Pulitzer Prize Winning Emcee

Mel

Erm nope... your premise was black women emulating white women by changing their appearance.. It doesn't matter to what degree - whether slicking down hair with pomenade or dying your hair blond - and lighting your skin and wearing a YT's suit to be appealing to YT... it's your stance, so degrees don't matter. And it was you who brought NoI into the equation.

I'm not sure what you're refering to by "slicking your hair down with pomade".....lol.

But if you think I'm unfairly targetting Black women and saying ONLY THEY are trying to be White, ofcourse Black men who relax their hair and texturize it are trying to do the same.

During the 30s and 40s and 50s when Black men used to get their hair "conked" was an ever better example.

But physically altering your appearance by lightening your skin and bleaching your hair is NO WAY in the same catergory as wearing a suit or speaking proper English.

You're trying to muddy up the argument......lol....and it won't work.

My point is biology is a hard science and not to be mixed with sociology.

Well your point is wrong, because the two go togther.

Biology heavily influences sociology.

Women are biologically made to produce milk during and after they give birth to their children....which is why MEN DON'T BREAST FEED.

If we went with your argument, men would be just as able to breastfeed their children as women.....if society would only allow.

K2

Lol.....

Man, I really have no idea what point you're making or trying to make.

What's your POSITION in this discussion?

Troy

You wrote in an earlier post that you thought Odell was trying to be a white women. I clearly recall reading that.

I don't know, you may have indeed read it.....but you didn't read it from ME....because I never wrote it.

The only thing I wrote about Odell was this:

I forgot to mention back when you sarcastically asked was Odell Beckham trying to be a White woman......

Believe it or not MANY young Black men today are both consciously and subconsciously trying to be White women!

They feel being a "man" is too hard and comes with too much stress and frankly, many of them are confused on what manhood is.

They look at how White women are pampered in this society and how they seem to be able to say and do anything they want and everyone comes to their rescue and comforts them and does favors for them and growing up watching this......many young Black men have come to the conclusion that life as a WHITE WOMAN is much easier than trying to grow up and be a Black man

Now I do edit most of my posts.....almost always within the first 15 or 20 minutes of posting them. But I stand by my words. If said that i thought Odell was trying to be a White woman then it would STILL be posted up there!

I suggest you re-read our entire exchange and perhaps you'll find a statement you may have misunderstood.

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

You're trying to muddy up the argument......lol....and it won't work.

Actually you did that when you brought in the nation of islam.  Thanks though because you proved my point that there are various reason why people do what they do with their bodies. 

10 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Women are biologically made to produce milk during and after they give birth to their children....which is why MEN DON'T BREAST FEED.

Sexual reproductive organs are a function of BIOLOGY... it doesn't get any clearer than that.  But Sociologists will study the affects of why some men like you think that makes women submissive...

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, Mel Hopkins said:

Actually you did that when you brought in the nation of islam.  Thanks though because you proved my point that there are various reason why people do what they do with their bodies. 

Sexual reproductive organs are a function of BIOLOGY... it doesn't get any clearer than that.  But Sociologists will study the affects of why some men like you think that makes women submissive...

I brought up the Nation if Islam as an example of how men putting on suits and ties DOES NOT necessarily mean you're trying to be White, because the Nation of Islam teaches that White people are a race of devils....lol.....so they're obviously not trying to be like them.

Now it's a well known social as well as scientific fact that men tend to be more aggressive than women and it's been that way since recorded humanity.
It's also well known that testosterone.....among other things.....causes one to be more assertive and aggressive.
This is just one of MANY examples of how biology influences sociology and behavior.

But if you want to continue to believe that the only reason men tend to be more aggressive than women....have deeper voices, have penises, have larger muscles, and can grow beards.....all  simply because of "programming" then you're well within your right to do so....lol.

11 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Now it's a well known social as well as scientific fact that men tend to be more aggressive than women and it's been that way since recorded humanity.

Programmed to be more aggressive - there's nothing scientific about being programmed. 

15 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

Programmed to be more aggressive - there's nothing scientific about being programmed. 

Yes, culturally speaking men are usually programmed to be more aggressive AND they are naturally more aggressive because men are predominantly higher in the hormone testosterone which ALSO makes people more aggressive.

My point is it's not an EITHER OR....it's BOTH.

Image result for beyonce

BEYONCE

Image result for shakira

SHAKIRA

These two women are SUPPOSEDLY of two different races......

But can anyone point out any actually PHYSICAL DIFFERENCES between the two?

I don't care what anyone says......Beyoncé IS NOT BLACK!

Too many AfroAmericans have been brainwashed into accepting ANYONE who calls themselves Black AS Black....and it's creating problems in the community.

Beyoncé is being promoted and paid by racist entertainment executives because of her light skin and she's being encouraged to dye her hair blonde, probably straighten it, and wear all types of weaves and extensions to FURTHER brainwash Black youth.

Again, Pioneer if you accepted the fact that race has no genetic basis and is purely an artificial construct, would would be confused about the differences between by and Shakra and only this issue to b th bass for you rejecting our sister.

You really should have read the issue from National Geographic recommended these was an article with pictures that illustrated the genetic diversity on the continent of Africa. It would help you appreciate grouping people origin by the basis of their skin color is silly.

@Pioneer1

wow - just wow.

I was coming back to this board to commend you on your perspective about information really boils down to whom we trust.   I had to look at my own behavior and preferences, and you're correct. If I don't know something from experience - I go to the source I trust the most.   I  realized this is especially true in our current political climate.  Especially with 45*  doing his best to undermine the information sources that most Americans trust... 

I was like wow - Pioneer showed me my blindspot... (applause)

AND THEN you had to go and write something like this...

12 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Too many AfroAmericans have been brainwashed into accepting ANYONE who calls themselves Black AS Black....and it's creating problems in the community.

SMH (shaking my head)... welp. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Troy

Again, Pioneer if you accepted the fact that race has no genetic basis and is purely an artificial construct, would would be confused about the differences between by and Shakra and only this issue to b th bass for you rejecting our sister.

I don't reject Beyonce as a human being, I just don't accept her as Black.

RACIAL CATEGORIZATION is an artificial construct..it was invented by humans.
But RACE ITSELF is real and is genetically based.

Just like plants and polar bears are real and obviously different....but categorizing them as "vegetation" and "mammals" is artificial.

You really should have read the issue from National Geographic recommended these was an article with pictures that illustrated the genetic diversity on the continent of Africa. It would help you appreciate grouping people origin by the basis of their skin color is silly.

Race is more than than simply a person's SKIN COLOR.
There are Indians in India who are just a dark as the darkest person in Africa but they're still of a different race.
I've seen Chinese and Japanese paler and whiter than most White people I've met.....but they're still of a different race.

Race goes deeper than just skin tone.

Mel

You know how it is with what I write.

Sometimes you have to just eat the meat and spit out the bones....lol.

@Pioneer1: sir, your pro ???, and anti-Black colors are showing. Again. How in the hell can a person be Black and claim to be something else, or vice-se-verse? I'll even go a step further, anyone can claim to be a Jew if they say they are. But what the hell is a Jew anyway; hence, what is Black person? Just ponder that thought for a moment!

K2

And you are being YOU again....which means making no damn sense....lol.

But to answer your questions...........

A Black person is the colloquial name for a member of the African race

A Jew has 2 definitions:

1. A member of the Jewish ethnic group  or
2. A member of the religion of Judaism

So no...anyone can't simply CALL themselves a Jew and still be one if they don't fit the criteria of the above definitions.

@Pioneer1: Shooting off from the mouth (again) with absolutely nothing to back-up your misstatements; I understand though, when you got to go - you got to go.

First and foremost, ethnicity involves the "social identity' of a person or group; anyone can choose to identify with whatever or whoever they want. Just like Judaism (a religion) isn't restricted to just Jews; even if Jews choose to not recognize that person as such. The same as with 'gender,' anyone can choose to identify as a man or woman. Male and female, on the other hand, is just one 'biological' aspect of living species. These are called "self-identity concepts" because they are derived from a person or group's knowledge and/or membership in a social group. Including African-Americans, or Afro-Americans, as you prefer. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BIOLOGICAL BASES to race and ethnicity. NONE, NONE, NONE! I do believe brother Troy already proved, pointed out this fact before. Obviously to no avail. Black, too, may be considered such a concept, but only because there are people who are 'colored' Black, in the full sense of the term. Which is (probably) why the term 'people of color' is used to describe everybody NOT WHITE. 

(The Multigroup Ethnic Identity ... (by Jean S. Phinney) April 1, 1992). Read it and learn something!

So, I ask myself, why would a person side with an idea, theory, or convention with no proof. Because that person must convince others of the idea or convention; no matter how unfounded?

K2

Pioneer1: Shooting off from the mouth (again) with absolutely nothing to back-up your misstatements

Have you known ANYONE who was able to back-up "misstatements"?

First and foremost, ethnicity involves the "social identity' of a person or group; anyone can choose to identify with whatever or whoever they want. Just like Judaism (a religion) isn't restricted to just Jews; even if Jews choose to not recognize that person as such.

Allow me to correct you.......

I said it's not enough for anyone to simply call themselves a Jew AND  BE a Jew.

Hell, as long as you have a mouth you can run around CALLING yourself the President or the Pope...doesn't mean you ARE.

Again, in order to be Jewish you MUST fit the criteria I laid out....see above.

Don't leave out half of what I say or you'll only get HALF the understanding.....lol.

The same as with 'gender,' anyone can choose to identify as a man or woman. Male and female, on the other hand, is just one 'biological' aspect of living species.

Allow me to correct you again......

Again, anyone can CHOOSE TO IDENTIFY with whatever they want, but that doesn't mean they ARE what they identify with nor does it mean they will be ACCEPTED as what they identify with.

Male and female is BIOLOGICAL

Masculine and feminine is SOCIAL

A person can CHOOSE whether or not they want to be masculine or feminine.
A person CAN'T CHOOSE whether or not they want to be male or female....outside of getting physically altered.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BIOLOGICAL BASES to race and ethnicity. NONE, NONE, NONE

Allow me to correct you once more.........

Once again you're only getting it HALF right.

The basis of ethnicity is MOSTLY sociological (although biology does play a minor role in most cases); however the bases of race IS BIOLOGICAL.

The BIOLOGICAL cause of darker skin of Africans:

Dermatologist Susan C. Taylor, author of "Brown Skin," points out that African- Americans and other people of colour generally look younger than their lighter- skinned peers because of the higher levels of melanin in their skin.

https://www.slideshare.net/blmcharity2016/the-science-of-melanin

The BIOLOGICAL causes of different hair in different races:

Asian hair is on average the thickest and most coarse hair compared to Caucasian and African American hair. It is almost always straight and circular in cross section. The density of Asian hair on the scalp (follicles per unit area of skin) is less than that typically observed in Caucasians. The density of hair follicles in African Americans is also somewhat lower than for Caucasians on average. At the lowest end of the spectrum the density of Asian may be just 90,000 scalp follicles and rarely gets above 120,000 scalp follicles.

Caucasian hair can be quite variable in its presentation with straight, wavy or curly hair. The fiber can be circular or oval in cross section and is on average thinner than Asian hair. Hair follicle density varies and density can be approximately related to hair color. Red haired people have the least dense scalp hair growth of Caucasians, blonds the most dense and brown haired people somewhere in the middle. Denstiy can range from 100,000-150,000 scalp hair follicles

African American hair is frequently tightly coiled, or spiral hair. In cross section it is elliptical or almost flat and ribbon-like in some cases. This means that there is more strength and rigidity to the fiber across the area of greatest cross section but the hair is much more pliable across the narrow section. This results in the curls of hair all naturally flexing and coiling along the ribbon while there is little or no coiling from side to side

http://www.keratin.com/aa/aa002.shtml

I can go on and on posting plenty of articles and links to the BIOLOGICAL and SCIENTIFIC reality of race and racial differences.

Whether or not you CHOOSE to accept them is up to you.

(The Multigroup Ethnic Identity ... (by Jean S. Phinney) April 1, 1992). Read it and learn something!

Maybe.
But you should try UNDERSTANDING what you read in order learn.

All the reading in the world will not help you if you don't have the intelligence to COMPREHEND what you're reading; or take what you've read and run off with only a half-assed understanding of the intended message.