What do you think of the ongoing battle between Pionner1 and Kalexander2

Fortunately, i don't rely on syncophants when i debate.  

The story about Cosby hiring people to write his dissertation has been floating around for a long time.  i think  somebody even offered proof of this. I tend to believe it's true because Cosby is the type who thought his money and power allowed him to live by his own rules, not to mention that he's never exhibited any great intellectual prowess. 

IMO Style is created in attempt to enhance your social status. The kind of class i'm talking about is innate, not social; it has more to do with being well-bred.

Just now, Cynique said:

Fortunately, i don't rely on syncophants when i debate

Isnt it comforting to know you have a knight in "shine" armour to protect your honour?

Well bred speaks if pedigrees and pure breeds. There are both high class and low class people that are concerned with breeding. Our tiki torch wielding compatriots and the Royals. I coukd have just used the Royals since Prince Phillip makes crass statements. That betray his aristocracy. 

Touch e - > My post was written at the same time as your style class addendum. 

1 hour ago, Delano said:

Cynique are you saying that rape isn't an act of aggression? 

What word you use to describe your feelings toward Pioneer?

Rape can involve physical assault, or non consensual sex.  One is an act of violence, the other is an act of violation.  Cosby didn't beat up the women he raped he simply stole him some nooky without their permission.  (Many non consensual "rapes" go unreported because, for some women, it ain't that serious  nor worth the trouble and this includes marital rape.)  Of course, Feminists  and Me-tooers don't like to admit this because it dilutes their agenda. 

i don't dwell on my feelings for Pioneer.  My reaction to him is usually a knee-jerk one.  As soon as he starts pontificating, thoughts of disagreement just automatically come to mind.  His bare-faced lies about my sending racy pictures of myself  to him left me nonplussed. 🤨

40 minutes ago, Delano said:

Isnt it comforting to know you have a knight in "shine" armour to protect your honour?

Comforting? No.  Amusing? Yes.

44 minutes ago, Delano said:

Well bred speaks if pedigrees and pure breeds. There are both high class and low class people that are concerned with breeding

But people with real class don't try to flaunt  it, They just let theirs speak for itself.  Understatement is a mark class.  At least this is the way it used to be.  Today, money is the name of the game.

@Delano People get an education "to make more money."  See this is what I mean; I do not believe that you think so little of humanity that even you believe what you wrote.  Many people go to college to improve themselves I take course from time to time to acquire more knowledge.  Indeed I teach to acquire more knowledge.

We all read a variety of things to learn more about the world so that we can better navigate it, to appreciate and enjoy it more. I'm surprised you'd give such a shallow callus response to the question of why people get an education.

Del perhaps I was not clear because clearly or you are not understanding what I wrote. I never said education makes people less violent. I said there is a correlation.  If you reread my earlier post, you'll see I did not say it was causal relationship between violence and education. 

I said their as a correlation: one only need to look at the educational levels of those currently incarcerated for violent crimes and compare it to the general popular to see this correlation.

Let's try this: Why did you bother to wasting all that time, energy, and money getting an MBA Del?  Why to you continue to read books?  Are YOU doing all of this just to make more money?  

@Cynique, initially I agreed with you regarding Cosby, but I decided not to bother with challenging what he did as violent.  I think sexual assault is a form of violence.  If Cosby did that to one of mine, he would have some serious problems (I don't care how many degrees I have, somethings just bring the ghetto out of you 🤬).

If Cosby paid for his degrees, then his situation would just make my point.

Sexual assault is violent.  But not all rape involves physical battery.  Date rapes are usually just a girl giving in, in spite of not wanting to have sex. The same for marital rape.  But-  i guess rape is really in the eye of the beholder -   or in the "vajayjay" of the victim.  🙄  

On 7/7/2018 at 11:21 PM, Pioneer1 said:

Troy

There was a study that showed less educated people get more upset by perceived slight than more educated people do. They are measurably more upset. They want to fight if you talk about their mother or accidentally step on their sneakers. These people will literally murder you if you cut them off in traffic.

I can't remember where I read this, but there was also something else related about the "honor culture." It is the same reasoning that got all the poor uneducated white people to shoot each other to death during the Civil War.

3 hours ago, Troy said:

Del perhaps I was not clear because clearly or you are not understanding what I wrote. I never said education makes people less violent. I said there is a correlation.  If you reread my earlier post, you'll see I did not say it was causal 

You are w implying uneducated people are more prone  to violence. You may disagree but that statement is similar to more educated people are less violent. 

7 hours ago, Troy said:

Del perhaps I was not clear because clearly or you are not understanding what I wrote. I never said education makes people less violent. I said there is a correlation.  If you reread my earlier post, you'll see I did not say it was causal 

You are implying uneducated people are more prone  to violence. You may disagree but that statement is similar to more educated people are less violent. 

Yes Troy most MBA are working not for profits and charities. Or people went into i investment banking because the long hours made them better people. (sarcasm) 

MBA programs list the average salaries of its graduates by discipline or has that changed. 

6 hours ago, Delano said:

I am not prepared to argue about if rape is an act of violence. I am in agreement with Troy. 

I'm not prepared to argue about rape either since I'm not an authority on it.  Even the courts can't always reach a verdict about it.  A college campus might be a good place to take a survey, since rape in all of its variations is a common occurrence there.  

@Delano you may have missed my question why did you get an MBA?

Yes I am implying that uneducated people are more prone to violence.  I'm not saying that education, or lack thereof is the cause, but there is a correlation would you agree?

@Cynique, what Cosby is accused of doing is a degenerate move.  Now that I'm back in the dating scene, I cant image doing what Cosby did to anyone.  He is a low-life.  This is not date rape where "no" means "yes." He He incapacitated people by drugging them without their consent and sexually assaulted them.  He really belongs in jail (assuming he is guilty).  If some female I was out with drugged me then started shoving thing up my rectum.  She better just cut my throat while she is at it cause when I wake up -- she was I had 4 Phds

I wasn't trying to exonerate Cosby.  What ever he did while his victims were asleep, the sex was non consensual. which makes it rape.  But, whether it was "degenerate" or not is a matter of opinion,  Just because the women were drugged does not mean he was doing freaky things especially if it was something consenting adults would do without giving it a second thought.  i think one of the things one woman vaguely remembered him doing was sucking her toes. 😛 

We seem to be having a problem with the term "assault". To me, it is synonymous with violence.  A lot of women prefer the less volatile  term "violated" when a man uses her body without her cooperation.   

This is why rape so often goes unreported because it is so hard to prove, unless the victim has been beaten up.  

What?! Cosby drugging a woman to suck on her toes -- he is a freaky ole devil.

Well I don't think you are trying to exonerate Cosby Cynique, but your word choice does suggests some level of "condoning."  For example, you wrote the women were "asleep" when in fact they were drugged and knocked unconscious.  It was not like they laid down and took a nap. "Violated" seems like a euphemism too when describing what Cosby did.  

I'm not trying to give you a hard time Cynique, indeed I initially defended Cosby as if he were a victim of a conspiracy rather than a victim of his own sick behavior.  Remember the documentation I shared over three years ago explaining how each accusers accusation was questionable

Well they "proved" Cosby "violated" that woman in PA -- and Cosby's $3MM pay off did not work!  Cosby probably was never accused because he could always write a check...

While Del and Troy fall back and re-group, i will respond to Troy's remarks.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

What?! Cosby drugging a woman to suck on her toes -- he is a freaky ole devil.

You were the one up in arms, preaching about him being a "degenerate".

4 hours ago, Cynique said:

...Just because the women were drugged does not mean he was doing freaky things especially if it was something consenting adults would do without giving it a second thought.

2 hours ago, Troy said:

For example, you wrote the women were "asleep" when in fact they were drugged and knocked unconscious.  It was not like they laid down and took a nap. "Violated" seems like a euphemism too when describing what Cosby did.  

i later said the women were drugged in the same post you alluded to.  Also  the euphemisms  were ones the rape victims, themselves, used.

You allowed yourself to get caught up in  putting your daughters in the place of  these rape victims, and this seems to have magnified your empathetic indignation.    

I read for pleasure and to fill up my day. Posting online pretty much the same. Read Teaching as a Subversive Activity . I feel as though most of education is training people to be good workers. Did the teach more than problem solving in engineering?

I was invited by the director of admissions to visit Yales Business School. You had to defend your views against the entire class. I don't know if other Grad Schools teach students how to think. I don't believe thinking is the goal of education. 

@Cynique, do not get me wrong Cosby is a degenerate, but I had not heard the one about sucking the toes of a woman he drugged.  Putting myself in the position of the victim (rather than Cosby) helped me understand their situation.

I think (and I'm not talking about anyone here) the problem Americans have is their inability to empathize with others, especially Black people and poor people.

34 minutes ago, Troy said:

I think (and I'm not talking about anyone here) the problem Americans have is their inability to empathize with others, especially Black people and poor people.

Well, empathy is at the core of political correctness. So the Liberal segment of the country is feeling the pain of others - to the extent of becoming a pain in the ass because they are going over board in dictating to people how they are obligated to act...  😴      

Yes I agree political correctness has run amok, Americans have started using the term Latinx as opposed to Latino and Latina: it is like referring to someone's gender is an insult!  Even the voices of the female voice of Siri and Alexa defaulting to a feminine voice is insulting because this supposedly cast women into subservient roles.  I previously described a application I was about to fill where  the gender category had at least 10 other options besides male and female -- who thinks up this stuff?

But this is different than empathy. The people who think this stuff up dont consider the people they are trying to help.  They generally had a personal agenda. Many people from the Latin American community reject the term Latinx and many women don't care one way or the other which gender the voice Siri uses (I wish they would have a Black woman's voice preferably with a southern accent).

Cosby will likely go to jail because of the #metoo movement.  Honestly, I think after he gave this women $3 million she should not have a case. Cosby is still a degenerate, but the #metoo movement's political correctness claimed Cosby as a victim. 

This #MeToo "movement" has seemingly blown over as we wait around for the next bullshit revenue generating Twitter promoted hashtag to comes along in the meantime, R.I.P. #Occupy, #BlackLivesMatter, #FeeltheBern, #Change

• Like 1