"Game."

Game.

After watching the sequel to Wall Street, “Money Never Sleeps”, director Oliver Stone did a wonderful job to shoot the film with the focus on what these traders did on a regular basis. The story tells itself, but he focused on the nooks and crannies, which he is a master at. He captured the mannerisms and little details, such as a broker guzzling down a 5 hour energy drink, which gives the viewer insight to the job and what it takes to perform it. Trading stock, analyzing it and managing it requires high brain activity, linear thinking and some ad-libbing when things get hot in the kitchen.

Most of us will not participate in such a high-risk, high-reward outfit to make our fortunes in this world, because it takes a certain kind of individual to be able to stay cool and calm under pressure and make sound financial decision with other people’s money, in an effort to make them even more of it. So, that not only will they secure that person or firm’s security, but possibly future generations that share in those estates and often end up inheriting the whole ‘Kit and Caboodle.’

Now this is why I chose to write about the game in general. There was a shot in the movie where the young upstart questions his long-time mentor about his firm possibly being in trouble or even worse, the mentor looks at the young man with anxiety a world over and tells him to marry his girlfriend and have kids, not to wait. In other words, not to waste time in the business chasing the next buck, wasting half your life and waking up many years later with little to show for it, besides material wealth that you earn from that industry if you’re good at it. I won't give away what happens to his mentor when his firm is bought out and essentially dismantled, but in that game you swallow, compete or get swallowed by the fishes all in the same sea. Everyone in life doesn't have a focus on career and fortune, they would rather focus on faith after so many decades of seeing how the game impacts them and others in general. So pick a religion and start praying. I began to think about that and then the very next shot shows young children blowing bubbles in New York’s Central Park, many years away from being in situations that those adults were discussing over a few feet away. I believe in God, but I live in a world where I still have to earn a living as best I can and serve God at the same time. The focus is not on the money I earn, but what I do with that money. To provide for my family as best I can, to afford them a life and have opportunities to take care of themselves beyond my care, so that one day maybe they can return the favor and take care of me, when I’m old or if I contract cancer possibly. Nobody knows how their game will play out and what will happen beyond the present day and night. Fortunes get made and lost all the time. People rise and fall in the same manner. If you aren’t aware of that, you should be.

I thought about how children view the adults around them in those situations. They know that seeing them in suits and ties symbolizes that what they do for a living is rather important. They don’t know what they do and what is involved in that racket, but they are able to enjoy life in a certain way because of their parents who provide that for them due to the work that they do and whatever risks have to be coped with and handled to continue to play that game within the bigger game of life survival. Even wives who are removed from what their husbands do and spend many hours behind a desk seem to not fully understand it in its entirety if they are simply homemakers. Now, if they are professionals themselves in a similar industry, then they sort of see the circumstance through the same eye. It helps them relate to the lack of time that they may spend together with intimate encounters and their relationship overall. It would be the same way for athletes, entertainers or politicians obviously.

I don’t know how many people will see the sequel of original, or even care about the lives of investors or their offspring, but I wanted to point all of this out to relay the sentiment that this is a game within a game. Whatever you have chosen to do with your life, your position, the way you approach your life is one and the same. Think of how Jordan approached even practice. Some think it doesn’t matter what you do in practice, because it’s simulation and doesn’t count toward what a team does in a real game or season. When you are in your early twenties, life seems to be all in front of you. You seem to have plenty to time to piss away days and decline to pay credit card balances off, default on minor loans, etc. But, in the grand scheme of the game, it eventually always catches up to you. Those things become habit for some, which become very difficult to break and ends up hurting individuals, families and business or banks that allow opportunity after opportunity to this person and this person. We saw how the economy tanked and how fast it did. We’ve struggled to recover, because those things take time and a lot of financial maneuvering by either the government or executives at banks and businesses to resume a healthy economy and not even a stimulus will completely resolve. The people who spend the money that they earn from whatever game they play, whether it’s in the hundreds, thousands or millions, the system we live under only works when we spend and spend and…spend. Everyone may not be aware of that, but a recession makes it painfully obvious. Why do we seem to only move when it gets to that point? Because we are humans. The doctor told Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano if you don’t lose the weight, we have to take out the knee. So, a very heavy coach becomes a new and improved svelte one when the motivation is deemed essential to his survival as a person. It wouldn’t be fun to coach on one knee. Movement is essential to him functioning well in his line of work. We don’t mess with the donuts. We need those donuts to buy plasma TVs and take vacations to St. Barts in the offseason. But, if your team doesn’t win games, you won’t be around long anyway.

How many mistakes do you make in your game? How bad do they hurt you or the ones around you? Do you know what you’re doing in your game? I have this big thing with people where I always tell them, “know you’re fucking job.” “Know it. Live it. Breathe it. Sleep with it until you’re good at it.” Whatever that job is. A fan may not know the difference between a 4 or 5 hole to pick up 2 yards with the defense bearing down, all they care about is the running back picking up the first down or scoring a touchdown. But, it’s that back’s job to know. It’s no difference between that and a broker knowing his game and what stocks are moving, which are dogs (bad or worthless stock), when you have clients that give a damn about where their money is being put. The object of that game is capital gain and long-term equity, bottom line. Not for everybody overall, but for most of us who are earning our fortunes in whatever game we play, it is. Clients don’t care what you’re resume says or where you went to school. A Harvard MBA is impressive, no doubt about it. But, if I’m not happy with my portfolio earnings every quarter, I’m looking elsewhere to invest, point blank. I worked too hard in my game, for you to be inept in yours, when I’m paying you a commission to be a champion. The reputation of your firm and all of Wall Street rests on your ability to beat the game every trader, each day plays to dominate in the same way. Talk about pressure. The children that greet you every day at your high rise don’t know that. Nor, do they care; you’re just dad to them. The guy with the briefcase that we see sometimes and videotapes us at our recital with mommy.

Nobody lives life to be a failure. To embarrass themselves in the overall game (life) or the game within the bigger one (construction foreman). How you choose to live it and what you do with the compensation is up to you and nobody’s business but your own. Either you’re able to live comfortable and take care of yourself and others or not. You decide what game you will play in high school and some even before that point in their lives. Some are naturals in their game such as Lakers captain Kobe Bryant. Some groom themselves in theirs such as actor Ethan Hawke.

The referees are all around you. Bosses and police officers and the government. The spectators watch your every move. We all want to win at our games and the game overall. Some have an opportunity to play both games; some can only play the game of life and wait for a game to give them a chance, if qualified. Who is qualified and who isn’t is in the hands of the gatekeepers of what position in question.

I would be interested in what others would have to say toward this observation.

Turner.

Guest Nubianpoet

Game.

After watching the sequel to Wall Street, “Money Never Sleeps”, director Oliver Stone did a wonderful job to shoot the film with the focus on what these traders did on a regular basis. The story tells itself, but he focused on the nooks and crannies, which he is a master at. He captured the mannerisms and little details, such as a broker guzzling down a 5 hour energy drink, which gives the viewer insight to the job and what it takes to perform it. Trading stock, analyzing it and managing it requires high brain activity, linear thinking and some ad-libbing when things get hot in the kitchen.

Most of us will not participate in such a high-risk, high-reward outfit to make our fortunes in this world, because it takes a certain kind of individual to be able to stay cool and calm under pressure and make sound financial decision with other people’s money, in an effort to make them even more of it. So, that not only will they secure that person or firm’s security, but possibly future generations that share in those estates and often end up inheriting the whole ‘Kit and Caboodle.’

Now this is why I chose to write about the game in general. There was a shot in the movie where the young upstart questions his long-time mentor about his firm possibly being in trouble or even worse, the mentor looks at the young man with anxiety a world over and tells him to marry his girlfriend and have kids, not to wait. In other words, not to waste time in the business chasing the next buck, wasting half your life and waking up many years later with little to show for it, besides material wealth that you earn from that industry if you’re good at it. I won't give away what happens to his mentor when his firm is bought out and essentially dismantled, but in that game you swallow, compete or get swallowed by the fishes all in the same sea. Everyone in life doesn't have a focus on career and fortune, they would rather focus on faith after so many decades of seeing how the game impacts them and others in general. So pick a religion and start praying. I began to think about that and then the very next shot shows young children blowing bubbles in New York’s Central Park, many years away from being in situations that those adults were discussing over a few feet away. I believe in God, but I live in a world where I still have to earn a living as best I can and serve God at the same time. The focus is not on the money I earn, but what I do with that money. To provide for my family as best I can, to afford them a life and have opportunities to take care of themselves beyond my care, so that one day maybe they can return the favor and take care of me, when I’m old or if I contract cancer possibly. Nobody knows how their game will play out and what will happen beyond the present day and night. Fortunes get made and lost all the time. People rise and fall in the same manner. If you aren’t aware of that, you should be.

I thought about how children view the adults around them in those situations. They know that seeing them in suits and ties symbolizes that what they do for a living is rather important. They don’t know what they do and what is involved in that racket, but they are able to enjoy life in a certain way because of their parents who provide that for them due to the work that they do and whatever risks have to be coped with and handled to continue to play that game within the bigger game of life survival. Even wives who are removed from what their husbands do and spend many hours behind a desk seem to not fully understand it in its entirety if they are simply homemakers. Now, if they are professionals themselves in a similar industry, then they sort of see the circumstance through the same eye. It helps them relate to the lack of time that they may spend together with intimate encounters and their relationship overall. It would be the same way for athletes, entertainers or politicians obviously.

I don’t know how many people will see the sequel of original, or even care about the lives of investors or their offspring, but I wanted to point all of this out to relay the sentiment that this is a game within a game. Whatever you have chosen to do with your life, your position, the way you approach your life is one and the same. Think of how Jordan approached even practice. Some think it doesn’t matter what you do in practice, because it’s simulation and doesn’t count toward what a team does in a real game or season. When you are in your early twenties, life seems to be all in front of you. You seem to have plenty to time to piss away days and decline to pay credit card balances off, default on minor loans, etc. But, in the grand scheme of the game, it eventually always catches up to you. Those things become habit for some, which become very difficult to break and ends up hurting individuals, families and business or banks that allow opportunity after opportunity to this person and this person. We saw how the economy tanked and how fast it did. We’ve struggled to recover, because those things take time and a lot of financial maneuvering by either the government or executives at banks and businesses to resume a healthy economy and not even a stimulus will completely resolve. The people who spend the money that they earn from whatever game they play, whether it’s in the hundreds, thousands or millions, the system we live under only works when we spend and spend and…spend. Everyone may not be aware of that, but a recession makes it painfully obvious. Why do we seem to only move when it gets to that point? Because we are humans. The doctor told Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano if you don’t lose the weight, we have to take out the knee. So, a very heavy coach becomes a new and improved svelte one when the motivation is deemed essential to his survival as a person. It wouldn’t be fun to coach on one knee. Movement is essential to him functioning well in his line of work. We don’t mess with the donuts. We need those donuts to buy plasma TVs and take vacations to St. Barts in the offseason. But, if your team doesn’t win games, you won’t be around long anyway.

How many mistakes do you make in your game? How bad do they hurt you or the ones around you? Do you know what you’re doing in your game? I have this big thing with people where I always tell them, “know you’re fucking job.” “Know it. Live it. Breathe it. Sleep with it until you’re good at it.” Whatever that job is. A fan may not know the difference between a 4 or 5 hole to pick up 2 yards with the defense bearing down, all they care about is the running back picking up the first down or scoring a touchdown. But, it’s that back’s job to know. It’s no difference between that and a broker knowing his game and what stocks are moving, which are dogs (bad or worthless stock), when you have clients that give a damn about where their money is being put. The object of that game is capital gain and long-term equity, bottom line. Not for everybody overall, but for most of us who are earning our fortunes in whatever game we play, it is. Clients don’t care what you’re resume says or where you went to school. A Harvard MBA is impressive, no doubt about it. But, if I’m not happy with my portfolio earnings every quarter, I’m looking elsewhere to invest, point blank. I worked too hard in my game, for you to be inept in yours, when I’m paying you a commission to be a champion. The reputation of your firm and all of Wall Street rests on your ability to beat the game every trader, each day plays to dominate in the same way. Talk about pressure. The children that greet you every day at your high rise don’t know that. Nor, do they care; you’re just dad to them. The guy with the briefcase that we see sometimes and videotapes us at our recital with mommy.

Nobody lives life to be a failure. To embarrass themselves in the overall game (life) or the game within the bigger one (construction foreman). How you choose to live it and what you do with the compensation is up to you and nobody’s business but your own. Either you’re able to live comfortable and take care of yourself and others or not. You decide what game you will play in high school and some even before that point in their lives. Some are naturals in their game such as Lakers captain Kobe Bryant. Some groom themselves in theirs such as actor Ethan Hawke.

The referees are all around you. Bosses and police officers and the government. The spectators watch your every move. We all want to win at our games and the game overall. Some have an opportunity to play both games; some can only play the game of life and wait for a game to give them a chance, if qualified. Who is qualified and who isn’t is in the hands of the gatekeepers of what position in question.

I would be interested in what others would have to say toward this observation.

Turner.

YOU give me a reason 2 come over here and read, thanks, Turner.

All I can say about your piece is, GO FALCONS & EAGLES, lol! :P

Wellll, Turner, your postulation ventures into a mind-boggling realm, - a multi-verse of concentric circles wherein a person playing his game is being critiqued by other people functioning in the role their particular game dictates them to play. Which is to say that the referee and policeman who are monitoring your game are having their efficiency judged by people whose game calls for them to keep tabs on cops and umps, and so on and so on ad infinitum, conjuring up a situation comparable to how a word loses its meaning when it’s repeated over and over becoming nothing more than gibberish, while what it originally referred to dissipates into a maze of ramifications.

Participating in a game is an exercise in competition and somebody has to lose. Most winners are mavericks, - risk takers who don't play by the rules. The randomness of good and bad luck is, of course, a factor and odds have to be beaten.

In the arena of life, as participants in a rat race, we all play mind games. Prevailing in this contest is the true measure of superiority.

There's nothing to disagree with in your commentary. Certain truths are obvious in the scheme of things.

Obvious, to whom? I had to laugh at that for a minute.

As for the rest of your response, I would venture to say precisely. Which is why my second book will be about social competition. Already a step ahead there. So, it came as no surprise when you also drew that conclusion. However, I don't believe it's at all obvious to the majority of society. That's like when some of us read 48 Laws of Power. We immediately said to ourselves, okay cool...but (gulp) who else has read this or better yet been putting those laws into application? The mere thought alone was enough to stifle me for a week as I reflected upon that.

Sure Troy. I will summarize it with the basic premise that we all enter this game by default. Some are better equipped to play it or even exploit it than others. Some are conscious of it being much like a game where the brother pointed out the competitive aspect of a free-market society and some assume that's just the way it is and try not to think of it in that way. Call them our good-natured religious folk or the struggling artist/thespian. This occured to me when I watched Wall Street's first movie and I haven't been able to shake that reality that only an Oliver Stone film can shape. Two objectives stand out in life for those of us who do not enter with an inheritance to carry us through a life cycle: capital. Social, political, residential and industrial. Which of course translates into financial and investment capital. Which is then passed on to our offspring to inherit from us.

Were you referring to me when you said the "brother" pointed out "competitive aspects of a free market society, etc."? It behooves you to get a fix on who you are having an exchange with. I'm not a brother, I'm a sister. Sometimes the sex of who you are playing games with can make a difference. No?

As for your observations not being obvious, although you couched them in a lot of superfluous verbiage, they were basically just common sense rules. Everybody knows that if you don't get your shit together, you will be a bench-warmer.

Ok Cynique, what's your problem like for real? Is that all you have to offer is pissing on people's parades and attempt at adding something else of interest at a board that is already pretty cool are you really all that serious? It's one thing to not be into or even like what someone's interpretation are on things, but I can accept whatever you can toss out. It ain't the first time I done received responses like yours and won't be the last so do what you gotta do. Oh, by the way if it's too elementary for you and so obvious then try another post.

I don't have to wrap my words in nothing fluffy it's just how I write. Now, I'ma take the high road on the all this obvious HATIN' goin on even if you don't care for what I write there's plenty of other posts for you to check out and run off your penny candy psychology to. I'm not a person that wants to turn my post into a competition that's what it was about. I'm sure you have a slick response for this. Save it. You said your piece and that's fine. I also apologize if I mistook you for a brother, being that you are a woman. You should know most folks aren't at all tuned into what gender people are most times unless it's obvious by your tag. I get the feel for people are by reading their posts first then I look a little deeper into your identity. That's just how I do things so excuse me. Now, somehow we went from me just asking everyone what their opinion of my observation was to clean up on aisle self-esteem because I called Cynique a dude. Wow. Next!

My, you have thin skin, Turner. You can't be an effective game player as sensitive as you are, seeing offense where none was intended. My remarks were not an attack on you or what you said. I simply cut through the fat in agreeing with you. You should be glad someone plowed through your post and bothered to respond.

That said, I will add that you have failed your first test as a participant in this forum. You take yourself much too seriously and have no sense of humor. When praise wasn't heaped upon you, you resorted to pouting, falling back on the ol reliable accusation of "hatin". You don't give the impression that you can, in fact, take the heat.

And come on. Do you really think a dude would choose a screen name like "Cynique". The suffix "nique" is decidedly feminine as in Monique and Dominique. Hone your analytical powers, babe, if you want to transcend mediocrity.

• 1 month later...

Oh me, oh my, why am i not surprised. I see Ol'Medusa has put her evil spin on another writer. It's a damn shame that an old dog can't learn new tricks.

Mr Turner was happily plying his craft when the Black Swan came by to poo-poo on his enthusiasm. I see she's yet to find an ounce of compassion or respect. Some things never change and the old maid will continue to treat visitors to Thumper's Corner as if they are the new pretty girl or popular guy on her playground; those that may disagree with her or steal her glory. Her jealousy, envy and hyper cynical view of life, has proven to be a very destructive force that drives people away. It's very hard to sit around a person that poops on their hands and then spreads it on other people.

Mr Turner, do your thang man. The hater is not going to change. She's stuck and she loves it. She's addicted to misery.

Well, look who oozed out from cracks of that hairy ass that he keeps his pin head stuck up in while groping around the desolate territory of that rag he calls a blog where taking his daily ego trip is comparable to him taking a crap since, without even checking it, I know he is talking nothing but crap inasmuch as bull begets shit.

Old blubber mouth carey still fancies himself the guardian of wimps and can always be depended on to come to the rescue of whiners convinced that the world is supposed to regard their every effort with awe and praise, inflated with their delusioned sense of entitlement, unable to withstand constructive criticism, living in a bubble. Anybody who can't take feedback from what they put out there and who skitters away like a scared cockroach instead of exhibiting some guts would naturally be somebody who is a prime candidate for the stroking of cary who can't even do a credible of job of the name-calling he always resorts to because his arguments are so weak. An "old maid" is a spinster; and a spinster is a female who has never been married. I am a widow and if my spouse had been a boring, obnoxious, self-important, limp-dicked dufus like you, carey, I would've been a young divorcee, happy to luxuriate in the solitude that a coward like you can't appreciate because you're afraid of being alone in the company of your true inadequate self, so you think anybody who relishes privacy is lonely. Get outta here. Go find some new material. You're like a broken record. Same ol same ol. >>yawn<<

And, phew, I thought that BigBuck & Co. were repulsive, but you have once again reminded me that the foul smell of carey transcends mere garbage fumes. ugh.

In any case, I join you in lamenting the exit of Mr. Turner. I thought I had found myself a new sparring partner but, no, he wasn't equal to the task. A little nose-tweaking was all it took to deflate his vanity and send him skulking away with his tail between his legs. tsk-tsk. Chalk up another one for the spineless loser team that carey is the self-appointed coach of. And what a good role model a wanna-be numbskull like carey makes for the thin-skinned wussies he defends.

• Like 1

Well, look who oozed out from cracks of that hairy ass that he keeps his pin head stuck up in while groping around the desolate territory of that rag he calls a blog where taking his daily ego trip is comparable to him taking a crap since, without even checking it, I know he is talking nothing but crap inasmuch as bull begets shit.

Damn Cynique! You've hit the brother in the head with a crowbar, kicked him the face, stomped his testicles while he was on the ground and now you wanna pour kerosene on him and set him on fire?? My God, what did Carey do you? Have I been gone that long??? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Xeon -- Word! I'm still laughing out loud for real.

Yeah, Cyinque, at first glance, might come across, as the archetype of the "Angry Black woman" -- Like the lovely sister from this year's superbowl commerial.

Maybe some air support from Chrishayden is needed for Carey.

Well, Troy and Xeon, my diatribe was not spontaneous. I was responding to the same ol mantra that carey drones every time my behavior doesn't meet with HIS approval. And, of course, my opinion of him is so unfavorable that reaming him out comes easy to me. :D

carey does all of his big talk and then when I retort he casts himself of the "victim" of those who laugh at him. That's how his mentality works. :huh:

Say what you will Carey will express his opinions and will not run away from a fight.

Carey, as an aside, I never laughed at you. It is the use of words that I enjoy. For example I might disagree with something Chris Hayden has written and his barb might even be directed at me -- but that still does not stop me from laughing.

In this case, it was actually Xeon's reaction to Cynique that had me rollin'. Plus I just had this visual of Cyiqnue stomping your testicles then setting you on fire ala Angela Basset in Waiting to Exhale.

Man I all for you. You can string togther more than two sentences. The interactions on facebook for example can't get nearly as involved, so I need this place. And as I've said a gazillion times this place is worthless without people who contribute.

They just need skin thicker than tissue paper, a sense of humor, an opinion, a little technical expertise, and a slighly higher than average reading comprehension and writing skill.

A-tisket, a-tasket, the old brown witch carrying her same old basket. Surely, you Cynique, don't think your contrived words were anything special? Don't fool yourself because I know it hurts. It's gotta hurt your soul that my definition of you and your propensity to drive people away is the truth.

Your stale retorts may tickle your toes, but in truth, they are simply stale and unoriginal. The Carol Burnett crowd may love them, but no-no nanette, don't fool yourself. Well, maybe that's exactly what you should do because it's working for you. That's right, sit under your bridge like the troll you are; someone who posts inflamatory, disruptive and extraneous remarks at aspiring young writers, to make yourself seem relevant - and proud.

God don't like ugly and your on deck.

"Carey, as an aside, I never laughed at you"

Troy, you know I know. I too enjoy the word game thang. Heck, how long have we been doing this. This place is tame compared to other "Internet tussles" that I find myself in. Over here is a practice field. Cynique is always good for a good skirmish. So I come here (double -A-league) to horn my skills. Actually, coming here has help my writing skills. The writers - posters - that have stayed around, and those that drop-in, always seem to give me "ideas", word usage and phrasing that I can steal.

So, I am sure you know I've never taken any of the "slam dunks" personally. Where would I be if I didn't have Cynique spell-checking my every damn word. Damn, yesterday she even gave us the definition of an old maid. That sort of feedback is priceless *smile*.

"They just need skin thicker than tissue paper, a sense of humor, an opinion, a little technical expertise, and a slighly higher than average reading comprehension and writing skills.

Bingo! Although Prince wrote a song about it... CONTROVERSY, is not for everyone, and some folks never learn how to laugh... especially at themselves.

And of course it NEVER occurs to you, carey, that your repetitive drivel carries no weight with me. YOu think you're raising hell with all of your self-rightous prattle, completely overlooking how you attack and desperately attempt to discredit any body who doesn't see things your cock-eyed way.

And I repeat. Anybody who can't take the heat should get out of the kitchen when it comes to writing aspirations. The elementary things I say to these people aren't anything that an editor wouldn't tell them. Of course you'd encourage second-rate efforts because you're second rate. And the pitiful thing about you is the inflated opinion you have yourself. You ain't shit, nigga, and it's a collossal joke that you think you are speaking pearls of wisdom when all that is coming out of your big, drooling, floppy mouth is carey-speak, a bastardized language that is equivalent to pig latin; backwards and irrelevant. Go back to stroking all of your dumb-assed disciples whose asses you probably enjoy licking. :D

Are you kidding me. Remember, I've been around the block for a long time, so I don't mess with Kola and she pays me back in kind. I've seen how she waxed yo head... and Thump's & Cyniques. No lord, Kola is my queen.

And stop it Troy, you tryin' to start something *smile*. You gotta know she's but a minute away from talking about how short you are. I remember that time she laid her titty on top of your head - while you both were standing up - and you had someone take y'alls picture. So don't get me or Kola, started.

Kola's ass is being whipped by Diabetes right now (at 41!)...struggling to retain my eye sight....and

trying to keep my weight down to calm my arthritis.

PLUS trying to stay cute for my virile lion boyfriend.

Honestly. I'm a bit tired of fighting to be honest.

I might have to undergo a breast reduction. Which I really just...can't accept.

I love my titties and I don't want to be THAT skinny-minnie.

But the fatty-tissue holds too much estrogen & feeds my

diabetes.

OH...aging. I'm hating it so much.

This is why I secretly love & admire Cynique so much.

She makes it look so easy and she's sharp as a whip. I

want to be like her. But I'm too wild and not disciplined,

I suspect.

Another thing. Just because I cuss at people doesn't mean I don't

really adore them. If I take a lot of time to fight with you, that means

I probably care about you deep down.

A good example is ZANE. I've ripped her to shreds (because she made me)

but I really love her deep down. I felt I had to attack back and when I

attack, it's rarely medium force.

I actually like most people. I just have a lot of unpopular views.

People think I'm "weird", which hurts my feelings and then I attack

them for disrespecting me.

What's hilarious is that Posar and I have yet to have a single argument

and he has THREE PROBLEMS with me: (a) he didn't know I was a comedian;

I make him laugh too much. (B) I feed him too much. © I spend too much

money according to him. But I don't. Not at all.

You are a force of nature, Kola; a wild child and your creativity knows no bounds. Your passion is what makes you magnanimous, and your magnanimity enables you to love and hate at the same time. No small feat. If weirdness is akin to uniqueness then, indeed, you are weird. Let's hear it for weirdness! The average person is uncomfortable with someone who is unpredictable - and that's why they're "average". "Average", - as in "boring". You are never boring and one of your most charming traits is your capacity for self-deprecation. :rolleyes:

Moreover, YOU are the type who aspiring writers should look to for inspiration because they can benefit not only from your literary instincts but the generosity of your tough love. Instead, these "scribblers" gravitate to people who encourage them to attack the messenger instead of the message when it comes to criticism. Denial is their security blanket because they crave approval. Helloooo, carey. :P

I understand that scientific studies have recently confirmed the benefits of the spice Cumin in the treatment of diabetes. I have derived such positive results from taking Ginkgo Biloba that I am now on a homeopathic kick. I'm sure you're amenable to the possibilities of alternative medicine. Just a thought. Anyway, be well and stay well! :mellow:

Wow is right Kola -- Cynique I'm about to cry too -- seriously, that was profound.

"...don't fall in the web of the evil black widow. Her Oprah's couch has a trap door."
That was one of your better ones Carey. ;)

Crying and laughing -- a great exchange.

This is what facebook is messing so far -- the communication is too fleeting. For exmaple the exchange above would be meaningless to the causal observer or even a so called "friend". It is only after reading Cynique and Kola for a while would one even "get it". And it is worth "getting it".

You can say that again, since I am being outflanked by Heckle & Jeckle; Cynique's private laugh track. Troy & Xeon

Awwwww......Comon' Carey. I wasn't trying to pile on or anything like that. It was what Cynique said that made me laugh. Like bro Troy said, you are more than capable of defending yourself. Carry on young man........

Kola's ass is being whipped by Diabetes right now (at 41!)...struggling to retain my eye sight....and trying to keep my weight down to calm my arthritis.

Wow! Its affecting your eye sight now? That's very serious. I remember as a kid my grandmother told me of a woman who lost her eyesight because diabetes. In fact, as ridiculous as this sounds, I just recently learned that Jack Tatum, a former legendary Ohio State and Raiders defensive back lost a leg to diabetes and now he is dead. I hope you do everything you can to being this dysfunction under control. You're way to young to be losing your eyesight.....

You ain't shit, nigga, and it's a collossal joke that you think you are speaking pearls of wisdom when all that is coming out of your big, drooling, floppy mouth is carey-speak, a bastardized language that is equivalent to pig latin; backwards and irrelevant. Go back to stroking all of your dumb-assed disciples whose asses you probably enjoy licking.

OMG!!! I just saw this!!!! Sorry Carey, like I said before, I'm not piling on bro but this is some funny stuff ("You ain't shit, nigga....whose asses you probably enjoy licking?")........

smiley-laughing024.gif

"That was one of your better ones Carey. ;)

Crying and laughing -- a great exchange. "

Well Xeon, particapants aside, my vision was the evil women in The Wiz and The Wizard of Oz. You know, the one that was flushed down the toilet. So I sorta stole that one. I saw Cynique interviewing Kola. Then as the tears started flowing, Cynique, - with a hand reminiscent of the wicked witch of the west - reached for a lever on the side of her "crying couch". As Kola reached for a tissue to wipe her eyes, Cynique flushed her down the toilet. But then, some of the water splashed on Cynique, and of course we know what happened when Dorothy threw water on the wicked witch..... "You cursed brat. Look what you've done. I'm melting. I'm melting. Oh, what a world. Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness."

Xeon,

At the beginning of December 2010, our entire family returned to Falls Church, Va. because

my adoptive father was given 1 week to live. Posar couldn't go, but I took my sons and we

lived there with my parents awaiting my father's death. All 8 children came home (well the

official legal 8) and we held up our mother who of course was devastated after 50 years

of marriage.

My dad had been very ill for the last four years. He had been operated on several times

beginning with cancer. In summer 2010 he developed diabetes. By November they informed

him that they needed to cut off his arms and legs. ALL FOUR LIMBS. He also began losing

his eye sight!

He response: "...just let me die."

By early January, my father died at age 70.

One week later....(which is just last month)....I began having intense visual problems

and blood sugar swings. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. EXACTLY LIKE MY FATHER.

Since starting treatment ((I drink 2 cups of Guava tea per day instead of pills or insulin))

my sight has improved and my blood sugar seems to be regulated.

Posar, who put me on the tea, brilliantly instructed that I should also take Quill's Oil for

my eyes. The DHA strengthens the retinas.

Posar, by the way, is a Health Nut and a Raw Foodist. His instruction that I treat myself

with all natural things (Guava tea, Quill's oil) has brought me INSTANT control and relief

and has been much better than what the doctor's mapped out for me.

As long as I get exercise and drink the Guava tea & Quill oil pill, I seem to be OK.

But I was treated for brain cancer in 2008 (very successfully) and since then, I'm always

paranoid about my health and feel very unsure about how long I will live.

I've had a very awful life to be honest.

"That was one of your better ones Carey. ;)

Crying and laughing -- a great exchange. "

Well Xeon, particapants aside, my vision was the evil women in The Wiz and The Wizard of Oz. You know, the one that was flushed down the toilet. So I sorta stole that one. I saw Cynique interviewing Kola. Then as the tears started flowing, Cynique, - with a hand reminiscent of the wicked witch of the west - reached for a lever on the side of her "crying couch". As Kola reached for a tissue to wipe her eyes, Cynique flushed her down the toilet. But then, some of the water splashed on Cynique, and of course we know what happened when Dorothy threw water on the wicked witch..... "You cursed brat. Look what you've done. I'm melting. I'm melting. Oh, what a world. Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness."

Nobody asked me, but I'll just say this. Kola and I butt heads all the time yet in spite of her hystrionics and fabrications I recognize that she has a good heart and a good brain.

I consider Chrishayden a loose-cannon but I respect that he is also very well-read.

I don't always agree with Troy and Xeon but I like how they handle themselves. They have class. Crystal and Li-Li are my gurls cuz they just keep on readin, having the good sense to know when I have my tongue in cheek. I really miss Yvette and Ferocious Kitty, and I wonder all the time whatever happened to Mzuri and hope Se-Se is well.

And then there's carey. From day one, we've never hit it off. Whenever we have a truce it is an uneasy one. Some people you just don't take to. His opinion of me is no lower than my opinion of him as in addition to all of his other traits that I find obnoxious, he has recently revealed himself to be a parasite. He admittedly feeds on the ideas and phrases of others for the purpose of co-opting them since he's not an original thinker. He relies on others to shore up his vocabulary and his grammar and spelling. When you argue with him, he sets the tone because he can never just advance his point without prefacing it with the personal attacks that he apparently think bolster his position. I'm don't have a problem with exchanging insults but it bothers me when he uses this ploy with others. But others find him palatable, and there's no accounting for taste. :huh:

Now I'm sure the ol guy will respond to this with his patented argument about me being a lonely old jealous witch. I don't know whether he realizes it or not but I don't consider being called a "witch" an insult. Witches are cool. They have mystical powers and not all of them wear black capes and pointed hats. I don't. :D And yes, I am "lonely" - for an android who would be programmed to fulfill my every wish and need. And yes, I am jealous of anybody whose heart isn't subject to episodes of arrythmia. But I don't dwell on any of this. I'm more focused on pondering the mysteries of life and on what constitutes reality.

Bottom line, I'm a good companion for myself and don't care to be worried with a lot of people around buggin me. My children and grandchidren take up the slack and that's good enough for me. I now even have 2 great-grandchildren who I am indifferent to see come and happy to see go. So be it. :rolleyes:

Cynique, thanks for that "deep thinking" fine analysis. You've saved me an hour of time and money. I can call my shrink and tell him I won't be coming in this week.

But now I'm thinking... ummmm......

"When you argue with him [Carey], he sets the tone because he can never just advance his point without prefacing it with the personal attacks that he apparently think bolster his position"

Now if I am not mistaken, this is coming from the grand dame of insults. When last we checked, the count of slanderous name - directed at ol'Carey - it over 150. So who is fooling who. Please, the "white girl cry" may be working on some, but you can miss me with that one.

"He admittedly feeds on the ideas and phrases of others for the purpose of co-opting them since he's not an original thinke

Well well well, it appears the self professed "critical thinker" has again made her move too soon. What human - on this earth - did not gain knowledge from reading something or someone that has gone before them? It makes absolutely no sense to imply that someone - ANYONE - learned their speaking and writing skills from sitting in a cave, or through some weird form of "writing osmosis". It's been said in many ways and many times, that if a person desires to be a better writer or communicater, they should read anything and everything they can, to advice their position. So, feeds & co-opts IS the natural and proven path. Only a self obsorb ego-manic would think differently. They would fool themselves into believing all their knowledge was obtained at birth, and therefore, everything they read, they already knew.

Please baby baby please, you gotta come better than this. If not, you're losing props and your sympathy card will expire.

And lastly, "And then there's carey. From day one, we've never hit it off"

AGAIN... yet again, that's not true. When you went by the other name (don't quite remember the name of that moniker ) back when you WERE NOT this Cynique, things were cool. But with the name change and more and more people challenging your - ahh - opinions, calling you out, you began to harden. You became more cynical and argumentative. You have to admit that you've had more tussles/battles/fights and deep disagreements on this board than everyone combined. The number of your victims and challengers would fill a very large scrap book. fifty are more would be a good guess.

Yet today, you're playing the part of nice compassionate, grandmotherly victim. Cynique, every closed eye is not sleep. You may fool some of the people some of the time, but....

And be rest assured, if you keep coming my way... this is what I do. There are no rules in love and war, and nobody sets the rules of engagement.

I admitted that I like a good slam fest, but I don't START them. I put on my game face once people like you automatically inject snide insinuations into their initial comments.

In the literary world, style is what it's all about. Talented writers don't steal from other writers. Their writing is filtered through their own unique way of expression. Original thinkers still exist in this world and they undoubtedly know that knowledge is about how you apply what you know.

As I said, from day one, I never took to you, carey, beginning with an e-mail I received from you when in my pre-Cynique days I was silly enough to include my e-mail address with my posts. In it, you attempted to put me in my place because of some remarks I made and you did so in a very presumptive manner. Whatever. I have changed very little from that time. And I certainly haven't gone through life without being challenged by people. I don't expect everyone to see things my way, but their challenging me is not the reason I dislike them. In fact, I have a lot of "frienemies" - as well as many acquaintences who even though they share my views, I don't care for. There are just some people who simply get on my nerves. Heh-heh. I announce all the time that I consider myself a polemist - a contrarian which, as Kola noted, makes me a devil's advocate. So yes, I do regularly argue with a lot of other posters, and the angels among them don't like having their halos disturbed. Tuff.

And it certainly wasn't my intent to play the role of compassionate grandmother. Puleeze. That's your spin. I actually embraced my "witch" persona. As for Kola, I merely gave my assessment of her. Over the years I've expressed these opinions before, always giving Kola her props even if I did have a problem with her tantrums and her alter egos.

And YOU rest assured, ol man, that I am not taking on the role of a victim here because you are not a victor. My comments were not a plea for you to dial it down. I'm ready to play hardball with you any time. Just bring it on.

Nawl, we've had enough "bringing it on" for this week. Let's talk about something we both can agree on... The Bulls. I'm worried about my boy Rose. See, the Bulls are wearing him out. We need a REAL center.

For instance, look at Koby and the support he has around him. In my opinion Kobe is the best player in the NBA. His all around skills are too strong to have any real contenders. Yet, it's undeniable that Kobe and the Lakers would not have the success they've seen, if not for the talent around. Starting at the center position, the Lakers have always been strong. Then, unlike the Bulls, the Lakers have always had a strong defensive presence down in the paint, ie, Rodman, Shaq, Artest, and now two towers and artest. And, the lakers always have another pure shooter on the outside.

Rose needs help.... badly. And, I am not so sure they can win with their "never been nothing" coaches.

"Can you say Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah??????"

Yeah, I can say fluffy skinny - no offence- Joakim Noah. And no skills - outside the paint - Carlos Boozer, who's too short to stop the league's big men. And lets talk about their - can't coach- coach. I can say everyone of their names since ol'boy left to lead the Lakers to multiple championships.

Last time I checked, the Bulls were leading their division, the convential wisdom being that had he not beeen injured Noah, who is also a great passer, would've made the All Star team. Also, as a consistent scorer, Carlos Boozer, had he not been off earlier in the season, stood a good chance of making the all-star reserves, a pick for which Luol Deng, with his numbers, was blatantly snubbed. Moreover, the name of the Bulls' coach who is a defensive specialist is also being mentioned for the coach-of-the-year honors.

So, naturally, I don't agree with your assessments. Time will tell.

Well, it looks like we've again come to the end of our road. Noah will never be allowed to even sniff the seats of an All Star team. Are you kidding me. His chances of making an NBA All Star team are as remote as 5'2" Troy Johnson winning the slam dunk contest. There are at least 15 centers above Noah.

"Last time I checked, the Bulls were leading their division"

AND?! I mean, lets take a look at that division. Indiana, CLEVELAND, Detroit and Milwaukee. So now I am deeply troubled. Exactly who is

"convential wisdom" and who's mentioning - mentioning mind you - Tom Thibodeau for the coach-of-the-year honors?

I am done.

YOu need to be done. Why would I place any stock in anything a duffer like you claims? I was basing my statements on what sportwriters and commentators say but, of course, you know more than they do. You're the expert. (Have you checked the stats of Noah and Carlos?) And the Bulls must be doing something right with the players and coach that they have because they're among the few teams in the NBA with a winning record in both the eastern and western conference. Woo-woo-woo they're working D. Rose too hard. What a silly statement that is, but I'll just consider the source.

"I was basing my statements on what sportwriters and commentators were saying"

That's where you got lost in darkness. You were probably listening to a Bull's channel,and thus, was biting on the wrong ass. Seek first to understand and THEN you might be working with something. Of course those clowns on the Bull's network are goiing to make glowing statements about the Bulls and their also-ran players. That's what they are paid for. Yep, to capture the ears of the unknowing and the uninformed - like you.

Come back when you can voice your own qualified opinions, and not those of a paid puppet. Cynique, you gotta stop copying and pasting your way through life. Even the cowardly lion and the tin man found out they had courage and a heart.

OOOOh stfu. You dont' know jack. What are your credentials other than an inflated ego. You're no expert. The Bulls do play on ESPN and TNT as well as local channels and they all say the same things. Plus all you have to do is to see NOah block and pass and shoot and Carlos cosistently make baskets to give them their props. I watch every game and see them in action while you're down there in the corn fields pickin your toes. You need to go somewhere and jack off.

YOur attitude about this says a lot about your approach to life, and explains why you mistake your stupidity for acuity. You brain needs glasses because you can't see clearly. the only criteria you have for reaching conlusions is your own misguided notion that you know more than others in spite of how people regularly clean your clock.