Kimberla Lawson Roby Ends Her 15 book Reverend Curtis Black Series after 18 Years

Kimberla back in 1999Kimberla was one of the first authors I photographed back in 1999 at the African American Cultural Expo, which used to be held in Philadelphia.

Here she is holding a copy of her first novel Here and Now, which was published just a few months earlier, in 1998, by Kensington Publishing

I've watched Kimberla "blow up" into one of America's most popular authors. She is the #6 all-time bestselling author on AALBC.com. She also made that other bestsellers list, the New York Times -- I don't even know how many times. 

Her Reverend Curtis Black series, which started in 2000, will come to and end this summer.  The series included 15 novels -- almost half of the 27 novel novels she was published in the past 20 years.  Kimberla's publishing career started the same year AALBC's.  KImberla has always patronized AALBC during this time. She runs ads for all the books she publishes. In a way, I consider her success my success 🙂

I'm also selling Better Late Than Never (the last book in the series) directly.  I'm also working on selling all 15 books in the series, but there is one title, that I can find in distribution (The Best Kept Secret).  Maybe having Kimberla sign them all for as a collectors item would be a good idea (what do y'all think of that idea?

Here KImberla shares her thoughts on ending her series, exclusively with AALBC.

Kimberla Lawson Roby’s Thoughts on Concluding Her Reverend Curtis Black Series

As expected Amazon matched my 20% discount.  I just bumped the discount to 25% lets see how long it take for Amazon to match or suprise this price.