Every Day. Racism

Starbucks. Is. Closing. Their. Stores. Today,For. Racist. ,Bias,Training..Whatever.  Trump. Elected. Has. Brought. Out,Racist. People. From. The. Shadows. Into. The. Sunshine..The. President. Of. This. Country. Supports. Neo,Nazi. .  News. Talks. About. Black. Men. Arrested. At,Starbucks, Football. Players. Kneeling. Down. ,They. Will,Not. Talk. About. White. Police. Fired. For. Being. Klan ,Members. Past. 7_ Years. Neo. Nazi. In. The. Military ,Racist,Politicians ,Besides. Trump..Racism. Reason. There,Are,Poor. Inner. City. Black. Schools. And. Rich. White,Schools.....Last. Month. Neo. Nazi. Waving. Nazi,Flags,Celebrating. Adolf. Hitler Birthday ..

• Thanks 1

Honestly I think this is political correctness run amok.  A comedian makes stupid statement and all hell breaks loose. People need to really get off Twitter if their tender sensibilities care stand it.  

The idea that journalist are being paid to cover the rambling of this particular racist is astonishing.  Without exaggeration I've called FAR worse on my own website. There are more racists statements made on Twitter on a daily basis than anyone can count.  Does it really matter that Roseanne made the statement?  If so why?  If the media didn't cover the tweet would anyone out side of the twittersphere have known?

And if Starbuck don't want people coming into their store, making themselves comfortable without buying anything why can't they throw the moochers out?  If I was asked to leave I would have brought something or left.

There things that racists are doing that have a far more profound effects that go completely ignored or unaddressed.  

You don't like Roseanne or Starbucks boycott them.

Maybe she is not a racist...

Troy

I think she's a racist, but probably not a vicious one.

She reminds me of the Paula Deen type of racist who TRIES to be nice for the most part but sometimes when her guard is down and she's a little relaxed the racism will just oozes out....lol.

To be honest, I don't think the show should have been cancelled.

For one thing, I actually LIKED it.....lol..

I didn't watch Roseanne back in the 90s, but compared to a lot of the bullshit that comes on television TODAY that I refuse to watch.....I've found the new Roseanne rather refreshing in a nostalgic way.

I actually wanted to see more of her Black daughter-n-law...lol.

Second.......
Her tweet wasn't actually racist but had RACIST UNDERTONES.....which is more indirect.

It was in poor taste, but it wasn't the worse thing in the world and like you said there are FAR WORSE examples of racism going on in the world.

I see the cancellation of the show as an over reaction and the punishment is much harsher than the crime.

It's the same with the Startbucks incident and how they're shutting down Starbucks all over the nation for a relatively minor incident that may have had racial undertones.

Now if I as an AfroAmerican sees this as an "over reaction" on ABC's part just what do you think MOST White people are thinking?

Your and my reaction to the show's cancellation is just the tip of the iceberg of what the rest of America is probably thinking and how they may be starting to HATE political correctness.

Kind of like crying wolf......
If there are too many over reactions and excessive outrageous punishments for the most minor or racist incidents......a backlash could occur in which NO CLAIMS of racism are respected.

Now BACK to that sexy ass Valerie Jarret......lol.

Yeah, she is probably racist but I give comedennians a lot more leeway in what they say. Their profession is based upon saying crazy shit.  Now what she actually does is another story.  Now she touts she as one who has been fighting for civil rights her entire lifetime.  This seems hyperbolic, can't I have no clue what she has been doing.

The interesting thing is that Roseanne actually favors Valerie.  

images.jpg

Neither one would qualify as "fine" in my book.  But now that I see what Valerie looks like.  I see now the statement was clearly racially motivated, cause Valerie looks like a white woman to me....

What starbucks needed to do was can that manager, pay off the dudes who they called the police on (which they did).  The company wide training was merely a publicity stunt, to stop people from going to their competitors which they are already doing. They hired Common.  I guess since he was in the movie Selma he is best suited to train employees not sic the po-po on loitering negroes.

• Thanks 1

The radical combination of classically opposed left-wing and right-wing (neo-populists) attitudes using electronic media as a means of dissemination is the new animation of racism todayRoseanne Barr and White celebrities like her has gotten away with racism since radio was invented. 

Old extreme White supremacy have always been authoritarian and exalted the state. Neo-populists, including many Blacks, accept the existing democratic order; hostility toward government, rather than its exaltation, is their hallmark. A hostility shared by Blacks. 

Charismatic leadership like Donald Trump distinguishes neo-populism as a unique type I believe also accounts for their success and appeal.

Brother Troy is right. The political stunts of Starbucks, IHOP, etc. Play a vital role in neo-populism which even Barr is part of, though I also believe she is less racist than Trump. 

I'll cut comedians some slack if they're funny enough.

Andrew Dice Clay used to say racist shit but I still thought he was funny.

But there are some people who use art to HIDE their racism and racist intentions and if you're perceptive enough you can see through it.

Carlos Mencia is one of them.......
If you ever check out his comedy routines, he likes to use the fact that he's Latino as an excuse for his being able to use the word "nigger" and use other racist material in his shows.

As far as the Starbucks thing goes......
Some people believe that the entire situation was STAGED.

8 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

I'll cut comedians some slack if they're funny enough.

Andrew Dice Clay used to say racist shit but I still thought he was funny.

But there are some people who use art to HIDE their racism and racist intentions and if you're perceptive enough you can see through it.

Roseanne Tried to Use ‘Roseanne’ (the TV show) to Prove that Trump Voters Aren’t Racist. There Was Just One Problem.

The media wants to depict Trump supporters sympathetically, but the actual beliefs of many of them make that impossible.

• Thanks 1