimize its importance in his estimation, even as he often criticizes specific polls.

Trump has employed three basic approaches to job approval ratings. First, he supports and quotes job approval measures when they are to his liking, underscoring his basic acceptance of the measure as a valid indicator of his performance. Second, he often claims his approval rating would be 20 or 30 points higher if not for various impediments, including the Fed and the "fake news media." This too legitimizes the underlying concept of using the approval rating as a measure of performance. Third, he dismisses specific approval ratings he doesn't like, calling them "fake" or "suppression polls," alleging that various pollsters are deliberately attempting to make his approval too low. This doesn't mean Trump is dismissing job approval ratings per se, just certain specific polling results that don't fit his self-conception.

A valuable attribute of the job approval measure comes from the historical context it provides -- going back to the days of World War II. Trump's job approval rating

7 hours ago, Troy said:

in Gallup's latest survey is 39%. We can say that Trump's current 39% is well below the historical average of 53% across all presidents since Harry Truman, and is below where Dwight Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush were in September of their third year in office after first being elected. Trump's rating is higher than Jimmy Carter's 30% to 33% ratings in September of his third year in office (1979), and just slightly below Barack Obama's 40% to 43% weekly averages in September of his third year (2011).

7 hours ago, Troy said:

I don't even want 45 before out before the election next year because that will mean Pence, an evangelical Christian, would become president -- potentially for 9 years! Between the two options I pick 45 for another year.

Careful brother, you're starting to sound the sycophants' excuses for supporting 45. NEWs FLASH! Pence, angelical Christians and far doctrines are already here, for quite some time now.

21 hours ago, Kalexander2 said:

Careful brother, you're starting to sound the sycophants' excuses for supporting 45.

It is interesting that is how you interpreted my comments.

21 hours ago, Kalexander2 said:

Well, we can start with 'Fox News' own survey

Lets not start with Fox News as a source, for what should be obvious reasons.

Besides polls have nothing to do with the laws and process for removing a sitting president.

• Like 1

Weld is calling for 45 to be put to death for treason. Saying that is the "only penalty."

Wow!

Can you imagine. At the risk of sounding like another one of 45's excuse making shoulder monkeys (😉 @ @Kalexander2).

It will never happen, nor do I think it should. Trial and lengthy sentence would be better. 

Impeachment seems more real.

What are the chances it happens mid January. Can you figure it out? 

On 5/24/2019 at 7:26 AM, Troy said:

Nope, I never did, but I still believe he'll serve out his term.

On 5/24/2019 at 5:52 AM, Delano said:

Still think his taxes are a non event? 

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/19/politics/california-federal-judge-trump-tax-returns/index.html

I never said it was "non-event." I never even said it wasn't treason. All I'm asserting is that he will serve out his term.

Even the Democratic speaker of the house does not want to impeach. Surely Nancy, who knows more about the subject than both of us, has good reasons.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/25/2019 at 10:30 AM, Delano said:

Think about the name of this thread. It's an Astrological Prediction. Also our second bet you only pay if he is either impeached or terminated in January. Which is an astrological prediction. Like I said of I get it wrong I'll give up on political prediction. 

As an aside I have given up on trying to convince people that astrology works. Actually I moving to not trying to convince anyone to rethink their position.  So may post my go from beige to straight white bread

@Troy 

Screenshot_20200117-070014.png

OK i understand.

But surely your Astrological predictions are influenced by your interpretation. As you know, no two astrologers world interpret indentical charts the same way.

Since your interpretation is a function of who you are, then your experiences and the information you've consumed must influence your interpretations. Right?

Now if all the revelations of January result in no meaningful consequences -- or even a second term -- will January be a "watershed" moment?

The interpretation is the Astrological prediction. I said January would be a turning point. You seem to be under he impression that nothing has changed, so what can I saw. I don't let my personal feeling impact a reading. I said that Trump would most likely win when he was running. Then I said a over a year ago that he  wouldn't finish his term. You disagreed with both positions. So perhaps it is your experiences and information colour your positions.

So if he is ousted between now and January is that an accurate astrological prediction for you?

Humm I did not remember discounting a potential 45 win.  If you actually looked that up comment that I posted, but have not shared the link, please post it.

OK you are supporting my understanding of the nature of your astrological prediction, but stopped short of entertaining the idea that you may be influenced by a biased Australian media conglomerate. You very introspective, so I figured I'd offer it as a possibility.

@Delano are you taking my inquiries into the motivation as declarations of certainty? I explained why I think you are influenced by the media.  You obviously consume a lot of new since you often chide me for not listening to the news.

I think it is pretty obvious that anyone, unless they are obtuse or otherwise mentally defective, will be influenced by the media they consume.  You can't subsist on a diet of junk food and claim it has no impact on your health.

Often people are unaware of what influences drive their thoughts and behaviors. It is one reason I shun social media.

The notion that the "Media was surprised by Trump popularity" is illogical, for they were completely responsible for his popularity.  

Your beliefs are preventing you from seeing my point of view. 

Trump and the media have always had a symbiotic relationship. Except Trump got more mileage out of the situation. It is similar to the the relationship Trump has with the GOP. He was not accepted, in the beginning and there was talk of changing the rules to keep him from getting the nomination. Then the realise he was a plutocrat and welcomed him into the fold. I believe the arc of their relationship will end with Trump saying et tu McConnell. 

In short can you name one newspaper that stated in October 2015 that Trump would win the nomination. Did that same newspaper say in March 2017 Trump wouldn't finish his term. My positions were neither echoed nor a function of media consumption. 

Also I stated there would be changes in the geopolitical system culminating by 2024. 

If you are so motivated you can search your site to see my position. You can also research why i didn't believe in global warming and subsequently changed my position. Which also weren't a function of any news I consumed. 

You simply can't comprehend my not being influenced by the media when it appears that I am consumer. I am not a consumer of the media because I don't buy their opinions. I am window shopping. What I have noticed is that the news has become increasing subjective and the appearance of Objectivity is becoming increasingly rare. For example the owner of the Washington Post has personal issues with Trump. And at times the paper is used as Jeff Bezos's mouthpiece. You will recall I said From the start Bill Cosby was guilty which also wasn't media driven. 

@Troy

8 hours ago, Delano said:

What I have noticed is that the news has become increasing subjective and the appearance of Objectivity is becoming increasingly rare.

Well we agree on this 100%

I see your point of view Del. I just think you underestimate the impact of the media on yourself. We are all effected, sometimes in ways we can perceive. You read that book on subliminal suggestion from the 70's. They have the devices, algorithms, and data to be FAR more effective in 2020. The only way not to be effected is to avoid it.

If you think you are immune you are deluding yourself.

8 hours ago, Delano said:

You will recall I said From the start Bill Cosby was guilty...

Even this statement reflects media influence. Do you know Cosby or any of his accusers? Where you present during any of the events? No, of course you weren't. All you know is what the media has chosen to tell you.

You will recall I doubted everything they said about Cosby -- I still do, because the media has a history of portraying us badly in the media when we don't do their bidding or get too powerful for their liking.

7 hours ago, Troy said:

Even this statement reflects media influence. Do you know Cosby or any of his accusers? Where you present during any of the events? No, of course you weren't. All you know is what the media has chosen to tell you

Which newspaper did I get my position from, Troy

7 hours ago, Troy said:

I still do, because the media has a history of portraying us badly in the media when we don't do their bidding or get too powerful for their liking

Or maybe Bill Cosby and a R. Kelly are serial rapist.

@Delano how can you ask for examples when this very conversation illutrates several. Your former position on climate change and your current one on 45's prospects for completing his term (astrological predictions aside) are just two.

I don't need to know the newspapers you read. The fact that you read the is sufficient to know you are influenced by them. Previously you cited newspapers like the New York Post to support a position you held. The idea that you would cite that tabloid is troubling.

But if you don't believe the media has no influence on you. Fine. We'd just have to agree to disagree.

Why throw the completely unrelated R. Kelly case in with Cosby's as if they are the same? Again, the is what the media does -- The influence if main stream media on your reasoning is more profound than you are willing to consider...

Again, I know you don't believe the media has any influence on what you think. It is a hard thing to admit.

How about your lumping Cosby and Kelly together? Was that 300 year's worth of data too?  All you knew about Cosby and Kelly is what the media chose to share with you but you have no problem drawing daming conclusions. 

Did you also want the Central Park Five put away or executed too?

2 hours ago, Troy said:

Did you also want the Central Park Five put away or executed too?

Are you high on drugs? 

2 hours ago, Troy said:

How about your lumping Cosby and Kelly together? Was that 300 year's worth of data too?  All you knew about Cosby and Kelly is what the media chose to share with you but you have no problem drawing daming conclusions

I can't defend Black Men who are rapists so you and I are different. You left out Elijah Muhammad.

Aw get off your high horse and stop being silly; no one is defending rapists, but I'll not going to damn a Black man because of something the NY Post writes or because of an advertisement 45 takes out in the NY Times.

You do know America has a history of murdering innocent Black men for raping white women. Why you are so quick to judge based upon what their media feeds you is evidence of the control the media exherts over you.

The control is so complete you'd accuse me of being on drugs before entertaining the possibility.

Again I'll ask you @Delano did you think the Central Park Five were the "Super Predators" the media and 45 made them out to be, before they were proven innocent?

It is fascinating what you don't remember and what you think i said. At what point did I say the Central Park 5 were guilty.

You do sound like you aare on drugs though, because you are attributing things to me that I haven't said and not thinking about what I have said. 

So I will explain this to for the rational people. Somewhere around 2010 I thought I want to make up my own mind on Global Warming. So I  didn't read what either side said. What I did was to do a statistical analysis on over 200 years of data. First I had to understand the drivers of weather. I also looked at the IPCC yearbook, and looked at their models and I read through the data. Interestingly they said it is not possible to model weather. Which is an interesting comment because they use several models none of which predicted temperature very well. In the end I changed my mind because the cost of being wrong and doing nothing is higher than the cost of being wrong and not doing anything. If you care to go back and look at my arguments none of them were in any medium. What you ar confusing is the agreement of conclusion, while a disagreed about arguments.

Del can you make the distinction between a declaration and a question? My comments to you about the CP5 were all questions -- all of which you characteristically failed to answer. 

Why are you continuing to rehash your globally warming argument? You previuosly made you position on that clear and it does not bolster your rationale for blindly trusting mainstream media when it comes to judging Black men like Cosby or the CP5.

Perhaps review what I said before making statements. 

Why do you keep moving the target? You just keep asking questions without even a mention of my answers to your previous questions. Yet you say I don't answer your questions. 

You're making a statement that I am swayed by the media. Then you use examples of my comments to bolster your argument. Proving intent is very difficult, since you are imputing and internal state from external cues. Motivation is a bit easier to prove using actions. Most people are swayed by the media, data and technical arguments. Clearly I am not most people. Cynique is the finest mind on the site. She posted a statement about John McClain that I had seen from FB. It sounded false so I checked and it wasn't true. 

If you believe I am swayed by the media because everyone is then there's no argument I can make to demonstrate my mental independence. It's a weak argument especially by someone that has met me in person. 

I started out working on Wall Street by day and hanging out at night. I ended with being a psychic and not a stay at home dad in Oz. Clearly I follow my own path. 

Most of my adult life I haven't owned aTV. I also haven't owned a computer for more than a few years between 1991-2006. I didn't have a mobile phone until 2006. 

It is apparent to me that impartiality is not possible by the media. There is an incredible polarisation in the culture that prevents dialogue, in addition to the death of critical thinking. 

I have decided to take a break from FB ironically you have returned to the Face. 

Climate Change my position was initially the data doesn't support the claim. Correlation is easier to show than causality. I changed my mind because of Pascal's wager. 

Bill Cosby was one of the worst kept secrets in the industry. Ask anyone involved in entertainment. I had heard about his character back in 1997 or thereabouts. 

I haven't seen The R. Kelly documentary. However based on him marrying Aaliyah when she was a minor. And having many teenage girls living with him, makes him suspect. 

Actually unless you have first hand information. It's all hearsay and hearsay is not admissible in a court of law. 

On 1/20/2020 at 1:59 PM, Delano said:

It is apparent to me that impartiality is not possible by the media. There is an incredible polarisation in the culture that prevents dialogue, in addition to the death of critical thinking. 

The media can not be impartial. If you consume one source of news you are being lied to.

@Delano did you believe the media's reporting on the Central Park Five, before they were proven innocent?

...you have returned to the Face. 

That is a completely false statement my friend. I deleted my personal profile along with my 5K "friends" back in 2018. It is curious however tgat you would make this false statement in this context. Why?

Actually unless you have first hand information. It's all hearsay and hearsay...

Precisely. We used to call it gossip. When the media directs it against Black men it is especially harmful.

16 hours ago, Delano said:

@Troy can you name one newspaper that thinks Trump will be removed by the Senate trial? 

No, because the fact of the matter is that he will not be removed. But keep in mind much of the "news'" we consume is social media driven gossip, speculation, opinion (often uninformed), Russian trolls, advertisement, and other forms of unvetted and unattributed information. 

As a result, there is no shortage of people who believe it is criminal that 45 is not removed and people who believe the proceedings are a corrupt witch hunt. These two diametrically opposed camps can reside on the same platform.

The false statement, you said the "finest mind" on this site, shared from Facebook illustrates my point. How do you think lessor minds, like yours, would be impacted Del?

7 hours ago, nels said:

Trump will be reelected in a landslide.

Probably.

7 hours ago, Troy said:

@Delano did you believe the media's reporting on the Central Park Five, before they were proven innocent?

No

7 hours ago, Troy said:

That is a completely false statement my friend. I deleted my personal profile along with my 5K "friends" back in 2018. It is curious however tgat you would make this false statement in this context.

When did you take AALBC off FB, because I saw you on FB recently. Or do you not consider an entity that you fully own not representing you?

I wrote this

On 1/21/2020 at 5:59 AM, Delano said:

Most people are swayed by the media, data and technical arguments. Clearly I am not most people. Cynique is the finest mind on the site. She posted a statement about John McClain that I had seen from FB. It sounded false so I checked and it wasn't true. 

And this was your response. I will let someone else explain it to you. It appears my point was too subtle for you to comprehend

7 hours ago, Troy said:

The false statement, you said the "finest mind" on this site, shared from Facebook illustrates my point. How do you think lessor minds, like yours, would be impacted Del?

@Delano regarding CP5. Well that is a relief.

I've never taken AALBC off Facebook. I use Facebook to post links back to AALBC and I haven't even done that in over a week. If someone comments on a link I posted I will reply (something you did not too long ago).   As I said, I don't use Facebook for personal reasons at all, nor do I consume any news or content there -- which was the point, something I thought you understood. 

7 hours ago, Delano said:

It appears my point was too subtle for you to comprehend

Then be clearer my Brother.