Is. America. The. Beast,Revelations-13

4 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@Chevdove.

I read this earlier and had an epiphany, a coming to jesus meeting and experienced nirvana  - all in that order.   Thank you.   

Please keep in mind, I'm not saying your feelings and experience aren't valid, but what I'm about to write is based on my journey. And because of  what you expressed, I can see now  what I missed.   

From my perspective, the only difference I see between men and women are their goals.   

Successful opposite sex relationships arise from the two being goal mates.  For example, If the mates' goal is to ensure the success of their offspring, then they will do everything together that is necessary to make that happen.   

You've written that black women were your oppressor but could they have also been your savior? What were  their goals for you?  You mentioned in a follow up "

Did they hope that you would do more than be a mother and caregiver for the next generation?  Did you go through your academic and professional experiences with the goal to be a mother and caregiver?   (Hypothetical question, because although I have a fabulous professional life  but I went through hell and high-water to raise my girls. They came first  because raising powerful women was my goal.   My ex-husband had the same goal - we just had different goals for marriage  .   

(20-20 hindsight speaking, here).  

My ex-husband is german-french ancestry because right up until I met him; men of african ancestry had been "my oppressor." - I realized from reading your response - that was a lie I told myself.   They weren't my oppressor -they just weren't my savior.  If we're looking for a savior - chances are we're going to find a lot more folks looking to be saved.  And they will most likely break our hearts.  But I digress.   

I was heart "broken" by the time I met my first love, a black man.  Up until him; I was a "player" in a game that was set up against women - but I didn't care because my heart wasn't in it. It wasn't my goal to be someone's property.  It was my goal to... I actually had no goals.  

Coming to someone broken is a heavy load for the other to carry - especially when they may be broken too.  We are so much like sheep - we hide our wounds in an effort to not be vulnerable - but we expect someone to care for our wounds that they can't see.   I remained "broken" but expert at hiding my wounds. So anyone that wasn't like the one who didn't "save" me - was the hero.  

All this to say, we are all broken... no one is an oppressor ... We're just a bunch of broken vigilantes instigating and carrying out a bunch of  mini-battles since the dawn of time- we are the anti-christ, the beast.  

This, I believe, is why the idea of a supernatural savior and the idea of a supernatural energy called LOVE is so appealing.   We can access it but first we have to stop lying to ourselves about who the real enemy is.   

$0.02

Greetings! You have a lot of insight! I love what you wrote. And I appreciate so much, your input!

You know, I am still deeply hurt what has happened to me but, because of the positive experience I have had from so many other women during that particular saga in my early marriage, I still do view my victory based upon the other Black women that came forward on my behalf. I did write that but I think, it was missed. I was too beaten down and trained and conditioned to not defend myself against my mother, and today, I still believe in that. Deep inside, I believe that it is dangerous to confront your elders in a outright hostile manner, so therefore, when I gave up, it seemed out of no where, I got calls from the Church mother, and long story short... I was told that a coalition of church mothers had gotten together, and called the Judges mother! LOL. One of the Church mothers actually knew the judge's mother and was named after her. And they told her my story. 

... So, the judges mother called her son and told her to "give that woman her sons back"! They told me to hold on, don't give up, you are going to get your kids back... and I did. I couldn't believe it! I resigned earlier. I quit my career job, because I had a nervous breakdown. My kids meant everything to me. My father told me that my mother was mentally off and angry because she didn't give birth to a son. 

My mother was a social worker and she made friends with the judge, a Black woman, and my kids were seized, with no warning, no trial... 3 years later, I got media attention from WB22, a news station owned by Jews, and they did aggressive media and uncovered the conspiracy... Even though my mother had no contact with me, my husband, or my kids for over a year, she alledged that my husband, sexually abused his sons, my own sons... they were five and seven when they were seized, so they very upset, years later when they heard the details...

• Like 1

@Mel Hopkins

I forgot to address you question about career. I did not go after my career with the mindset that I would be a homemaker and that is the most shocking part of it all! I never even considered that would even be an issue until I was faced with the issue of trying to find a good babysitter. I didn't want my kids to suffer like some of the stories I have heard and what I went through. Both of my sisters were sexually abused and I've heard so many terrible stories like this, and I suffered as 'a latch key kid'. I never saw my mother as she was a career woman and yes, the women in my family demanded that I do the same. But I came to a point where I refused. But when it comes to BLACK WOMEN, I believe it is a terrible saga due to societal persecution. We are damned if we leave are kids and work and then, we are damned if we don't. We are viewed as selfish if we seek a career and then we are framed as lazy soap opera watching stay at home Moms if we don't, but other women don't get this treatment, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Krazy Alexander 2 uttered:

Image result for clarence williams iii tales from the hood

"I associate with white folk only when necessary and infrequent as possible in person."

Oh come on now Krazy Klarence....I mean Krazy Alexander....

Do you REALLY expect us to believe that????

How can you call your contact with Whites "infrequent" when they feed you and give you your medication several times a day?

BTW, I thought you said there was NO SUCH THING as race.....so who are these mysterious "White folk" that you speak of....lol.

Chevdove & Tsegal

It's great to know and understand scripture but I think it's dangerous for Black people to put too much faith in "end times" and the "end of the world".
...especially when we expect it to be THE answer to all of our problems.

It pacifies too many of us and prevents us from actually DOING THE WORK that need to do to make this planet a better place for ourselves.

That's one of the main problem I have with most of these organized religions an their protocols.
They keep you waiting and waiting and waiting on something OUTSIDE of yourself to change your environment.

Our people have a "laziness" problem where all they need is an excuse to sit down and DO NOTHING.
Waiting on "the lord" to take care of it all provides a convenient excuse for that.

Most of them were waiting on Jesus to come back during slavery to put an end to it but generation after generation was born, enslaved, tortured and died until a CIVIL WAR where hundreds of thousands of people were killed and maimed finally brought "official slavery" to an end.

We must always put our faith in the SUPREME BEING.
However we don't know the Plans of The SUPREME BEING, so it's often best not to guess at them and begin to roll up our sleeves and get busy doing what the Chinese, Indians, and other groups are doing which is WORKING.

China and North Korea and India ain't waiting on Jesus to come back or pointing their finger at Europe telling them that "karma" or the devil is going to pay them back for what they did.
They are building factories and sky scrapers and mapping out the future for their children and future generations so that they will no longer be in a vulnerable position to be mistreated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

How can you call your contact with Whites "infrequent" when they feed you and give you your medication several times a day?

BTW, I thought you said there was NO SUCH THING as race.....so who are these mysterious "White folk" that you speak of....lol.

Ah yes, and so our infamous IMPOSTURE still trying to distract attention from himself!!

It’s kind of hilarious watching you try to fit your entire vocabulary into a couple of sentences.

4 hours ago, Chevdove said:

My father told me that my mother was mentally off and angry because she didn't give birth to a son. 

(((HUGS))) @Chevdove  WOW, if this was a memoir it would be riveting because what you shared here rocked me!  Your mother was sad she didn't give birth to sons?

Oh snap, As you mentioned this took a terrible toll on you and your siblings.    And if I understand correctly, she had your children taken away?    See, this is what I mean about broken people. If your mom is broken - then how does a broken woman raise  children and not break them too? In ways that she may not realize?    I had to realize that about myself - there are certain behaviors that I developed in response to my upbringing.  - My parents were loving parents to me - but they were broken too  and that can't help but spill over into the home.  

But I came to a point where I refused. But when it comes to BLACK WOMEN, I believe it is a terrible saga due to societal persecution. We are damned if we leave are kids and work and then, we are damned if we don't. We are viewed as selfish if we seek a career and then we are framed as lazy soap opera watching stay at home Moms if we don't, but other women don't get this treatment, in my opinion.

I agree - if you let western society have their way, black women aren't even supposed to get pregnant ... We are made to feel ashamed for taking time to have babies in wedlock - and if we choose to be single parents -then...well that's unacceptable.  I wrote a blog post  about Bridget Jones ' Baby - because a black woman could have never starred in that movie, without all of society especially black america having the movie pulled before it aired LOL.... 

I remember when I was carrying my twins - and I had to go on bed rest; My woman Indian doctor, at the time, was reluctant to say mine disability papers lol... Even after the emergency room doctor ordered it.  I found a black woman ob-gyn with quickness  to care for me and deliver my girls.   So yes, I absolutely understand.   You have a very powerful story - I hope you've shared it already - and if you haven't I hope you find your voice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

I agree - if you let western society have their way, black women aren't even supposed to get pregnant ... We are made to feel ashamed for taking time to have babies in wedlock - and if we choose to be single parents -then...well that's unacceptable.  I wrote a blog post  about Bridget Jones ' Baby - because a black woman could have never starred in that movie, without all of society especially black america having the movie pulled before it aired LOL.... 

I remember when I was carrying my twins - and I had to go on bed rest; My woman Indian doctor, at the time, was reluctant to say mine disability papers lol... Even after the emergency room doctor ordered it.  I found a black woman ob-gyn with quickness  to care for me and deliver my girls.   So yes, I absolutely understand.   You have a very powerful story - I hope you've shared it already - and if you haven't I hope you find your voice. 

I have my own theory but why is it always the Black woman who suffers the brunt of society's BS, and remains the most well kept concealed secret?   We Black males draw more attention to Black atrocities than those Black women suffer.  Why are they made the number 1 target?

4 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

We Black males draw more attention to Black atrocities than those Black women suffer.  Why are they made the number 1 target?

Since you like to insult my mother so much who is a Black woman......maybe YOU can answer that question.

Why is a Black woman YOUR number 1 target?

24 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

my mother so much who is a Black woman.

So, you have a mother!  But is she really a Black woman?  Okay if you say so.  THERE, we just learned something else about you.  But not enough to salvage you credibility!

24 minutes ago, Pioneer1 said:

Why is a Black woman YOUR number 1 target?

Black women are not my number 1 target, not my target at all, just your mother because she's an easy target.  Gets your panties all bunched up, or hers!!!

Again............

"I associate with white folk only when necessary and infrequent as possible in person."

BTW, I thought you said there was NO SUCH THING as race.....so who are these mysterious "White folk" that you speak of ??????????

1 hour ago, Pioneer1 said:

o you REALLY expect us to believe that????

BTW, I thought you said there was NO SUCH THING as race.....so who are these mysterious "White folk" that you speak of ??????????

I don't have any, none, zero contact with White folk.  Even the long-distance operator is non-white.  That's what bothers you, your automatic defense system that keeps kicking in to distract, deflect attention from the White-wash, Whiteman bagger you are.  It's okay, you've made it clear you love White folk.  Why don't go to subscribe to a White website?  This one is for Black folk, that's why I'm here, why are you?

12 hours ago, Kalexander2 said:

the Black woman who suffers the brunt of society's BS, and remains the most well kept concealed secret? 

@Kalexander2  I blame it on black mothers - who would tell us, " Cry and I'll give you something to cry for".   I wasn't even allowed to cry at my father's funeral.  My mother said, "Don't represent your father that way"  🤣

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

Krazy Alexander 2 uttered:

Chevdove & Tsegal

It's great to know and understand scripture but I think it's dangerous for Black people to put too much faith in "end times" and the "end of the world".
...especially when we expect it to be THE answer to all of our problems.

It pacifies too many of us and prevents us from actually DOING THE WORK that need to do to make this planet a better place for ourselves.

That's one of the main problem I have with most of these organized religions an their protocols.
They keep you waiting and waiting and waiting on something OUTSIDE of yourself to change your environment.

Our people have a "laziness" problem where all they need is an excuse to sit down and DO NOTHING.
Waiting on "the lord" to take care of it all provides a convenient excuse for that.

Most of them were waiting on Jesus to come back during slavery to put an end to it but generation after generation was born, enslaved, tortured and died until a CIVIL WAR where hundreds of thousands of people were killed and maimed finally brought "official slavery" to an end.

We must always put our faith in the SUPREME BEING.
However we don't know the Plans of The SUPREME BEING, so it's often best not to guess at them and begin to roll up our sleeves and get busy doing what the Chinese, Indians, and other groups are doing which is WORKING.

China and North Korea and India ain't waiting on Jesus to come back or pointing their finger at Europe telling them that "karma" or the devil is going to pay them back for what they did.
They are building factories and sky scrapers and mapping out the future for their children and future generations so that they will no longer be in a vulnerable position to be mistreated.

Yes, I absolutely agree with what you have said. 

I say, pray without works are dead, dead, dead. 

And as far as 'end times' I have gotten out of my past mentality and the understanding and conditioning of what I once believed about it anyway.

I do hope though, while I work for a better existence from the issues going on today in this world when it comes to racism.

12 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

(((HUGS))) @Chevdove  WOW, if this was a memoir it would be riveting because what you shared here rocked me!  Your mother was sad she didn't give birth to sons?

Oh snap, As you mentioned this took a terrible toll on you and your siblings.    And if I understand correctly, she had your children taken away?    See, this is what I mean about broken people. If your mom is broken - then how does a broken woman raise  children and not break them too? In ways that she may not realize?    I had to realize that about myself - there are certain behaviors that I developed in response to my upbringing.  - My parents were loving parents to me - but they were broken too  and that can't help but spill over into the home.  

@Mel Hopkins I really need that hug! Thank you.

You know I still sometimes that I never left that conflict. And you said a lot when you speak about broken parents raising children. That is what brings me so much inner turmoil. I think about the Black women of these past generations, and I am so glad that I was not in their shoes!--But at the same time, what kind of escape do children have when they are in a situation, an environment like that? I find it fascinating though, that you had twins and furious at the conflict you faced...cause I know how that feels when a female, doctor[!] reacts negative ... to a Black mother-to-be! 

Thank you and I hope we collectively find our voice... because I don't believe this system will improve if we, as Black women don't have the proper voice.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@Kalexander2  I blame it on black mothers - who would tell us, " Cry and I'll give you something to cry for".   I wasn't even allowed to cry at my father's funeral.  My mother said, "Don't represent your father that way"  🤣

That is hard. May I ask how old were you when this happened? You are right though, I agree. At some point, there needs to be some kind of accountabilty, that was your father. No wonder many Black women don't know how to feel...about our fathers, Black men. Sometimes, adult mothers are so caught into the hardship they deal with, they lose sight of their role, still, as nurturers and they keep the cycle going. For you, you had daughters, so you were put right back in under the role. But for me, I did not have daughters, but, I always think about how to react to young girls especially the ones that my sons interact with. 

It scares me to think that I would be as cold to younger Black women or girls in general, in the way I felt my mother treated me.

@Pioneer1

@Kalexander2

Okay . LOL! Can I ask for a Time out here!!! 

I just want to make a comment to men, and since you both are commenting in this thread, it seems good to direct it to you both:

I feel that as @Mel Hopkins stated, that black mothers should take the blame for bad behavior. And, if Black men care so much about the Black woman being victimized, what about the victims striking at children--the victims? What role should Black men take in this REALITY? Shouls you just stand by and say nothing, do nothing, just feel sorry for the whole group without making any intervention?

I feel strongly about this issue here. Shouldn't Black men, fathers do something in this situation? Don't you realize that some Black women are dangerously abusive to the Black child? They strike at the child, and take out their being victimize on the Black child? I feel that Black men should do something too, help out the Black children too, when this kind of abuse is going on. This kind of abuse is incredibly prevalent, I feel, in the Black culture.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

May I ask how old were you when this happened?

@ChevdoveI was 17 years old when my father died.  I don't know what it is but black women back then modeled those in British monarchy - Those women seem to believe emotional outburst in public is unbecoming.   

Do you remember how Jacqueline  Kennedy, Coretta Scott King, and I think even Ethel Kennedy carried themselves at their husbands' funeral?  When I look back on those archives , it appears as some unwritten rule of conduct.  

I wrote about it in my debut novel "sleeping with a d-man",  I wrote it for my oldest daughter before she left for college.  In fact, my occult novel explores the role of women of African descent from times immemorial to the present.  That's why I have all that research on mtDNA.  (full disclosure - I needed to research it for my book) I wanted my daughters to understand how society relates to black women... which is counter-intuitive to our role as mother of all civilization. 

I was a "star" to my father so he balanced my mother.  When he was gone my heart broke.  He was the symbol of the "savior" I spoke about earlier in this thread. 

Black men and men in general play a huge part in parenting and cohabitation. The father supports the mother while the mother nurtures the children. The father is the physical strength in the family - and it's displayed in imagery as when you see the father help the son or daughter put a star on the christmas tree.   It is such a beautiful symbiotic relationship. 

When the father is absent (emotionally, physically, financially et al)  the mother has no emotional support. It is quite rare to see a mother display the balance necessary to raise an emotional healthy child. For example,   An imbalance of Hypermasculinity and Hyperfeminity come to mind - such as when a woman allows her children to be sexually assaulted while she pretends not to see.  

But I digress. 

I was lucky because I had a huge support system for my oldest daughter (I didn't marry her father) and I was married before the twins came along )  Still I had a huge support system with my girls.    

Today, my oldest daughter has a Juris doctorate now and she's not married.  In fact none of my girls are married . They seem to have wonderful social lives balanced with their professions. In fact, my youngest just sent me an instagram of the only female trader on the New York Stock Exchange she's a young black woman, shown here -https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/06/13/lauren-simmons-is-the-only-full-time-female-trader-at-the-nyse.html

I adore my daughters and I think they like me too (smile) They are loving and caring -  So that could be due to their upbringing. my ex- husband believes I should write a book on how I raised, in his words "Three Aces"  but the book is already written because  I knew it  would take a village to raise healthy adults; so I created one :)

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@ChevdoveI was 17 years old when my father died.  I don't know what it is but black women back then modeled those in British monarchy - Those women seem to believe emotional outburst in public is unbecoming.   

Do you remember how Jacqueline  Kennedy, Coretta Scott King, and I think even Ethel Kennedy carried themselves at their husbands' funeral?  When I look back on those archives , it appears as some unwritten rule of conduct.  

I wrote about it in my debut novel "sleeping with a d-man",  I wrote it for my oldest daughter before she left for college.  In fact, my occult novel explores the role of women of African descent from times immemorial to the present.  That's why I have all that research on mtDNA.  (full disclosure - I needed to research it for my book) I wanted my daughters to understand how society relates to black women... which is counter-intuitive to our role as mother of all civilization. 

I was a "star" to my father so he balanced my mother.  When he was gone my heart broke.  He was the symbol of the "savior" I spoke about earlier in this thread. 

Black men and men in general play a huge part in parenting and cohabitation. The father supports the mother while the mother nurtures the children. The father is the physical strength in the family - and it's displayed in imagery as when you see the father help the son or daughter put a star on the christmas tree.   It is such a beautiful symbiotic relationship. 

When the father is absent (emotionally, physically, financially et al)  the mother has no emotional support. It is quite rare to see a mother display the balance necessary to raise an emotional healthy child. For example,   An imbalance of Hypermasculinity and Hyperfeminity come to mind - such as when a woman allows her children to be sexually assaulted while she pretends not to see.  

But I digress. 

I was lucky because I had a huge support system for my oldest daughter (I didn't marry her father) and I was married before the twins came along )  Still I had a huge support system with my girls.    

Today, my oldest daughter has a Juris doctorate now and she's not married.  In fact none of my girls are married . They seem to have wonderful social lives balanced with their professions. In fact, my youngest just sent me an instagram of the only female trader on the New York Stock Exchange she's a young black woman, shown here -https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/06/13/lauren-simmons-is-the-only-full-time-female-trader-at-the-nyse.html

I adore my daughters and I think they like me too (smile) They are loving and caring -  So that could be due to their upbringing. my ex- husband believes I should write a book on how I raised, in his words "Three Aces"  but the book is already written because  I knew it  would take a village to raise healthy adults; so I created one :)

WOW now that is amazing! I am so far from where you are in life! You have no idea! 

Your daughter is absolutely incredibly beautiful.  

So I assume you have the twins and an older daughter; that's amazing. I don't know how you did it.

I'm still on a long, long road stretched out ahead of me! My sons are older, yes, but it is crazy difficult...

I don't know why!? They are frustrated sometimes... they complain sometimes and say, "Mom, I'm the ONY ONE, THE ONLY BLACK MALE..."

I don't know what to say, how to help them. 

YOu say, your daughters are presently single, are you single now? IF so, do you think they shy away from heterosexual relationships because of

how they view your relationships?

For me, I've been married for years and it's been a saga, not becsuse of my relationship to husband, but because it seems most people are in a rage over the 

reality of us being married. We are loathed, but not by my father's people. We get wonderful support from them but they are far away. My father-in-law adored us,

And, I guarantee you that you probably know more than me about mtDNA!--LOL even though it was a big chunk of my major. However, my approach on this subject is based on another angle  than your book. However, I welcome your criticism and help for what I would like to share!--since you've already written your book. How exciting! 

Believe it or not, I am researching with hopes of publish a book one day too, but I'm no where close to that point!

I would love to get your book!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

Your daughter is absolutely incredibly beautiful.  

@Chevdove  No she's not my daughter! My youngest daughter sent me this story  - sorry for the confusion. I wanted to share with you their perspective of the people they admire.  

5 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

They are frustrated sometimes... they complain sometimes and say, "Mom, I'm the ONY ONE, THE ONLY BLACK MALE..."

I don't know what to say, how to help them. 

But I'm  glad I included the video of  "the only" black woman trader in the last post.   

My daughters are usually "the only one" too - I was the only one too - and you mentioned you too were the only one... It is a difficult path but at the same time you find out who you are by what you choose to tradeoff. 

I used to tell my News coworkers " I don't have a phD in negrology (and I got that from quote from the film director  Melvin Van Peebles) but being the only black female news anchor /reporter allowed me to give voice to a perspective that only I could share with the millions of viewers.   When you are the only one YOU MUST remember your goals that brought you there in the first place.   

Journalist extraordinaire  Malcolm Gladwell just did a podcast (Revisionist History) on "the only one"  Sammy Davis Jr...and the part of his humanity he had to give up to be the only one. I tell you I was crying like a baby at the end of the podcast.

11 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

YOu say, your daughters are presently single, are you single now? IF so, do you think they shy away from heterosexual relationships because of

how they view your relationships?

Could be.  My daughters date but their focus is on  career and social life. AND they travel a lot.  My middle daughter has a dual degree in psychology and statistics so she is preparing to go to grad school.  The oldest is advancing in her legal career and it takes up a lot of her time. The youngest is focused on building a business (she hasn't said what yet ) lol and she has a steady beau. 

I don't think they get that from me - though. I tend to be in love with love and in the absence of  a "GOAL MATE" , I'm immersed in my  profession."   

20 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

because it seems most people are in a rage over the 

reality of us being married.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???  (Ok I'm just being nosey)  but it reads like The Loving V. Virginia Supreme Court Case  😲

38 minutes ago, Chevdove said:

And, I guarantee you that you probably know more than me about mtDNA!--LOL even though it was a big chunk of my major

@Chevdove  nah, I don't think I do.  You got this.  

I'm a journalist... I read a lot and my copyeditors/factcheckers keep me honest about providing source documents  for what I think I know and write. lol

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

@Chevdove  No she's not my daughter! My youngest daughter sent me this story  - sorry for the confusion. I wanted to share with you their perspective of the people they admire.  

But I'm  glad I included the video of  "the only" black woman trader in the last post.   

My daughters are usually "the only one" too - I was the only one too - and you mentioned you too were the only one... It is a difficult path but at the same time you find out who you are by what you choose to tradeoff. 

I used to tell my News coworkers " I don't have a phD in negrology (and I got that from quote from the film director  Melvin Van Peebles) but being the only black female news anchor /reporter allowed me to give voice to a perspective that only I could share with the millions of viewers.   When you are the only one YOU MUST remember your goals that brought you there in the first place.   

Journalist extraordinaire  Malcolm Gladwell just did a podcast (Revisionist History) on "the only one"  Sammy Davis Jr...and the part of his humanity he had to give up to be the only one. I tell you I was crying like a baby at the end of the podcast.

Could be.  My daughters date but their focus is on  career and social life. AND they travel a lot.  My middle daughter has a dual degree in psychology and statistics so she is preparing to go to grad school.  The oldest is advancing in her legal career and it takes up a lot of her time. The youngest is focused on building a business (she hasn't said what yet ) lol and she has a steady beau. 

I don't think they get that from me - though. I tend to be in love with love and in the absence of  a "GOAL MATE" , I'm immersed in my  profession."   

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???  (Ok I'm just being nosey)  but it reads like The Loving V. Virginia Supreme Court Case  😲

@Chevdove  nah, I don't think I do.  You got this.  

I'm a journalist... I read a lot and my copyeditors/factcheckers keep me honest about providing source documents  for what I think I know and write. lol

Oh no! I don't! LOL. I am shooting in the dark! LOL. I grew up in the Black Church, and I am very frustrated with the omission of a lot of information. How can you believe in something, based on a book, but you only read a part of the book!?

Anyway, your icon is gorgeous and you look like a news reporter! Awesome!!! 

LOL yes, I read about the the Loving story and my rebuke is not on that level because my husband is Black. But it is rough though. This world is filled with 'isms' ... when it comes to a Black woman choosing to be in a relationship. 

• Like 1

Being the only one can also be a powerful position. If you succeed you succeed as an individual but if you fail you feel as a Black person. Although I think you need a few personality traits to make that work. In my case I am contrary and don't feel peer pressure. Plus I can be mentally combative. The other advantage I had was I read a lot and had a good education.

• Like 1

I grew up in the Black Church, and I am very frustrated with the omission of a lot of information. How can you believe in something, based on a book, but you only read a part of the book!?

TRUTH!!!  As I just mentioned in the other thread - I found a lot of missing parts in  hebrew talmud and text called pseudepigrapha (false writings ). It filledin a lot of the blanks especially where women are concerned http://www.pseudepigrapha.com/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mel Hopkins said:

I blame it on black mothers - who would tell us, " Cry and I'll give you something to cry for".   I wasn't even allowed to cry at my father's funeral.  My mother said, "Don't represent your father that way"  🤣

WOW, I understand what you've written, I really do but I'm going to take a while, I need to separate whether such strong warnings from a Black mother can be construed as 'negative reinforcement;' and it's impact on social development as defined in 'strain theories'.

Are you suggesting such advice for a person you trust (like a mother to daughter) makes for rejection of socially defined goals but not the means or, take the ritualist/retreatist route in child development?  I'd think sister Chevdove has gone more towards the 'rebel' side from negative interaction with her mother.  

I'm starting wonder if I'm under the spell of 'culture-bound' objectivity!

6 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

Are you suggesting such advice for a person you trust (like a mother to daughter) makes for rejection of socially defined goals but not the means or, take the ritualist/retreatist route in child development?

@Kalexander2  telling a young girl or young woman to "man up" is just as bad as telling a young boy or young man to do the same... If a parent wants to raise a child into healthy adult - He or she will encourage them to experience and process  the full range of emotions - not stifle them.     We have a world full of people who don't know how to process their emotions - and as I mentioned earlier in this thread - it means these people are lying to themselves. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mel Hopkins said:

telling a young girl or young woman to "man up" is just as bad as telling a young boy or young man to do the same... If a parent wants to raise a child into healthy adult - He or she will encourage them to experience and process  the full range of emotions - not stifle them.   

Okay, granted, some advice from people you trust does tend to suppress healthy emotions but all emotions are processed via empirical/personal experiences.  Everyone processes information differently that come into play when an emotion is experienced.  Even explanations to the child may be misconstrued and confusing.  "Man-up," usually based on what is acceptable to society only adds to the confusion of an already impressional young mind that may, or may not have defined what it means.

This is probably why a young woman who goes to church and learns taboos of personal attire, dangers of extramarital relations, etc., live as she chooses, regardless of such advice.  Why a Black young man chooses to sell illicit drugs on the street or join a gang in rejecting the advice of home.  Home learning by example is an entirely different conversation, however.  

Chevdove

Okay . LOL! Can I ask for a Time out here!!!

I just want to make a comment to men, and since you both are commenting in this thread, it seems good to direct it to you both:

I feel that as @Mel Hopkins stated, that black mothers should take the blame for bad behavior. And, if Black men care so much about the Black woman being victimized, what about the victims striking at children--the victims? What role should Black men take in this REALITY? Shouls you just stand by and say nothing, do nothing, just feel sorry for the whole group without making any intervention?

I feel strongly about this issue here. Shouldn't Black men, fathers do something in this situation? Don't you realize that some Black women are dangerously abusive to the Black child? They strike at the child, and take out their being victimize on the Black child? I feel that Black men should do something too, help out the Black children too, when this kind of abuse is going on. This kind of abuse is incredibly prevalent, I feel, in the Black culture.

That's a very sensitive question you asked, lol.

In todays society and in many circles any critique of Black women by anyone OTHER than another Black woman.....whether it is justified or not....is often misinterpreted as being an insult or disrespect and is often met with disdain and blowback.
I understand those who say ONLY a Black woman should criticize another because no one else knows what it's like. And I feel the same way when I hear Whites criticize a Black person even if their criticizm is justified....so I respect that position.
But let me answer your question in two ways.
A broader sense, and a more narrow sense.....

Broadly speaking BOTH Black men and Black women in America are dysfunctional because we don't have our own culture.

At best most AfroAmericans practice a SUBCULTURE that is a deviated form of Western culture practiced by Whites in America.

In Africa ever nation had what was called a RITES OF PASSAGE where the boys and girls were mentored into adulthood and told EXACTLY what their roles were and what was expected of them.
Men knew THEIR role as well as what was expected of their wives, mothers, sisters, ect.
And vice versa.

Little room for error.

That was taken from us during slavery and since then we've been ATTEMPTING to relate to eachother and form families based on imitating White society and how they SEE males and females relate to EACHOTHER without understanding the science and biology behind it.

But because we don't have the resources and cultural background of most White people, it's harder to maintain that facade and the families often fall apart or don't even come together in the first place because each person is accusing the other or not doing THEIR part.

So you can't fairly blame someone for something they don't know how to do and were never properly taught..

But to narrow down my response to  a more direct answer to your question...........

Black men generally don't have enough power or influence in this society collectively and for the most part even as individuals to "check" Black women on any level.

White men stand not only as a THREAT to Black manhood assuming his "role" as leader in the Black community....but also an an ALTERNATIVE to Black manhood.

In other words, assuming that Black man is righteous himself and hasn't CONTRIBUTED to the hatred that Black mother feels toward her own child......if he tried to make her do the right thing she has the clear choice to either:

1. Call White men in the form of the authorities to come to her aid against that Black man and remove him.

Or.

2. Just LEAVE him all together and take her child and either be alone or marry a White man and not skip a beat.

Outside of physical violence, what can he do to stop it?

The average Black man in America doesn't own a business that employs Black women so he can't punish her financially by denying her employment.

The average Black man in America isn't a lawyer or judge or do the make the laws, so he can't punish her legally with court or jail.

Outsie of physical violence which could jeopardize HIS future and freedom, what else can he do besides HOPE she gets the message and realize what she's doing is wrong?

I've learned from personal experience that sometimes when there are no viable solutions to a problem, the best thing to do is to AVOID it as much as possible until a solution comes.

I don't live in the hood because it's too violent and dangerous.
Sure we COULD correct it, but not enough Black folks have the will to do that yet so instead of forcing myself to stay in Detroit, become a community activist, and "stand my ground".....I chose to leave the problem and move to a better environment and help solve the relatively minor problems that exist here.

The best thing any man or woman in THIS society can do if they are of limited power is to use their best judgement to FIND spouses and mates who are not as dysfunctional and don't need to be corrected.....mature adults with few issues.
And work from there to raise healthy families and keep them away from the dysfunctional environments as much as possible.

Most people aren't in a position to correct or check others in THIS society because it was designed to breed dysfunctionality in the first place.

You try to correct the abusive mother or drug dealer or prostitute and the authorities go after YOU instead of THEM.....because they want the dysfunction to remain.
Judges, courts, and even the jails and prisons make money off of maintaining the dysfunction.
Once you understand that, you focus your time where it counts and where you feel it will be most effective.

We are community people, but we are also individuals and must live our own lives in a safe and productive manner and do what's best for ourselves and our immediate families.
That's our first responsibility.

Krazy Alexander

This one is for Black folk, that's why I'm here, why are you?

According to YOUR krazy ass....

I'm here to dissuade Black folks from getting an education or voting.

Remember what you said months ago?

"Considering your replies as to education, which I had the pleasure of discussing, adamantly disagreeing with you that higher education is too much of burden for Black folk to handle, or words to that effect. I ask myself now, for what reason would a person suggest such an idea even if it were true"

"Oh, and then there's your comment agreeing with me again, that you don't subscribe to Democrat nor Republican. Was it some covert way of dissuading Blacks from voting for the best of the worse? "

https://aalbc.com/tc/topic/5062-listening/?tab=comments#comment-26293

Outside of that......I'm here waiting on you to APOLOGIZE for insulting my Mother.
That's one of the main reasons I'm here.

And you WILL apologize.

Sounds to me like a threat, you think you can handle me, Detriot boy?  I'm an old-school Chicago ass kicker, a new school international ass kicker.  Man, I don’t know what your problem is, but I’m guessing it’s hard to pronounce.  Hold your breath for an apology, no matter how long it takes, just hold it.  Then come with another excuse for being here.  

13 minutes ago, Kalexander2 said:

Sounds to me like a threat, you think you can handle me, Detriot boy?  I'm an old-school Chicago ass kicker, a new school international ass kicker.  Man, I don’t know what your problem is, but I’m guessing it’s hard to pronounce.  Hold your breath for an apology, no matter how long it takes, just hold it.  Then come with another excuse for being here.  

Lol......
If you're so tough and itching to kick some ass, you can start by flying your "old school drop out" ass back to Chicago and dealing with some of the gangsters and hoodlums terrorizing your city.

That would be more impressive and productive than swapping threats with people over the internet from the padded room of your group home....lol.

Being tough and fool are two different things, those brothers in Chicago don't give a damn about taking a life because they've never really lived, but they'll respect me because I'm a lot like them.  Unlike the cowardice in you who avoid connecting with Blacks because (for some reason) you believe you're more evolved and scared of getting your feelings hurt.  YOUR MAMA, MO FO.  Ha Ha!!

On 6/25/2018 at 8:11 PM, Mel Hopkins said:

TRUTH!!!  As I just mentioned in the other thread - I found a lot of missing parts in  hebrew talmud and text called pseudepigrapha (false writings ). It filledin a lot of the blanks especially where women are concerned http://www.pseudepigrapha.com/

Really?

Well, I look forward to reading about more of your findings! 

You've just refreshed my memory on the terms; Talmud, Torah, Tanakh... 

On 6/25/2018 at 11:27 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Black men generally don't have enough power or influence in this society collectively and for the most part even as individuals to "check" Black women on any level.

@Pioneer1OH GOSH! You may have no idea how important your response is to me! You wrote 'in volumes'. You must have published because I would have never imagined such a response could be so approprately conclusive and captivating regarding this issue.

1. Call White men in the form of the authorities to come to her aid against that Black man and remove him.

Or.

2. Just LEAVE him all together and take her child and either be alone or marry a White man and not skip a beat.

GEEZ! You're right!

The best thing any man or woman in THIS society can do if they are of limited power is to use their best judgement to FIND spouses and mates who are not as dysfunctional and don't need to be corrected.....mature adults with few issues.

The right approach! You're right again.

I cannot begin to tell you, in a discreet manner, the kind of conflicts that has unexpectedly come to my mind, based on your response, due to the twist and turns of dealing with issues on this wise as a whole. 

Again, you've written a little, but it's volumes! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! I plan to share this with my husband. I curious to hear his response. I suspect he is going to be very vocal! 

Chevdove

GOSH! You may have no idea how important your response is to me

Well if it means THAT much to you then send me some money for it....LOL.

The right approach! You're right again.

I cannot begin to tell you, in a discreet manner, the kind of conflicts that has unexpectedly come to my mind, based on your response, due to the twist and turns of dealing with issues on this wise as a whole.

Again, you've written a little, but it's volumes! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! I plan to share this with my husband. I curious to hear his response. I suspect he is going to be very vocal!

You're more than welcome, but I have to be honest.......

When I read the excitement of your response I have to wonder if you're really that impressed by what I said  or if you're just "putting me on" in a sacrastic way...lol.

You've just refreshed my memory on the terms; Talmud, Torah, Tanakh...

The interesting thing about the Talmud is that the so-called Jews of Ethiopia know little to nothing about it.

The Talmud was constructed in BABYLON during the captivity of SOME of the Israelites by the Babylonians under Nebuchadnazzar.
Infact, it's called the BABYLONIAN Talmud.
But many people around the world who claim to be descendants of Israel know nothing about it.

If you read the Bible carefully, a certain portion of Israelites actually heeded the warnings that were given and left and went down into Egypt BEFORE Babylonians attacked and they escaped captivity.  I believe these were the ancestors of the so-called Falasha or so-called Ethiopian Jews who practice an entirely different form of the religion than what Jews in the West practice.

Infact, they don't even call themselves Jews but Beta Israel or House of Israel.

In response to America being a Beast:this is a evil and wicked country.The ruling class are hateful and racist to people of color.They treat poor people and sick people bad.Innocent people are being gunned down by homegrown terrorists.The policemen are just as bad as the Gestapo police of Nazi Germany,

slaughtering innocent people all over the country.This is not so nice of a nation at all.No wonder they call it the beast and some people refer to it as

"Mystery Babylon" just like in the Bible. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 1:50 PM, harry brown said:

Looking. At. Books. Online,Saw. Beast,Revelations, 13,Is. America. The. Beast.  Revelations. 13,Says. The. Second. Beast,Will. Rise. From. The. Earth. And. Direct. All. People. To,Worship. The. First. Beast ..My Opinion ..  Racist. White. Men. In.  America,Controlling. The. Richest. Country ..Some. Think,Trump. Wants. The. U.  S.  And. Russia. To. Have. White,supremacy. Upon. The. World..Is. Trump. The. Devil,Himself,Claiming. To. Be. Christian..Supporting,Violent,Christian. Terrorist..Some,White,People. Think. Christianity. Is. The,Largest. Terrorist,Organization. On. Earth......Racist. WHITE. Men,Demonic. ,Claiming. To Be. Christian....

I know that sometimes discussion on religious topics gives various people different feelings. 

But in addressing the question in this thread- I think there is great evidence the answer is 'yes'. 

Many people who study revelation have come to this conclusion based on the information provided.

Here is a link that would give you the details, scripture, and support for why the USA is the second beast in Revelation 13.

The Roman Catholic Papal System is still the 1st Beast in Revelation, this was universally understood by everyone who studied this topic and led to the Protestant Reformation.

But read the question and answer guide in the link, read the scriptures it references, and make your own judgement- there is overwhelming support. 

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4998/t/the-usa-in-bible-prophecy 

On 6/28/2018 at 11:43 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Well if it means THAT much to you then send me some money for it....LOL.

@Pioneer1LOL. stop!

Anyway, maybe I will if you publish... and if I have money!

On 6/28/2018 at 11:43 PM, Pioneer1 said:

When I read the excitement of your response I have to wonder if you're really that impressed by what I said  or if you're just "putting me on" in a sacrastic way...lol.

Definitely sincere response!

Thank you for your information on the Talmud and the Jews, I am definitely doing a lot of research on this. 

@Troy I have responded to some other threads some dayz ago, and I don't see my responses. And, when I posted a thread last week, there was some weird things that happened such as initially, my thread posted and then, it disappeared, then an hour or so later, the thread appeared again and so on.

@Pioneer1 Sometimes I don't see your responses. Why don't you "tag"? 

@Chevdove

Sometimes I don't see your responses. Why don't you "tag"?

Probably for the same reasons I almost never use the "like" and "thanks" features at the bottom of posts....lol.
It's just not my style.

But I definately appreciate your words.
Like you, I've done years of research (informal) on religion and history and I like sharing the knowledge and information (and there's a difference) that I've gathered over the years.

Infact, the research I've done both religion and history is credited with pushing me AWAY from organized religion and bringing me CLOSER to spirituality and a better understanding of traditional indigenous belief systems.

@Chevdove, @Pioneer1 I'm sure the problems you are describing with seeing posts come and go have to do with caching.  While I have not seen this problem, the feature which mark previously read posts is not working properly.  I'll need to follow up with the vendor.

Chedove I'm sorry to say that Amazing Facts site you linked to does not strike me as factual or particularly amazing.  The first paragraph in the article you linked to says:

Can it really be true—the United States in Bible prophecy? Absolutely! When you think about it, it makes sense that the most powerful and influential nation on earth will play a vital role in the final stunning events of the world’s closing history. But even more surprises await you as the Bible reveals how the leading nation of the world came to exist and why! Please read Revelation 13:11–18 before beginning this guide, because these eight verses give a prophetic picture of the United States in the days ahead.

I stopped reading at this point, for I've read this stuff before.  These last days proclamation have surfaced repeatedly throughout history perhaps since Christ's death.  Each generation has their prediction -- apparently completely unaware of the previous generations predictions.

12 hours ago, Troy said:

Chedove I'm sorry to say that Amazing Facts site you linked to does not strike me as factual or particularly amazing.  The first paragraph in the article you linked to says:

Wow! you see @TroyThis is my very point about my threads not being posted, altered, or something weird going on--I don't remember posting the link you are quoting to back up my research at all. In fact, I don't even know what you are referring to! And like you, this link sounds ridiculous to me. I don't recall reading or linking anything of a sort in response to the United States being compared to Revelations.

I posted a thread about 'the archeology of Noah' and earlier I posted a thread about ancient Turkey Anatolia. I don't recall linking anything to the United States. Now I am wondering if my research has been maliciously changed. I am going to now, re-read what i posted about the two threads I did recently posted and check the link you said I listed. 

21 hours ago, Pioneer1 said:

But I definately appreciate your words.

@Pioneer1 Thank you!

@Chevdove, no, no, no I made a mistake.  I incorrectly attributed a quote to you that was made by @samosei -- sorry about that  The link that was posted is show below:

On 7/4/2018 at 6:40 PM, samosei said:

But read the question and answer guide in the link, read the scriptures it references, and make your own judgement- there is overwhelming support. 

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4998/t/the-usa-in-bible-prophecy 

This is the quote I was referencing -- you research is in tact.  I also believe I addressed any issues with the forum with a change iI made yesterday.

• Like 1