Black Football Players,Kneeling. Down.

Pro. Football. Wants. The players. To. Stop. Kneeling. Down,Stand. For. The. Anthem. Or.  Stay. In  Locker. Room,When. National. Anthem. Is. Played.  Want. To. See,If. The. Black. Philadelphia. Eagles. Football, Players. Will. Go. To. The. White. House. To. See. The. Lunatic. President.  If. They,Do. ,They. As. Bad. As. Kanye West. And. Ben. Carson...Players. are. Disrespecting. The. Flag. And. Military,Says. Trump..  Neo. Nazi. Walk. Around. With. Nazi-Flags,U. .  S.  Flags. In the. Streets.  Last. Month. Neo. Nazi,Celebrated. Hitler. Birthday,Walking. Around. With. Nazi ,Flags.  White. America. Condones. This......Black. Football,Players. Cannot. Kneel. Down,But. Neo. Nazi. Can,Wave. And. Carry. Nazi. Flags,U. .  S.  Flags. In. The. Streets,Of. America....

• Thanks 1

I don't think they should have been kneeling in the first place.

For what?

For one thing, KNEELING while that national anthem is being played actually shows MORE respect for it than standing.
If they wanted to make a stronger more direct statment they would have sat down or turned their backs....not kneel in reverence.

But even more importantly, these young men fail to realize how USELESS taking a knee during the anthem actually IS in the fight against racism and police brutality.
One has nothing to do with the other and kneeling will pretty much have no impact on the behavior of racist police officers.

This is one of the reasons I got so worked up over that Childish Gambino video.
It seems that too many AfroAmerican youth are confused not only over what their REAL problems are but also over how to actually solve them...and videos like that further confuses them.
They think they can sing and dance and "kneel" their way to a solution.
Others think that if they can march and block freeways and make enough noise and grab the attention of the public then THAT will solve their problems.

Wrong and wrong.

We must also understand that most of these players are playing under CONTRACTS with all types of clauses and stipulations in it that gives the owners and agents the ability to strip money from them left and right in the form of fines, penalties, law suits, ect.....

Out of a $10 million contract, after taxes and fines and paying off agents and lawyers they may only see about $2 million of it.

Colin wouldn't be unemployed right now IF AfroAmerican men had been intelligent enough to have seen this coming and started THEIR OWN major football league 30 or 40 years ago atleast as an option not ot be beholden to the wealthy White conservatives who own the NFL

I think Ice Cube was trying to start some sort of basketball league of his own.
Atleast that's a start.

In addition to starting our own leagues. We could have simply boycotted the NFL. But obviously we don't care enough about what Colin was protesting. 

Kind of reminds me of my survey exploring the idea of boycotting Amazon's bookstore -- not the whole site just the bookstore--in an effort to prevent them from dominating the sale of black books. The strongest push back was from authors themselves -- the ones who actually are being hurt the most.

People are not prepared to do the work, make the sacrifices, spend the money to start their own League any more than they would engage in the much easier activity of boycotting the NFL.  As a result we just get used and abused.

Collins looking for a job and nothing changes.

• Like 1

Hi, I sure do hope Colins can play football professionally again, especially because I heard he was very talented. Also, I just recently looked back at some links about some of the cases such as Trayvon Martin and Castile, and I coulda kicked myself... I became drawn into it and couldn't pull myself away for some time, and it was so emotionally draining and depressing. I had planned to look back over this kind of news by setting aside time, but I kept putting it off, until, I heard about the recent news of M. Zimmermann being sommoned for stalking. I've learned so much that I had not known and, as sad as it may be about Colin's career, I gotta tell ya, I understand why he did it; took a knee. What is going on in the world today, especially America, is surreal.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Troy

I personally am not much of a football fan so I have no problem boycotting the NFL or their sponsors, but most of the AfroAmerican men I know ARE and this would be asking too much of a sacrifice from them....given their current collective state of maturity.

I understand why AfroAmerican authors would resist boycotting Amazon even if it's in their long term best interests; for the same reasons many if not most workers tend to initially resist the push for unionization.......they don't want to jeopardize their livelihood.

Like you said, most of our people are not yet willing to make the sacrifices or delay their gratifications for a larger goal.

Another factor is IRRESPONSIBILITY.......

See, if you boycott NFL or Amazon you either have to DO WITHOUT or BUILD YOUR OWN institutions to take their place.

It's relatively easy to promote one's books on Amazon, like it's relatively easy to show up to NFL camps...practice....perform....and get that check.

The mentality of too many of our people is:
"Let White men in suits and ties take care of all the formalities, organizing, promoting, and paper work.....while I put in a few hours of work, collect that check, and spend the rest of my time SPENDING it and having fun! "

6 hours ago, Troy said:

@Pioneer1, I agree 100% (could it be the hypnotic new avatar 😉)  Is that your quote? Lets not forget who reaps the greatest financial rewards for bth taking care of the formalities and typically owning the venues where we have fun.

Lol......
It's meant to be a spiral or symbol of nature.

I'm not sure which quote you're talking about....

My signature?
Or the italicized quote in my post?

On 5/27/2018 at 7:44 PM, Pioneer1 said:

"Let White men in suits and ties take care of all the formalities, organizing, promoting, and paper work.....while I put in a few hours of work, collect that check, and spend the rest of my time SPENDING it and having fun! "

The above is the quote I was talking about.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:55 AM, Troy said:

The above is the quote I was talking about.

It was a made up quote mocking the type of thinking too many of our people engage in.

They just want the money and the fun, but not the responsibility that generates it.

On May 26, 2018 at 9:40 PM, Troy said:

People are not prepared to do the work, make the sacrifices, spend the money to start their own League any more than they would engage in the much easier activity of boycotting the NFL.  As a result we just get used and abused.

Now that's the truth of it all. Though the only sport I play is tennis because it's a fast game of exercise, I must agree that having our own Black professional sport organizations to past-time is the best way to go, for athletes unwilling to give up sports. Or, just boycott the entire industry; this can work by Black fans only. 

I say again, the same thing I said with the Starbucks fiasco.......

If we don't like the way we're being treated in a particular institution then those of us with the money and influence should START OUR OWN institution where we can cater to ourselves instead of begging White folks to "be nice" to us.

Some of these negroes (there's your favorite word again K2)  sound like abused wives or girlfriends.

Just so INLOVE with their boyfriend or husband.......
No matter how much he beats her and smacks her around and tells her to go and get away, she just hangs around taking abuse and begging for him to "love her" back.

Hell no, get away from that abusive relationship and either find somebody else or be content with yourself.

If we don't like the way the NFL is doing business (and I don't).....then STOP being lazy and irresponsible letting "White daddy" to take care of all the big business and pay the bills while we just run around with a football tucked under our arms playing games.

Rich AfroAmericans should pool their money together and start OUR OWN league!

11 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

If we don't like the way we're being treated in a particular institution then those of us with the money and influence should START OUR OWN institution where we can cater to ourselves instead of begging White folks to "be nice" to us.

This is true on all accounts. The great American past-times, to me, are a great waste of time, and money. Investment in the Children is the ultimate investment for any marginalized group.