Tactical and strategic dimensions of Trump's Iran decision is playing out here in the middle east.

The Israeli military said 20 rockets were fired at its positions in the occupied Golan Heights overnight. 

It responded by launching what a spokesman called "one of the broadest aerial operations in recent years". 

There was no immediate comment from Iran, whose deployment of troops to Syria to back the government in the country's civil war has alarmed Israel. 

Iran has repeatedly called for an end to the existence of the Jewish state. 

Israel's military had been anticipating an attack by Iranian forces after reportedly carrying out a number of strikes on their facilities in Syria in recent months. They included one on an airbase in April that killed seven Iranian troops. 

@Troy: Yes, and all three of the (original) big books says exactly that. Although for different reasons, I welcome the inevitable also, "you can't bake a cake without breaking some eggs; the darkest part of night is just before day-break; blah, blah, blah!

Our people, Black folk must face the worse before we realize what's best for us. What better place to start than where it all began, the 'cradle of civilization' hold many answers to questions of why the entire world have sought to marginalize African peoples; despite Israel's false claim(s) of global targeting of Jews.

Just look at scenarios playing out between the greatest power on earth and the place where humanity started; notwithstanding every other country's attempts to control the near east but failed.  I've always believed the Middle East is the 'capital of planet earth,' metropolis of the world; surprisingly no-one else except Jews have ever argued with that idea. I'm usually bombarded with questions from other Middle Easterners as to why I think that.

Like I said, these are interesting, but scary times to be alive.