Prisons of Our Own Making

Discussions about healthy living usually revolve around diet and exercise. Social interaction is often left out of the conversation, even though research shows that it's critical to our well-being.

• Thanks 1

True. Though all beings interact with one another it's the kinds of interaction where healthy or unhealthy emotional living, stability start. Many of us want to think, believe we think for ourselves, for instance; that we don't need anyone, then promptly call a friend and asks what you would for the evening.  We would not know how to go about living without some interaction with other living beings. Whether it's a dog, cat, man, or woman; how we interact with each other can, indeed, dictate our well-being.

Men interact with women, but usually with unhealthy motives causing unhealthy habits to develop thereby causing emotional instability.

I'm almost certain that conventions of traditional social norms not necessarily the answer to healthy living either. Not all smokers die from cancer and live to ripe old ages, not everyone who eat pork develop heart decease. Now there are many who do die from such habits but DISTRESS is probably the leader in poor health. STRESS GOOD, DISTRESS BAD! True, lack of social interactions can cause distress, heart decease, cancer, even stokes; but so can arguing in interactions, fighting, and ill feelings towards others. A bad attitude also leads to failing health.

For me, I find my feeling up-beat, more productive interaction with others on social media. Not lonely. Like during holiday seasons, I don't do well at Christmas and New Years events to interact with others. Summer time is when my spirits are higher, thus the time I function better. It just depends on the individaual. We need to be careful about how we take-in such theories as the sound track suggest. 

Interesting thread!

Human beings need a measure of social validation in order to be be psychologically healthy.

Men especially need social validation from the women in their community or environment to be at their best. Which is why we have female cheerleaders on many sports teams.
Infact, I said in another thread recently that I wished more women would post on this site.

Many women are happy as hell to spend long periods of time around just other women, but most men aren't like that.

But human beings really need REAL LIFE interaction with eacother in order to be healthy.

Some have a greater need than others, but all have that need and I believe all of this "online" activity is interfering with the natural process of socialization.

I'm seeing a lot of grown men who have the type of social anxiety that you used to only see among early teenagers.
Because everyone they meet and interact with is "online" they never learned to conquer their fear of actually stepping to girls and meeting new people.

It's producing a society where so many people are stuck in their own little bubbles.

Men and women in their 20s and 20s who can't tolerate any type of rejection and any type of confrontation makes them feel "bullied"

Human beings need a measure of social validation in order to be psychologically healthy.  

B.S., NO THEY DON'T, people NEED to be left alone to pursue their own version of life, liberty, and happiness. In-order to maintain their sanity; that needs no validation, at all, people can never avoid interaction with others. The internet doesn’t make people stupid, stupid people made the internet. 

Men especially need social validation from the women in their community or environment to be at their best. Which is why we have female cheerleaders on many sports teams. Infact, I said in another thread recently that I wished more women would post on this site.

Again, B.S., speaking for myself, I need no-one to validate me, not even my wonderful wife. Half dressed women at sporting events are not meant to validate males, they are there to excite, provoke, and lure males to the box-office and refreshment stands. But don't worry if you need validation from a woman, it's no big deal, really; just remember, you are still you. Would you validate you? 

Many women are happy as hell to spend long periods of time around just other women, but most men aren't like that. 

But human beings really need REAL LIFE interaction with each other in-order to be healthy.

NO, NO, NO, most men are happy spending long periods of time with women because they want just one, to sleep with. Any one will do. And if that produces no satisfaction, he'll go down the hall where the males are; and if that fails he'll go over to the barn. It's what people do. You cannot avoid social interaction no matter how hard you try! Ever hear of the 'pet rock' companion?

Please, Pioneer1, define the 'natural process of socialization, if you will. 

Men and women in their 20s and 20s who can't tolerate any type of rejection and any type of confrontation makes them feel "bullied"

Inscecurity and fear causes intolerance and confrontation. I asked you once before, where do you get this stuff?

K2

B.S., NO THEY DON'T, people NEED to be left alone to pursue their own version of life, liberty, and happiness. In-order to maintain their sanity; that needs no validation, at all

Now just look at this logically.......

If people were "left alone" as you say....how would they receive serious medical care and like surgeries that most have no knowledge of how to perform?

If people were "left alone" as you say....who would protect these individuals from groups of vandals and mobs who would surely attempt to prey on them?

Human beings need eachother.....some more than others...but all do to a certain degree.

people can never avoid interaction with others.

If people can NEVER avoid interaction with eachother....then how did you come to the conclusion that they DIDN'T need validation from eachother?

Again, B.S., speaking for myself, I need no-one to validate me, not even my wonderful wife.

If your wife didn't validate your worth....YOU WOULDN'T BE MARRIED.

You obviously needed her validation and attraction to you in order for her to marry you, unless it was an arranged marriage.

Half dressed women at sporting events are not meant to validate males, they are there to excite, provoke, and lure males to the box-office and refreshment stands.

What about the cheerleaders of MIDDLE SCHOOL and HIGH SCHOOL games where there usually are no tickets or refreshments to be sold?

And why not male cheerleaders who would just as easily excite the female spectators?

Once again, you only got it HALF right.

NO, NO, NO, most men are happy spending long periods of time with women because they want just one, to sleep with.

No no no...to WHAT?

What exactly did I say that you disagree with?
Or are you just disagreeing to be disagreeable?

Any one will do. And if that produces no satisfaction, he'll go down the hall where the males are;

Oh, so it is your belief that people can TURN homosexual at will or based on conditions.

How enlightened....lol.

and if that fails he'll go over to the barn. It's what people do

Assuming that YOU'RE a person.....is that what YOU have done?

When there were no women around for you did YOU turn to men or to animals or even the sticks and stones to have sex with?