Here’s what you should know to avoid or escape police misconduct

Guest Jason

Guest Jason

Hundreds of US citizens die every year at the hands of law enforcement officers. Unarmed people being shot, beaten and even suffocated to death by officers, continue to make headlines, despite an almost continuous outcry. The average US citizen is over 10 times more likely be killed by police officer than by terrorists.

According to the official sources, the police kill 2 people every day, according to unofficial sources, the police kill 4 people every day. It’s seems that killing people in our country has become the routine, has become something normal. Every video of police shooting of unarmed person is much more terrifying than any horror movie. Is it possible that the American dream is fading away and turning into a nightmare not only for middle class, but also for a whole population? The answer is “Yes.”

The main thing is most of the people don’t even know their rights. This, in turn, allows policemen do what they want, even if they deviate from what is permitted. So make sure you know the main rules to stop police misconduct at your place:

First of all, if you are pulled over by the police then refuse a search of your vehicle.
When a police officer pulls you over, they might ask to search your vehicle. As soon as you consent to a search, you’re waving Fourth Amendment rights, which protect you against unreasonable searches seizures.

Don’t physically resist or verbally argue with police officer.
If police tell you to get out of your car, for instance, and you refuse to get up, that’s resisting an officer. In this case the law will be on officer’s side. Do what he says, and follow his instruction. Don’t lie to a policeman, for it is a crime.

Try to remain silent, and if the officer keeps on asking questions try to answer his question with a question.
Example:
Officer: What brings you to this area?
You: Is there a problem? / Did I do something wrong?
If the officer says you are free to go you should do it calmly and quietly. But if you can’t go, then tell the officer “I don’t want to talk to you without an attorney present.” Generally, the police officer will not spend his time on you and prefer to search another victim.

If the situation is escalating, here’s what you can do:
Record the interaction. Make sure your recording isn’t physically interfering with what the policeman is doing.
Comply with the officer, but report the incident once it’s over. Ask and remember officer’s name and write them down as soon as you can.
If you’re scared, call 911. Make sure your phone is visible for the policeman. If you reach for it without warning officer first, he may legally pull his gun out and shoot you.

These are simple rules which may save your life or help you avoid the already tensed situation.
Also, it is important to keep in mind that a police officer is not very smart. The average score for the police officer has an IQ of 104 which is far from genius or a smart person. And, as you can understand, difficult and provocative questions may irritate or even offend them, so be careful asking open-ended questions.

The advice you give is sound and good to teach our youth; but it also sounds like you're trying to teach us how to live in a police state.

Racism is a huge problem.....

But I believe one of the major reasons there are so many police shootings today of all races is the sheer number of people with serious mental illnesses who are walking the streets today.

In the past when a person was violent, hallucinating, or suicidal....they would institutionalize them. Now they give them a bottle of pills and let them roam the streets refusing to provide any meaningful support.....even if they're homeless.
So when the police run into people who are violent, insane, or suicidal and LOOK to die anyway.....they don't have time to give them a psychological assessment.
They just start using physical and often deadly force to get them under control.

Another problem is the SYSTEM itself.

1. There are too many laws and rules for any one person to acknowledge and obey....which often gets people in the type of trouble that only an experienced team of LAWYERS who know the law can get them out of.
Meeks Mills gave credit to the fact that he was able to get out of jail because he could afford good lawyers.

2. For poor people of average or below average intelligence, this society is increasingly being seen as too complicated to make a good living and live a comfortable life in doing the "right thing"......so many have elected to do illegal things to survive and THIS also puts them on the wrong side of the law.

One solution is to have far less laws for police officers to have a need to enforce and make making a living in this society much easier for the person of average or slightly below average intelligence.

Yeah, sometimes people simply have an agenda and are not interested in the debate.  Sometime I delete guest posts when this is obviously the intention and there is a link to some website and they appear to just be trying to build back links.  I don't mind people posting link -- indeed I encourage it, but at least create an account.

My question is why do people read posts and create accounts but never post.

I used to think people were concerned about privacy, but most people don;t seemed to be really concerned about this given the numbers of people on social media...

Below is a graph of newly created accounts that were never used.  This does not include the accounts I rejected for any number of reasons.  The other thing is that new account creation is way down too.

I dunno maybe participating on indie forums is going the way of reading books.. (don't shoot that was a joke)

new_account.png

My question is why do people read posts and create accounts but never post.

Pesonally, it's hard for me to be a "lurker" who just reads and keeps up with everyone else's opinion without jumping in and offering my own.

But as for those who actually go as far as creating accounts and never posting........

I believe that most Black sites are being monitored.

Monitored by who?

Monitored by the "usual suspects".

And creating an account just allows them more access to personal information about the members.

Which is yet another reason I don't post my picture.....lol.