Baltimore. Police. Guilty,Robbing. Citizens.

News. Says. Several. Baltimore. Police. Found. Guilty. Of. Stealing. In. Baltimore..They. Used. Fake. Search. Warrants. To,Go. In. People. Homes.  They. Stole.  Thousands. Of. Dollars..Black. And. White. Police. Stealing. During. The ,Protest. ,Riot.  Of. Police. Killing. Freddie. Gray..They. Had,A. Racketeering. Scheme,Dealing. Heroin..Harassing People. Who,Were. Innocent..Lunatic. Trump. Does. Not. Want. The,NBA. Champions. At. The. Whitehouse. LeBron. Said,Neither. Golden. State. Or. Cleveland. Would. Go. To,The,Whitehouse..Trump. Wants. The. White. Hockey ,Team,At. The. Whitehouse. .Glad  The. Super. Bowl,Winning,Eagles,Did. Not. Go. To.  Whitehouse...Alabama,College. Football. Champions. At. The,Whitehouse.  Black. Football. Players. Proud. To. Meet,Trump. They. Could. Have. Told. Their. Coach. We. Do. Not,Want. To. Go........

• Thanks 1

Of course, they're openly robbing and pilfering from innocents.  Under the color of law, police not only serve and protect citizens, they choose which citizens to serve and protect and which to target for personal gain.  Unholy alliances and murder was just an encore, a testing ground to see how far they can go.  The worse that can happen now is limited only by one's imagination; with the likes of Donald Trump to set the example matters will get much worse (especially for Black folk) before they let up. 

But Black folk will prevail, we always have, for better or worse; however, is a matter of what we've learned from White rulers.  Black law enforcement officials joining in crimes with their White counterparts speak to the future for Blacks in general

Guest QueenX

Was born and reared in  Baltimore city and I can truly say that the Baltimore police have done a good job over the years of becoming from OK to Bad to Worse.I see them playing games with real criminals and harming innocent people like Freddie Gray.And by the way, where did the Fraternal Order of Police come from?

@QueenXTo Understand "where the Fraternal Order of Police c[a]me fromyou've got to have some historical background of "Critical Issues in Policing" most people simple don't understand.  

The development of the American Police, from the colonial period to the present have undergone various 'reform' movements that's molded and changed agency functions into the Police department we see today. What we now call "community-oriented policing" (COP) formed by a White colonialist named 'Sir Robert Peele is responsible for many aspects of modern law enforcement. Before 2015 more Blacks than Whites, who reported crime, felt police were helpful; 85-83% respectively. The Fraternal Order of Police (FOP), I surmise, was the failed attempt towards a reform that would have had devastating effects on civilian communities had it ended as a reform rather than a simple powerless member of sworn police officers.  

In 1984 Carl Klockars described police control as having four major elements: Authority, Power, Persuasion, and Force. NOW, for the sake of this discussion, pay attention, look-up, and never forget that word "AUTHROITY" because that is the word that make police legitimate, especially in our communities.  Power, persuasion, and force mean nothing if people don't recognize police authority. 

Hence, the FOP is the illegal attempt to legitimatize itself whenever the community no-longer does.  Unprovoked killing of Black children, arrests, fines, and unlawful ticketing aimed to finance police department's and enrich local government without legislative policies to authorize such actions take away from police authority in eyes of the civilian community. They cannot have a society where the people no-longer recognize the police as legitimate enforcers of laws that discriminate, alienate, marginalize, and legalize murder.

@Queen X speaking of poverty, @Kalexander2 raised an interesting point that is rarely discussed: fines.  I've lived in the' hood for most of my life and fines are crippling our communities.  Over policing and onerous fines leveled against poor people is devastating to many.  I could go on all day about parking traffics, traffic violation, littering tickets.  White people walk around greenwich village smoking pot in the open, negros in Harlem get run through the system -- don't let it be the weekend you might spend a night in jail.

• Thanks 1

@Troy: Right again! When people feel the pinch of poverty the only authority they recognize is others like them; which is probably another reason we have Black republicans.  But for most Black folk it is different. In addition, everyday expenses to provide basic needs, coupled with illegal, compound interest in fines, fee's, and other obligations not only cripple the Black community, but also make regrouping near impossible. 

All designed to life harder for the Black community, blessed and sanctioned by Federal and local government leave room for hope such tactics will end anytime soon. 

Now, with added expenses for K-12 education expenses, menial employment opportunities (regardless of employment data) the Black community alone appear to be headed for a separate economic collapse within a flourishing American economy where only White folk enjoy healthy, threat free existence. 

The "employment" data is a joke.

And yes those fees accrue interest and penalties if not paid in a timely fashion -- making a bad problem worse even insurmountable.  I predict crime will start to increase in places like NYC as a result.

I could see Black people becoming republican because they are fiscally or socially conservative, but today it is the party of 45...

• Thanks 1

@Troy: True, Blacks who understand fiscal policy and responsibility aim higher than the many who do not, and most do not; all they understand, care about is the need for continued existence under conditions their used to living. Whatever those conditions may beTheir hope is confined to divine miracles, winning the lottery, and sheer luck. 

Sound advice from ethical leaders/advisors and other experts is replaced by clever preachers, seer's, and astrological predictions. Most Blacks could care less about size of government or taxes; trees in the forest is just another matter of desire. 

That ignorance coupled with increased poverty is what will lead to greater desperation.  Increase in crime and antisocial behavior is inevitable; triggering policies and deterrent measures already in-place, aimed to cement, legalize oppression of Black folk in America; and (scarily) re-introduction to involuntary servitude, an extreme possibility even I reject. 

It's not just Baltimore, but so-called "corrupt" cops are being busted all over the nation.
Many are being entrapped and busted on TRUMPED UP charges.
.....and many of them are AFROAMERICAN police officers.

Which leads me to believe that in many major cities a PURGE is being attempted to rid the police departments of it's AfroAmerican officers.

Troy

White people walk around greenwich village smoking pot in the open, negros in Harlem get run through the system -- don't let it be the weekend you might spend a night in jail.

There are THOUSANDS of AfroAmerican police officers on the NYPD.....

If there are racial disparities between those commiting crimes and those actually being arrested for them, what are the BLACK police officers doing about it?

I've mentioned this before but as much as our people complain about being mistreated and discriminated against, when they get into positions of power and authority to actually DO something about it...how many actually do?

Speaking of fines,I remember the house I was living in,I had to move my car from one side of the street to the other every 12 hours.This was not only inconvenient in a residential neighborhood,but I think that the fines were ridiculous too.And I also noticed Black policemen being treated differently than whites They were almost treated as unfairly as the black citizens.

• Thanks 1

Oh don't get me started on street parking @QueenX  Poor people, who don't have the benefit or even availability of parking garages, park on the street. Have two outstanding tickets and your car will be booted and towed away -- incurring tow charges, storage fees and more fines!  It is really criminal what they do to poor people -- again as you said in residential neighborhoods.  Chicago people are going bankrupt, San Francisco, the city famous for people renting driveways so they can sleep in their cars, sells the cars of 4,000 people a year who can't pay tickets.  Then of course there are the bogus tickets that are given out -- especially in poorer neighborhoods.

Now, in NY City they are putting bike lanes everywhere -- making parking even more difficult.  I guess they don't want poor or lower income people to own cars and have some semblance of a happy life - they rather just sell us cigarettes and liquor, and placate us with social media.

The 2 traffic changes I see going on the most in my community are:

1. Bike lanes being installed
2. Round-a-bouts being installed to take the place of traffic lights at intersections

I say the people get the government they deserve.

AfroAmericans and poor and working class people in general have the right and in most cases the ability and opportunity to go to city hall and pitch a bitch about the changes that are occuring in their community but most of them refuse to do so and many end up suffering as a consequence.

On multiple occasions I've gotten things done and changed on a local level simply by complaining and encouraging others who've noticed similar problems to complain also.

Detroit is getting HAMMERED right now with all types of taxes and fees that they're levying on the citizens from "water drainage" fees (gutter taxes) to extremely high car insurance rates that run into the HUNDREDS of dollars a month...and only a fraction of the people are actually mad enough to write letters or go to Lansing or Downtown to do anything about it.
The majority just suck it up and complain under their breath or refuse to pay and end up getting their cars or homes confiscated...which was probably the plan all along.

We're not totally helpless; but AfroAmericans need to do like Puff Daddy said and "get their mind right"....or else they'll continue to be victims of circumstances.

9 hours ago, Troy said:

Yeah political activism of this type is not practised by most of us... shoot it is hard enough just to get us to vote during the midterms.

People need to know and understand how a particular issue will benefit or harm them PERSONALLY.
Once this is properly explained to them, it will more often than not motivate them to get off the couch.

The problem I see is the Democrat Party USED TO be the party of the people and the issues they promoted were simple and straight forward and easy for the public to understand.

We're for Civil Rights, Women's Rights, and Worker's Rights....vote for us!

And Troy if you rememer the 70s and early 80s most of the public was Democrat!

It was almst taboo in many circles among common people to claim to be a Republican or even vote Republican!

But sometime during the late 80s or 90s the Democrat Party got sabatoged with "environmental" issues "LGBT" moral issue and "legalizing weed" issues that confused a lot of voters and turned many others off.
So now over half of those who used to be Democrat now either turned Republican or just stay home and refuse to get involved because they don't see anyone fighting for them or pushing issues that interest them.

I worked for defense contractors for most of the 1980's, many of the people I worked with voted republican (I voted republican once). simply because people wanted to ensure the contracts kept rolling in.

But I do believe that many people, most probably, have understandability lost faith in the political process.

Much of the reason for this has to do with how we get information.  The news (journalism) has been perverted.  I can listen to two different radion station and get a completely different understanding of the different issues -- it is hard to know what is true...

I like the pro-business aspect of the Repubican Party.
I also support less "government restriction" and less regulation that they claim to promote.

The problem is despite what the common Republican citizen who vote for them may believe, it's obvious that the rank and file Republican LEADERSHIP have a much different agenda than what they claim.
As soon as they get in positions of power they start passing laws and enacting executive orders that benefit the rich and stripping the poor of their rights and social services.

Many immigrants of color who come from more socially conservitive societies in Africa and Asia are attracted to the "morals" and "family values" rhetoric of the Republican party and are tricked into voting for them because of this rhetoric.

Republicans are clearly the party of the wealthy White male, but they GET in power by tricking other demographics like conservative AfroAmericans, religious women, and wealthy Jews and Muslims into voting for them based on their rhetoric.

44 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Republicans are clearly the party of the wealthy White male, but they GET in power by tricking other demographics like conservative AfroAmericans, religious women, and wealthy Jews and Muslims into voting for them based on their rhetoric.

That’s only marginally true, and not for the reasons you say.  Republicans give everybody what they want, not all they want just some.  The real problem is getting more than they bargained for.  Corporations, Blacks, Jews and Muslims get what they want, less government intervention in owing allegiance to a state in which sovereign power is kept by the people and sharing in the political rights of those people. free market, abortion laws, LGBTQ rights, and immigration control. 

They also get a sovereign form of a government intent on making the citizens subjects’ of government owing allegiance to and entitled to the protection of a sovereign state. Citizenship, on the other hand, is owing allegiance to a state in which sovereign power is kept by the people and sharing in the political rights of those people.

However, its clearly a problem for people with more liberal views of democracy, also a non-workable solution to problems of the State.  Fickled aspirations of virtue in the face of a brief dance with the devil.  'Fickleness' will bear witness against them, is what they'll pay for in the end.