Michael Vick.

Shout out to Micheal Vick.

What you fans don't know is that on an organization level Philly got all of y'all thinking that they wanted Kolb as the starter. When in reality, it was silent motivation for Mike to reclaim his spot in the NFL as a starter an human hilight film as the signal caller. Since being dropped like a bad habit by Atlanta, the man has gone through hell only few can ever even attempt to imagine. Lost over 100 million dollar in salary in the blink of a eye, public humiliation and even did a stint in the bing and worked construction afte getting released. Damn, Virginia is hurting boy. First, AI then Vick, then Charlie Brown went crazy (Chris Brown)...but thanks to Trey Songz, Virginia is not looking that bad these days. Hold up, this is about Vick, though. The man not the football player (well both actually) had to do some growing up. At 30 years old. And, he's far from alone in this world.

Andy Reid you know is his current coach and a little more understandng of the man's situation having two sons who ran afoul of the law and dealt with that as a coach in charge of running a tight ship for Jeffrey Lurie's team. Well, he realized no matter how you raise yor children sometimes it just doesn't work. Reid is a devout Mormon. Vick and his even more troubled brother Marcus grew up Protestant in grimy ass Newport News. Same place AI from. Somehow they made it out and on to millions, playing a game they played for free as young'uns. Then, found ways to conviniently fuck it up. Whether it was them directly or in connection with others. I know what these gentleman mean to their community. Vick given a second chance in a world that wanted him burned at the stake like a slave in the 1800s, has made great strides as a man first, leader and quarterback in general. He relied on talent before his fall, now he relies on the lessons he learned under McNabb and Reid during those practices and two-a-days during the offseason. He signed for a hell of lot less than he was worth once before. But, the opportunity was worth a billion if you know the situation he was truly up against.

Vick had to see how they played him. Kolb start over me? Reid is daring me to take this spot. Heck, people have to be looking at me like I'm either going to do that or be finished for good as a occasional sub for the wildcat offense package the Iggles (yes Iggles) run. He's faster again than anyone on the field. He decision making has caught up to his wheels. He knows to take the checkdown if his progression yields no potential YAC and a completion. Progress was made as a professional! It's okay. Come back next down and give yourself a chance and your teammates an opportunity to make a play for you. I'm proud of the man and I'm not even an Eagles fan. Growing up is a tough thing for many to do even with priviledge far out of sight the average person can enjoy in this world. Next test: Take down Washington and the past, Donovan, to signal it's a new sheriff shutting it down. Now, if you think both QBs ain't thinking about both outcomes and what it will say about Philadelphia's decision to let their franchise leader walk to a division rival, you don't know football. Sure Vick is 30, but if he can maintain his progress for the next few seasons, he will have justified the move they made to pick him up out the muck and mire to say, "Here's your shot, don't fuck it up...again."

Part of me want's to play devil's advocate here and say that they absolutely would not be loving Mike if Philly was a losing squad. But, that's the beauty of the whole thing. Just two short years ago here this same man was a convict in prison, where most hardly return to even a marginal type of opportunity, let alone stage to showcase whatever abilities a ex-con may have, but he was given a shot and certainly has not let anyone down thus far. I'm praying that this brother continues to excel on the field as well as off and in the community that has for the love of the pigskin embraced him and allowed for a safe transition back into mainstream society as a productive citizen. Thank God for Tony Dungy. Thank God for people who helped him get back into shape, even ex-teammate Donovan McNabb who put his ego aside to lead the cheers to sign him. They took the time to see that he was a human being who made mistakes, but also didn't want to throw his life away or wallow in self-pity for losing the record-breaking contract or endorsements. I also would challenge America to look further into this circumstance by observing what someone can do if we as a country invest something into the lives of people who we cast away and lock up but do their time and come back to the world just seeking to move on and get better as people once released. Is that rehabilitating them or sweeping our problems under the rug? Far too often because of a lack of publicity or a big corporation like the NFL to help out, people come back to little or nothing and are tasked with the impossible for some who have never been behind such institutions.

I would love to hear anyone else's thoughts on Michael, his circumstance or even friends or possibly family members who may have dealt with the same lot in life.

R. D. Turner

post-343-095014300 1293113883_thumb.jpg

It has never been about this guy's skillz on the field. He has been a phenom since he was at West Virginia (I still remember that game they played against the Seminoles where he damn near beat his opponents by himself.

It is his associations and conduct off the field that is the problem.

He is on track to be one of the all time stories of comeback and redemption if he can keep his nose clean.

Stay out da hood. Keep your mind on football.

Also, he need to forget about owning a dog. If he has even a goldfish and something happens to it they will run his a** out of the country.

Here's hoping, but seeing what happened to his brother I think we need to take a wait and see attitude...

IMO, Michael Vick's goose was never cooked. In the NFL winning is the name of the game and profit is the first down. Any losing team looking to improve its record had to be salivating over the chance to snap Vick up and make itself look doubly good in the process by appearing to be forgiving and compassionate while adding a proven winner to their roster. Redemption, hell. Professional football is a sport that thrives on pit bulls abusing each other. Vick is a superstar. As long as he wasn't raping white girls, his comeback was just a matter of time. Franchise honchos have remarkably short memories.

Sorry, R.D. Turner, if my comments don't reinforce your sob story, I was mostly responding to Chrishayden, an adversary who relishes taking me on. LOL

I remember that game Chris. Hey, Peter gave him a run for his money as well on the other side lol but yes I see what you're saying. I think it's fair to have a wait and see approach. I do understand where he is coming from on getting a dog to sort of reverse the whole dynamic of him being a dog killer as part of his treatment. I used to volunteer in a center that dealt with such issues before. Learned a lot of stuff. Thanks for the reply.

IMO, Michael Vick's goose was never cooked. In the NFL winning is the name of the game and profit is the first down. Any losing team looking to improve its record had to be salivating over the chance to snap Vick up and make itself look doubly good in the process by appearing to be forgiving and compassionate while adding a proven winner to their roster. Redemption, hell. Professional football is a sport that thrives on pit bulls abusing each other. Vick is a superstar. As long as he wasn't raping white girls, his comeback was just a matter of time. Franchise honchos have remarkably short memories.

Sorry, R.D. Turner, if my comments don't reinforce your sob story, I was mostly responding to Chrishayden, an adversary who relishes taking me on. LOL

(The last time you followed the game, Bronco Nagursky was in his prime.

Suppose Vick was NOT winning, eh?))

Your answer is off point - as usual. Everything I said about Michael Vick was predicated on his being a WINNER. Your second comment is equally ill-founded, considering that where I live the home team just won its division title. GO, BEARS!

The surfacing of all of this new admiration for Michael Vick is having the effect of a jinx. Obama's praising of Vick's skills and the Philadelphia Eagle's act of "redemption" resulted in him having a bad night as the Eagles lost.

People ought stop making a morality play out of his life and just let the dude play football without all of the distractions.

The surfacing of all of this new admiration for Michael Vick is having the effect of a jinx. Obama's praising of Vick's skills and the Philadelphia Eagle's act of "redemption" resulted in him having a bad night as the Eagles lost.

People ought stop making a morality play out of his life and just let the dude play football without all of the distractions.

(But of course they won't do that, will they? I mean, what will they talk about on all the Sports call in shows?

If, after being damn near run out of the country he is so stupid he is still listening to people he deserves what he gets.

There was a song, one time. I think you did a version as a vocalist with your kazoo band--"That's Life"?

"Ridin' high in April. Shot down in May"